Family and All That Matters

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

By the time weekend has come and everyone seemed was having mixture of their emotions. As the whole week had such a lot of things going on. The Kim family was then having a family lunch for they haven’t done it quite a while, at the family home.

Taehyung was staring to his delicious looking Salmon en croute, apparently was not having so much appetite, as he generally did. At his side, Jungkook was— already half finished with the complete meal— nudging his arm for the reason he should be eating what has been served on the plate. Pretty much alike what Seokjin did from across the table.

“Taehyung, you want to change what you’re having for lunch?”

The called boy shook his head slowly to the father who asked. Glancing to his mother, cross wisely, beholding him to— at least— have a bite of it.

“I’m alright, I think I’m going to cope up with this…” then he spoke, with ease.

Barely he realized, the other four pair of eyes were then watching as he started to eat bit by bit. It was not too long though, for Taehyung to finally grasping. The chocolate orbs of his were gazing back at them, one by one. Had later caused the used-to-be-cheery-boy sighed, resting his back to the chair.

“How am I going to eat properly when all of you are looking at me like that…” He put the cutleries back to the side of his plate, sipping his glass of water afore resuming. “It’s not like this is my last supper and I’ll survive even when I skip one or two,”

“Taehyung, let’s do the conversation after we’re done with our lunch.” Stated the mother, causing yet another scowl from her son.

“Then, stop staring at me.” He sighed once more. “I’m all okay, so please treat me normally like everyone else.”

“No, you’re not.”

Taehyung froze when he caught it from the person sitting next to him. With the round eyes, locking at his as anticipated, Jungkook wanted to proceed the saying, yet was held by Seokjin’s call.

“Jungkook, please don’t…”

The youngest was catching the eldest regard at him, probably recollecting when he has promised to not make a bigger deal of what has occurred in between.

He just nodded in direction of Seokjin, before was staring over again to his favorite hyung. Jungkook knew precisely that the older had this disappointed kind of look toward him by the moment.

“No, I mean…” he stuttered. “Well, even if you’re not, I just want to make sure if you didn’t intend to finish it then I will help you, Taetae hyung…”

Grateful, Taehyung did still staring as he let the younger scooped some of the baked potatoes from his plate. It definitely had Taehyung suffered so bad of alleging the extra attention he had gotten from everyone and he was regretting deep down for being such sensitive person lately.

It actually has been warned from his doctor that he might be having a lot of emotional ups and downs regarding his own choice to end the entire thing.

He began to continue concluding his meal with Jungkook’s assistance and he did not grasp a couple tears has streamed down his cheeks.

“I’m sorry…”

Taehyung lowered his head as he was attempting to conceal the distress. He felt his heart has caused some sort of discomfort, which he could not stand for.

Settled, he sensed a warm touch on his back and turned out, it was his mother who approached to his seat. The beautiful lady saw the youngest boy was already crying likewise her second born and eventually, it was the warmth from a mother that could relieve their gloom. As well as to make Taehyung release some of the sorrow inside her hold.

The mother has tried to secrete her own tears as Taehyung and Jungkook had kept weeping— which was something she hasn’t faced anymore— for more than a decade. As when they were growing up, Taehyung never did cry even for a day, as he was also the one to comfort Jungkook whenever he did. Up till then, Jungkook had always followed Taehyung every time he sensed the older’s sadness. And it used to be vice versa.

“It’s okay, dear… It’s okay sometimes to just let out the tears.” She just had to say it for many times before they stopped.

At the time, Taehyung had been obliged for such family God has given to him. Despite all the problems they had and they never were the perfect one compared to many, he couldn’t be more thankful to still be able to spend the rest of his life with them as a whole. Even though his parents were currently facing a separation, yet they promised to stay together as long as Taehyung has wished them to.

 


 

Taeyong had things going on his mind for days. It was the reality of he used to have, well— an affair if he could name it— with someone loved so much by Taehyung. The more he thought about it, the more he would blame himself of keeping it still as a secret to his own best friend. He realized, nothing will be going smoothly when he spilled the beans, but he felt like he really need to. He couldn’t live his life well, particularly when he knew he would have less and less time left with Taehyung. Even though Suzy had told him to make it undisclosed.

Nevertheless, they never had done it after she had settled with Taehyung. Thus far, Taeyong saw the future where he could not look at himself if Taehyung had to live the rest of his life covered by a lie he created. He could not pretend that everything was okay, since it was really killing him in some other way.

 

Taeyong, also pretty much contrary of almost everything compared to his best friend, Taehyung. On that fine Sunday, the pale guy had just had a quite nice lunch with his brother visiting the place. Jaejoong had called the day before, asking the younger visit his place for their mother, hence Taeyong still refused to. No one knows what the exact reason, but Taeyong seemed didn’t ready to add another pressure to meet a person who had long gone from his life. Especially when there was something more bothering as it was what he now challenged.

He didn’t know how to express so many things mulling over his head, except what he said for most of the lunchtime has triggered his older brother worried for sure.

“My best friend is dying, hyung…”

Taeyong leaned to the balcony railing as the older had barely was staring at him. Jaejoong, at the side, has preferred to watch over the landscape, as well as he didn’t fancy seeing the younger was in dejection.

He affirmed, “You said that for a couple times while having the meal, Taeyong-ah…” Then, he was gazing at the younger who put support on the bar. “And we talked about it when I came by the previous time.”

“I don’t think it’d be enough to talk over it to you as I feel like, I can not speak up about it except with you.” The younger heaved a sigh. “No one can stop his will to be doomed, and to be honest… I am still so disappointed with his decision.”

“Taeyong-ah, how many times will you fear about this?” Jaejoong carded the younger’s light hair which shielding his face because of the wind. “I’m not a fan of someone who chose to end a life and I don’t know Taehyung well… However, not even you who is his best friend knows why he’s willing to do this so bad.”

“Because the medication is killing him and it’ll not cure him at the end.”

“That’s what he said to you?”

Jaejoong questioned as Taeyong has simply nodded toward it.

At that point, the younger carried on. “Like, how bad was it? I’ve been there to see him taking it, but how could he refuse to do that all over again and then chose to embrace his end?”

“Put yourself inside Taehyung’s shoe before you spoke like that, Taeyong-ah…” The older turned around to rest his back to the barrier. “It must be so painful until he decided to stop. As I think Taehyung is far for being such a weak person.”

Taeyong puckered. “How could you say that?”

“Because no one is strong enough to handle my brother and to remain friends up till he called him a best friend.”

The rectitude of the older’s words had caused Taeyong curled up himself, with his arms rounding his knees on to his chest. He seemed to have a lot of thoughts as he knew Jaejoong was tapping his shoulder.

For a moment, Taeyong had attempted to detain, hitherto he uttered the next thing hoarsely to his brother. “I did some mistakes, hyung…”

His brother hummed along. “People made mistakes, Taeyong-ah…” Yet, he could feel a light shake from the younger’s head.

“Taehyung will definitely hate me because of this one.”

Jaejoong raised an eyebrow as he felt a downward of Taeyong’s whole bad sentiment of the entire day. Taeyong had a certain doubt to tell the older of what he has done concerning Taehyung’s correlation to a certain individual. Yet again, he trusted Jaejoong wasn’t the type to tell a sort of thing to its subject, as well as he didn’t know both of them much. His sudden vent, he didn’t expect to tell to anybody, but it had lastly lessened burden he's been surrounded by.

“Taeyong-ah,” Jaejoong called his brother gently. “Do you feel you need to reveal this matter to Taehyung?”

“Yeah… But, how?” Taeyong asked weakly. “I don’t want him to hate me and then I can’t see him until the day of his funeral.”

“Taeyong-ah, I’m sorry but that’s such a lame excuse.”

“But, I don’t know what to do, hyung…” He stared at the older who did the same.

Jaejoong sighed. “Do you need to do this because you know Taehyung will be gone soon?”

“I-I…” Taeyong paused for a sec. “I don’t know… I don’t even know why I’m rambling about this right now.”

“Yes or no, but, it never was a justification to lie to someone… Especially your best friend.”

Again, Jaejoong has made the younger fell into silence. And maybe it was true, he needed to open up to someone else, just to have another standpoint of what he had supposed in so long.

 

Taeyong kept burying his head and probably had snoozing for a while. Jaejoong wanted to bring his brother back inside, yet when he intended to carry him, he heard someone knocking from the front door. In which he opted to open it and let Taeyong stayed at where he was.

“Jaejoong hyung?”

His eyes had never been huge as presently he faced Taehyung on the verge. Looking bright as usual and outwardly has appeared so healthy compared to the condition he discussed with the brother.

“Oh, Taehyung…” He looked back to inside the room. “Taeyong-ah… Taehyung’s here!”

He hoped the younger would be awakened in much better state.

“Is Taeyong alright, hyung?” Asked Taehyung when getting off his shoes by the threshold with a couple plastic bags on his grip.

“Yeah, he's okay.” Jaejoong answered shortly.

“Phew…” Taehyung grinned. “I thought he was sick because I went to the breakfast place and they said he’s absent today.”

Jaejoong merely nodded as he assisted the younger came into the living space. In not so long, Taeyong has approached them, rubbing his eyes and the older knew he faked had just woken up from a nap.

“What are you doing here, Tae?” he questioned the best friend with his still hoarse voice.

Taehyung showed what’s been inside one of the carrier. “I brought your favorite tteokbokki! Have you eaten, today?”

Taeyong received what was handed for him. “Yeah… Hyung brought me lunch earlier.”

“Whoa… That’s great.” Taehyung flashed his boxy smile to both. “Well, you can eat it later, then. Do you want me to store it at your fridge?”

Jaejoong caught the repentant look from his younger brother and it was true, that Taehyung was such a great person. By means there was no way someone dared to hurt him as the best friend.

“What’s the occasion of your today’s visit?”

Taeyong sat at the center between Jaejoong and Taehyung, as he was asking it to the one who just came. Taehyung showed yet another thing he carried on his way, turned out were a couple pack of hair dyes.

“Really, Tae?” Taeyong showed his utmost disgust face toward the best friend.

Taehyung ignored it as he answered assuredly. “Tae, I’m already kinda bored with my light hair and I thought you might want to get back to your dark hair as well,”

“Then, why should you bring these to my place? You’re aware about hair salon, huh?”

“So that we can help each other with coloring our hair. It’s a matter of our friendship and being together… At second place, I’ve spent the entire yesterday with my fam so, today I gotta see my best friend.”

Taeyong crossed his arms as he could not believe what Taehyung had been deliberating. On the other side, Jaejoong had merely shook his head to the peculiarity these two had in between all their dissimilarities. At the other minute, the older was already standing on his feet to prepare leaving the place. He knew Taeyong was always in a good hand whenever he was with Taehyung.

“I’ll see you later next time, okay?”

Jaejoong spoke to his brother when he was walking him to the front door.

“Yeah, just again, say hi to mom and sorry that I can’t visit her now…” Taeyong had come back with.

“It’s okay, you have more important stuff to deal with, right now…” responded Jaejoong whilst nudging the younger and then waved to Taehyung from the inner side of the room.

Taeyong closed the door after seeing the wide back shoulder of his brother has disappeared at the hallway. Getting back to where he was seated before next to Taehyung. Right when he was there again, Taehyung has gazed at him with his pleading look, wishing that he would agree of his plan to dye the hair.

“Tae, you know I can’t say no to you when you look at me like that…”

Taeyong whined as he had eventually snatched the coloring box on the table as Taehyung laughed gloriously at him.

 

Although their highlighting session went with mostly Taeyong nagged about how they would tidy the apartment later. As Taehyung, would be at ease and even played a bit when he was doing Taeyong’s hair. Well along, they washed their hair on the wash basin and then looked to the looking glass, before at each other, and the two were admiring their new expertise.

“I do look better with black,” Taeyong whistled to himself when facing the mirror, in way to gaze at Taehyung again.

“Even when you’re bald, you still look better than ninety percent of the rest human beings.”

Taeyong splashed the water to his best friend to give him such a cheesy saying. Taehyung had fully grinned again as he grasped the answer caused a smile curved from the coldest soul.

On contrary, the beaming he had by now, was still contrasting the load inside which he needed to spill everything that Taehyung ought to know.

“You don’t need to be so nice to me, Tae…”

“Tae,” Taehyung had his chocolate eyes widened. “What do you mean by that? I’m nice to you because you’re my best friend—“

“Don’t say that, Taehyung-ah… Please…”

At the other side, Taehyung identified something must be so off beam whenever Taeyong called him not in typical, at all times.

“I’m sorry, Taehyung-ah… I really am sorry…”

If Taeyong could, he would scream for the regret held within and for the kindness Taehyung had always showered him. He fell on his knees as sealing his ears with both palms, drowning with his own thoughts. He sensed Taehyung rubbed his back and as much as he wanted to get him off, he totally could not.

Especially when Taehyung was settled to the floor in front of his best friend, Taeyong could not glimpsed when Taehyung tried to make him lose the breakdown. Even his own thinking had led him to eventual shed tears, streaming down his cheeks. His eyes began to feel so puffy as he knew his chest started to get stuffy.

“Look at me, Tae…” Taehyung called him gently as he forced him to inspect. “Tell me, what’s wrong?”

Taeyong chewed on his bottom lip, anxiety had surely attacked for another time. What will happen if he tells Taehyung about the truth?

“I slept with your girlfriend…”

Taehyung removed his hands from the best friend’s face, did not believe if what he just heard was true.

 
 

 

A/N: I'm sorry, I'm just so beyond head over heels with Taeyong lately xD

   

 

 

 

 

 

Have you seen NCT 127's new MV? The song is sooo good in my own opinion <3 it brings me back to the mighty 90's

And please show a lot of love for Suzy's comeback at the 17th :):)

 

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS 주세요!!!