A Thinker and A Keeper

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

The first thing Taehyung did was setting his eyes to his best friend. Pouting his mouth then he did when glancing at Suzy, and then Seokjin, at last going back to Jungkook by his side. Maybe it was a bad idea. But then again, no. He thought it’ll be good to start doing the check lists of whatever he wanted to do before his time will be up. Seeing cherry blossoms, although it wasn’t his first, would be special with his beloved ones.

Suzy came closer to her boyfriend, his hair lovingly as Jungkook was eyeing her. “You sure have a very weird partner,” indicated the younger and she giggled.

“He’s a bit pushy, too…” Added Seokjin, leaning to the nearest wall. “You know, we can’t do anything to stop his planning.”

Indeed, Taehyung fancied doing all the planning, especially when the entire to-dos about his unsteady state began.

“That’s a reason why I fell for him, though.”

“His weirdness or the ability to plan everything almost perfectly?”

“Maybe both.” She smiled. “And Jungkook, reflect it to yourself… You’re not the sanest one in this bunch. For me, you’re almost as weird as your hyung.” Replied the only girl in the room, subsequent of a tight hug to her core from the said boy. Suzy loved it the most when Taehyung flashed her the signature boxy grin.

It had automatically pushed away Jungkook from the lovey dovey couple as what Suzy stated had given himself a mental slap and he couldn’t conceal it completely.

Above all, from the quick-witted Taeyong’s perspective on the corner. Jungkook wasn’t the type to hush and keeping an argument by his own. He realized the younger was behaving like he did not used to, to the person who was— sort of— out of favor by him. Even him as the ignorant soul could perceive it. It’d take some other time for the others to as well grasping it. The high schooler must have been careful about to act toward whatever he attempted to cover from the group, since no one could avoid the sharp instinct of his brother’s best friend.

Watch out you little , I know you’re hiding something.

If only Jungkook could hear what Taeyong spoke within his mind.

 

“So, you agreed to go on this vacation with me?”

Taehyung shot his head up to see Suzy, who was linking an arm wrapping his shoulder as the other was scrolling over her phone screen.

She hummed, “Well, I need to ask at least one girl to go with me… I’m still living under my parents’ supervision until I get married, so I can’t go abroad with just, boys.” Her eyes still concentrating to whom she should invited to go with.

“Perhaps Jinri could join—“

“Yeah, like Jinyoung would let her go to Japan with you.” Suzy snorted toward Seokjin’s suggestion. Then, she started wriggling her eyebrows, to Seokjin who began to recognize her being suspicious.

“What?” He questioned while frowning.

“Jisoo would be a good option and I think we need some time to get closer.”

Another male voice came upon responding that idea. “Oh, no… Not her.” Taeyong’s protest surely has shifted everyone’s focus.

“Why? I thought you also like her.”

Also?” Seokjin’s tone got higher for retorting and gave the only girl a suppressed snicker. “Who else does like her?”

“You.”

He has invisibly zipped his own mouth, receiving an answer in unison from his brothers and Suzy. Taeyong, in contrast, still had something to argue at her.

“I don’t have as many interest as what she has for me. It’s her who has a crush for me in the first place,” The most fine-looking boy chuckled then. “But, well, who doesn’t?”

“Ew.” Suzy replied with her upmost flat tone, tried to forget what she had done with him. It was never enough for her to tell herself that there’s no way she’d fell— again— for someone like him. It was a mistake, she kept reminding herself as she maintained to show no attraction to Taeyong. Before she was continuing to chat with some of her associates.

Taehyung scanned the others, finding the rest pair of orbs mainly were refusing to respond at him. He just wanted to go with all of them and any addition for it he would not mind so much.

In not so long, Seokjin was the one who broke the silence. “Do we have another option?” He eyed the younger back. “I’m guessing you and Jungkook will have your leave for school been taken care by someone?”

He predicted some of their father’s men could also manage to do it for him. At that time, Jungkook just gave a weak nod accordingly the eldest’s words. For the last, Taeyong was not yet giving his confirmation.

“Tae, you just compel me to visit my mom’s house the soonest and perhaps, she or my hyung can take care for my school leave.” He let out a sigh, in advance of taking out his mobile out from his pocket. “Let me have my decision for next week.”

 

Taehyung has kept bearhugging Suzy up until it was time for her to depart as the night had fell deeper and deeper. The younger was being clingy ever since Suzy had come back to the ward, in about ten minutes after he regained his consciousness. That was when she had this intention once Taehyung finished the dinner provided for him by the infirmary, then it’d be the time for her to bid the goodbye as of tonight.

On the other hand, Seokjin insisted to stay over, whilst Jungkook could not cover his yawns being recurring and visible to everyone.

“I think I’m gonna take off with noona,” he said while squinting an eye right after another yawn. Comprehending that he got others’ focus by the saying, he had it fast adjusted. “No! I mean, I’ll go downstairs because Suzy noona is going there too, okay? It’s where you park your car…right? Okay, I’ll go home with Mr. Oh!”

Jungkook has stuttered only to obtain, yet again the questioning look. Especially, from the one settled on the couch, who later was standing up and exclaimed,

“I’m going to the lobby with you guys!” Taeyong has then earned an invisible dagger from the youngest.

“Alright, shall we go, now?” Suzy asked the boys, afterwards she planted a quick kiss to Taehyung’s lips. Let’s say after, the patient was receiving it very well as drawing the girl by grabbing her nape and then, it was quite a make out.

Jungkook was the fastest to give his reaction, not everyone ever expected. “Ew, gross!”

“Ah, lovebirds…”

However, what Taeyong expressed was certainly the contrary to what’s been expected, except for Seokjin.

“Blame her for starting it.”

Taehyung murmured and later had make Suzy blushed. She, then, took her purse and jacket near the nightstand and swiftly excused herself to exit the ward. Trailed behind her was the sulking Jungkook, who shielded his sulky face by pulling his navy hood up covering head. Taeyong was the last to part with his best friend and Seokjin.

Suzy didn’t get why Taehyung was still be able to give her that sensational feels, which caused the heat keeps rising on her face. It was not their first make-out time, and let’s be truthful that they’ve done more than that.

She was sporting the grey outer that was hanging on her arm, while was still walking on the hallway. Noticing that someone put the grey lid up, Suzy then perceived that certain individual was about to excel his pace.

“Stop smiling like that, you look pathetic and stupid.” Jungkook muttered as he was passing by her. He sped up to skip of waiting the elevator, using the staircases instead. Suzy was staring at him, blankly, afore Taeyong moved next to her and pressed the button.

“Guess I know where all this will be heading at.”

He smirked as she had no clue for what he talked about.

 

The eldest approached Taehyung on the bed, sitting on the edge. The younger was grinning at him before shifting view to the window faced the illuminous city lighting. There was something strange about Taehyung, he definitely sensed it tonight. It must be something behind his overjoyed and pumped attitude, which was probably normal, but seemed too forced right now.

Taehyung saw Seokjin was watching from his reflection at the window, yet he closed his eyes, waiting for the older to enunciate some sentence.

“What is it, Taehyung-ah?”

Seokjin appeared to be worried even though Taehyung threw his typical cheery expression. “It’s about lots, and lots of things, hyung.”

“Tell me, Tae…” He called out the dearly nickname of the younger, as he took off his glass and naturally massaged the bridge of his nose by wearing it back.

“I feel like it’s already near.”

“What?”

“I don’t have much time left, hyung...” Taehyung stated like it was right to finally reveal it to someone he trusted so much. He believed that Seokjin had mature enough to face the reality more than anyone else.

It was true as Seokjin himself had his own time communicating with Taehyung’s doctor. A year length that’ve been revealed, was just a daydream they would never reach. Informed that he couldn’t let his brother passed out too often, might be in one occasion he would never be getting up again.

“So, what if you still have a little time…” The older sighed. “What do you want to do, Tae?”

Seokjin got it, in some way. It must have been a lot that Taehyung wanted to do, yet he knew he wouldn’t be able to. So, he had his quick reflex to go over the asking.

“What do you want to see it happening? Perhaps I can assist some of it to be happened…” He doubted a bit to say the next. “Um, you can also leave some messages for me to pass on? Or, I can continue what you’ve been wishing to accomplish. Anything, Taehyung-ah… Anything.”

Taehyung smiled although it didn’t reach his eyes. It wasn’t the usual boxy grin or even the ear-to-ear one. “Okay.” He cozied his position to fully faced the older brother. “First, I think I failed to make mom and dad happy, so—”

“That’s bull,” the older simpered. “You’re like the greatest gift they’ve ever received. You’re their favorite child.”

Taehyung smirked, sensing that it was declared with all his might. “Not that, I mean, hyung… I cannot fulfill whatever they wished to see me as their son, what I’m gonna achieve in the future.”

“Well, in that case, all of us have been working on our path to meet their visions.”

Indeed, Seokjin even had sacrificed his dream to be a singer for studying business and continued the enterprises.

“Also, in that case… What I wish to see from you is, it’s never too late to pursuit your own dreams, hyung. I know you’re a very skilled artist and—”

“Taehyung-ah, it’s me who chose to study business and management for the sake of dad’s.” Seokjin cut Taehyung’s line. “I made up my mind to do it without anyone, not even our father had required me to.”

Taehyung fell into his own silence as Seokjin been firm toward his decision. In a moment, the older then told the younger to proceed and he promised he would try his best to keep listening— without arguing— he hoped.

“I want to see Kookie, growing up well… Chasing his dreams, which I know he will stick to it,” Taehyung was pleased when speaking about the youngest. “I wish I could see him date someone he really likes for the first time, and I hope he could find someone he loves soon, just as myself did by his age.”

Frowns has quickly shaped onto Seokjin’s face. He mused about it a lot, considering, he never would be close to Jungkook as much as he did with Taehyung.

“Uh, we’ll see if I’d be able to do that one…”

Taehyung was amused hearing the answer. He laughed by his own for the thought of seeing their both getting along even just for a day, would be like Tom having a pact with Jerry.

“Just a second thought, that I might’ve asked Taeyong to be the hyung for him to rely on when it comes to stuff like that, but,” he chuckled. “I don’t want Kookie to treat girls as if they’re his toys, just like what Taeyong does.”

Seokjin shook his head and sniggered since Taehyung got his point on that. “Okay, let’s move on…”

“Um… Taeyong,” Taehyung rubbed his sharp chin. “I know he’ll be doing what his best at. With his music tracks and all… I never doubt it with him being so talented and gifted, it’s just,” he paused to take some contemplating. “He’ll get into serious trouble if he keeps playing with girls like that, you know?”

Seokjin nodded, made a mental note to himself as Taeyong was close for him to be considered as his brother, likewise.

“What about Suzy?”

Taehyung merely was smiling, sincerely to the last said name.

“Please make sure that after I’m gone… She never makes me the reason, that she’ll be difficult to be with someone else.” Taehyung gazed yet again to the darkness of the night sky, wondering elsewhere, beyond his ward. “I don’t want to be the reason for her to regret about me leaving her, too soon and forever.”

Seokjin looked to his own feet since the conversation had gotten solemn when it was considering the only miss. “Sometimes you need to put yourself on other’s shoes, Tae… It’ll never easy to lose someone you love. Say, your significant other, no matter how much you prepared for it.”

“I know.” Taehyung answered, trying to focus what’s on his mind. “Sometimes I think about to just end things with her. Because it might be easier if she loses me as someone she knows, rather than her boyfriend. Like, how tragic it will be… But, I can’t hyung… It’ll kill me faster if I have to hurt her and then leave that way.”

“I’ll never do that, ever… If I were you, Tae.”

The older was indeed agreed with his brother. At that point, there was a loaded silence from the last conversation. Seokjin has pondered over something as he was the first person, again, to intend breaking it.

“Tae, you’ve been talking about how much you want to do so much stuff for our happiness… I’m sorry to tell this, but in the end, we will be deciding what to do by our own.” Seokjin, by now, has beheld outside the window as well. “Why don’t you tell me what actually you want to do on behalf of yourself? It’s your life that gonna end, anyways…”

Taehyung’s eyebrows knitted on the thought of it. Because he never did thinking about the matter, for sure, he always engrossed to see his beloved ones happy.

“Well, maybe I think about it and I’ll let you know later.”

 


 

Taeyong has wandered for more than ten minutes during the lunchbreak. He spent not even the twenty before, finishing his meal alone in the cafeteria. Since having no Taehyung at school was a concrete ty thing for himself. He didn’t know how to deal with it furthermore, as he was living in a world by his own without no one he could talk to.

He had limited selections to sit with Joshua and Jeonghan, whom out of all people at school, were the few could stand conversating with him much longer compared to the rest. Speaking stuff apart from their classes, schedules or heaps of homework. As a reminder, this heartthrob was the best— all-round— student, that’s why he regularly got questions regarding tasks to solve, handed by their teachers. They were nice people, although Taehyung would still be the nicest and Taeyong would pick him out of everyone else. Or, he could be approaching Jihoon hitherto, as fellow musicians. He often met the short schoolmate when spending some secluded time at the institutional studio. The last option would be having lunch with the girls who had served him. However, Taeyong was not in the mood to have even the slightest chit-chat with any of them.

Strolling around with no purpose, Taeyong ended up being alfresco near the football field. Whereas he saw three people whom one he sure knew quite well. He considered to ask for his best friend to the person, yet he stopped himself when eavesdropped— not too intentionally— as the conversation has been intriguing.

 

Yugyeom slumped next to Jaehyun on the bleacher, as both kept watching Jungkook aimlessly scrolled his phone screen.

“Kook,“ the paler friend got his ribs nudged by the taller, since the countenance they faced was not too supportive for them trying to get friendlier. It was the sulking Jungkook if only they identified. “Um, Jungkook… Care to tell us what’s going on?”

The shortest amongst three merely eyed the one with dimples who asked, before was ogling Yugyeom next to, and then got back to his gadget again.

By then, another person took seconds to boldly recommence. “Man, you were so quiet since the first period and we concerned that you might be mute— ow, Jae!”

Yugyeom cursed the buddy for smacking the back of his head. Jungkook realized that the two have good intentions and it was him, whom opened up first at them from the day before. As anticipated, they both had this candor type to inquire.

“Well,” he slid the device to his blazer pocket. “You can’t forget what I said last night, huh?”

“Of course. By way you unexpectedly state it and the chance that it might be your very first, from what I get… And, it made me so freakin’ curious!”

Jaehyun tried to calm down Yugyeom who squirmed his torso up and down, shaking where they seated.

“Sorry for his overexcitement, but we can’t stop talking about this last night,” Jaehyun laughed and ruffled Yugyeom’s hair, eyes to fix on Jungkook’s. “I guess it’s a good thing for you, right?”

Jungkook shook his head weakly and Jaehyun muffled a no, then racked his brain for any consolation. Yugyeom appreciated not to deal with further, unless Jungkook was the one who initiated another talk in regard.

“She’d never fall for me. I can never be with her.”

The tallest but youngest disliked it when he was not given an information completely. Nonetheless, Jungkook was not an easy person to share. He exchanged glance with Jaehyun, seemingly the pal didn’t want him to query more, a little caused him to fairly ask, “Why?”

Jungkook facepalmed himself, not wanting to reveal it, but he thought only with them he could be opened this much. In jiff, his voice cracked slightly to tell, “I’m in love with my Tae hyung’s girlfriend…”

Besides Yugyeom, Jaehyun tugged his uniform and gestured something, which more likely sign to be silent for a moment. Maybe a moment of forethought, they were not really sure.

“I knew it!”

Both of them almost jumped in the seaters, finding a person put in arrears and not too far from where they settled. Jungkook could feel his chest pumped, turning around and when he got the clear view, his stomach dropped seeing Taeyong stood there. He might be one of the last persons on earth who ought to know about this matter.

 

Anger and exasperated, were the things Jungkook sensed facing Taeyong by that time. He clenched his fists as much as he could, to not landing it to the older’s face. Think about it further, his Taetae hyung would not be pleased at all to know that he was the person who made the bestfriend’s face coated by blood. Albeit, it merely was in his imagination, since Jaehyun and Yugyeom were dauntedly holding his shaky shoulders, preventing him to confront their senior.

Right, this person in front of him has not even bothered that there were others who heard his ramble. More or less, it’s how he found the curiosity for Jungkook’s strange behavior, the sequences of when he began inspecting. Not to mention also mocking him, and about how he scored Suzy— wait, Jungkook could not tolerate more to hear this one. He despised that Taeyong had— in a way— betrayed Taehyung since he had the with Suzy, even though he got it how much Taehyung loves her. Plus, how could he brag about it in front of Jungkook? Who was now he knew, also had these emotions going on for the girl. Maybe Taeyong was the type who got hyped whenever he got a new competition.

“Shut the up!”

Taeyong widened his eyes since he never expected Jungkook would scream at him that way.

The younger had this boiling rage inside, bearing in mind of how could Taehyung befriended this arse. He loathed to remind that Taehyung always boasted many great things about his dearest friend. He wished he could once see this side of him, which he never showed to people in general.

The older was about to open his mouth, but Jungkook was starting to speak and being upset.

“Don’t you ever talk low about Suzy noona, ever again! And,” he pointed at Taeyong. “Don’t you like her, too?? That’s why you can’t let go when she chose Tae hyung!”

“Well,” Taeyong sneered. “You love her! And you can never steal her from your own brother. At least, I had with her and it were always incredible.” He raised his shoulder. “She’s so good in bed. From time to time, when we’ve done it so often—“

Taeyong flinched and quick, Yugyeom snatched Jungkook to stop landing a punch to the older. Jaehyun noticed that there were some students who started their murmurs nearby, watching them and might be calling a teacher because of this quarrel.

“Jungkook, you’ll not appear good because of this.”

He uttered and the shorter agreed to it, releasing his arm from Yugyeom’s hold.

“Let go of me.” Jungkook muttered, then he looked to Taeyong once more, raising his index. “I swear to God, I will not let Suzy noona be with you, ! Not over Tae hyung’s dead body, not up until you also get over mine!”

And he left, followed by his friends. Parting Taeyong cussed under his breath, somewhat feel sorry for he should’ve been a total jerk.

 

At the national uni, Suzy sneezed a lot when spending the lunchbreak with some of her friends. Some means, Jinri whom absolutely coupled with Jinyoung. Jisoo, who kept chatting with her, as she thanked God it averted Jaebum across her to build a conversation. Even though the guy was acting not too annoying as typical him, probably since he panicked quite much when Taehyung passed out yesterday.

Taehyung was surely the only one who dominated her mind. More often than not, lately. That’s why when her iPhone vibrated— displaying Seokjin’s name on screen— she took no time to pick it up. Planning to visit the younger’s house later to see him, as she missed the boyfriend more in recent days, Suzy hoped Taehyung has been discharged from the hospital.

 


 

A/N: The vacation story will start in the next chapter, please anticipate for it :D

  

What do you think about Bae Suzy-ssi new haircut? She's always beautiful, isn't she??

 

Not forgetting to keep remind you that I love reading comments, so PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS 주세요!!!