Chapter 1

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school bell rang and echoed throughout the classes in the hall indicates the first half of the typical school day has ended and its every students' favourite 

part of their daily school life is here once again, the good ol' reccess. Or a moment of freedom as they like to call it.

Sighs of relief, the loud ones and the almost inaudible ones, shuffling of books and shoes, as well as grumble of stomaches can be heard coming from the tired students. They then rushed quickly out from their respective classes to the heavenly side of the school, we all know very well where it is. 

Except for a fellow student who doesn't really like to rush like the others because it's "unappropriate.", followed by her two loyal bestfriends.

"hhnngmsfjnjks-" Bae Joohyun groaned stretched her arms in relief, trying to ease the aches she felt after copying whatever the teacher wrote infront of her non-stop until God has decided to spare her life by flicking whoever's head to ring the bell.

"tired much?" one of her bestfried turned her chair around after hearing her groan and a crack. "and why aren't you, Wan-ah?" Joohyun threw her a question, more like a whining, with a slight pout. It really confuses her sometimes, she has rarely seen her dearest friend with any fatigue in her, always with this bright aura around her no matter if its after class of after tests. 

"She's not tired, Seungwan. She's just old." the other one grabbed a chair and sat next to Joohyun. Not before receiving a glare from the said old one.

"Shut up, Sooyoung. We're the same age." She huffed, rolling her eyes. Seungwan, a.k.a 'Wan-ah', giggled at the sight of the two, "Maybe you're right." she teased just to receive a glare from her. "We're just kidding! Shall we go now? Bomi's gonna steal all of my precious chicken and it'll all be your fault!" Sooyoung dramatically points at Joohyun while her other hand is ,also dramatically, on her chest. They then make their way to the cafeteria.

Joohyun furrowed her eyebrows, "That never happened." she mumbled. "If you keep being like this, they'll also steal all the banana milk! Don't you feel sorry for yourself??" Sooyoung exaggerated out the last part. The oldest flinched at the thought of her favourite drink being taken away. It's like, the only happiness on her plate was not there when she needed it the most. And by that she meant continuing the next class after reccess. 

But she stopped her step, earning Seungwan and Sooyoung's attention. "Wait, what do you mean by 'keep being like this?'? keep being what?" Sooyoung turned to Seungwan, who turned back to her and grinned. "Being a granny."

And with that, their little chase begun and they reached the cafeteria a little earlier than they usually did.

Yes, thats Bae Joohyun's daily life. 

But she doesn't complain. She thinks its pretty decent, a little boring but it's fine.

The boring part is of course, none other than going to school, learning a little bit of this and a little bit of that in the morning till noon, fetching her younger sister, Yeri, from her school and went back home together. Do chores after that sometimes, like how a mother would do, doing laundry, cooking meals, helping Yeri with her homework, et cetera. 

And the cycle went on. 

Joohyun live alone with her little sister. Their parents are in the US, leaving them both in Korea. It's not that they 'left' them out of nonsense purposes, It's just that they're working. "Adult matters." they said, and Joohyun doesn't really want to go there because she likes the education system she's under now and having a hard time blending in there is the last thing that she wants, and so does Yeri. 

Plus, she wants to learn how to be responsible and manage her own things. Yeri's just a bonus to her and she's really determined to handle her too.

With all the reasons Joohyun has, with the help of Yeri (she might just be 14 years old girl, but she's quite an intelligent kid and a good noodle as well.), she declined her parents' offer on following them to the US to start anew. The parents knew all too well that they can't win the arguement over with Joohyun, as she is quite the stubborn one, including all the reasons she has to stay. But nonetheless, they let her be but never forget to leave them pocket money before they flew off.

Being the responsible sister she is, Joohyun handles the expenses for both of them really well. She only buys necessary needs for their house and their education, leaving them both alot of extra pocket money to buy their wants but not needs. Although by the word "wants", Joohyun never forget to emphasize the words "But only when its necessary".
Yeri obeyed.

It's a good life they're living, with a pinch of boring, but not too boring, also not extravagant. Just decent.

The brighter part of her life is Yeri, and two of the idiots she sticks to, Seungwan and Sooyoung.

As it was mentioned before, Yeri is not that typical kid who runs around and begs for stuff from her. Yeri is rather mature and very obedient for her age. She listens to her well and sometimes its the other way around. If it wasn't Seungwan or Sooyoung, Yeri would be the one listening to her nag about other things that annoys her, or make her sad. 
Yeri is willing to listen. She loves Joohyun and Joohyun loves her.

Despite watching the latter's actions everyday, her next antics can never be expected from the older. Like a mischievous brain in a cute petite body, they didn't match at all. But Yeri is nice. All of her actions have no ill at all. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter