The Bucket List

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Taeyong was alone occupying the school’s restaurant table. It was lunchtime, and there was no Taehyung again today, as his perpetual buddy— yet, not even Jungkook, who chose to sit with him on the previous day. The lonesomeness he felt real by the time, even though it was not the first he ever gone through such state. Taeyong used to be a loner, and he enjoyed it quite well. But, it was all before Taehyung had come in to his life and broke the custom. The cold boy imagined what if Taehyung had gone for real and he’d have no one to confer, even to get along as well as he had been able to the best friend.

His hawk eyes searched over the vast place as he noticed most of the students did attempt to find a spot to eat and he wondered why none of them ever dare to select those three other vacant seaters in where he settled. Not even the girls he briefly used to date— alternately— for these whole years. Well, they had their own reason because he, himself, said what they had done were mainly for pleasure seeking, and nothing more will be added.

 

But, what is wrong with me?

Why people don’t want to spare their time with me?

Did I ever do something wrong to cause them disliking myself?

 

Those sorts of thoughts floated over his mind then. As well as he also doubted why a faultless person such Taehyung opted to use most of his high school time befriended him.

 

“Hey, Seungcheol…”

Taeyong called his same year colleague who appeared was struggling to find a place for him to eat the chicken set on hold.

“You can sit here…”

He signaled to the adjacent, available seating and the same fair acquaintance, appeared to be confused.

“Are you talking to me?”

Taeyong simply nodded and Seungcheol dewy eyes have been dilated.

“You sure?”

“Well, if you don’t want to then you can seek for another table.” Taeyong shortly responded whereas devouring his katsu-don. Before darting his icy watches once again at Seungcheol, “But, I doubt you’ll find it easily in this rush hour.”

The perplexed Seungcheol picked to use the across chair from the one occupied by Taeyong, in flash.

“Um… Where’s Taehyung?”

What an unpredictable question to ask, Taeyong thought. Nevertheless, he answered it coolly as he appreciated the way Seungcheol tried to build a conversation.

“He’s not feeling really well.”

“Oh,” Seungcheol was looking at him, alternatively with the meal. “I hope he’ll be getting well then…”

“Thanks.”

The paler replied, fairly smiling and granting had he hoped the saying would chance for real.

By the instant, a duo of Seungcheol’s friends well along were coming. Those two others were not unversed with the cold model student and yet, they were still feeling strange of noticing one of their bunch was setting with him.

“Cheol,” Jimin— as anyone would ever expect— was the one who ignited the cynical comment toward the circumstance, whereas looking around. “Have you get the permission from his boyfriend to occupy this place when he’s not present?”

Seungcheol attempted to motion him to just take a seat without involving his big mouth by the time, whilst Taeyong merely shot a look as only focusing on his lunch. The dewy-eyed lad has grasped that the colleague was not as bad what everyone else had think of. The quiet Sanghyuk, has understood the hint as he tugged the smallest boy and then, they were taking another pair of the table’s crosswise seaters. And when they were all munching, none of them bothered to do the talking.

“Lee Taeyong…”

Jimin began the talking once more after he finished the lunch. Prompting Seungcheol and Sanghyuk sending some signals, which they wouldn’t be fancied of what the comrade going to confer.

The short guy, then, resumed when the boy he called merely shot him a look. “What is it that made you today was letting us to have lunch with you?”

Taeyong slurped his apple juice, signing that he did not really want to answer his unavailing question. Which made Jimin scoffed,

“Hey, are you not allowed to talk to any other guy except your precious Kim Taehyung?”

Taeyong just smirked then, “Hey, Park Jimin… What is it that made you always roast about Taehyung and I? Why you always assume we have that kind of relationship?”

Jimin’s tiny eyes widened, hearing such a laid-back yet sharp answer, and it was the same as the icy stare of his. By way of he was resuming,

“Isn’t it subtly clear that everyone knows Taehyung has only this one girl he’s always been in love with?” he sneered— at it was actually stung to his own sentiment— yet he disregarded. “And I wonder if you’re saying these rubbish ‘cause you’re threatened since I have ed more girls than you?”

The last sentence triggered Jimin to abruptly stood up and it setting their surroundings to take notice. Seungcheol, didn’t know why he subtly was shielding Taeyong, as well as he whispered.

“Taeyong-ah… I guess you don’t want to cause any fight right here, right now…”

Before the cold one had silently withdrawn from the place, in advance of he took his cell out of his pocket when reaching the hallway.

“Seolhyun-ah,”

Taeyong spoke through the line, but then his countenance changed a bit as he looked once more to the phone screen.

“Oh, this is Sowon? Tch, whatever…” he cussed over wordlessly. “I’m skipping my next classes and I’d rather have some s with you than having a side of my bed empty—”

 

Taeyong stared blankly to the wall in front of his bed, sitting at the edge of it as Sowon was dressing herself. At the jiff, she pecked the platinum-haired boy’s forehead, assuring him if he was alright. Taeyong sure had always calling one of his girls whenever he feels like he needed one of them. But, she had never gotten him sulked as bad as of today.

 

In addition, if everyone would have doubted why they could be lured with the cold guy pretty easily, henceforth they would answer— you know yourself after you experience a very good time with Taeyong— in unison.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to go a bit later?” she questioned him as back hugging his still--body, wrapped solely by the bedspread. She continued, nuzzling her nose on his gaunt cheek. “Already skipped the rest of my today’s classes, though…”

“Sowon-ah,” he had gently removed her arm on his belly. Taeyong had this forced smile to the girl who was currently locking eyes with him. “You know I never like anyone else staying long at my place… I enjoy being alone, well… You know the rule,”

 

When Sowon left the place, the solitude once again hit him right through his core. Taeyong pondered why the strange senses suddenly was reaching him like it never did before.

 

Why should I be recognizing it after all this time?

Is it the real fear of losing I’ve attained for long enough…relishing the seclusion I’ve formed by my own?

 

Also before it begun him feels like crazy, he remembered a soul that affected him to put on what he needs and to leave his house immediately.

 


 

Seokjin drove his car in that afternoon, intend of what he plotted with Taehyung earlier in the morning. Whereas the younger has arranged the eldest to meet him and Jungkook in approximately an hour. In which they have agreed it at a place, only both of them knew and what was that for.

The striking young man squinted an eye when he noticed a familiar boy has been wandered over the apartment complex, which it was actually his first planned destination.

“Taeyong-ah,”

Seokjin put his head out from the opened car window, approaching the so-called person on the side road.

“Seokjin hyung!” Taeyong appeared to bewildered for the older has encountered him in the exact spot.

“Do you plan to go to Suzy’s place as well?”

“Uh…”

As if Seokjin recited true to the younger’s hesitation, not answering his question, he asked Taeyong to get on his ride in its place.

“Hop in, I actually need to pick you up after I got Suzy…” he casually said. “But, this will be saving much more time …”

Taeyong just raised an eyebrow for the statement made by the older. But, he opted to keep the questions going on only inside his head, instead of be getting Seokjin had asserted him of why he had gotten drifting to this place out of all the others.

 

“Oh, you’re coming, too?”

Suzy, more or less, uttered when she reached where Seokjin parked his ride with Taeyong remained inside. He observed her simple clothing through the space, as he didn’t trail to get her on the unit.

The younger guy responded then, “Yeah… Seokjin hyung told me to come with him also,”

She merely was eyeing him from the backseat, without any other word spoken before the eldest had getting set on the driver seat.

“So, everyone’s ready?” Seokjin conversed as of fixing the rearview.

Suzy moved to be in center, in between the two young men in the front seaters. She leaned in direct to reply, hence Taeyong didn’t know why he suddenly flinched on the hold.

“Oppa, where are you taking us?” inquired the only girl.

Seokjin replied her though starting the engine, in not so while began speeding.

“Taehyung's request to meet you.”

Both of them looked at each other through the reflect, yet none have spoken for a while. Until Taeyong has initiated to,

“What is it now, hyung?”

He glimpsed to the older at the side, who was keep concentrating to the street ahead.

Seokjin has simply smiled then, before he was answering the younger.

“He only want you guys to get what have gotten into me, so as I’m finally willing to let him go with the decision.”

 

Suzy and Taeyong have endured in their own stillness, more so when they have arrived in a hospital. They just followed Seokjin, who was persisted to be silent after what he stated previously to both. The older has greeted some of the nurses on the reception desk, whereas they reached the fifth floor, headed to the third room on the left corridor. In where they have perceived Jungkook was standing by himself in an outer small room, from another bigger one on the inner side. The high schooler was completely frozen as he lingered, beholding through the looking glass, they’ve been detected.

Not realizing the pooled tears of his youngest sibling, Seokjin advanced to his brother as he put a palm on the shoulder.

“Jungkook-ah, had Taehyung starts the— oh, God…”

The other two individuals noticed Seokjin has looked away as they both passed him to observe what has been going inside by themselves. Deeply obliged the access has been closed within, they didn’t have to hear Taehyung’s scream as he was in total pain, receiving another treatment for his illness.

Taeyong turned around for the reason he couldn’t stand to see his bestest friend flailed himself in the treatment room, as three male nurses were struggling to keep him still. What he remarked on the site then, was Suzy who kept her stare steady to her pained boyfriend.

“You don’t have to look if you don’t want to—“

Taeyong lastly said to Suzy, as he held one of her arms. She didn’t get anything back to respond him. As in next, the waterworks began streaming on her cheeks, whilst he has overheard Seokjin seemingly had trying to convince the other boy in the other side to do so.

Eventually Taeyong couldn’t keep to stand on his feet as he heard Taehyung’s scream, vaguely had slipping out from the closed door. It must’ve been so loud inside, he thought. He slumped to the floor, resting to the wall and covering his own ears, as in not so long, he perceived to his adjacent that Jungkook was doing quite the same.

 

Taehyung has regained his consciousness rather fast in not even hours, as the four of them stayed to keep an eye on him in the recovery chamber. After a doctor came to check on his condition, then stated that he could leave in another hour. The cheery boy began a conversation, attempting to enlighten the other four persons who looked at him with their most likely, swollen eyes, except for Seokjin.

“I’m sorry I had to make you guys see the entire procedure…”

He muttered, calmly, followed by his boxy smile which everyone couldn’t stand for.

Seokjin crossed his arms as he was leaning to the partition, saying. “So, as I have brought two of them here… I don’t need to witness it, ever again, do I?”

Taehyung beamed, “No need… Well, you know this is the last time I’d do it, anyways… And yeah, thanks, Jin hyung!”

The older nodded, as Taehyung eyed to the three others who was still in pretty much shudder.

“Hey, guys… I’m already okay.”

Taehyung expanded his arms, expecting at least one of them would approach to grip him back at the patient bed. Taeyong was the furthest and he seemed wouldn’t reach for it, anyhow, and then Taehyung ogled to Suzy and Jungkook who stood on the same line.

“Hey, my arms will be tired waiting to be enfolded…”

Jungkook motioned Suzy inaudibly, to do it as he was not in favor yet for his hyung’s choice. After a while, the girl was finally settled next to Taehyung on the bed, since the mood has been rising somewhat smoothly.

 

“So, what do you want to do after this?”

Seokjin asked out of nowhere to the younger as they were currently discussing about the school. Taeyong and Jungkook were remained in silence still.

“Huh?” Taehyung’s eyes widened, hands kept steady hugging on Suzy’s waist on side. “What do you mean, hyung?”

“You know, Tae… “ Seokjin’s voice started getting low. “What do you want to do, before—“

“Ah… Like my bucket list?”

The others shot up a look, realizing that the conversation must’ve been tough for them to keep on.

Hitherto, Taehyung recommenced. “I always want to have, like, my own musical or art school… After completing my education and stuff,” he smiled, as well as shrugging. “But, I know I don’t have time to bring that into reality…”

And the mood has suddenly dropped once more, no matter how much Taehyung tried to speak it casually, as Suzy had then excused herself to the restroom.

“I’ll do it.”

Taehyung frowned, staring to the one who patently has specified.

“Really? Kookie, you don’t even like going to school…”

“But, I like it if it related to music,” Jungkook had finally broke his own hush as he strode to be closer to his hyung. “And I want to make your dream comes true, Taetae hyung.”

Taehyung grinned, for he was reaching out his hand to Jungkook’s raven hair, encouraging even the slightest smile curved on Taeyong’s cold edge as Seokjin noticed.

“And then, what else?”

Seokjin’s tone had gotten brighter, following the pleased state at the moment.

It took Taehyung to think about it for a second, before he was closing his eyes afore he was looking to each one of them.

“I want to marry her.”

Taehyung said lightly, as a beam been returning to his smiling lips. Everyone must’ve known who he has been talking about, if it was before things turned such as this, everybody must be laughing at him right now.

“But, you know both of you are still too young for it…”

“I know.” Taehyung smirked, responding to his older brother’s reaction. “That’s why I keep looking at you guys right now…”

The three of them then noted of how he keeps to ogle each one and all.

“To do it later… Years after I had gone, one of you must be taking care of her, ‘cause I only believe either one of you would, really.”

At the time, he wrapped it up, triggering everyone to jump in their own protests.

“Taetae hyung, I claimed to do one of your list before, right??”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow to the youngest, by means of affirming it, in advance of he watched the other two.

“There’s no way I’d date her… She’s already like my little sister!” Seokjin exclaimed.

It had been caused Taeyong to conclude and let out some words, “Tae, you’re gonna be ing kidding me.”

 


 

A/N: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS & ENJOY IT 주세요!!!