Sea Of Suspense

MEOWch

yay!!!!another update!!!!teehee!!!!anyways...little from me this time...so...i hope you guys like reading!!!!

When you awoke, you found yourself alone in the bedroom. You quickly wash up and walk out in your pyjamas to the kitchen. As you were walking, you saw Jaejoong on his cell and when he noticed you, he turned his back to you and quickly walked out to the terrace. That was weird, it’s like he’s trying to hide something from me…Ooh! Hotteok! You took the plate with the still steaming hotteoks and the plates and utensils and walked over to the terrace door, kicking at the door to signal Jaejoong to open up. Jaejoong turned around and he made a face like one that a kid would make when caught doing something bad. Why is he acting so weird? He’s supposed to be happy! Rather than coming to open up for you, he made the signal to wait a minute, leaving you holding onto the now becoming heavy things. What’s so important that he can’t open up now! No…must stay happy…no anger or fights today! Finally, after hanging up, Jaejoong opened the door and grabbed the hotteoks from you.

“Sorry about that, it was important and I was almost finished.”, Jaejoong explained avoiding your eyes.

“Oh, no problem! Who was it?”

“Oh…um…it was the company…Yeah, the company!”

“Are you sure Jaejoong?”

“Yes, why wouldn’t I be?”

“Oh, you know, you didn’t particularly sound confident that it was the company. Just asking!”, you say cheerfully, though his strange behaviour was starting to weird you out.

You basked in the sunlight, eating warm hotteoks, most of them filled with chocolate, which made you all the happier. Mmh! Jae, the sun shining brightly, chocolate hotteoks…can this day get any more perfect? After finished, rather than cleaning up, the two of you just sat back in your chairs, not a word said to interrupt the peaceful and calm aura surrounding both of you. All of a sudden you remembered that you had yet to get anything for your anniversary. I feel weird about asking, it’s not like it’s necessary to give gifts…Should I ask or not?

As though he had read your mind, Jaejoong spoke up. “If you want to get your gift, we’re going to have to go out for a bit okay? Do you have anything nice to wear?”

“Oh, well, I do have that red dress you gave for my birthday!”, you say excitedly. Just what does Jae have planned for me? Curious curious!

“Hmm, that won’t do. Instead, let’s go shopping! We’ll buy ourselves new outfits alright? Come on, let’s get ready!”

Without another word you jump up and grab the plates and rush indoors. After dumping the dishes in the sink, you hurry into your bathroom and quickly get ready. Since we are going shopping, I guess I’ll just wear something comfy and easy to change out of. Within half an hour, you were all set and ready to go. You had decided to wear yoga pants and a over the shoulder shirt. Within minutes of you getting ready, Jaejoong also came out.

“Shall we go?”

“Yes! Let’s go go go!”, you shout out eagerly, running toward the door.

“You sure are excited, aren’t you?”, Jaejoong chuckled after you.

“Of course I am! I think this is the first time we’ve ever gone shopping together too, and what girl doesn’t love shopping!”, you give him a look as if to say, ‘duh!’.

When Jaejoong finally brought the car around, he quickly took out his cell phone and sent a text to someone. You gave a questioning look and he just replied by saying, “Company.”

The ride was short, seeing as the mall was actually quite close to your house and your first stop was at a boutique that specialized in evening dresses. Both you and Jae went separate ways, he looked in one half for any suitable dresses while you looked in the other. By the time you got to the change room, you had about 20 dresses of your own to try on, plus the 10 that Jaejoong had picked out.

The saleslady helping you two gave an astonished gasp. “You’ll be here awhile won’t you?”

You give a small apologetic bow before hurrying into the change room. Within the hour, after long consideration, you had finally narrowed down the choices to three dresses. The first was a gorgeous light blue dress with a tulle skirt and a very simple bodice, there was a simple dark blue ribbon that went around your waist and was tied at the back in a big bow, so that the two loops could be slightly seen from the front. The had a silver jewel studded bodice and a black puffy skirt, with a simple black band to separate the two. The last was a spaghetti strapped emerald green dress. The skirt had a kind of see through layer with an imprinted design of black flowers and underneath was a silkier green material that gave the skirt some shine. The bodice and skirt were separated by a large band of the same material over the skirt, but the pattern was much smaller. This time you required Jaejoong’s help picking.

“Jae! I need your help!”, you yell out in a distressed voice.

Jaejoong ran in while yelling back, “What? Is everything alright? Are you stuck in a dress?”

At that you turn and give him an evil look. “Seriously? Stuck in a dress? Nice Jae, real nice. No, not that as you can obviously see, but I need help choosing one!…It’s too hard…”

Jae immediately replied, “The blue one.”

Your jaw dropped at his immediate answer, “But you’ve barely seen the others!”

“I don’t have to, your favourite colour’s blue and you look good in it, so blue. Get ready and I’ll be waiting for you by the counter”, and with that he walked out.

Well, he is a guy. I can’t expect him to put as much consideration into clothes, especially clothes for a special day like today, as I would. I should have asked Min Kyung unnie to come…Well, blue it is then!

You grab the dress and leave the pile of dresses behind for the staff to put away, smiling apologetically at the woman waiting outside to do just that. Jaejoong paid, insisting that it was a part of your present, so you walked over to the small accessories section they had and your eyes caught the perfect pair of shoes, they were the same dark blue as the ribbon on the dress. They were stilettos and they tied around your ankle with silk ribbons. Oh so cute! I love them! Your next stop was to the earrings and you found small drops of sapphire hanging off a strand of silver. It’s like everything’s going perfectly today. Without trying too hard I managed to find such amazing things…Hmm…You quickly rush back and add it to the purchase.

“Hey, I can get a suit myself, so why don’t you go ahead and get your hair and stuff done? That way we won’t waste so much time.”

So you two went your separate ways and you had time to catch your breath. Ah! All this suspense is killing me! It’s like my birthday all over again. Why does it have to be a secret? Why not just give me what he wants to give me! Or tell me what it is! In an hour, which was made possible by having like 4 people working on you, you were finally ready and found Jaejoong sitting in a chair all decked out in the front of the salon.

“Hey, you look gorgeous! But why don’t you have your dress on?”, Jaejoong stood up as you walked out.

“Oh, you want me to change now? I’ll go ask to use the bathroom then…”, you disappeared once more, blushing.

The second time you walked out, this time dolled up properly, Jaejoong gave you a stunned look, no words coming out of his slightly open mouth. Do I look that pretty? He’s making me so self conscious! It’s not like he hasn’t seen me dressed up before…

Shaking his head, Jaejoong cleared his throat, “All ready to go then?”, his voice cracking a bit at the end.

You nodded and followed Jaejoong to the parking lot. When you were seated, Jaejoong handed you something.

“What’s this?”, you unfold it to find a blindfold. “Oh my god! What is it with you and blindfolds? Are you sure me and thousands of fan-girls around the world are not in love with a psycho?”

Laughing, Jaejoong just said, “Just indulge me and put it on please? It won’t be on for long!”

Narrowing your eyes, you reluctantly put it on. Your claustrophobia didn’t set in this time because you were a bit used to the feeling of being blindfolded in a car and the fact that Jaejoong was beside you. You trusted him with your life, so the darkness didn’t scare you at all. Surprisingly, in a very short time you had come to a stop. We’re here already?

“Are we there?”

“Yup!”

“Can I take off my blindfold then?”, you ask while reaching up to take it off.

Jaejoong quickly grabbed your hand stopping you. “No, not yet, just a little more.”

You hear the slam of the door and feel air blow in on your right side. Then a hand gripped yours, helping you out of the car. Taking small, unsteady steps, you slowly made your way into what seemed like an elevator. Seconds later, the telltale ping of the elevator arriving at its floor sounded and you stepped out.

“Can I take it off now?”

“Hmm…not quite, give it a second.”

You hear a door creak open and Jaejoong’s hands on the blindfold.

“Close your eyes alright?” You nod and you feel Jaejoong lift the blindfold. Pushing you forward a bit, he whispered into your ear, “And open.”

btw...link for the black dress: http://www.dressilyme.com/Photos/DMPHOTO_201108102008031353750.jpg?w=270&h=340&sn=PPD00AA2

link for the green dress: http://www.semiformaldresses.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/clip_image00412.jpg

sooo...how was it????btw...gonna try to upload again tomorrow!!!!it might or might not be long...depends on if my ideas flow well enough...anyways...hope yall enjoyed!!!!please comment!!!!