Révélation [revelation]

Misheard Reality

tumblr_o5bwngmaer1uesmjyo1_1280.jpg

I looked at the far away memories I've spilled out to the sea.

 

I miss you. I hate you. I can't let you go. Taehyung whispered amidst the silent night. He was out again, this time alone. A stray drop of blood on his left shoe glistened against the moonlight. Crimson red and vicious. He tried to make it clean this time, but his efforts were futile.

An arm grabbed him from behind and he swiftly turned around and headlocked the intruder of his thoughts.

"Relax, it's just me." Taekhyun said as he struggled from Taehyung's grasp.

"Oh." Taehyung let him go and time went on a standstill. His other half, who was infront of him, made him realize how weak he was. 

"At it again?" Taekhyun asked, trying to cover the pain he felt for his brother. Taehyung just smiled and avoided the question.

"Can't you stop it?" 

"I'd rather take all the suffering than let you taste hell." Taehyung put on his hood and started moving.

"If you're talking about hell, then isn't that what I see and feel right now?" Taehyung paused.

"Trust me, hell is something of a greater abyss than what you can imagine." With that, Taehyung disappeared leaving Taekhyun under the deepset moonlight.

Taekhyun's POV

with your definition of hell. I'm tired of staying in the shadows. This time, it's my turn. I'm heading over, wait for me you psychotic scientist.

end of POV

Jimin stared off at the distance, he was cold and unsure.

"Kill him when he starts acting up."

"How am I supposed to do that when he's my bestfriend?" He said as he closed his eyes, listening to the sound of the waves.

 

 


Hani opened the message that she received from an unknown stranger and she felt her gut turning. She saw an image of a mutilated body, she couldn't even make out the face but she noticed the bracelet on its wrist. It belonged to the girl who warned her about Bangtan. She scrolled down and the words "Your peaceful days are over, you entered their world and there's no escape." were encoded. She muffled a cry and with shaking hands turned off her phone. Just who are you, Bangtan? 

She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"Hani, come play with us!" A young boy seems to be calling out to me.

"Yeah, you're the it this time" Another boy, who seems to be a little older than the other one said

"Okay!" A younger me stated. I must be in dreamland, but who are these kids? I don't remember any of them.

"Hurry! You're wasting time!" I ran as fast as I could to catch up to them. They were so fast that the young me couldn't reach them on time as the train rushed forward, separating me from the seven kids. Tha'ts when I realized that we were already on a railway but this was nowhere.

Snowflakes are falling
Getting farther away

A familiar melody played.

I miss you (I miss you)
I miss you (I miss you)

The boy from the other side sang. I could strangely hear him through the sound of the train, so vividly and clearly.

Past the end of this cold winter
Until the spring comes again
Until the flowers bloom again
Stay there a little longer
Stay there. 

What do you mean? Why do I have to stay away from all of you when we're friends? I don't wanna walk alone. In that instant, the little me disappeared and I was there alone, looking at them. They smiled at me as tears start to flow from my eyes. I don't want to be alone. It's too lonely and scary.

"Hani-yah!" I awoke from the alarmed voice of my father.

"Dad?" He looked like he was in panic, pacing back and forth and then slightly opening the blinds of my window.

". They're coming." He said and hurriedly picked things up from my closet. Clothes, toiletries, and other necessities.

"Who's here? What's happening?!"

"Hajin, hurry!" 

"Jaeyeon, get the keys!" Dad said, not looking at her.

"What the hell is happening?!" I demanded for an answer.

"I'll explain later. Just hurry, wear your shoes, get your backpack and wallet. We don't have time."

"Seeing how panicked they two are, I silently complied through my confusion." Just what is happening and who are coming? I heard the sound of a helicopter nearby getting closer and closer.

"Let's go!" My dad grabbed me by the wrist and led me to the car, he immediately started the engine and we bolted away from the house.

I heard the helicopter following us but we later lost it as we entered a forest path with trees covering the road from above. Minutes later, we stopped at a cave and dad left the car in there. We continued walking by foot for another 20 minutes and eventually stopped in front of a gigantic tree, it looks like it's a hundred years old. My dad clicked something hidden on a rock and the tree opened up. What the hell? My forehead creased as my stepmom urged me to go ahead. Confused, I walked in and the whole thing was like an elevator going down and to my surprise, there was like a whole new underground office right ahead. There was a door, leading to who knows where and I just couldn't believe what's going on.

 

I sat down instinctively as my feet were sore. "Now can you please tell me what's going on?"

"Okay. Remember Moon Jitae? My rival in the entertainment world?" Dad asked as he interlocked his fingers together and placed them near his mouth.

"Yeah, what does he have to do with all this?"

"So basically, he's gone crazy. He wants power and is conducting experiments on people. You were one of his victims."

I shut my mouth as I couldn't say anything, still trying to digest what my dad was saying.

"He destroyed mine and your mom's relatioship. I was too blind to see it. Years later, I found out what was happening but it was too late, I couldn't save your mom."

The tears formed again in my eyes, it's like all I ever do was cry. I saw my stepmom lower her head.

"Hani, I want you to know that I never stopped loving your mom. My marriage with Jaeyeon is all an act."

"What?!"

"It's to keep you safe, trust me honey."

"This is just too much to take."

"I know but bear with your old man, you need to hear the whole story."

"When you were little, you used to play with those new friends of yours. Along with Jitae."

"Why can't I remember them then and so do they to me?"

"The eight of you have undergone extreme brainwashing, your memories were altered and some erased. I know it's a lot to take in but you were the only one that we got to rescue. They had too much of a tight grasp with the other seven. That's why, I warned you to stay away from them. Right now, they're too deeply associated with Jitae and his nonsense hunger."

"Why did you stop trying to save them, dad? I saw the pain in their eyes, they were suffering."

"I didn't, believe me. Until now, we're trying to figure out a way to save them from this catastrophe. I'm in alliance with some of their parents."

"Please save them, dad." I begged as the images of their pained expressions ran through my head. It's unfair how I'm the only one who lived a normal life from them. I feel like I've betrayed them. I can't remember our memories but my feelings of attachment are there and it's strong.

"I will. For now, rest up. Jaeyeon will lead you to your room." I nodded vaguely as I felt too deflated to even think rationally for now. 

I haven't entered their world, I was long part of it. I just forgot and erased this hell of a reality.