Her Choice

Her Choice

I admit I've liked her since I can't even remember when. But I also admit that my feelings for her would never be reciprocated for she's loving him from the very beginning of time.

Who wouldn't like her? She's cute. Really she's cute. It's cute when she keeps on thinking that she's one of the boys even though we hide a lot of things from her. It's cute when she takes care of everyone around her. She's cute when she tries hard to dance. It's cute when she sings. It's cute when she tries to study hard. I really like her. But I will be the one for her.

I remember when we were kids, he hurt his arm. All of us guys offered him something that might be of help to him. But what did she do? She offered to piggyback him to school. I was like, girl he hurt his arm not his foot. He can just walk to school without any assistance. But still, this is how caring she is. She goes the extra mile. I liked her even more but there was already this nagging feeling that he is someone important to her.

Then everytime we play, she would always team up with him. I then noticed that out of the four of us, he is the most important friend to her. She takes care of him more. She plays with him more. She always go to his house and stay in his room.

Actually, come to think of it, she's the reason why his room became our hideout. She would always nag the three us to go to his room to play everyday. At first we were scared to enter his house. His dad is really scary. He's like a very big bear. But she kept on insisting that she wants to play there. So in the end we went with her and soon found ourselves going there everyday.

Then one day she challenged us to a wrestling match. I expected her to challenge him first coz she always choose him first in everything. We all knew she'd win. She's a very strong child. Remember I said earlier that she piggybacked him before? That's how strong she is. So back to the story, they begin to fight and as expected she won the fight but he got hurt pretty bad. He cried and soon she too was crying. They were crying so loud that all the parents came out and saw what happened.

His father immediately brought him to the hospital. Her father as expected brought her to their house. We heard a loud of screaming and her crying more. She's  being punished for what she did.

That night, I heard his father going to their house. I went outside to see what's happening. I was expecting him to scold her but for some reason, he went out of the house with her. He was reassuring her that his son was fine and then I heard him say, "He's not mad at you. He said he wants to see you. He said you might not stop worrying until you see him. Were you worried?" She nodded and said, "Ajusshi, is he really okay? I promise I'll take care of him for the rest of my life."

 That night she didn't went home.

After that incident, she began to fuss over him all the time. They were fun to look at. Imagine a very active girl and a very timid boy together. Complete opposite but they match perfectly. Right then I knew, I would never win over him ever.  The girl that I like is in love with my friend.

Then one day her dad wanted her to go to the Baduk club with him. She escaped to "his room" again. We were all there that day. She then begged us to help her escape her dad. No one knows how, then he stood up went out of his room. We thought he was just going to get some water but he never went back in. Later on we were told that he went with her father to the Baduk club. I knew he liked her too but then realized, he just doesn't like her, he loves her. My chances with her went from a 5% to 0%.

Years pass by and then he quit school. When he told us this, I looked at her and saw her frown. I just knew she'd be sad. She's sad because he won't be able to go to school with us anymore and he would have lesser time with us. I know she's very proud of him but she can't help getting sad at times especially when he's away on a match.

I knew she somehow had some things with the other two boys in our group. But from the very beginning I knew she's just fooling herself. She keeps on telling us that she knows everything about us. But she doesn't know anything. She doesn't know that she's in love with him. She doesn't know that at least 3 guys in our group likes her. 

One night she called me out. I knew something happened. I went out and saw her in deep thoughts. She was really down that time. And she asked me why no one likes her? Is she kidding me? I then I asked her knowing her answer would hurt me, "Do you like me or Taekie?" And of course she answered "Taekie." I knew it! It's always him. I joked around and asked her, "Do you hate me?" And then she said, "No, but I still like Taekie more." I then knew it's time. It's time to set her feelings straight. I told her, "Deoksun-ah, how do you feel? Instead of other people liking you, who is it that you like? You're so clear about the way you like to eat sweet potatoes. Don't you have a type of person you like? You can like someone instead of someone liking you, right?" Then right on time he came with three boxes of pizza in hand, finally she smiled again at the very sight of him.

I knew that night that I've done my part in her love story. I finally let go of her. I finally made her realized her feelings for him. I know that he likes her too for he proudly told us about it. I then waited for news about them being together.

But then something might've happened. He cancelled on their movie date, on the night he's supposed to confess. She was devastated. Something was off, I just can't pinpoint what's causing it. But whatever it is, I'm not worried, they are like magnets, something is pulling them together. I just think I need to spend more time watching them. One day they will definitely be together. I bet my life on it. Why? Because no matter what happens, in the end, he would always choose her over anything and he's always her first choice in everything.

 

A/N: It's unedited. I just wrote this on a whim. hehehehe... hope it's not too confusing.