Part 6

I don't think so too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ummm mommy? Is there something wrong?"


Chae Yool looked at the four adults who did nothing but stare at one another. "Hey Yuri, why don't we head downstairs and grab some ice cream eh? My treat."


"But..." Once again she looked at the adults. "Okay."


When the kids left, Tiffany was the first one to speak. "Your daughter's name is Yuri too?" And when Jessica did not respond she scoffed. "You got some gutts Jess." She eyed the latter from head to toe. "I see you haven't changed after all."


"I could say the same thing about you Tiff." She finally responded.


"Oh yeah?" She walks closer to her. "Why don't you come a little closer and verify it yourself?"


"Tiff stop." Yuri puts a hand on Tiff's shoulder which she swatted away.


"And you... You really got some acting skills you know. For a minute there I really thought that you were trying your hardest to move on from her." She then takes a look at Jessica from head to toe. "I should've known."


"You should've figured it out earlier." Yuri respsonds. "You know I am only capable of loving her."


"No Yuri. You're also capable of finding someone better. You just won't open your goddamn eyes." She argues back. "Open your eyes Yuri, she's not the one!"


"And who are you to tell me that?"


"Because I know." She spoke with much bitterness in her words that everybody in the room sensed how much she disliked Jessica. "She left you once. Don't you think she's not gonna do it again?" That was when Yuri was silenced. "She's just using you. She doesn't love you anymore and you need to start accepting the fact that people like her likes to play with other people's feelings. She's nothing but a user. That's what she's always has been. And once she's done with you, she's gonna leave you once again. She never cared about you nor us. She-"


"Jessica, why don't you join the kids downstairs. Yuri needs someone to control her sweet tooth." Yuri looks at her lover. "This one will be over really quickly. I promise."

 

Though Jessica didn't want to leave, she believes that her heart could not take it anymore if she stayed inside the room for another minute. She could accept the criticism from an outsider or someone whom she didn't bond with years. She would've let it passed from her one ear to another and not show any emotion because she knows that words ain't true enough to break her. But somehow those familiar words that she hears from time to time felt different when it came from the mouth of Tiffany, her best friend ever since pre-debut. They practically grew up together and knew each others' strengths and weaknesses. It breaks her to see her unbiological sister look at her with much hate so she turns around and leaves the room.


 

Yuri turns to Tiffany after she heard the door closed. "How can you say something like that?"


"Because I know her. Trust me on this."


"I know her too."


"Not as deep as I do." Yuri thought her statement was true. "WAKE UP!" Tiffany screams at her face.


"..."


"She's just playing you! And you're so stupid to fall in her trap that quick!"


"She's not playing me. She came back to make things right between us. Not just in our relationship but as well as her relationship with you guys."


"Took her long enough to finally realize that."


Yuri turns to Taeyeon. "Oh c'mon Tae. Not you too? You have to side with me on this one. You have to believe in me."


"How am I suppose to believe you when you just lied?"


"I wasn't lying!"


"Remember you said when you'll tell this love story of yours when it's pretty serious? Are you telling me that what you have with her is just temporary?"


"No. I love her... And I wanna be with her for the longest time."


"May I remind you Yuri that you were the one who broke up with her. You broke-up with her because you've come to realize that you live in two different worlds. You've broken up with her because you've finally accepted the this long distance stuff with her is not just gonna make it. If it didn't worked out then, what makes you think it will work now?"


"Because we're better people. Time has helped us to become more mature with ourselves and time has taught the both of us that even after all this time, we are still gonna find our way back to one another."


Taeyeon couldn't help but give a sarcastic scoff to Yuri. "Well Yuri, she must've loved you so much that she married Tyler a year after you broke up with her."


"..."


"If time has taught me one thing Yuri, this is all I have to say." Tiffany walks closer to Yuri. "No matter how much you try to make people stay in your life, some will leave. Some will hurt you and some- will use you... And those people, they were the ones who promised to stay. And that is the most painful lesson time has taught me."


"But if you're really insisting that time has made you guys stronger as a couple, and if you truly believe in your heart that she wanna make things right this time then-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why don't you bring her to Korea and tell the news to your family yourself?"

 

"There. All comfortable... Sleep well kids."

 


Yuri kissed both Chae Yool and Yuri's forehead before going down to the kitchen to see Jessica wiping the dishes they used for supper. It was only a few hours after Taeyeon and Tiffany paid a visit to the house and even during dinner, the adults couldn't hide the tension that they were really feeling. Much more with Jessica because Yuri could see right through her.

 

"Hey."


Jessica turns to Yuri who was leaning on the wall. "The kids are already asleep?"


"Yeah."


"Hmmmm... I see." And then she goes back to her job.


Yuri walked towards her and gives her a hug. "If I knew this would happen, we should've extended a day."


"We can't hide to them in forever Yuri. Eventually, we need to tell them about us."


"I know. But it doesn't have to be now does it?"


"Well, can't do anything much about it since it already happened."


"I wish I knew what kind of words were coming out from Tiff's mouth. I should've protected you from them."


"It's alright. I... I was kinda expecting that from her."


"Still she was really low." Yuri pouts. "I wonder why she hates you so much."


"We used to be the bestest of friends." Yuri nods in response. "You think, they'll tell the others?"


"No. I made them promise to do that."


"But in exchange, you have to promise to them one thing right?"


"They want us to go back to Seoul. They want us to tell it to my family."


"Oh..."


"They thought that it was okay to hide things from them. But they've reminded me that my family should know it from me, not from them or anyone else."


Jessica nods in agreement. "I think they're also right."


"I... I don't know."


Jessica turns to her lover. "What's with the hesitations?"


"If we go to Seoul, then you would have to delay your trip back to Hong Kong again. You love your collection. Fashion is your life now."


"No, that's where you are wrong." Jessica cups her cheeks. "You are my life now. And I would do whatever it takes not to lose you again you understand me?"


Yuri sighs as she leans to Jessica. "This is what I don't understand. Why can't they see that you have changed?"


"They're still hurt and I understand them. I mean, if I were them- I'd hate me as well."


Yuri pecks Jessica and hugs her tightly. "I don't hate you."


Jessica smiles. "And I am thankful for that."

 


After the 3 more days in Strasbourg, Jessica along with two Yuri's in her life packed their bags as they head towards Seoul. While they were still waiting for their arrival inside the aircraft, Yuri thought a lot about things in life. She thought a lot about what if's. What if when the plane lands, someone might recognize her or Jessica since she has been under the spotlight longer than her. What if their flight has the same arrival with some recent stars now and the media will be there? What if the media will turn their heads to their familiar figures? What if Jessica's daughter got caught and gets squeezed by the people or worse- what if they lost her while they are finding their way out of the airport? Not to mention what will be her family's reaction regarding her decision about getting back together with Jessica?

Her brother was displeased when he found out that Yuri broke up with Jessica. But he was pissed knowing the reason behind why her sister needed to do that. Yuri didn't want him to know. She didn't want him to change his view about Jessica but it was a little too late because he overheard Yuri's phone conversation with Sunny. He wanted to go to Hong Kong and slap Jessica but gladly, Yuri knocked some sense out of him. Her parents did not took the break up well either. They adored Jessica and even already planned of having her as their future daughter-in-law. Her parents were likeable people and they liked all people... They did not have the "DO NOT LIKE THESE PEOPLE" list but finally after her brother blurted the truth over one family dinner, the name Jessica Jung was probably the first and only person listed on that list.

She had a lot of worries coming home today. Usually, she plans it ahead for about a week and buy stuffs from Strasbourg as a form of gift everytime she comes home. She usually comes back whenever it's a family reunion, her parents' birthday or brother's, Christmas and all sort of Korean family traditions. So coming home in the middle of the winter season might a little come off from them. Gladly Jessica's daughter did not had some trouble understanding their situation. They were glad that Jessica's daughter had a mind of a 34-year old single mother who had been through and been down several times. But despite of her worries in the back of her mind, she still hopes that this flight back home would go well.

 

 

"Here princess wear this one." Jessica's voice woke her up from her thoughts.


"Why do I need to wear this? I'm not sick." She was refusing to wear the cloth face mask.


"Yeah I know that but there might be media once we land."


She then turns to Yuri who already had her face mask on. "Even you superman? They chase you?"


Yuri nods her head. "Just to be safe princess. You never know what's out there."


"Hmmmm.... I see." She gets the face mask and puts it on. "Are we good?"

 

Wearing caps, the three of them waited for the other people to get their lugggages and head down towards the entrance of the airport. They still had to wait at the luggage area to grab some of their remaining bags. Gladly, there wasn't much people inside nor outside the airport. Thank God for early flights Yuri says in her head. So after fetching the last lugggage, they hailed a cab and went to Yuri's house without much of a trouble.

During the ride, Yuri noticed that Jessica was looking really far while playing with her fingers. An act of hers that she does when she's really nervous. She understood what Jessica feels as of the moment. Meeting the family of your ex for the second time to ask their blessing is no joke. So she understood when it took Jessica a minute or two to leave the taxi cab. It took Yuri 10 minutes before actually reaching out for the doorbell located near their gate. It took them another 5 minutes before they could hear the gate being opened from the other side of the house.

 

 

"Omo! Miss Yuri it's been a long time!!!!"


Yuri smiled. "Hey Mrs. Park. It's been a long time indeed."


"Please come inside. Your family will be thrilled when they know you're here!"


"I brought guests with me today." Yuri steps aside and now the caretaker can see Jessica together with her daughter.


Mrs. Park's smile immediately disappears the moment she sees Jessica. "Mrs. Kwon, it's very nice to meet you again." She gives the latter a small bow in respect.


"Thank you for welcoming me Mrs. Park." Jessica gives her a formal bow.


Mrs. Park then diverts her attention to the child. "And who is this beauty?"


"Hi! I'm Jessica's daughter- Yuri." The kid bowed down. "Annyeonghaseyo."


She was surprised to hear the name and then looks at Yuri who just gives her a smile. "Aigoo, you're such a nice kid eh?"


"Speaking of my parents Mrs. Park, are they home?"


"Yes."


"And my brother?"


Mrs. Park nods. "They're having their lunch."


"I see."


"If you want, you can come by some other time. I won't tell them that you visited."


"No." Yuri holds Jessica's hand. "Let's go inside."

 

 

Together with Mrs. Park, the caretaker of the house, they entered the house of the Kwons. Jessica's heartbeat was going beyond her control. She was always like this whenever she meets with Yuri's family. She was now cramming and she feels like her insides were about to explode as Mrs. Park and Yuri heads towards the dining hall to meet the family.

 


"Oh my God Yuri is that you?!" She could hear the joy from the voice of Yuri's mom. "Come here!!!"


"Hey mom, nice to meet you."


"Yah yah yah yah! You might've forgotten your old man!"


Yuri chuckles in the background. "It's nice to still see you up on your feet dad."


"You little rascal! I thought you were coming home for your birthday huh? Why a week late? We were about to fly to Strasbourg to get your out of there!"


"Hyukjun! Language! We are still at the table."


"Sorry oppa. I've been busy a lot so I haven't got the chance to go home and celebrate with you guys."


Little Yuri on the other hand, decides to take a peek. "Hey, don't do that. They might see you." Jessica reprimands.


"Mommy? Is that superman's family she's with now?"


"Yes, that's them."


"And... Are we going to be a part of this family too?"


Looking at her daughter, Jessica smiles. "If you politely greet them, they might consider."


Yuri smiled at her mother. "No problem with that mommy!" She gives her an okay sign.


"Anyway, I've brought some people with me today."


"Well, where are they? Let them come inside so that we could meet them!" With trembling hands- Jessica holds her daughter's hand as they head inside the dining room.

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr. and Mrs. Kwon." She bowed politely. "Annyeonghaseyo oppa." She did another bow to Yuri's brother.


"Wassup Sooyeon." Hyukjun smiles. "What do you have there?"


"We-w-e-w-ell... I've bought some fruits. Yuri to-t-t-t-t-old me you--- you guys like fruits."


Hyukjun smiles. "Aigoo, so cute. Why don't we all sit down and enjoy dinner huh?"


 

 


"So Yuri..." Her dad finally decides to break the awkward silence. "You have to tell us something?"


"Yeah." Yuri coughs. "Mom, dad... Remember how you always told me that I should find someone to call my own and love me for a really, really, really long time?" She takes Jessica's hand and intertwines them with hers. "Well... I think I found that person now."


"Are... Are you telling me that-"


Yuri cuts her father off. "Yes dad. Jessica and I... We're togther. Together as in- in a relationship type of together."


"But Yuri..." Her mother's voice showed much concern. "You're a girl, she's a girl." She pauses for a moment. "I just don't understand how things are going to work between the two of you guys."


"It's still a normal relationship mom. We will both work to figure things out."


"Are you really sure about this honey? I mean, this could be considered as a phase or-"


"Believe it or not- I've been in love with her for 2 years now." Yuri smiles. "And I'm not sure if you call that as a phase still." She looks at her mother.


"And what about you Sooyeon? Do-do you love my daughter long enough to not be considered as a phase?"


"I've always been attracted to your daughter Mrs. Kwon... And I believe that attraction turned into admiration and then finally- into something deeper." Jessica answers. "I've been through phase believe me. And as much as I try to get out everytime- I just can't. I really am in love with your daughter."


"I... I don't know." Yuri's father sighs. "I mean- how do you want us to take this?"


"I know the news shocked you guys. It felt the same too when we told my parents about our relationship. But coming here, I promise you that no matter how tough it might be, through ups or down, I'll always love your daughter. Because just like what she said to you guys, I've finally found someone who's gonna accept me for me and who's gonna love me for a really, really, really long time." Jessica pauses for a while and then looks at her lover's family. "I am still that same Jessica Jung that Yuri introduced you as her bandmate. The only difference is that- she introduced me as someone whom she sees spending the rest of her life with. And you know me, even if you'll be against us now, I'll do whatever I can just for you guys to accept us."

 


 

"Well, well, well. Look who's here." Hyukjun scoffed. "Really Yuri? Is this some kind of joke? This is bull-"


"Hyukjun, language." Mr. Kwon says.


"Whatever." He rolls his eyes. "What is the meaning of this then?"


"I came here to-"


"What is your name child?" Yuri's mom interrupts her daughter's speech.


"My... My..." She hides behind Jess' back. "My name's Yuri. Kwon Yuri." There was a huge silence that filled the room.


"Mrs. Park?"


"Y-y-yes Mrs. Kwon?"


"Can you please and be with little Yuri upstairs for a little while?"


"O-okay." She then kneels down to face Yuri. "Do you like books? We have lots of books here."


"Y-y-you do?"


Mrs. Park nods. "Come with me, maybe we can read some while the adults are talking."

 


Finally, Yuri agrees and grabs Mrs. Park's hand and left the room. The silence still continued until Mr. Kwon breaks it with a huge sigh and drank a lot of water. Jessica didn't know what to say either. She doesn't know where to start or how to start in explaining things to Yuri's family.

 


"You're so stupid you know that?" Yuri's brother speaks. "I thought you were doing fine there! How did you let yourself fall into her trap once again?" He looks at Jessica from head to toe. "She can't be considered as human after what she has done to you!"


"Hyukjun I said watch it!" Mr. Kwon reminds his eldest.


"I don't care ok?! Reprimand me all you want but that's not going to change the fact that I hate her so much! I don't care if my words cur through her skin or if she's hurt with every letter that comes out from my mouth! Do you expect me to just stand here and clap for them while letting her fool my little sister again?!"


"That's the problem oppa, I am not your little sister anymore. I am big and mature enough to make my own decisions."


"And you think getting back with her is being mature?! No Yuri! Being mature is opening your eyes to the truth! She might be just using you right now and you don't even know it because you're too in love and too stupid to notice that!!!" He explains. "If you're mature enough, then you would've realized that getting back with her is like repeating history."


"Oh you mean just like what you're doing with your life? You keep coming back to that woman of yours that left you countless times and only comes back when she's out of money and you- BEING THE MATURE YOU always accepts her. Is that how you want me to decide for my own life?!"


"Why you!!!" Her brother starts marching towards her and Yuri prepares herself for the slap of her lifetime.


"ENOUGH!!!!" Their father finally screams.


"No- let him be!" She looks at him straight in the eye. "Go ahead. Slap me, punch me, insult me. Call me whatever you want but I won't care... It won't change the fact that she's the only one who could make me so happy. I still love her can't you see that?" Her brother shut himself and waits for her to continue. "Whether you like it or not- Jessica and I are back together and there's nothing you can do to change it."


"So what are you doing here then? Clearly we oppose your relationship."


Jessica squeezed Yuri's hand. "It may not matter to Yuri what you might think about us but it does matter to me." She paused and collected her thoughts. "And I'd do whatever it takes for you guys to bless our relationship again."


"Should I knock your head off to make you remember something huh?" Hyukjun looks at her. "You said that to us the first time you came and asked for our blessing. So I'm not sure whether we should believe you or not."


"I... I understand that but regardless of how much you hate me now- I am still willing to try."


"Good luck with that. Crows would have to be white for me to give you my blessing."


They were silent for a while. "If you're that willing Jessica..." All eyes were on Mr. Kwon right now. "Mrs. Park would be leaving for three days. We need someone-"


"You're making her as our helper?!" Yuri says in disbelief.


"Do you think of Mrs. Park as that way now Yuri?" Yuri avoids her father's gaze. "Mrs. Park's job is just to cook, freshen up the house and trim the garden. It's just for three days. I am not telling her to be brave and offer herself to the lions am I?" He looks at Jessica. "So- are you up for the challenge?"

 

The Kwons left for a family dinner and they still have some matters to discuss which leaves Jessica, Mrs. Park and Yuri all alone in the house. Mrs. Park invited the two of them to come down and have dinner and clearly all of them enjoyed her cooking. Although the meal was covered with silence, they just enjoyed the tastiness of the food. Having silence around between Mrs. Park and Jessica before was impossible. They have always been good friends since Jessica knew most of Yuri's childhood past through Mrs. Park. But now everything changed and Jessica just can't help but blame herself for it.

When dinner was finished, Jessica offered to help with the dishes but Mrs. Park refuses to take the offer and now she leaves the kitchen and heads up to Yuri's room to handle some of her business stuff, leaving the kid and Mrs. Park all alone inside the kitchen.

 

"Mrs. Park?" The woman turns to the child. "Can I help?"


"It's fine child. Go to your mother." Mrs. Park tried to smile at her.


"Can I just atleast try? I'm really good at drying the dishes."

 


Mrs. Park's heart warmed at the words of Yuri. It seems like she remembered the old Yuri telling that to her when she arrived at the house for the first time. She remembered how Yuri welcomed her 20 years ago. She remembered the smile Yuri gave her that night and how warm that smile was so Mrs. Park nods her head which made the kid's smile grow even wider. While they were washing the dishes, Mrs. Park though the kid would bombed her with questions about the history of Jessica and Yuri's family but instead all she got was silence. She wondered what was going through the kid's mind as she looks at Yuri with such wonder.

 


"Here, let me help you with that." Mrs. Park offered Yuri help with cleaning herself up. "There, all done."


"Thank you Mrs. Park."


"No, thank you for helping me. You are such a nice kid."


"No Mrs. Park." She looks at the old lady. "Thank you for giving me a chance to help you. I just hope that you'd do the same for my mom."


Mrs. Park's eyebrows furrowed. "Pardon?"


"I know my mother has done some harsh things to superman before and I understand if some of you hate her or despise her for it. But can I ask that you do not look at her with much hate? Yes, she may have left supermand so alone and sad years ago but she came back. She came back and now she's trying to correct all of her mistakes in the past. I just hope that you and superman's family could see beyond her mistakes and see her efforts of making things right. Because even though she has changed- I still believe that my mom's love for superman never faded away. And I hope- you, and the others would see that someday."

 

It was already 10PM and Yuri is fast asleep in the bed while I try to be awake and wait for my other Yuri to come home from their family dinner. Even though in the Kwon dictionary coming home late meant coming home early tomorrow morning- I still decided to wait for her because honestly, only 'till she arrives and I'd be in her arms can I sleep really well. So just to pass the time by, I decided to finish my final designs and email it to my staff in Hong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter