ChanSoo: One Spring Morning

Fresh from the Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was already spring. Though this wasn't Choi Sooyoung's favorite season of the year, she always loved spring. Spring reminded her of flowers, and she really loved gardening.

On the first day of spring, Sooyoung got out of her cozy little house, and skipped away happily to her family's garden just behind their house. It wasn't big, but it was full of flowers all thanks to Sooyoung and her hobby.

She got same space left to plant for her new flower seeds. Though it was spring, she was wearing her favorite summer dress her sister bought for her. She loved it when the wind swayed her dress and her short hair.

She brought her gardening tools and happily started to dig little holes for her seeds. Sooyoung didn't care if her dress got dirty later, nor her soft hands.

"Woke up a little too early, didn't ya?" An all-too-familiar voice spoke up.

She looked up to see a tall man wearing black hoodie with matching knee-length pants, leaning against a tree not far from her. She almost mistook him as a tree itself as they—both him and the tree—were quite the same height.

"It's the first day of spring. Wouldn't want to miss it by just sleeping all day, would I?"

"Yeah, I love flowers too," he replied quite randomly. She chose to ignore his absurd claim. "Hey Chanyeol, you're just going to stand there all the time? Come help me. Let's water the flowers."

Chanyeol made his way to her house to grab her watering pot and did as Sooyoung told. In the midst of watering, he remembered something, a reason why he'd come there early.

"Sooyoung-ah."

"Hm?" She hummed without looking up as she was quite busy doing her job, planting her new little flowers. Hands already dirty with dirt and soil.

"Chanyeol-ah, come here and water these cute new little flowers and the seeds over there."

He snickered at her command. He couldn't protest when he said it himself that he loved flowers too, could he? So Chanyeol lazily walked to her.

"I'm going to Seoul tomorrow morning," he spoke as he watered the newly-planted flowers. She fell silent for seconds.

"Huh? You're actually debuting?" She asked, dumbfounded. Her eyes widened.

Chanyeol let out a little laugh. She really took it seriously, eh? Being the handsome tall young man, Chanyeol was always admired by villagers. Probably the most handsome among the men in their little village. He was so polite that villagers claimed that he was an ideal type of son. Heck, probably a dream-son-in-law too. Mothers would always say that they wanted Chanyeol to marry their daughters. Chanyeol would always laugh politely, or rather awkwardly at their comments. Some even said that Chanyeol should just immigrate to Seoul and become an idol there. "He has the looks," they said. Chanyeol, as always, only laughed politely

"What, you really think I'm going to be an idol?"

She frowned. "But people say that you have that big opportunity to become one."

"Hey, I can sense your sadness. You're really not happy if I leave, are you?" He flashed a wide grin. "Or am I just seeing things?"

He recieved a playful hit in his left arm as Sooyoung replied, "You're just seeing things."

"Eh? But you were frowning earlier."

Sooyoung decided to just ignore his last sentence as she couldn't deny it because she knew it was true.

"But you should be sad, though." She looked at him, eyes wondering. Though she was still a bit worried inside. "Why should I?"

"Duh, because you can't live without me?"

She hit him again in his arm, this time a little harder. She grinned when he winced in pain. "Enough. Now spill the beans."

Chanyeol grinned at her. She really wanted to tear his mouth apart for grinning to much instead of talking.

"You're actually worried I'm really leaving right?"

Sooyoung looked at him with unreadable expression though deep down she anticipated nervously that her fumbling steps went unnoticed.

"Don't worry, I'm not leaving. We're just going to accompany Yura-noona to Seoul. She got a scholarship to continue her study to receive her master degree."

Sooyoung let out a relieved sigh as she just realized she was holding her breath all along. She looked at him and his face was so bright like a sun, a smile never leaving his face. He must be so happy for his older sister. She couldn't help but smile too.

"Congrats! I'm so happy for your sister. She's so cool! I wish I can be like her someday, get a scholarship to continue my study and get my master degree in Seoul!" She exclaimed a little too excitedly.

"I bet you were worried as hell. Heheh."

She snickered. "Yeah, I really thought you were gonna leave your bestfriend to become an idol," she finally admitted dejectedly, earning an ear-to-ear grin from Chanyeol.

She rolled her eyes, soon turned into a slight frown. "Now that I think of it. Since I'm your bestfriend and they can't just ignore my presence. Why can't they say that to me too? Am I that ugly to become a celebrity?"

"What? Ugly? You must be kidding. You're beautiful, Sooyoung. Would you look at the mirror?" He spoke in a scolding tone.

She fell silent for seconds, eyes wide open staring at Chanyeol in disbelief. She blinked. "Did you just call me beautiful? You think i'm beautiful? That's new," she flashed a wide grin, "you never said that."

Sooyoung looked at him and she didn't know that this Park Chanyeol could be embarassed too as she noticed his ears went quite red.

"R-really? I-i think I’ve said it before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter