THE BEGINNING

It's Not Like The Movies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE BEGINNING

He stood there with his hands in his pocket. His spiky hair got all messed up upon the blow of strong wind yet he didn't even try to fix it. Just gazing away at the sunset from behind his glasses.

Their friends were all in the water, playing and goofing around. But of course, he was too cool to join them doing human stuffs. He was out of this planet. He was art and beyond. He was different.

And Stephanie hated him to the core.

“Yah!” He jumped, turning around and glared at Stephanie. “What are you doing?”

“You jerk!” Stephanie didn't stop, throwing sand to the lanky boy in front of her.

“Hey! Hey!” He stepped back, shielding his eyes from the grains of sand. “What did I do? Steph? Stop!”

She pushed him with all her might. Their friends cheered, probably thinking that both of them were joking around. But Stephanie was not in a joking mood. She was angry.

Seunghyun landed first in the salty water. His glasses fell to the water and his shirt got wet. Their friends laughed and clapped but Stephanie frowned.

“Steph!” He called out, demanding explanation with his sharp gaze.

She turned around, stomping her way to the parking lot with tears in her eyes.

She hated him.

“How was the trip? Fun?” Her father's greeting surprised her. It was already 11 p.m and she expected nobody in the kitchen. His father sitting at the kitchen counter with a mug in hand was the latest thing she wanted to see at the moment.

“Inspiring beach. I made a lot sketches.” She murmured, taking a cup of fruity yogurt from the fridge. Of course Stephanie couldn't tell her father that the trip had actually turned into hell.

“Are you hungry? Your mom made lasagna for dinner. I can reheat it for you.”

She shook her head, waving the yogurt cup in front of her father. “I'll just eat this before sleeping. Goodnight Dad.”

“Goodnight.”

She didn't even touch the yogurt. The cup lay cold next to her laptop on the table as she tossed and turned in her bed.

How could Seunghyun do that to her?

How much of a fool she was to think that there was something special between them?

Her phone beeped once and she lazily checked it. Bora had sent her a chat along with pictures of cute puppies.

              Don't be sad, Steph. Puppies love you.

                                I'm not sad. I'm angry.

             Sojin might not telling the truth tho.

             We know how much of an attention seeker she is.

                               She practically let the whole class know that she had done it with Seunghyun.

                               And that pabo did not even try denying it.

              He is a pabo.

              So stop thinking about him and sleep, okay?

              Or at least try to.

                               Okay.

She felt grateful for her best friend. But even the virtual conversation with Bora couldn't help her restless mind.

She sighed and sat up on the bed. Her stomach grumbled and she eyed the yogurt cup, reconsidering the pros and cons of midnight snack.

She leaned forward to reach to cup, but stopped midway. She couldn't afford gaining another pound, could she? Sojin was way thinner than her, she needed to maintain.

“Eat it Steph. You haven't ate anything all day, have you?”

She jolted in surprise. Choi Seunghyun was perched on the sill outside of her bedroom window, frowning.

'What are you doing here?” Her eyes bulged out as she came closer, regretting her decision of letting the window open a few minutes earlier.

“Seeing you.” He climbed in. Languidly stretched his hands over his head as if getting into a girl's room at midnight was a common exercise for him.

“Get out!” Stephanie ordered in a hiss “My dad is at home.”

“Oh, so you will let me stay if your dad is not around?”

“Get! Out!” Her hands were on her hip now. Her eyes filled with anger.

“Nope.” Seunghyun sat on the bed, bouncing on it. “Not until you tell me why you acted all crazy and stupid on me today.”

“Stupid? You are the one who's beyond stupid!”

“Me?” The tall boy pointed at his chest. “What did I do?”

“Now who's stupid? Don't tell me you don't know what is happening, Choi Seunghyun!”

“Hey! I'm not a magician who can read minds. Unless you tell me what's happening, I will forever be stupid and stay in this room.”

“My father will kill you if he knows you climb up here.”

“Don't care.” He lay on the bed now, didn't even bother to take off his shoes.

“Yah! Get up!” Stephanie pulled at Seunghyun's hands but he was way stronger than her. With one swift tug, Stephanie's body fell flush on top of him.

She was about to protest. But Seunghyun's lips were already claiming hers, silencing her ever so effectively.

It felt so good. So wrong but so nice much like the first kiss they shared in one corner of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter