Rêver [dream]

Misheard Reality

The calm before the storm will always be the scariest moment.

 

Hani's POV

" Once upon a time, there were two colored hearts. The pink heart and the blue heart. They both started off as strangers, but as their circle of friends grew, they found themselves getting pulled to one another. Other shapes kept pushing them together until one day, they both realized that they've grown feelings for each other. So everyday, the pink heart kept asking the other shapes what it meant for it to grow a centimeter and beat a loud thump each day. Meanwhile, the blue heart bottled up what it actually felt."  Nana read aloud as I looked at her quietly. She turned to me just as she finished reading the first page of the story she written specially for me.

 

"Gracious, why are you crying dear?" She stood from her chair and bent down to match my teary-eyes full of concern.

 

"Because," I sniffed, pouting, " It seems that the blue heart would break the pink heart's heart."

 

She smiles at me, stands up and closes the book and puts it away somewhere and carries my crying self to the kitchen where she baked me the cookies that always brings out a smile on my face. 

 


Hand by Kurottoki

I wake up with my left hand outstretched to the air as if I was grasping for something I fear would be gone if I didn't reach for it. It's already been a month since Nana passed away but I still recall distant memories we've shared together.

 

"Rest in peace Nana, I love you." I whisper as I put down the picture of the two of us when I was nothing but an innocent toddler. I walked to the bathroom and did my usual routine. I headed down and as usual, and was welcomed by emptiness. No one to greet me a warm good morning except the maids who do it because it's part of their job.

 

"Miss Hani, your mom left a message." The head maid said as the other maids served my breakfast.

 

"Speak up." I said, without giving her a glance nor showing any interest.

 

"She reminded you to pick up your dress for tonight's party at the Frais de Bois Boutique at two o'clock sharp, and you know the rest that you need to do." She stated as I gave her a simple nod. With her duty done, she bows as a response and then leaves without another word.

 

I gulped down the glass of water served to me as I finished my breakfast and left the maids to clean up. I checked the time and it was ten o'clock - which means I still have three hours to laze around and an hour to prepare.


 

I woke up from the banging on my door. Guess someone's up early today. I reached for my phone and checked the time, it was eight o'clock. I stood up and stretched a little and then opened the door, only to be welcomed by my little sister's bear hug.

 

"Hey princess, why are you up so early today?"

 

"Mom promised to take me shopping today!" She squealed as I bent a bit to pat her head.

 

"Well then, good for you. Is breakfast ready?"

 

"Hot and ready to be digested!" She chuckled.

 

"Nice." I answered and went straight down to eat as she went back to her room to change.

 

As usual, I ignored the maids ogling at me and sat down on the table to fill my stomach. After eating, I went straight to my room to bathe and got ready to pick up my suit for tonight's so called party, which actually is just a tactic to gather more investors. 

 

After picking up the box where my suit was, I headed to my cousin's house just to see if he actually has plans to attend the party. I rang the doorbell and was greeted by my cousin's personal maid. I nodded and went straight to his room where for sure, he was sleeping.

 

"Hey Suga, wake up airhead." I said as I threw him a piece of crumpled paper I saw on his desk. It looked like a music sheet. He must've stayed all night making songs again.

 

"If I was an airhead, I wouldn't be able to compose great music wanted by music companies." He mumbled with closed eyes.

 

"I never knew it was so airy here, Min Yoongi." 

 

"Maybe because you were too blind to see that the fan is functioning." He replied. His eyes were still closed.

 

"What kind of person would turn on a fan when the AC was actually on? Oh yeah, an airhead." I snorted.

 

"Just because I felt hot doesn't mean I'm an airhead."

 

"Yeah right. Wake up now, stupid, and start getting ready for the party."

 

"Naawh. It's still one o'clock and I really don't wanna go."

 

"You do know you've got no choice."

 

"Zzzz."

 

"I'm throwing away your girlfriend if you don't get up." I taunted.

 

"Tsk. You really know how to get me off my bed. Now, give me my neck pillow." 

 

"Haha, victory!" I laughed as I handed him his so called girlfriend. 

 

Now, to text Jungkook while waiting for Suga. Maybe, we should head out to the mall for a bit. Today is gonna be a long day and thinking about it makes me just want to crawl back to my bed. 

 

Yo Kookie! Wanna to go to the mall?

 

Sounds great, I was getting bored myself. You picked up your suit yet, hyung?

 

Yeah, already did. You?

 

Got it yesterday. Is Suga hyung coming?

 

To the mall or to the party? 

 

Either haha.

 

Yep.

 

Should I tell the rest?

 

Naah. Namjoon might break everything in the mall.

 

Haha oh man holy !