Chapter 11

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I change my writing style a bit. Bear with me.

 

---

 

It was a typical Saturday morning for the Baes whereas they don’t have any classes or extra ones to attend, no groceries to do because they’re still in stock and both of them don’t have any plans with their friends to hangout. Except now, Seulgi has become part of the household, so it’s less typical now.

 

Of course, being the good-in-grades students they are, a day off like this means to finish all of the homework and assignments given for the weekend.

 

On the other hand, Seulgi who just finished her daily television time has nothing to do than to walk back and fro, like how she’s doing now in front of Yeri who’s currently watching her as she was a very interesting sport section on the channel while munching on a jar of cookie, taking a short break from dwelling with her papers scattered across the dining table.

 

“What are you doing?” Seulgi who had her eyes on her feet the whole time raises her head upon the question thrown. “Walking?” The bear scratches her nape when Yeri continue to stare at her in amusement.

 

She then walks over to the latter and sat in front of her, supporting her chin with both hands. “Ddeulgi is bored. Play with Ddeulgi.” The bear pouts obviously very bored with walking now.

 

“Sorry baby bear,” Yeri cleaned her hands before leaning to pinch Seulgi’s right cheek. “I still have some papers to finish. Maybe next time?” She pulls back and turns her attention to the said work.

 

“Okay…” Seulgi slowly pull back and stand up. “I’ll just play with Wally.” With two slumped shoulder, she walks over to the wall and hugs it. Yeri can only chuckle. “Have fun.”

 

A few minutes later, Joohyun makes her appearance from upstairs, carrying a small pile of books and papers combined in her hands, probably her assignments to be finished.

 

A thud can be heard when Joohyun dumped her stuff on the table in the living room, making Seulgi snap out of her comfort against the wall.

 

“Joohyun, welcome home!” Seulgi detached herself and skips to the latter with a cheerful greet accompanied by a wide grin that makes her eyes disappears, the one that she always spawn whenever she sees her master.

 

“I didn’t go out, Seulgi.” Joohyun stated lazily, throwing herself on the couch heaving a sigh afterwards. Not affected by her tone, Seulgi only sit next to her and lays her head on Joohyun’s thighs. Her master’s warmth is the best, she once claimed.

 

Unexpectedly, Joohyun didn’t push her away. She only closes her eyes while putting a hand on top of Seulgi’s cheek, not that Seulgi is complaining. “Play with Ddeulgi?” She changes her position to face Joohyun, but she didn’t reply.

 

“Joohyun?” Her calls remain unanswered. The bear pulls both of her master’s hands and put them on her cheeks before calling once again.

 

“Joohyun? Are you okay?” Seulgi stood up, somehow Joohyun’s hands feels oddly different. She cups her cheeks this time, making Joohyun open her eyes slowly but still expressionless.

 

“Yeriii,” Seulgi calls, the pair of worried eyes still in contact with Joohyun’s, “Something is wrong with Joohyun.”

 

“Hm? What do you mean?” Yeri asks back still on her position.

 

“She’s… hot.”

 

“Seulgi, stop flirting.” The squirtle retorted.

 

“What is a flirting?” Seulgi peeks at her this time.

 

The latter only blinks after Seulgi’s honest question before walking to the two in the living room. Joohyun’s expression remains the same when eye Yeri. Seeing the slight pink tint on her cheeks, she puts a hand on her unnie’s forehead and the other on her own.

 

“Unnie, you caught a cold.” The younger holds her by the shoulders, stating the obvious worriedly.

 

“I think so…” Joohyun says weakly.

 

“But… How?” Yeri tilts her head.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

“Yeri, have you seen my umbrella?” Joohyun shouted, she was busy digging through the lower cabinets of the shelves on the corridor looking for the said item.

 

“It’s on the usual spot!” Yeri shouted back from the kitchen.

 

“But there’s nothing here!” The latter checked the spot where she last saw her pink umbrella for the nth time that morning. “How am I gonna go to school under this weather?” She stomped her feet in anger.

 

“That can’t be, who else would take you umbrella?” Yeri made her next to her unnie to make sure she was not lying. It took a few moments before they realized someone else exists in their house.

 

They both then ran to the bear in the living room. Seulgi was lying on the floor, trying to fight off the sleepiness so that she can kiss bid her master goodbye before taking off.

 

“Seulgi?” Joohyun called carefully.

 

“Hm? Are Joohyun and Yeri going already?” She rubbed her eyes and stood up quickly.

 

“By any chance, did you…. Take my umbrella?” They both eyed the bear.

 

“Umbrella? What is that?”

 

“The thing that was inside a pink cylinder placed under the cabinet over there.” Yeri pointed at the shelves.

 

“Ah- That was an umbrella? I thought it was Pringles! HAHAHAHA-“ Seulgi laughed but they siblings only looked at each other.

 

“Well, did you take it?” Joohyun asked hopefully. Seulgi only nodded gleefully.

 

“Where is it now?”

 

“I thought it was Pringles but it wasn’t, so Ddeulgi threw it away because it was making Ddeulgi unhappy.” The bear chirped as if it was the most normal thing to say.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“Oh. Yeah. Now I remembered.”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“Is Joohyun okay, Yeri?” The bear’s frown is very visible now as she asks. “Apparently, unnie is sick…,” The latter looks over her tilting in confusion. “Which means, she’s not healthy.”

 

“WHATTTT” Seulgi grabs her tight by the shoulder. “DON’T DIE ON DDEULGII ASDFGHJKLQWERTYUIO!!!” She shakes her vigorously.

 

“Stop that!” For someone who’s weak the sound of the smack landed on the bear’s forehead was quite loud, sending her tumbling over the couch and to the floor.

 

“Oh what to do!” Seulgi panics as she runs around in circles, ignoring the pain on her forehead.

 

“Don’t overwork yourself, it’s just a cold.” Joohyun groans. “A really bad one.” Yeri continues when she saw her sister coughs rather loudly. “You should lay down for today. Seulgi help me out while I arrange her stuff.”

 

Being the loyal bear she is, helping out the siblings has become one of her chivalry, though some tasks were poorly done, it didn’t stop her. Heck, it doesn’t affect her at all, except for Joohyun’s constant yelling. So, there she is, helping Joohyun to lean back on the couch. Feeling a little bit under the weather today, she didn’t arg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter