Chapter 11

Voicemails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris #4

 

Kris got out of his luxurious, sports car and slammed the door shut, stomping up the driveway that lead to his lavish home. It was an unusually cloudy, cool day for the summer and the weather reflected his mood perfectly. He had spend another day on an empty search for his wife, a single search party that lead to nothing. The city was huge and he wasn't even sure if Hwayoung was even here. She could literally be anywhere in this world and that thought intimidated him.

 

For the past week, every since he found out the real truth, he was doing utterly anything to track his wife down – going to all her favorite spots, their usual hang outs, and even calling a few of her friends. Yet every single one of his ideas were unsuccessful. He still didn’t find her and he still didn’t know where she was. It was an absolute wild goose chase. It had been a good while since Hwayoung left him and for all he knew, she could have left the country by now.

 

Flinging the door shut behind him, Kris kicked his shoes off before crashing onto the large, cushiony couch, ignoring his blaring phone from his worried and frantic manager. Not only did he spend most of his free time trying to track his wife down but he also skipped out on any schedules, events, and appearances that he had during that time. Kris had to learn it the hard way and he was a bit too late now but he realized that his wife was his number one priority.

 

He was a ing screw up as a husband. Kris didn't protect Hwayoung from his obsess fans, he didn't defend her from his belittling mother and friends, and he didn't give her the love and affection that husband should to their wife, the love that she deserved. He was so caught up in his own career that slowly, he pushed Hwayoung aside.

 

His devoted and loving wife had always been by his side through thick and thin. She had always been there for him regardless of the hate she received or how ignorant and standoffish he was. And because she had always been faithful to him, he foolishly took her love for granted. Despite his behavior and actions, he expected for Hwayoung to accept him and no matter what, would continue to be by his side. That thought, that expectation, proved to be one of the biggest mistakes of his life. Because of his arrogant and condescending behavior, he lost his wife.

 

“Where are you, Hwayoung?” Kris wondered aloud as he stared at the black screen of the large television. He wondered how Hwayoung could have possibly disappeared without a trace. They had set up a joint account for their finances and he had checked, nothing was missing. She didn't visit the family doctor anymore and didn't keep in contact with any mutual acquaintances. Hwayoung just....vanished. “Where did you run off too?....”

 

 

“Kris, get up!”

 

The tall, lanky man startled awake with a surprised gasped,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter