Tummy Rubs And More

MEOWch

um...nothing much to say...other than i think that its long...so yay!!!!makes up for my short chaps!!!!oh!!!and that i totally want a cat like jiji!!!!i luv how i picture him!!!!anyways...enjoy!!!!

After that first day, just as Jaejoong had promised, someone always came promptly at 10 to relieve you of your duties. Other than greeting him in the morning or sometimes, but very rarely, at night, you never really saw or heard from him. If there was a change in plans, you were always contacted by his manager. This was the pattern that continued to play out for 3 months.

Does he not like me? Did I do something wrong? He could at least call personally when he wanted to change things around. I mean, I am a person and his employee, I should at least be treated a bit more fairly. I wonder if he knows how insignificant I feel whenever I hear his manager calling me to say, “Oh, we won’t be needed you today“, or, “could you come at such and such time”. What struck you as even odder was that his pets were never left alone, either they were with him or you or with whoever came by to take over for you. It’s like they’re his kids…

Then one day, out of the blue, while you were at his house, Jaejoong walked into his apartment. You looked at your watch and saw that it was barely even 3 in the afternoon. What’s he doing here so early? You smile, confused and bow to him.

“Um, hello. What’re you doing home so early?”

He looked around awkwardly, clearly not comfortable with you yet. “I have a favour to ask you.” You look at him expectantly. “Well, you see, JYJ’s holding a world tour, so I won’t be home for some time and I was wondering…” His voice trailed off and he quickly met your eyes before looking down at the dog beside you, “…well, if you would mind staying over here and taking care of Jiji and Vick.”

Startled, you blurt out, “Me? Why me? Isn’t there anyone else?”

Oh, I sound ungrateful…but…why me?

“If you don’t want to do it, it’s alright. I’ll just arrange for someone else to come over.”

You shake your head furtively, your hands protesting along with you. “Oh! I don’t mind! It’s just that, why me? I mean I would love to do this! I love Vick and Jiji, almost like they’re my own.”

Jaejoong smiled shyly, “That’s exactly why. Vick and Jiji are already comfortable with you, and they look forward to your company.” Vick barked at that moment, almost as though in agreement. “Vick sometimes sits himself down in front of the door waiting for you.” At this, Vick barked again and both you and Jaejoong laughed at his antics. “I just thought they’d like it better…”

You smile widely, nodding your head, “I’ll do it!” Then you smile mischievously, “Yay! I get more time to make them mine now! They’ll have forgotten all about you by the time you come home!”

Jaejoong just stared at you, and you feel a blush of embarrassment creeping up your face. Maybe I went just a bit too far on that one…Hmm…An awkward silence engulfed you again, both of you just standing there. Why is it that all we ever do is stand in awkwardness? It’s becoming a pattern…

“So, how long will I be staying here for? Or do you want me to take them home with me?”

“I’d rather you stay here, after all, all of their things are here and it’d be too much too move it all over to your place. You can stay in the guest room.”

“Oh, okay then. Um, are you going to stay or leave again?” You were kind of hoping he would leave, this awkwardness between you two was really unnerving.

“I’m actually going to stay to pack, why don’t you go home and bring your things over?”

“What? Already? But you just told me today…” You blink in confusion, “Wait, when exactly are you leaving?”

“Tonight.”

You blink again, anger starting to rise within you at the short notice, “You mean to say that you only told me today? When you knew you were leaving tonight? You do realize that I have things to settle and that I may need more than like an hours notice right?”

“I was kinda hoping to take them with me…”

“Still! You could have told me it was a possibility! You know, sometimes I feel like you don’t think I’m human either, just something here to do your bidding quietly.”

In disgust at his treatment to you, you left the apartment in a huff. Gah! Second rate treatment…Pshh! Who does he think he is? So what if he’s some big idol or whatever, he should now how to treat people. No matter how much I try to start up a conversation and create some sort of understanding, that plane get’s shot down. And now this. How would he like being told last minute that I can’t be there to look after his pets? Then what? He’d be super pissed…You anger simmers all the way down and back to your apartment. You take your time packing, not wanting to leave anything behind, even though you knew that you could always just make a quick trip down. Then you realize that he still hadn’t told you for how long he’d be gone. Great! Now I don’t even know if I’m bringing enough. Arg! This man! Really? I’ve never been more frustrated before! You move around in an unsettled frustration. Then you think about Jiji and Vick. That’s right. I’m doing this for them, not him. Plus, more experience for when I open shop!

You walk back slowly with your stuff, feeling satisfaction in watching the sun slowly set. Hah! That’ll show him! He’s probably itching to leave right now, but of course, his poor little babies can’t be left alone. A smile forms on your face as you imagine Jaejoong pacing in his apartment, in panic because he had to leave soon.

After an hour, you were back in front of his door. You try to smother your smile as you knocked the door, but when you entered, you were shocked to find that his things weren’t by the door all set to go. The urge to smile was quickly knocked out of you. You turned to Jaejoong who casually just walked into the kitchen.

“Um, didn’t you say that you were leaving today?”

“Yes, that was the plan. But then Junsu just called, saying he had an emergency and so we decided we’d leave for Japan tomorrow.”

You blink and you feel that anger welling again. This jerk! You silently stalk to the guest room to put your stuff away and once inside, you decide to stay in there. You stew in there, talking to yourself in a quiet voice cursing at Jaejoong. You don’t know how long you spent in there, but you here a meow at your door and scratches at your door.

You open your door and look down, and there was precious little tiny Jiji, who looked up at you with his cute little eyes. You smile at the cuteness and pick up the little ball of fur and walk out of your “room”. Eh, no point getting mad. Some people just don’t know how to behave with others do they? What can I do about it? You shrug your shoulders, finally calm enough to face him.

You walk into the living room, and there sat Jaejoong in comfy clothing, reading a book. You stop and stare at him, the peacefulness that surrounded him somehow drawing you toward him. You continued to stand and stare, until Jiji gave a little meow that attracted his attention. He looked at you and you slowly walk in and sat down on the sofa opposite him. Once seated, he went back to his book. Unsure of what to do, you turn to play with Jiji, scratching his little belly while he let out adorable little purrs of happiness.

Soon Vick plodded his way in and joined you two on the couch, laying his head in your lap, looking up at you with pleading eyes as if saying, “I want a tummy rub too.”

You let out a little giggle at this show of cuteness, and while one hand continued to rub Jiji’s tummy, your other hand busied itself with rubbing Vick’s. Both animals let out little noises of happiness. You two sat like this for an hour, somehow the atmosphere more comfortable rather than awkward now. Hmm. What changed? You look up to Jaejoong and see that his eyes were on you, but the moment your eyes met, he quickly dropped his back onto his book. Was he staring at me?

Jaejoong POV

Why did I lie to her about leaving today? It’s not as though either of enjoy each other’s company, we don’t talk. He thought about his actions while he sat with a book in his hands. Not really focusing on what he was reading, he aimlessly flipped through the book. He suddenly hears a quiet purr from behind him and turns, to see you standing at the entrance of his living room, Jiji curled in your arms. Should I say something? Not knowing what to do, he turned back to his book, ignoring her presence, but his eyes constantly strayed up to her. He saw that she sat there rubbing Jiji’s stomach. Hmm. Jiji never lets anyone rub his tummy. He continues to sneak peaks at her, and when Vick joins the other two on the couch, his eyes just rest on the three and the cute image that they portrayed. All of a sudden her eyes lift up and meet his. A shock runs through him and he immediately drops his eyes. Not being able to take this weird atmosphere, he stands up abruptly.

“I think I’ll go make dinner”

He walks off without waiting for a reply, but he faintly hears, “Okay then…”.

What was that tone I heard? Disappointment?

Your POV

You watch as he walks into the kitchen, something falling in you. I wanted to talk to him. Seemed like the perfect time to get to know each other and maybe finally push this relationship out of awkward waters. Phooey…

You continue to play with Vick and Jiji, moving on from tummy rubs to playing fetch and rolling around on the floor with them. Your giggles and their barks/meows filled the silence of the house. Soon, the house was enveloped in the delicious smell of meat cooking and alfredo sauce filled the air. Mmm! Yum! I can never ever hate this guy for long can I? Not if he’s going to feed me such awesome smelling food! At the smell of meat cooking, Vick left your side and padded into the kitchen, and behind him, just like a younger sibling follows his eldest, walked Jiji. You crawled behind them and followed them to the kitchen, stopping just behind them as they stopped by Jaejoong’s legs. Both cat and dog looked up with hopeful looks, hoping that their nice and sweet owner would drop them a bit of meat. You giggle at their cuteness, and as though he had been in another world, Jaejoong looks down in surprise. Upon seeing the three of you on the floor by his seat, he let out a huge laugh!

Joining in with his laughter, you stand up and brush your knees before saying, between giggles, “Um, I think they’re a bit hungry Mr. Boss.”

Jaejoong knelt to give both dog and cat a small piece of meat, before getting up and washing his hands. You sit at the barstool across from him and watch as he cooked. That little interlude had somehow completely gotten rid of the awkwardness and you sat in a comfortable silence as you watched Jaejoong absorb himself completely in his cooking.

A half hour later, in front of you sat a steaming hot bowl of spaghetti and a tossed salad. You take one bite, and die from happiness.

“Oh my god. No words.” You quickly take another bite. “How’d you learn to cook so well?”

He sat smiling, watching you enjoy your dinner, but at that question he was startled.

He his lips before answering, “I’m not really sure, but I think I learned because I thought it’d be sweet, for when I got married, that I could make my wife dinner some days.”

Shocked at his answer, you put down your fork, an incredulous look on your face. “You would be a perfect husband! I mean, cooking for your wife? And look at this place! It’s so spotless, so obviously you’d help with the cleaning.” You let out a sigh. “I wish you could be my husband. We could do a trade, I do all the cleaning while you do all the cooking.”

Jaejoong laughed, embarrassed, and brought his hand up to cover his mouth. You recall what you’d said and then blush at your forwardness. Not knowing what to do to change the atmosphere, you pick up your fork and continue eating. After finishing, you insist on cleaning the dishes, thanking him for that wonderful meal. Way to make it awkward again! Just when we were starting to get comfortable, you just have to go and blurt out marrying him. You shake your head and finish washing the dishes.

You join Jaejoong in the living room, your textbook in hand, and sit down on the sofa you had occupied earlier. Seeing that Jiji was in his arms, Vick walked over to you and laid his head on your knees. You four sat there, reading while the pets hummed in happiness. When the sky finally turned pitch dark, you decided that it was time for bed.

You get up and bow, “I think I’ll call it a day. Good night.”

Jaejoong got up too and bowed back, “Good night.”

The next day, you wake up to find that Jaejoong had already left, which wasn’t surprising because you had forgotten to set your alarm and it was already noon. The sudden emptiness suddenly hit you. Wow. The house feels different, it’s like it knows its owner won’t be back until much later. You walk into the kitchen and were met with the wonderful sight of a plate full of kimchi pancakes. Yay! Another delicious meal before I go back to the easy stuff!

The two months that Jaejoong was gone for passed by smoothly and without you realizing, the time soon came for him to grace you with his presence.

please comment!!!!...oh...and for jiji...imagine puss in boots from shrek and his huge eyes...yes...that is what i saw in my mind...dies of overload of cuteness!!!!teehee!!!!