Halted

Resurrecting Elysian

Noticing that Nichkhun and the girls plans to flee, Jia impatiently sends her long range fireballs forward but it disappeared in a blink before it could even reach halfway, all thanks to Taecyeon.

 

"Let's just keep this between the two of us should we?" Taecyeon smug.

 

The smug brings out her deepest annoyance when she seethes "You don't wanna mess with me Ok Taecyeon,"

 

"No, you don't wanna mess with me Meng Jia," Taecyeon reply, tone as threatening as Jia is.

 

Gritting her teeth, Jia embraces her pouring rage. The battle invitation is more than tempting but she realizes she has another goal to pursue. Watching her original target is getting farther away, she knows she have to be fast, and analyzing from the situation she know just right what she needs to do.

 

A sly smile creep onto Jia lips before she provokes Taecyeon "Really? Let's see," and in the speed of light she propels forward towards the guy before changing her course to the vast forest below their feet.

 

"," realizing Jia plans Taecyeon curse under his breath before he steers his griffin following the girl.

 

Noticing Taecyeon is barely inches behind her, Jia lips blooms into a satisfied smile 'Falling right into huh Ok Taecyeon'. Confirming that the air bender will have no chance to dodge, Jia stops mid air and propel right back up before she shoots immense amount of fire streams right at the griffin left wings leaving the creature wailing in pain before it fell sharply into the forest below.

 

"Leo!!" Taecyeon screams out loud for his griffin while he manage to float himself just in time whereas Jia already back on her way pursuing Nichkhun and the girls chuckling by herself "You'll never win when you keep your nobility,"

 

 

Hearing the distant wail, Nichkhun stops on track. "Taec," he whispers, worries printed all over his face.

 

"We should go back," Seohyun suggest. After being silent for a considerable amount of time, the youngest finally speaks.

 

"No," Nichkhun reply sounds stern although his tone doesn't decipher such.

 

"But you're worried too right?" Yoona try to persuade. Honestly, she feels somewhat guilty leaving the guy called Taecyeon just now handling their pursuer all by himself. That crazy girl is after them, not him.

 

"We gotta believe him.." Nichkhun take a deep breath, seemingly trying to convince himself more than the girls "…I gotta believe him. He's strong enough. Taecyeon is strong enough, and he'll come back to find us,"

 

"It doesn't hurt to go and confirm," Yuri speaks this time.

 

"No," Nichkhun answer is short and final when Yuri mock quietly "Guy and their ego,"

 

Having heard the spurious claim Nichkhun glare at the girl.

 

Noticing the slowly building tension, Taeyeon steps in like she always do "Yul,"

 

"No unnie. Yul unnie is right, he shouldn't act like this. He's his friend doesn’t he?" Seohyun reasoned. She detest it the most when one take the word friendship ever so lightly.

 

"Because he's my friend I need to trust him doesn’t I? And although he may not make it I still need to complete this mission, to keep all of you safe," Nichkhun doesn’t budge.

 

"So your mission is more important than your friend? Alright, you stay, I'll go," Seohyun spun her pegasus around leaving the group as Yoona quickly follow suit "Juhyun!"

 

"GOD! You guys are too hard to handle," Nichkhun scoff, feeling rather annoyed by the girls antics.

 

"Hey! We didn't ask for you to come, you're the one who willingly appeared!" Yuri patience is deteriorating fast.

 

Nichkhun was about to rebuff when a clear screams echoes "Juhyun-ah!!!" and all eight of them rush towards the voice as fast as they could.

 

 

As they arrived, they can see Seohyun's pegasus is falling down hopelessly to the forest below with its right wings severely burned, along with Seohyun whereas a distinct grin lay across Jia lips.

 

Watching the situation, Nichkhun fly forward fast before he grabs the girl's hand and throw her on the back of his griffin "I got you,"

 

"," out of nowhere, an erupting seethe resounded, slow but deadly.

 

On the same time, the surrounding turns windy all of a sudden. The night breeze suddenly accumulated and blow violently forcing everybody to cover their eyes from the sudden change of weather.

 

"What happen?" Sunny asks when Taeyeon notices "Yoona,"

 

"You could mess with me, you could mess with anything. Anything but our Juhyun," Yoona looks terrifyingly furious, and as her anger steams the wind slowly forming a hollow circle, a tornado while an air sphere unconsciously encircled her like a barrier.

 

As the wind blow wilder, Jia starts to lose her stability, the wind is extinguishing her fire.

 

******************

 

Below, still monitoring the unending battle Min finally beg Fei "Fei unnie, please we need to help Jia unnie. She'll die!"

 

Fei looks at Min, that eyes are pleading, and she sets off to the sky.

 

******************

 

Arrived at the battle scene, Taecyeon gape in amazement and disbelief. Even if he learned for a lifetime, he'll never be able to create such a massive tornado just by standing still. Good Lord, these girls are terrifying.

 

"Taec!!" noticing Taecyeon, Nichkhun calls out in relief.

 

"Leo's hurt! She burned his wings!" flying to Nichkhun, Taecyeon informs with much difficulty. The tornado is starting to get out of control.

 

"We gotta stop her!" Nichkhun almost shout "She's gonna destroy the entire forest!"

 

"I can’t even get near!" Taecyeon proves that he tries when he sees one of the girls flying towards the air sphere. "Hey!! Stop!!"

 

Taeyeon fly closer, even closer, and finally she reaches Yoona. They are just separated by the thin air sphere. She doesn’t know how she know but she just know. Closing her eyes, she can read the way of the wind hovering over Yoona. Slowly, and confidently she puts her hand on the surface of the air sphere. Feeling the rage and softly penetrating through it. Successfully penetrating in, she touches Yoona shoulder "Yoona-ah,"

 

Like being awaken from a déjà vu, Yoona turn to her right "Taeyeon unnie,"

 

"It's alright. Seohyun is alright. Our Juhyun is okay," Taeyeon smile, warmly, comfortingly.

 

"Seohyun," Yoona mumbles before her eyes caught Seohyun on the back of Nichkhun griffin, safe and sound. Like manipulated, the tornado slowly dissipates, and the night turn calm again.

 

"How…?" Taecyeon left stupefied. "How did she do that?"'

 

"How did they do that?" Nichkhun corrected his friends. Dear Lord, these girls, they must be The Guardian, just witnessing their powers sends you shiver down your spine, and as everyone notices, Jia already disappear from the sight, leaving no trace to discover.

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry, again, for the super late update. I know a lot of you are waiting but I'm really busy, and to squeeze for an idea is really a hard work. I'm sorry to keep all of you waiting for so long. Anyway, the update is here and I hope all of you enjoy^^ Do toss your opinion about this particular chapter, is it okay, or just so-so, or it is dissapointing? I'm sorry if it doesn't really meet your expectation.

 

And of course, for all the supportive and sweet comments you left me, I'm extremely thankful. Thank you, thank you, and thank you^^ Thanks lots and lots for always cheering me on, you all are the best!