Chapter 7

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Seungwan-ah! Sooyoung-ah!” Joohyun greeted her besties as she entered their class.

 

“G’morning!”

 

“Good morning!” The two greeted back in unison.

 

“Looks like someone’s in a good mood.” Sooyoung snorted when she saw the bunny greeted some other students who waved back at her.

 

Joohyun reached her sit and turned to the two who then emerged her space, studying her curiously.

 

“What?”

 

“Did something happen?” Seungwan asked whispering.

 

“What do you mean?” Joohyun tilted.

 

“Did yo- OH MY GOD DID YOU KICK SEULGI OUT I SWEAR TO GOD JOOH-“ The satan’s eyes were bulging.

 

“OH MY GO-“ There goes the hamster’s expressions again.

 

“YAH!“ Joohyun motioned them to calm down when some of their classmates eyed them. “Calm down! I didn’t!” She whispered a little too loudly.

 

The two then heaved out sighs of relief, dropping their shoulders as Sooyoung had her hands under Seungwan’s table and was about to flip it. She slapped her hands away.

 

“Then?” The satan rubbed her hand as she raise a brown to the bunny.

 

“Ahh it’s nothing. Seulgi has a been very good bear lately.” Joohyun smiled.

 

“Okay, so?” The hamster demanded more.

 

“Well.. that’s it?” Joohyun was unsure about what her besties was trying to dig in. She just shrugged.

 

“I thought the bear was a good kid from the start.” Sooyoung pouted as she recalled their last interactions with each other.

 

“Of course she is a good kid! But y’know.. She’s a bit- No! A lot dense! And too literal about our world.” Her besties looked at each other before mouthing an ‘O’.

 

“But she’s been very obedient lately! She listens to me well now.” Joohyun continued with a smile.

 

“Hmm. Speaking of the bear, what did she do anyway? How is she?” Sooyoung leaned back on her chair.

 

“She’s fine.. She just asked a lot.”

 

“Duh. I mean what happened after we left? Have you fell in ove with her or something?” What the satan said caught Seungwan’s attention as she wiggled her eyebrows while smirking at Joohyun. She blushed.

 

“Wha- What are you talking about??? Me?? Pshhhhh, please.” Joohyun tried to deny them, waving her hands vigorously in front of them.

 

“Righttttt.” The two smirked while throwing gaze at each other before burst out laughing.

 

Before Joohyun could protest, Mrs. Shin had already step into their class based on all the rushing they heard inside the class, indicating their lesson is about to start.

 

“Idiots, why are you guys even my friends..” She grunted after turning her chair back to the front. The two giggled. “We love you too!”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Joohyun was right. Seulgi has been behaving very well for the past few days.

 

She didn’t run nor bleed her nose. Cause she knows it’ll make her precious master upset.

 

Seulgi is getting more and more used to her surroundings now. Well, except for the outside world. Joohyun wouldn’t allow the bear to step out of the house. Poor little thing. But Seulgi has come to know that Joohyun was just doing so for her safety.

 

Seulgi didn’t mind.

 

Plus, she has all the entertainment provided at the house. For example, a sketchbook and a pencil that Yeri bought for her.

 

Yeri had notice, everytime Seulgi walked pass the painted canvas on the wall, she would stare on it for a good 5 minutes while tracing it with her fingers, before walking to the empty wall next to it to hug it.

 

So, without Joohyun knowing, Yeri has bought her with the said items.

 

With the help of “Drawing For Toddlers.” On Youtube, Yeri had to at least put a little effort for the bear. She can’t just draw random lines across the pages.

 

When Seulgi had learn how to draw a bear with a body of a stickman, she got excited. Too thrilled, to the point that she ran to Joohyun when she just got home from the library, tripped herself again over nothing on her way and accidently slapped the sketchbook on the bunny’s face.

 

Her next entertainment on list is the great television.

 

Everytime Joohyun wanted to head out, she would just turn on to some cartoons and Seulgi would get off the wall immediately and sit herself right in front of the box. All her attentions would emerge the colourful characters, but of course, not after explaining what cartoon means to the bear.

 

Joohyun also taught her how to read. It was hell at first until her heroine dongsaeng came and smacked her on the back of her neck.

 “JUST SHOW HER SOME VIDS ABOUT ABCs, FOR GOD’S SAKE.”

“Oh.”

 

And that’s when “Reading for Dummies.” came to her mind.

 

Ever since then, Seulgi would read everything that she sees in the form of words or sentences in the house, not caring what they mean because- “I’ll buy you more Pringles if you’re determined!”

She’ll sometimes read the back packets of their instant ramyeons too.

 

But right now, due to out of sketch pages, Seulgi’s just switching channels on the television while munching on a can of Pringles.

 

“Aaaaahhhh what is this empty feeling?????” She whined.

 

She gave up and stopped switching the channels as there are no more cartoons airing. She crawled to the tv and held its side. “Bring back Spongebob!!!” She whined louder.

 

The bear didn’t even realized where she stopped switching when it landed on a French drama. She can hear people yelling. She slowly crawled back to her last position while gazing on the screen.

 

“What is this?” She stares as a man in the drama yelled at  a woman, but she can’t understand a thing, because it’s in French.

 

The woman yelled back something to the man with a finger pointed out at him that’s shuts the man immediately. Then, the woman turned around, crossing her arm with an upset look on her face.

 

Seulgi tilted her head as the scene reminded her of something. “Oh!” She snapped her fingers.

 

“This is like when Joohyun got angry with Ddeulgi and Yeri.” She said gaping at the scene.

 

“That’s Joohyun..” She pointed at the woman, “..and that’s  Ddeulgi and Yeri!” She dragged her finger across the glass, exclaiming to her imaginary friend.

 

“Did you bleed your nose too?..” Seulgi’s voice trailed off with a frown when she sees the man’s looks of regret.

 

The man placed his hand on the woman’s shoulder, trying to turn her around but the woman only shrugged his hand off, rather roughly. He then tried to turn her again,  but forcefully this time and finally succeeded.

 

Seulgi had her eyes widen when the man crashed his lips on the woman’s and the woman stopped resisting immediately. Seulgi just stared at the liplocking session by the two before she dropped her gaze on her Pringles.

 

“Oh?” She scratched her nape.

 

“So all Ddeulgi have to do to stop making J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter