Aimer Bien [like]

Misheard Reality

 

hqdefault.jpg

Things were starting to crumble between them, the pain and exhaustion, guilt and hatred all come up.

 

Monday morning, no class but full of unwelcome dread. Who would've thought they'd be back and in such a great timing.

Like she said, she didn't want to be too happy because the next thing would be great misfortune.


He walked down the sidewalk, thinking deeply to himself, has he ever done something human? He asked himself, hating his own facade inside a glass painting. It was there without any sign of emotion, life vaguely existent, almost like an empty vessel. More like a machine.

5d0ce9e3d3a48aad792be2e0ac07f634aec996e8_hq.gif

He tried to put up a smile but he felt nauseous, heartless monsters don't deserve to smile, it's a sin to be happy for a monster, he didn't deserve it.

Who was he fooling? He may look human but deep inside he knew, he wasn't.

It's horrid. Ugly. Devious. More and no less. Everyday was a new color of red in his barely recognizable hands. Everyone looked worried but didn't dare speak. It was meaningless, he wouldn't listen anyway.

They felt sympathetic, they didn't want to show him because they're afraid, he'd crumble even more.

It will always be like that, there's no help in abyss, no sunshine just everlasting darkness.

You'll run and run, escape, and try to get out but once you ever do get out, think twice. You're personal demons never leave you, you just learn to accept them and deal with it. In the end, it'll come down to how you've become.


*Song Residence

"Who told you that you could just get out of this house without permission?" Hani's father questioned, keeping in the anger.

"Since when did you start acting like a father?"

"Is this what your friends teach you?!"

"Yeobo [honey], calm down."

Hani felt disgusted seeing her stepmother trying to calm her father. Hani knew that her father was hiding something, she knew that he wanted her to stay away from her clique, because he'd never act this way otherwise but the question is, why? Suddenly feeling more exhaustion, she starts heading upstairs to her room.

"I'm not done talking to you! Come back here, young lady!" She heard her father yell from below. She ignored him and locked herself in her room. She wondered why was her dad blowing up a fuse, he was never like this. He actually never cared of what she does so why this all of a sudden?

*Eomma calling..

"Eomma?"

"How are you, Hani ah?" Hani's mom's voice on the other line sounded hoarse and really tired but she didn't give much thought to it.

"Mm. I'm doing well.." She replied though it sounded more like an excuse than a fact.

"You know, Eomma knows when you're lying right?. What's wrong?"

"It's just.. dad and I had an argument."

"Listen Hani ah. Your dad loves you very much and so do I so be a good girl and listen to your dad, okay?" With her mom's words sounding rather insensitive to Hani, she suddenly felt aggravated.

"Then why did you leave me here, Eomma?! Why did you leave dad?! If you loved me... you wouldn't let things fall apart.. like this." Hani didn't mean to say those words but she was too frustrated and angry with what's happening in her life right now. She missed the old times and distant laughters.

"I'm sorry. Jeongmal mianhada [I'm really sorry]... Eomma tried.." She heard her mother's silent cries on the other line but that still didn't make her anger go away, her emotions blew up after being bottled for so long.

"You should've tried harder." With that she hung up and went to sleep. She knew the next day, she was going to regret saying all of those to her mom.


Hani decided to visit her mom bringing some of her favorite pastries to make up for last night. She felt really bad and wanted to apologize as soon as possible. Stepping on the front door, she took a deep breath and knocked.

Hani's POV

"Mom?"

"..." No one replied. Mom rarely leaves her house and doesn't stay out too long. I could see the lights on, she must be inside sleeping. I knocked again but still, no one answered. She must be really upset about last night.

"Mom? I know you're in there.. I'm sorry about last night... I was being stupid and immature. I brought you're favorite pastries, let's have and drink it with some tea hm?"

No one still answered. Mom never stays this mad at me, I guess, I really made her feel bad. Aigoo, I'm so stupid sheesh.

"I understand if you don't want to see me. I'll go back tomorrow. Saranghe, Eomma [I love you, mom]."

I placed the pastries on the coffee table near the door. I hope she sees and eat them. I feel really bad :(

She's going through a lot on her own as well, I shouldn't act like I'm the only one suffering. I hope she forgives me soon..

I went to the park to clear my mind. Lately, I've been easily irritated and it's not healthy. I shouldn't be stressing out on small things like this.

I sat on a bench where a stranger seems to be sleeping with his face covered by a hat. I kept silent so I wouldn't disturbed him. I gazed at the blue sky.

tumblr-blue-sky-aesthetic-Favim.com-4169566.jpeg

"I wonder how vast the sky is?" I said to myself unknowingly, voicing it out.

"Who knows? Even birds can't tell." The stranger spoke up.

"Did I wake you?"

"Not really, I was half asleep."

"Oh okay." I couldn't see his face clearly. He was wearing a mask but strangely, I knew who he was after hearing his voice.

"I missed you."

"You recognize me?"

"Of course, Kookie."

He fell silent and lowered his head.

"I'm sorry."

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry for last time, I didn't know what I was doing."

"..."

"I was being stupid but I want you to know that my feelings aren't lies. I was jealous of Suga hyung after he kissed you so I kind of ended up doing it myself too. I like you."

"Wait. Suga kissed me?!"

"Yeah. Last time I saw both of you. He leaned forward and then you stayed like that for a while and then--"

"Yah! We didn't kiss. He was just messing with me that time." I cut him off before he goes into every detail of what he witnessed.

"Eh?"

"You point of view must've looked like we kissed."

Kookie looked surprised and bafflled.

 

"Way to go misunderstanding everything Jungkook, you're a genius!" He said to himself, embarrassed.

"Pfffft"

"Yah! Don't laugh!"

"I can't help it hahahahahaha"

"Really?"

He leaned forward looking all serious which made me move back a bit. He was so close. I stared into his eyes and my heart started racing out of nowhere.

"Do I like you?"