S2:35

Fifty Shades of Pink Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Black eyes are supposed to be normal. But Ms Pink’s black eyes aren’t normal. They are dead. They are empty. Where is the life?

Seo is clearly worried too—she doesn’t stop fussing over Ms Pink until she gets a glare in the face along with a minced ‘Secretary Seo’. Even then, she merely retreats behind me for a moment before reappearing with a pink mug with a pink straw.

“Ms Pink,” she says, hand stretched out with the drink.

Ms Pink accepts it and takes a sip.

“Do you like the taste of it?” Seo asks.

Ms Pink regards her for a second, then nods.

“That’s a relief.”

“I’m still a vampire,” Ms Pink replies with a hint of impatience. “But I’ve lost some abilities. I feel . . . a lot less powerful.”

“We will have to conduct some tests. You have been through many different transfusions. It is complicated.”

“I want to know about Taeyeon.” Ms Pink sets her unusually black eyes on me. “Why are her eyes blue?”

“They turned blue after Helene tried to convert her with multiple infusions.”

“Is she a vampire?”

“I have not checked her yet.”

I’m just sitting here beside Ms Pink, watching as they talk about me as though I’m not here, when Ms Pink s her pink mug at my face. “Drink this.”

I take the mug from Ms Pink and look at it doubtfully.

“Drink.”

I am trying my best not to cringe as I bring the straw to my lips and take a sip. Both Ms Pink and Seo are staring at me. “Argh.”

“She’s not a vampire,” says Ms Pink with a smile.

“But she has supernatural abilities. She could keep up with my pace. And her blue eyes?”

“She may be supernatural now, but she’s not a vampire.”

“Then what am I?” I ask, unable to stay silent anymore. A recollection of something Glazia told me in the past makes the mug in my hand feel heavier than before. “If I don’t like to drink blood, does it really mean I’m not a vampire?”

“That is one of the best ways to check,” says Seo.

“But why didn’t I turn into a vampire?” Ms Pink’s smile is disturbing me. “Do you know why?” I ask her.

“I made sure it wouldn’t happen.”

“How?”

Ms Pink looks straight at me, fearless and open. “I made you immune. Just like I did to Yoohuan. Cartu and Glazia would have told you so why are you asking me?”

I am angry now. “I was hoping for an explanation.”

“What would I need to explain?”

“You’ve never asked me for my opinion on any matter. Even when I am the one who has to bear the consequence.”

“I don’t have to ask when I already know the answer.”

“How can you be so sure I don’t want to become a vampire?”

“Helene is one of the few vampires powerful enough to have any chance of converting you. And if she succeeded, you would have lost all your love for me, and mine for you.”

Every word Ms Pink speaks is true and logically speaking, I should agree. But I am irrationally upset. “You should’ve at least told me about it.”

“The ending would not be the same if I had told you about it.”

“You don’t even ask me if I mind being carried around by you!”

Ms Pink closes her eyes for a moment. “I didn’t want to give you a chance to say no.”

The unspoken words hang in the air between us.

Then I launch myself at her.

Lips on lips. Heart to heart. It doesn’t matter that our hearts aren’t beating anymore. I can still feel her heart and I know she can feel mine too. Everything I have bottled up inside comes pouring out of my kisses. Everything I have wanted to tell Ms Pink. Everything I have wanted to give Ms Pink.

There is no time for tears. No time for fights. This time, we let our lips tell the story. We let our lips tell our hearts.

When we finally part, chest and shoulders heaving, our eyes meet and I see the tears in hers. It wrenches my heart. No tears. No more tears.

“Don’t cry,” I whisper, fingers tracing the curve of her cheekbone just below her eyes. Pressing a kiss on one of her eyes, I garner my strength and smile. “I’m still in love with you. You’re still in lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter