Chapter 5

Voicemails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Kris #2 

 

“Damn this place is a mess.” Kevin, one of Kris' best-friends since back in their trainee days, walked into the mansion and commented, surveying the mess that the luxurious home had become. He walked further into the house and spotted his friend lounging on the couch, drinking a bottle of wine while brooding quietly. “What the hell are you doing with yourself, Kris?”

 

To the media, the star had been MIA for a little over two weeks now, disappearing from the public and any appearances but to his friends, they knew that Kris had secluded himself in his grand home, shutting the rest of the world out from his life. Kevin understood why but he was still concerned over his friend's well-being. He knew what Kris was like when he was in one of his funks and wanted to be there for his friend.

 

Kris' dull eyes shifted over to Kevin and barely reacted to the man's presence, really not even caring. “What are you doing here?” He asked, just for formality purposes.

“Came to check on you.” Kevin slowly walked towards the drunken man and stared at what his fashionista of a friend had become. Kris Wu, the global icon, looked nothing like the man girls swooned over on television. The man before him now looked and smelt like he hadn't shower in days. And based on his clothing and the condition of the household, in looked like Kris hasn't done anything in days.

 

“I heard about what happened.” The older male cautiously began, swiping all the beer cans that were littered on a couch cushion to the plush carpet instead. He sat down on the now clear spaced and continued to watch his broken friend. “Are you okay?” Kris eyes darkened at the mentioning of the situation and he had to scoff at his friend's words. “What do you think?” Who would be okay when they found out the person you love cheating on you?

 

“So...you two are over?”

Kris didn't answer immediately because he wasn't sure either. His and Hwayoung's relationship status was up in the air at the moment. She wanted a divorce but he hadn't sign the papers yet so technically, they were still husband and wife, even if they weren't living with one another. “Not exactly.” That was the best answer he could give as of now. “She wants to end it but I'm not ready.”

 

“What?” Kevin was in utter disbelief. “She ing cheated on you, Kris. Don't be a ing . She isn't worth it.” Kevin was never a fan of Hwayoung and didn't even approve of their relationship. He simply tolerated her presence for the sake of his best friend. Hwayoung was just a damaged girl with too much baggage who dated his friend for her own personal gain. His only surprise was that she stuck around Kris for so long. He was sure she would have out as much money as she could from the soft-hearted man before leaving.

 

“Maybe...” The younger of the two absently spoke, neither agreeing or disagreeing. He would never admit it because he was too ashamed of the the fact but there were numerous times when he and his friends hung out and all they did was talk about Hwayoung. Kris never imputed any of his own ill words, of course but he was guilty of not stopping them and defending his wife.

“I knew there was a reason why I didn't like her.” Kevin then went on, going on with his rant on the poor girl. “You should have left her long before this, man.”

“Yeah....” Again, he neither rejected or agreed to Kevin's comment, only mindlessly going along on what his friend had to say.

 

 

“Did you find anything?”

 

After Kevin's visit and a few more drinks, Kris had fallen asleep, losing consciousness to alcohol and only woke up to the rude awaken of his phone. He answered almost immediately, thinking it was his wife but no, it was not the girl he had been waited for. Instead, it was someone important too, someone who could help him find Hwayoung.


“The last trace I found of her was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter