xxxii. You're Special

OHANA!

 

 

 

"Will I look pretty in this pink dress? How about this royal blue?" Junhee asked.

She was in her room, with dresses and gowns scattered in the floor. Minseok and Baekhee are comfortably lying in her bed while munching some chips.

"We should try this color of nail polished Min unnie" Baekhee said while scanning a fashion magazine.

"Black will look good on your nails too baek" minseok said.

"Yaaah!" A frustrated Junhee suddenly yelled
"You're not even paying attention."

"All your dresses and long gowns are so old fashion. Don't wear pink please. Just for once do some darker color or some see-through so you'll look y" Baekhee  said still eating the chips and eyes on the magazine.

Junhee then grab the junk food in Baekhee's hand and started eating it aswell.

"Yaah give that back to me" Baekhee whined.

"My room,  my rules" Junhee frowned
"You girls are here to help me not eating all my hidden supplies of junks"

"Psh! Fine! You know what you can just wear your black swan outfit. You look good with that"
Baekhee laughed

"Are you kidding me? It's a charity ball and all the prominent businessman will be there" Junhee glared at her bestfriend.

"Go ask your mom for an advice then. Your mom's the best when it comes to social event fashion" Minseok suggested.

"No, she will just tell me that i'm old enough to choose for my outfit in this kind of event. Com'on girls help me. Especially you Byun, you're the head designer of StarLight House of Fashion. Help me with this."

"Sorry, ByunBaek is on hiatus right now." Baekhee chuckled.

"I hate you" Junhee whined.

"Love you too." Baekhee giggled.

"Why do you even have to go to that party? I thought you hate it?" Minseok asked.

"Well, first, my dad told me to attend. I don't know why. And second Yifan asked me to be his partner." Junhee said.

"Ohh! So Wu Yifan will be there. The boyfriend will be there." Baekhee chuckled.

"So you will tell the whole South Korea about you two being official?" Minseok grinned.

"Shut up you two." Junhee frowned at her two bestfriends.



Yifan and Junhee haven't officially tell the public of them being together, though they  were on their 5th month, had been caught dating in a 5 star resto and lots of business and society magazine/news already featured the two of them.
They weren't even celebrities but the netizens would love to know if the rumored dating issue  is real.



"I know you two will be there too. So please help me" Junhee plead.

"Actually I don't have any idea what will I wear too. Why should i even attend that party, Sungmin oppa is the one incharged of our businesses anyway." Minseok complained.

"Coz Kim Jongdae is there also that's why." Baekhee said.

Baekhee will be the only one going to that party alone. It being single especially if your two bestfriends have their own love life.
And the (soon to be) love of her life is in a business training in Jeju.
Unlucky!



"You know what we should go ask Heechul Unnie. She'll surely have so many suggestions"

 

 

 


Being  the only heir to the Wu Empire lots of eyes were focus to the soon to be CEO.
That adds to the burden in Yifan's shoulders.
But he's not the type of person to give up easily.

And having Junhee in his life, makes it more livelier. She's his little ball of energy everytime he's stress from work, from the pressure of his grandfather, and from the scrutiny of others.
His girlfriend's smile would light up his gloomy day. Her little reminders of "don't forget to eat lunch" or her simple cheer of "Good Luck & Fighting" in a very stressful business meeting, are very much enough for Yifan.

That's why he asked her to be his partner for tonight's party.
His Grandfather will announce later to some of their business partners that he will  slowly let Yifan handle their family business alone.

It's a gathering for the wealthy people/families in the society. Surely there will be possible clients and partners that will ask him.
So he need some strength, that would be Junhee.

"Yifan!" Yixing called. The soon to be doctor was very much busy with his studies that Yifan rarely see him.

"Glad to see you here." Yifan said.

"Yeah! Got some break from med school." Yixing laughed. "Where are the others?"

"Jongdae's on his way now. He's with Minseok. Chanyeol's  still in Jeju."

"What about Junhee? The announcement will be tonight right?" Yixing grinned.

"She's with Baekhee. If there's an announcement it will be just about me and her being together or my grandfather handing to me his business. Not the engagement yet. It's a long way to go" Yifan said.

There conversation was cut off when a familiar tall guy approached them.








"Finally, the heiress of the CHOI Corporation arrived at the venue." Junhee heard one of the reporters outside the Grand Hall of the party's venue.
"She was with the Byun's only daughter, Byun Baekhee. Choi Junhee was rumored to be dating the the soon to be President of the famous Wu Empire. Will the rumors and speculations have it's conclusion tonight?"

 



"We're not celebrity though." Baekhee said.

"Don't mind them Baek. I need to find Yifan now. Will you be ok?" Junhee asked.

"Yeah, no worries. I'll go find Min Unnie too or Heechul unnie."





"So when will the wedding be?" An older woman asked Minseok.

"We don't have a specific date for that yet. But definitely it's not this year. Since Jongdae is still finishing his degree." Minseok answered.

"Ohh. Well then Goodluck to the two you. And to you too Mr. Kim." The woman said and leave.

"Was that the 10th time of them asking us if when will be our wedding?" Minseok frowned.

"Indeed it is." Jongdae laughed.

"Minie Unnie!" A grinning Baekhee greeted the couple.

"Baekie, you're finally here. Where's Junhee?" Minseok asked.

"I don't know, she's looking for Yifan though. Ohh Kim Jongdae, you look human today?" Baekhee laughed.

"Same to you, Byun Baekhee."  Jongdae smirked.


"When will you two stop teasing each other?" Minseok sighed.

"When he'll stop being a clingy dinosaur." Baekhee said.

"That would be impossible Baek" Minseok laughed.

"See! My minnie agrees with me. You loser Byun." Jongdae grinned

"Whatever!"

"What's going on here?" Yixing approached them.

"Yixing!! You're here!" Baekhee run beside the man and hold on to his arms.
"Atleast you'll save me from being a wallflower. We'll be partners ok?"

"I think that's not a good idea!" Yixing forced a laughed.

"And why is that? Are you rejecting me?" Baekhee pouted.

"Shouldn't I be your partner?" Someone behind Baekhee said.

She knows that voice.

That deep voice.

"Yo! Giant Yoda" Jongdae grinned.

"Hey, i thought you're still in Jeju" minseok asked.

"Well, someone asked me to go catch a flight just to see her being pretty tonight." Chanyeol smirked while looking at the still shocked Baekhee.
"Hi, you're not pretty though." And leaned closer to whisper at her.
"You're very beautiful."

"Aww you two are so cheesy. Go get a partner now Yixing or you'll be left behind." Minseok chuckled.

"All i need right now is my bed. I need a sleep." Yixing yawned.









"Where are you?" Junhee asked on the person she was talking in the phone.

"Turn around" a deep voice said.

The woman grinned as she looked at the person behind her.

"Hi there, princess." Yifan grinned.

"You look hot" Junhee said then suddenly went red when she realized what she blurted out.

Yifan chuckled that made Junhee more flustered.

"Didn't know my girlfriend can this be straightforward." He said.

"I miss you" she said and move towards Yifan to hug him.

They're at the garden part of the venue were there's no guest roaming around.

"I miss you too, princess" Yifan hugged her back and kissed her on the forehead.










"So Yifan, any plans now since you'll be taking over you grandfather's business?" Mr. Lee, one of the biggest investors in the country asked.

"Well we have so many proposed expansion for next year. And we're planning to have an ocular visit in Jeju for a new business venture together with the Choi Corp. and Park Group." Yifan answered.

Junhee was beside her, just listening to what were they talking about.

"Ah, That's why. You have this pretty lady beside you" Mr.Lee smiled at her.

"Yes, Junhee is..." Yifan's introduction of Junhee was cut off when a woman, wearing a tight short dress, suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Kevin!!" The woman squealed

"Hi, Stephie" Yifan forced a smile.

"Dad, you didn't tell me you're with Kevin." The girl frowned at Mr. Lee.

Oh it's his daughter. Junhee thought.

"We were just talking about Business. By the way this is my daughter, Stephie. She's a fashion designer student." Mr. Lee said while looking at Junhee.

"Kevin, let me introduced you to some of my friends." She tried to pull Yifan's arms.

Junhee was stunned from the action and tightened her hold on Yifan's other arm.

"Stephie!" Yifan called her attention.
"I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Junhee"
He said and circled his arms on Junhee's waist.

Stephie eyed  Junhee and frowned

"I'm Junhee." She smiled at the girl.
"Choi Junhee" she reached for her hands.



Stephie's eyes widens. She hadn't meet the heiress of Choi Corporation since everyone knows that Junhee wasn't fond of parties and social gathering.
Based on the design of her cocktail dress tonight, it was made by the famous Byun Baekhee. 
She was indeed pretty like an angel.
And that made her even more envious

She rejected her handshake and just give her a fake smile.

"Dad, i'll be with my friends at the the bar counter. See you later Kevin" and smiled at Yifan.


"I'm sorry Miss Junhee from my daughter's attitude. She and Yifan are classmates during middle school at Canada." Mr. Lee said and took a bow to apologized.

"It's ok Mr. Lee" Junhee smiled.






Junhee was about to go out of the cubicle when she heard a chattering in the restroom.

"So you mean he's dating the famous Heiress?" The woman asked on whoever she was talking to.

"Yes he is. But she's just his girlfriend. I'm still going to be Kevin's fiancee" A familiar voice answered.

It's Stephie.

"Let's be honest here Stephie, She's richer than you. The Wu and Choi's are on the top list of the richest family here in Korea. How can you compete to her? And she's beautiful" her friend said

"Are you my friend? I'm beautiful than that angel-looking . But i'm ier than her and in no time I will have Kevin in my arms and she'll be left with nothing. I'll be the queen of Wu Empire not her" Stephie laughed.

She then heard their footsteps walking away the restroom.



Junhee sighed.


Why are other rich girls trying to look friendly in front of her but behind her back they will talk about her as if she's the worst human in the world and that she's just lucky because she had the richest family.







"Did you cry?" Baekhee eyed her bestfriend.

"Huh? No! My eyes is just itchy must be the eye make up." Junhee lied.

"You're not allergic to makeup, Choi Junhee" Baekhee frowned.
"Tell me who bullied you again this time".

"No one" she said.

"Who is it this time? What's the name of the , who told you that your just fortunate because you're a Choi?" Minseok asked.

"Why do you know me that much?" Junhee teared up.

Baekhee hugged her.

"Because we're your bestfriend. Who bullied you?"

"It's ok. You don't have to be the again just because you're trying to protect me from them."
Junhee smiled at Baekhee.

Baekhee was know as the Queen B since she'll never back off to all the  spoiled rich girls who loves bullying those who are below them.

"And don't you ever think you're not worth it Junhee. The hell, you're the most talented Ballerina i have ever known." Minseok joined them for a group hug.

"I love you girls" Junhee smiled.









"Are you okay?" Yifan asked his girlfriend.

They were on their way out of the venue, thru the back part, to go home.

"I'm fine" Junhee said

Yifan wasn't convinced with her answer so he place his hands on her shoulder to make her faced him.

"No, you're not princess." Yifan frowned.

Junhee lowered her gazed to avoid Yifan's piercing look.

"I saw you talking with Minseok and Baekhee earlier. Did someone say something bad to you again?" Yifan asked.
"Was it stephie?"

 

Silenced

 



"I'm just a plain, boring rich girl who's lucky to have a family who is known to be the richest in this country." Junhee sighed.
"Nothing special"



"Look at me Junhee" Yifan said.



"Maybe someday you'll get tired of me too Yifan" she said forcing herself not to cry.

 


Yifan cupped her face. He then leaned closer to kissed her plump lips.

 



They stayed like that for a minute.


Yifan trying to tell her how much worth she have in his life through that kiss.


Junhee savoring that beautiful kiss and thinking how much she love the man infront of her.

 



"I love you Junhee." Yifan said the moment he pulled out of that kiss.
"You're not boring, you're not plain. You're the most amazing woman I have ever known."

"I'm just your girlfriend." She said.

"For now you're my girlfriend. But someday if you will let me, you'll be my queen" Yifan grinned.

Junhee could feel the tears blurring her vision. She then hugged Yifan tightly.

"I love you too Yifan" she said.

"I love you more" the man smiled.









The rain is falling from the night sky of Seoul.

Yifan knelt down on that wet ground.

"Com'on i'll piggy back you to the car" he grinned.

"I'm heavy Yifan" Junhee whined.

"Com'on Princess. Here hold the umbrella"

Junhee reached out for the umbrella.
She then placed both her arms around yifan's neck.
He then carefully lift her up in his back.







 

They were walking  under the rain. Junhee, with her chin placed in Yifan's shoulder, softly sing a famous chinese song.
 [🎶 Tong Hua (Fairy Tale)]



"Just you singing like that makes my world upside down Junhee, so don't you ever think you're not special. You're precious." Yifan said, securely  holding Junhee in his back.



"Someday, when the right time comes, will you marry me Yifan?" She asked.



"If you will allow me, I'll be your forever." He said.



Junhee smiled.



She's scared of the future but as long as Yifan is beside her, she'll all right!

 



They will be all right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

Inspired from a scene in Never Gone 😊

(WU YIFAN'S MOVIE)

 

A little bit of angsty Krisho throwback 

 

Love you everyone. And thank you to all the new subscribers!

 

Xoxo

 

PS: why Junhee is so pretty? JUSTICE!!!! 😢