Chapter 18 (+ BONUS!)

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe it was the constant ringing in her ears caused by the trickling sound of the rain that falls on the roof of Hirai’s resident?

 

 

Maybe it was the cold atmosphere from it that send chill down her spine coupled with the aircond set on medium level?

 

Maybe it was the food that Momo fed her during their quick out in the night market that is making her stomach feels slightly uncomfortable?

 

Maybe it has something to do with the way Nayeon looked at her with a tint of disappointment that is unbalancing her whole nature?

 

Or maybe, just maybe, it was Joohyun’s action and words that are making her feel all of those waves of emotion at once?

 

Seulgi doesn’t know.

 

Luckily for Joohyun, the last event didn’t end with a massacre as Momo was too focused on dragging Seulgi away from the rain, nagging her along for staring at nothing.

 

Nothing.

 

Also luckily for Nayeon, she didn’t get caught red-handed.

 

Back at the night market, where she was dragging her master away, it started to rain after a few causing the latter to throw tantrum for separating her and Seulgi.

 

Just imagine the heartbreak she went through.

 

However,

 

Unluckily for Nayeon, she’s not Seulgi. She can’t leave.

 

The confused one isn’t sure of what she’s thinking at the moment or even what she’s doing, it’s like her state of mind is on autopilot. She could either be wondering around the house, or knocking on a serial killer’s door.

 

Seulgi has been staring at the glass of water since they she had finish pouring it, since they got home.

 

The water somehow tempted her as if was a big mistake that she did.

 

“Seulgi!” a voice echoed making Seulgi jolt, finally piercing its way through her hearing between the noisy rain sound.

 

It was raining vigorously, somehow its disturbing Seulgi as if it is alerting her about something bad. Seulgi is worried without herself knowing why.

 

“Seulgi!” the person shouts again. It was about time for Seulgi to grab the glass but a part of her tells her otherwise. It’s just a glass of water, why am I afraid? She thought. Shaking all the idea away, she quickly grabs it and makes her way.

 

Stopping at a door, she opens it revealing the bathroom, she got the wrong room. Speeding to another door, it is yet another wrong room, “eh?” Seulgi tilts her head looking at all the cleaning supplies in the storage.

 

“what is wrong with me” she scratches her head while walking to another room, which is fortunately the right one as she opens the door revealing two figures inside. Nayeon was sitting on the bed while Momo was working on something on her desk.

 

“sorry…” Seulgi hands the glass to Momo who just turned her chair and smiles, “it’s okay” she pats her cheek after taking a sip.

 

Seulgi felt warm, but it’s not because of her doings.

 

“Now to finish off everything,” when Momo turns back her chair, she grabs her phone and began typing something with a smirk. Seulgi notices a sketchbook and a few coloured pens on her desk, she nonchalantly pokes them.

 

She looks over to Nayeon who just shrugs as if she has no idea about anything, or just pretending? She knows her master well and all those intentions behind those smirks, and so she speaks, “I think it’s time for you to go to bed”

 

“It’s still too early.”

 

“…it’s rainin-“

 

“Nayeon” Momo gives a firm look, “I know what I’m doing, okay?” she turns back to her phone, “plus, school is still closed. Thanks to one our dearest friend” there goes the smirk again.

 

“Momo..”

 

The said girl closes her phone and puts a hand on her desk rather loudly, it was enough to make the two startle. “Are you going to fight me now? In front of Seulgi??Really now??”Nayeon shook her head, glancing at Seulgi.

 

Not missing anything, she calls for Seulgi.

 

“I think I have enough of you now, get out, Nayeon” the poor girl can only nod and obey, leaving the room as told with her head hang low.

 

Seulgi was eye-ing her the whole scene, she felt bad for her, how down she looks until Momo cups her cheeks, turning her around.

 

“You, on the other hand, won’t do that right? Going against things I wanna do?”

 

Seulgi swallows hard before nodding.

 

So Nayeon had been stopping her? From what?

 

“Good” Momo closes the gap between their lips as Momo slides her hands down to hold Seulgi’s. The latter feels odd to her stomach, “good” she repeats before pulling Seulgi closer.

 

The bear unconsciously backs away, placing her hands on Momo’sshoulders, she blinks rapidly, her guts telling that it’s a mistake as she confusedly creates a gap back between them. Prepared on whatever was about to be thrown at her, maybe a tantrum, Seulgi shuts her eyes, but instead

 

“Huh… I’ll let you off this time.” She returns back to her seat, continuing on writing where she left from.

 

She did let her off the hook, be that as it may, Hirai Momo wasn’t famous for her temper and level of patient, because when the next thunderclap strikes, Seulgi’s instinct had ruined her work.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Joohyun isn’t crying. No. She’s simply recalling what happened back then.

 

To regret or not to regret?

 

Because nothing works, everything went downhill.

 

“I know this has effect on normal kinds but I don’t know if it’ll work on Seulgi. But it’s best to take shot.”

 

It didn’t work. Joohyun is on the edge of giving up. Nayeon was their last hope, but if she doesn’t have any further information, then what’s there to fight for?

 

Her mind is tired, no matter how smart she is.

 

It’s a hunt for one in a million.

 

The living room was like an out of bound area, she clasps her ears as a thunderclap booms, although its merely putting her hands on her ears, it wasn’t Joohyun who usually do it, at least for herself.

 

Feeling scared, she decided it’s best to check up on Yeri although the little has no fears unlike her unnie, but it’ll probably help to ease her a little.

 

Yerihas already dozed off to dreamland. Her body was all rolled up with her Hello Kitty blanket. Joohyunsaw the twitches in her expressions, she quickly sits herself on the edge of the bed and caresses her hair in hope to calm whatever the little one is dreaming.

 

“…Seulgi unnie…”

 

Joohyun momentarily stop caressing,

 

Seulgiunnie? Did she just labelled Seulgi as an unnie?

 

 She couldn’t believe the amount of affection Yeri has towards the bear.

 

Joohyun blames herself.

 

Just after she pecks her dongsaeng’s forehead, her phone vibrated in her pocket signalling an incoming call.

 

She got out of the door as not to disturb Yeri, “hello?” she answers while closing the door behind her.

 

“Joohyun? You okay?”Sooyoung gapes, “ok that was a stupid question I’m sorry-“

 

“Nah, it’s okay I’m fine..” she lies.

 

“Joohyun!!”Seungwan comes into the line, it sounds like she was struggling to grab the phone from Sooyoung.

 

“you idiot, I’ll just put it on loud speaker, CALM DOWN WOMAN!”

 

A few seconds later, the sound of the rain can be heard from the other line.

 

“It’s raining hard, are you sure you’re okay? We can go there if-“

 

“No nono! it’s fine, really!” Joohyun smiles inwardly at how caring her besties can be never mind the fact how satanic they can get.

 

“well if you say s- OUCH DON’T ELBOW ME!”

 

“YOU SATAN- I mean, Joohyun, have you heard?”

 

“heard what?” she knits her brows.

 

“someone actually sent the recording to the school’s authorities and guess who getting suspended? that seahorse guy you had been crushing on- OUCH!! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU”

 

“DON’T BE LIKE THAT- but yeah, the recording someone sent you, it’s gonna get bogum suspended”

 

Joohyun groans in annoyance, “ing hate him now.and good for him”

 

“aye, that’s the spirit!”Sooyoung whistles.

 

“but wait, I thought the angle was giving out wrong impressions, how-“

 

“that’s why, the news spread like wild fire! A few students and our seniors, or to be specific, Bogum’s old ‘targets’ have finally stepped up and revealed the truth about his ill intentions, polluting his reputation rapidly like a drop of ink on a glass of milk” both of them snickers.

 

“perfect.” Joohyun grits her teeth.

 

“I KNOW RIGHT??”

 

“and, I’m pretty sure, this is all Momo’s plan. I mean like, look at all this mess! Who else is to be blamed?”

 

Joohyun’s said nothing after listening to Sooyoung’s statement.

 

“hold on, how can you be so sure? If Bogum founds out, he’ll just tell on her to the school and they’ll both get suspended?”Seungwan questions the person beside her.

 

She’s right, how can she plan something stupid that can back fire her easily?

 

“Ahhh, my friends, think about it!”Sooyoung ushers them both.

 

“Jump into conclusion, please”

 

“by then, will anyone believe him?

 

Joohyun was close to choking when Sooyoung actually outsmart them, she feels dumb.

 

“plus, he’s at the hospital now, Bomi just texted me that and there’s a high chance he’ll get suspended, like duh. These mean that his points will be deducted to negative and his position will be eliminated!”

 

“Dude…”

 

“I may be the most beautiful person you’ll ever meet but that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter