Chapter 27

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: excuse my typo lmao

---

 

 

“are you sure about this?” 

 

“mhm! why not?” 

 

“because… because i don’t know…”

 

“Hyunnie, i know what you’re thinking but I’m not the clumsy old bear that I’m used to be” Seulgi cups her girlfriend’s cheeks, leaning in to peck her lips. “and it’s all thanks to you and your patience”

 

Joohyun sighs. She just can’t seem to bring herself to believe that Seulgi is finally getting herself a part-time job at the The Velvet café, courtesy to Sooyoung’s nonstop compliment on her talent and how her handsomeness can garner people of both gender into the café, “you can get promoted fast! And drink all the coffee you make!” as the Satan said.

 

They’re not lies though, Sooyoung is right, Seulgi’s almost too perfect (already to Joohyun) that anything is possible, or she just want to take advantage of the bear so that she can get a free coffee whenever she visits her in the café.

 

“I know, but… I’m just worried.” Joohyun pouts.

 

“babe, it’s been a week since I work there and you’re still baby-ing me, not that I’m complaining though because I love it when you baby me, but there’s nothing to worry about. Plus, Tzuyu is there to help me if needed” 

 

Yep, it’s the truth. It has been exactly 6 days, today included as it is Monday (luckily her job only requires her to come at 8 in the morning until 3, an hour after Joohyun’s classes end if she’s not in duty. Leaving her the weekends to spend times with Joohyun), and it’s also been like this, Joohyun whining about Seulgi’s well-being when she’s not in her sight, every time they’re both about to leave for their respective destination.

 

Moreover, eventhough it’s been a week since the last incident at the Zoo. That was it, there was nothing more, they should be glad but Joohyun just has a bad feeling to it.

 

Joohyun scoffs at the mention of the certain worker.

 

“besides, I haven’t made mistake, if you exclude my training process”

 

“but-“

 

Seulgi cuts her off with a kiss, long enough to soften Joohyun’s tense body.

 

“MOVE, PEPUR” Yeri suddenly barges between the two while waving a toast. “COME ON, MOVE IT PEPUR I DON’T WANNA BE LATE JUST BECAUSE MY GUARDIANS CAN’T STOP EATING EACHOTHER’S FACE”

 

“Bae Yeri!” Joohyun blushes furiously.

 

“oh please, unnie like it has never happened before.” Yeri groans, shaking her head rather harshly as not wanting to recall the past incident making Seulgi laughs.

 

they continued preparing to go out, turning off unnecessary plugs and cleaning whatever is it needed to be cleaned, step outside, locks the door and start walking together.

 

 

---

 

 

they walked down the same path as Seulgi’s workplace just a few blocks away from Joohyun’s school so they always drop Yeri to her school first, then Seulgi before Joohyun reaches hers.

 

“yo!”

 

“hey, Seul, Joohyun” Sooyoung and Seungwan waved at them enthusiastically.

 

“hello!” Seulgi greets back matching their spirit while Joohyun waves back.

 

“since Seulgi is here…. how ‘bout a free coffee or two?” The satan shamelessly grins, rubbing her hands together while leaning close to Seulgi.

“YOU LITTLE PIECE OF-“

 

“sorry Sooyougie I thought I told you I can’t do anything while im not in duty… just yet.” Seulgi smiles apologetically while peeking at vintage looking clock inside the café through the glass door.

 

“aw dang it, I thought bunny here told you to lie to me as i- OUCH WOMAN WHAT THE HECK.”  Sooyoung rubs the sore spot where Joohyun had jabbed her hard.

 

“i said nothing nor have i participated in anything” Seungwan shrugs.

 

the daily banter didn’t last long as time is running, Joohyun gives her girlfriend another soft peck alongside her take care of yourself, don’t do anything stupid nor flirt with anybody! And a goodbye before they part.

 

“Good morning, Tzu- eh? Mina?” Seulgi was about to greet her senior worker in charge but instead was greeted by a smile from the said girl.

 

“Good morning, Seulgi! Tzuyu wasn’t lying about you always arriving an hour early! Such inspirational!” Mina compliments her animatedly with pure admiration all while pumping her fists.

 

Seulgi chuckles at the girl.

 

“thanks, but not really, I just wanted to walk together with Joohyun.”

 

“oh? Who’s Joohyun? is that your girlfriend?”

 

“yes!” Seulgi nods proudly.

 

“aw that’s so sweet, I wish I could do that with Nayeon sometimes” the latter murmurs but Seulgi faintly hears it.

 

“wait, who?-“

 

“oh you must be wondering why I’m here instead of Tzuyu. She said she has something going on that she wants me to open the café. So she should be replacing you after your shift ends.” 

 

“ah okay…” the bear nods understandingly while carefully folding up the sleeves of her white buttoned up (one of the requirements for workers at The Velvet).

 

“is there anything I can do at the moment?” she asks as she wears their signature apron.

 

“there’s only a few customers her and I already serve them all, how ‘bout you whip us a couple of your infamous caramel macchiato before anything else? I heard it from Tzuyu that you made the best ones so far~” Mina sings, obviously excited to taste it.

 

“I’ve been here only for a week, Mina, she’s overreacting- but get us slices of cakes too? I’m pretty sure Tzuyu won’t mind?” they both snickers at this and Mina proceeds to give her a salute!

 

“no prob!”

 

 

---

 

 

Joints were cracked as the dark-haired girl finished arranging the last book on the shelf.

 

“uhh” is all that came out of after she finishes cracking all the joints she can’t think of at the moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter