Setback in Offset

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

The apartment’s complex had normally occupied with not too many vehicles, yet it was quite strange for Taehyung as he perceived there were two police cars have parked in by that time. Going out from the black Range with abrupt guesses, he witnessed a fifty-something-man has being hauled to enter one of the car— by two officers arresting the seemed hammered person— as one other younger, fine-looking male had been conversing to some degree with another policeman on his way back to the building, subsequent of sending the vehicle speeding away. He thought of seeing those two men— somehow— in someplace he didn’t recall.

“Jungkook,”

Taehyung grabbed the uniform blazer he intended to hand back to his best friend, having his own brown orbs scanned the surroundings as staring to the second floor.

The younger brother held his arm once he was about to exiting, “Hyung, what is going on in here?”

Jungkook’s round eyes were likewise spotted the commotion occurred by the seen level, there were people bounded in some spot they couldn’t see clearly from the ground.

“I don’t know,”

The brother could notice directly that the older has getting himself worried.

“I hope it’s not like what I’m assuming in my head…”

Jungkook trailed Taehyung without asking any question as they both were marching to Taeyong’s unit on the second floor then, informing Mr. Oh to wait for them at the lot.

 

All the bad idea inside Taehyung’s mind seemed was a blur until he discerned the bunch of people was really neighboring the same room that kept drifting inside his notion. It was Taeyong’s and as soon as he had it confirmed, he wasted no time to dash over the place. Not even Jungkook’s yell to wait for him, or the recognizable young man on the doorstep had made him halt to come in.

Suzy was there leaning near the kitchen counter, he detected. However, Taehyung didn’t have the time to ask her since Taeyong had been sitting on the corner, by the flooring— appearing fragile with several cuts and bruises on his cheeks— with an officer questioning and paramedics were treating him.

“But, that’s my father— y-you can’t arrest him… Please, don’t…“

Taeyong’s voice had become weak and somehow shaky, Taehyung noted. He moved carefully to listen for the discussion.

“I’m sorry, young man…” The officer spoke. “He has been abusing you for so many times.“

“You can’t listen to what only stated by my brother… They didn’t communicate very well for these past years… No, they’re not even talking to each other anymore—”

“I’m sorry, again… But, what he did to you when we came earlier have proven the opposite.”

The policeman got up, excused himself and that was when Taeyong realized, Taehyung had showing up in his disordered living space.

“Tae,” he looked up, attempting to get on the feet yet he couldn’t due to the fraility.

Taehyung dropped his knees in front of him, and soon, Taeyong was releasing his figure to be wrapped on the best friend. He cracked inside Taehyung’s clasp at that point. As the fellow could perceive that even his shirt had been torn in places as result of the maltreating, then he told the nurses that he would be taking care of his pal’s medication later.

“They captured my dad, Tae…”

Taehyung didn’t care that the right side of his shirt had soaked by Taeyong’s tears, he let him continued the sobs instead. Whereas looking to Suzy who was simply staring at them without a word. Afore he saw that Jungkook has arrived and stayed in his own silence, beholding the scene, next to the only girl in the room.

“What will dad…do alone in prison?”

“Oh, Tae…” Taehyung has tightened the hug to comfort Taeyong. He had gently brushed his pate as he could not stop thinking that the best friend was worrying about the man who have made his life miserable.

He remembered even when the paler did bring up the topic as they were alone, he would say at the end, that the old man was still his father no matter what happened.

 

After a while, Taeyong was able to express as normal and Taehyung had finally letting go his grip. Glancing over the two other persons by the side, he got up and approached Suzy at the moment.

He gripped her shoulder, “Were you here while he was beaten?”

Suzy glimpsed to Taeyong for a second and Taehyung did the same, in advance of she did the nod.

“Why were you here?”

Taehyung cupped the chin as he was scanning every inch of her features.

He continued, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” she nodded once more. “He… He was shielding me while the man was beating him—“

“She was returning some of the notes that she lent for her college applications… She just came in bad timing,”

Taeyong responded, still being straight-faced and they were all grasped it. Even though, Taehyung held some doubts for the answer, he shook his head slightly as realizing his best friend merely needed the courtesy. Henceforth he told Suzy and Jungkook to keep an eye to Taeyong as he was heading outside, searching for someone he needed to talk with.

The youngest in the room then followed the request as he was settling beside Suzy, encircled the silent Taeyong. Rummaging the bag he carried then he did, prior he offered,

“Hyung… Tissue?”

Taeyong took it, still without words spoken, yet the minor curve formed on the edge of his lips had causing Taehyung beamed afore he was walking out.

 

The thought man Taehyung had in mind was just sending off the police officers as he was turning around, finding the younger to anticipate an exchange between them.

“Jaejoong hyung, aren’t you?”

Taehyung asked as he found the taller was definitely so fine-looking and no wonder why Taeyong got it ran through the clan. He gradually recollected where he had seen this particular person, once Taeyong had showed him the family portrait remained in the dwell. Taehyung offered a handshake as the other received it genuinely, properly introduce themselves at one another.

“So, my brother did mention me to his friends?”

He smirked and Taehyung replied with a smile. Musing of where the best friend had also gotten the vibe when doing the same thing as the older brother.

“Nope… Only to me,”

Jaejoong simply nodded, keeping the quick trust Taehyung had acquired from himself. Since he knew for sure, in which Taeyong never spilt that many things unless he had believed in someone so sincerely. In advance of he headed back to the place he used to call home as Taehyung has inaudibly followed him.

 

Both Taehyung and Jaejoong then supported Taeyong to the bedroom and laid him as they were all hand-in-hand took care for his injuries. Even Jungkook had voluntarily went back and forth to change the used water to rinse the dried up blood. Taehyung then remembered again when Taeyong told him about his big brother who worked as a small screen actor without forgetting his aspiration, taking courses in medical school.

The-still-silent-Taeyong did spare few glances to the elder who was solemnly treating the wounds until lastly giving the touch of a few band-aids on his brother striking face. It was by the time when he had stood up and Taeyong did finally spill the first sentence he held for quite long.

“How come you put your own father to the jail?”

He knew that the older had planned of seizing what the old man did for a long time and that day was the stage he had to conclude the effort. Jaejoong barely was looking to the ceiling, shoving his hands to the pocket before he stared to his own brother on the single bed. Taehyung, Suzy and Jungkook looked at each other as they were cautiously moved to be nearer to the door verge, leaving the brothers on their own.

“Taeyong-ah, just a simple ‘thank you for saving my life’ would complete your hyung day, don’t you know it?”

He ruffled the platinum-haired as the boy looked away.

“I like your hair… The almost white color suits you—”

Taeyong scoffed receiving the compliment then he gazed again to the older.

“How’s mom doing?”

“She’s been doing great… And she misses you… You should visit us for sometimes,”

“Tell her that I miss her, too.”

Taeyong’s typical cold yet honest answer, had at least making Jaejoong contented enough and he promised to pass it to their mother. He never was intended to enforce Taeyong to move in with him and her, as he was also never required the mother to re-visit the place that left all of them the feeling of being tortured by the head of their family.

As Jaejoong had left the place at last, Taehyung then guaranteed his best friend that he would visit him on daily basis as he would be on call if he needed anything.

 


 

Taeyong had come to school on the next Monday, but alas, it was Taehyung’s turn of not attending. The ex-class president made the call to a person, whom he had met for every day beforehand— with an addition of Suzy had come with giveaway meal— and then he got Taehyung’s message that he would be at school by the lunchtime. Said that there was a check-up he should do at the general hospital. Taeyong probably knew the best that Taehyung was not that very blessed when it comes to his own health. Just look at his skinny figure then.

 

The upmost boxy smile of his welcomed the paler friend when he has already occupied a table for having their lunch. Taeyong, at that point, pondered over Taehyung’s clothing as he added a gray cardigan over their usual school white shirt. He put a palm to the light-brown-headed friend as soon as he was approaching.

“God, Tae… You’re hot,”

“Thanks!”

Taehyung responded as flashing the smile once more, whereas Taeyong settled a spot across him retorting.

“Not that, I mean… Your body temperature… Why don’t you just rest at home?”

“Because, um—“ Taehyung hummed afore he singsonged, “I wanna see my best friend… But, I’m okay!”

Taehyung and Taeyong have merely were in their own world, except there was this one soul that turned out at the time stayed near their table.

“Gross,”

Jungkook cussed under his breath, almost inaudible, and thankfully none of the older heard the word as he dragged a chair next to his brother. Taeyong’s sharp eyes then caught two other figures who seemed doubtful to do the same as the younger.

“Go on, have a seat…”

He motioned to the taller youngers— even by seated he could tell— the one with brunette and raven-haired that seemed forgotten by their friend, who was busy with the brother.

“Taetae hyung, how was it going on at the hospital?”

“It was okay… Just another flu,”

Taehyung answered as he shifted glance to the newest additions in the place.

“Hey, are you guys Kookie’s friends?”

“It’s Jungkook,”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow to what the brother has muttered it to him, detaining his own grin to burst. At the moment, Jungkook introduced the two of them, named Yugyeom— the brunette, who was the tallest on the table— and Jaehyun— the younger’s class president— who were both seemed intimidated due to Taeyong’s icy scrutiny. And it had not keep them away of speculating why he got so much cuts on his handsome face.

“I fought a lot—“

Before Taehyung smacked his platinum crown and he had almost cursed out loud, provoked all the attention from the entire school’s restaurant.

Ow! What was that for, Tae??” nagged Taeyong.

Taehyung spared his glance to the confused Yugyeom and Jaehyun in its place, following a distinctive question.

“Anyway, how’s our first year’s little ones are doing right now?”

He smiled and it had eased every single perspective that perceived it into their heart.

 


 

A/N: Say hello to Taeyong's older brother,

   

 

 

 

 

 

I don't know why but they're seriously look alike xD