11: Fate, again?

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 11: Fate, again?

I should have expected that Jinae would jump at me the moment I’m back to the office. Thinking about it, it was suffocating with all the questions she showered me, it felt like a nightmare. From “How is it?” to “What did you two talk about?” to “What do you think of him?” until it brought to the question “Did he fetch you back? I didn’t see his car.”

“No. I got back here on my own.”

“Why not? I’m sure he offers a ride so what’s up with you?” she asked, unhappy with my answer.

“His coffee shop is on the other side. How could I make him drive all the way here and drive back double the distance?”

“You make it sound like he had to walk you here.” Jinae rolled her eyes at my excuse but she didn’t say anything because I wasn’t making an exactly nonsense excuse. “So, did you set for another lunch, maybe?”

“No.” Her face fell immediately when she heard that. “But I promised to visit his shop some time.”

Her face looked so bright, I didn’t have the heart to tell her that I wasn’t feeling anything she expected me to feel after meeting the man for one time. “This will work. I have a strong feeling this will work. I’m so excited.” She chimed like a fangirl who just received an autograph from her idol.

“Can I work now?”

“Yeah, yeah of course. Back to work.” Jinae replied and returned to her place while muttering to herself “I can’t wait to tell Kyungsoo about this.” She looked super giddy like she was the one who had a successful date.

I released a sigh when she was gone out of my sight- “I’m so happy for you!” She suddenly returned and spoke in high pitched tone that shocked me to death before she really went for good.

“That scares me.” I murmured lowly, taking a deep breathing to calm my frantic heartbeats. I grabbed my phone on the table before lounging on the comfy leather chair, checking for any new notifications that I missed and after I did that, my thought went to somewhere that made me curious of the new added contact to my contact list.

Nothing extraordinaire as he put a simple Byun Baekhyun and there’s a display of his number at the bottom. As if I would call him.

~~~

“Tell me what Jongin did to you!”

“He did nothing!”

“It wouldn’t be nothing if you’re calling me in the middle of the night while crying asking for mom!”

I smacked his head for his loud voice that kept getting louder, banging the whole apartment. Sehun came home earlier this evening- finally- and without even greeting, he jumped on the couch next to me while I was changing the channels on tv and darted me with the question.

“Now that I’m here,” he pressed his lips into a thin line. “you know I always can give you a hug if you’re hurting.” He murmured.

“I told you I’m okay.” I pushed his sturdy chest away from me, my eyes were focusing on tv. A soft thud was heard and I saw Sehun ended up lying down on couch, stretching his long limbs all over the couch as his legs found comfort on my lap. “This brat.” I hit his legs but he didn’t even budge at all to move it away. “How’s work?”

“That’s your favourite question, is it?” he yawned, joining me watching the show.

“Because I’ve lived my whole life for my one and only brother.”

“How thoughtful.” He replied. “How’s Okinawa?”

“That’s everyone’s favourite question, is it?” I repeated his words. “I’m really okay, I tell you. I even went on a date with a guy named Kim Minseok.”

“Sounds like a jerk.”

“You’re absolutely wrong.” I protested him. Ever since I broke up with Jongin, he’s saying every guy in the world seemed like a jerk except for him. Not even Kyungsoo got away from it.

“He’s a jerk.”

“Nobody has ever called Kyungsoo a jerk. Jinae is going to rip your hair out if she heard that. He is an angel to her.”

“The fact he’s an angel that’s why he’s a jerk. Look at that act.” He’s unbelievable.

Like he’s the one who had his heart broken by a man.

“He’s a really nice person and I can feel that he has a little interest in me.” I showed him the amount of interest Minseok might have by the pinch of my finger, reasoning that Minseok is nothing like what he said. Probably.

Sehun sat up, cross legged like he had first came in and glared at me. “So, you’re saying you like this Kim Minseok.”

“I didn’t mean it like that.” I denied. “That’s what makes it weird. He’s so nice and soft spoken, very gentleman and handsome too, but why don’t I feel it? Here?” I placed my hand on my heart. “I’m so sure with myself that Jongin is not affecting me anymore. Because there’s a clear line that stops me now.”

~~~

My day started with sour faced Jinae who rarely talk ever since we walked out of the office and went to our appointment at the café we had set with our client. I realized she didn’t even eat the cake that she had badly wanted for the past few days and fiddling the icin

Please log in to read the full chapter