5: Date#4 Taipei Stroll

Can This Be Real?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DATE #4: TAIPEI STROLL

Finally, both of my friends had left. He relieved a sigh as he laid back on the sofa.  He looked a bit more relaxed now. I sat on the arm chair beside him.

Jo: Are you okay?

Taec: okay... Guencana (Korean - No problem or it's okay). Now I can rest.

Jo: Are you tired?

Taec: A bit.

Jo: I think you really need to take a nap.

He closed his eyes straight away. I let him sleep for a while.Then, I remembered the incident earlier on. I start thinking how to tell him about the past. I really had to get over it somehow . I softly pat on his chest.

Jo: Oppa, I think it’s time I tell you my story before you find it from other sources.

I looked at him for a while, he was still closing his eyes but he replied.

Taec: Uh huh.

Jo: Remember I told you that I enter the competition in Malaysia.

Taec: Yes

Jo: Back then I have a boyfriend, my first love actually.

Taecyeon quickly sat up as he opened his eyes.

Taec: Go...on...

He turned to me urging me to continue.

Jo: We were dating when were still in high school. We both loved dancing so we joined in all sorts of competitions together. As for me I love singing as well, and so I entered the Astro Star Quest competition. He was supportive and at that time he came with me to Taiwan when we had a challenge with the " A Million Star." 

Jo: Even though I didn't win, Ben Ge at that time approached  me and asked me if I am interested to become a singer in Taiwan.

I didn't accept it straightaway and told him I would think about it. Since I have to leave my homeland and Loong to pursue this dream. It was a tough decision. But Loong encouraged me to go. He said that I should go first, and he will come when he had settled everything in Malaysia.

Jo: but then I guess sometimes promises are meant to be broken.

I paused for a moment as I was getting a little uneasy. I sobbed a little as I continue on.

Jo: But the day before...

I stopped again as  my tears suddenly  falling fast just by thinking of that day.I took a deep breath. Taecyeon quickly dry my tears with his thumbs.

Taec: Did something happen?

He asked eagerly. I hesitated for a while then continue again.

Jo: the day before my flight, he had an accident. I got a call from the hospital and managed to see him for the last time before... he died

I choked as I said the last sentence and tears were flowing endlessly as I was crying like a baby. Taecyeon quickly took out his handkerchief and wiped my wet cheeks, He then pulled me to his side and held me in his arms while my back, trying to calm me down. I was silently weeping trying to control myself.

Finally when I was settling a bit, I let go of him and continue my story again.

Jo: I guess I wouldn't be here today if it is not Loong's last word, I would not have the courage to really leave everything and go. From that day onwards I gave up on dancing. I chose mostly slow sad songs right from the day I debut. Thus, I was nicknamed as "Sorrowful ballad queen" by my fans.

I heaved a sigh.

Jo: That's all to my story, do you have any doubts or any question now?

He was quiet for a while looking at me as he held my hand.

Taec: In all those years, you were still hanging on those memories of him?

Jo: I really tried to forget him. Lucky there is a lot of going on from the start of my singing career. But every time I am back at home I felt the loneliness and pain. Even though I almost got over him now, but still I couldn't bring myself to dance again.

Taec: You never had a boyfriend after that?

Jo: No,  I was too busy to even think of a relationship especially when it is still the starting point of becoming a singer.

He nodded

Taec: I see.... Don't you have friends like Mimi and Jess to talk of your problems? I mean... for me I still have my members but you...?

Jo: mmm… at that time. I only knew Jess as we are in that competition but I was not close with her back then. I met Mimi here as she is my stylist. I never mention the incident or him at first. 

When Linda worked with me, I became close to her. And she was the first person I told about the incident as she saw me in tears before. Linda was the on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter