Drabbles 26 : It's a small world after all

OHANA!

 

 

 

Junhee giggled as she listen at the little commotion happening right outside the hallway of her grandparents' big mansion

"I told you that you should not let your guard down around her, Soohyun." Mrs. Yoon, the headmaid of the Choi Ancestral Mansion.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Yoon. She told me to get her a new dress when she went inside the bathroom...i thought..."

"Stop explaining. Now go find her before Madam Choi finds out that Lady Junhee is nowhere to be found.
Again!"
Mrs. Yoon sighed.

This keeps on happening every time the Choi throws a party.
The young heiress hated parties that she tend to run away from her nanny and hide somewhere until the party is over or she gets hungry.



"Now what should I do?" The 8 year old girl ask herself.

She's inside the old music room.
She kicked her shoes off her feet and started swirling around the big room.

She dreamed of becoming a primaballerina someday.



Her mother will surely scold her when she sees her dirty feet.



She sat on the floor the moment she gets tired of dancing and jumping, giving her mother another reason to get angry with her.
Well, who told them to let her wear a white dress in the first place.

Junhee stood up and was about to walk towards the door when it suddenly opened and a skinny boy suddenly appeared.

"Oh, i'm sorry. Can I ask if where's the bathroom?" He said in english.

Junhee stared at the boy.

"I'm sorry" the boy's eyes widens.
"Do you even understand english? God. I dont know korean" the boy said with frustration.

Junhee softly laughed at him.

"Now she's laughing." The boy frowned.
"Ah I'll go!" The boy said but with actions hoping she will understand him.

"I know english. It's just that you look funny." Junhee giggled.

The moment she said that The boy glared at her.

"You're not funny at all." He said.

"There's a bathroom downstairs. From the hallway that leads you to the kitchen, it's there."

"Wow, thank you." The boy frowned.
"And may I ask if what does a girl like you doing in this room? What if the owner finds out that you're here? Especially that old man, he seems scary." The boy said remembering someone he met earlier.

"I'm hiding" Junhee smiled.

"Hiding? To who?" He asked.
"Wait..you're wearing a white dress... You don't have shoes....
Are you a ghost?" The boy is terrified.

Junhee grinned.

"Oh my god! I need to leave." The skinny boy was about to run for his life when he heard Junhee laughed.

"You're so funny, seriously." She said.

"Are you kidding me again?" He scowl.

"I'm Junnie" she walk towards him and held out her hand for a handshake.
"I'm not a ghost."

The boy stared at Junhee's pretty hand before reaching for it to accept the handshake.

"I'm Kevin."




"Where are you from?" Junhee asked.
They're at the garden sitting under one of the trees there.
She's still hiding from her nanny.

"Canada" he said.

"Is it far?" She asked again

"Yeah I guess." Kevin said before munching a piece of cookie they got from the kitchen.

"I've never been there. But my oppa went to New York before and he said it's too far. The plane ride is so so long." She said.

"Oppa?"

"It's big brother in english."

"Ah "Gege" in mandarin" he said.

"Are you chinese?"

"Yes. I sometimes go in China during summer. But since my grandfather is always here in Korea, My mother and i started going here frequently."

"Must be nice going in a different places." She was awed.
"I want to go to Italy."

"That one's very far. Why?"

"I want to be a ballerina" she sweetly smiled.

Kevin looked at her smiling face and he suddenly felt a warm feeling inside his heart.
It's like the feeling he felt when he meet Jenny (his crush back in Canada) but way way more different.

He move his gazed away from the pretty girl beside him.

"What's your dream Kevin?" She asked.

"I want to be a professional basketball player. And play at the NBA" he lift his fist up in the air.

"That's awesome. Well i hope to see you in TV someday then." She said.



"Kevin!"

Kevin then looked at the woman who called his name.

"Mom"

"I've been looking for you. Why are you here?" His mother frowned.


"I got lost while looking for a bathroom. Junnie helped me."

Kevin's mother looked at Junhee and smiled at the girl.

"You're such a beautiful little girl" she complimented.

"Thank you!" Junhee smiles at her too.

"Lady Jun......" Junhee pouted when she saw her nanny rushing towards her.
"I've been looking for you. Your mother's been looking for you and she'll surely kill me." In korean she said.

"Ah you two are such a troublemaker." Kevin's mother said.
Junhee looked at her. She understand korean?

"We need to go aswell Kevin. We might be late for our flight tonight"

"You're going back to Canada?" Junhee asked.

"Yes! School is starting." He said.

"Oh. Well then, it's nice meeting you Kevin." She said.

"You too, Junnie."
For the first time he smiled at her.

"You should always smile too. You look handsome."
Junhee said.


There's the warm feeling again.

Aside from his mother, It's the first time that someone told him that his smile is handsome. Since almost all of his friends back in Canada told him that he looks funny due to his gummy smile.

"You'll be in NBA someday." She said while doing a thumbs up.

She waved her hands as she bid her goodbye before following her nanny.

"You like her?" His mother .

"No." He frowned at her.



But he silently wished that Junnie will became a famous ballerina someday too.


And he hopes that they will see each other again if ever he'll return in Korea.













Xoxo 😚