Yuri : Broken Dream.

OF TEN THOUSAND I LOVE YOUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note : Trigger warning ahead

Chapter 5. Yuri : Broken Dream.

The call came in the middle of a very important meeting .

I didn't give a damn. I just bolted out of the room full of company executives, telling Choi Minho to handle the rest of the meeting. I called Seulgi back while I was in the elevator, telling her to take Jessica to the hospital immediately.

Jessica was crying as I talked to her on the phone. She was obviously in pain and it hurt me that I couldn't be there with her soon enough. It felt like I couldn't drive fast enough, like the traffic was plotting to block my way.

At the hospital, I waited with Seulgi in the waiting room. The clock ticked awfully slow as I sat in anxiety on the cold vinyl bench. I recalled that one time Krystal had been hospitalized here for similar reason. Things had worked out well for Krystal. Her baby was a healthy toddler now. I prayed for my child to be fine too, to grow healthy just like little Jinki.

After a long and frustrating wait, nurses wheeled my wife to the observation room. Doctor Lim then came to check on her. We got to see another ultrasound picture, showing how our baby was holding on. The doctor then gave Jessica a shot and an order of not leaving the bed unless to go to the bathroom.

I lay with Jessica after the the doctor and nurses left, telling Seulgi to go home and gave a call to Jessica's mother. I didn't have the heart to tell my own family, especially my mother. Her heart would break at the possibility of losing the grandchild she had been wanting for so long.

Jessica's parents came one hour after Seulgi left, bearing food and blanket. I moved to maneuver my sleeping wife onto the bed, she stirred but didn't wake up.

“You must be tired.” My mother-in-law pulled out folded clothes from the big bag she brought. “Go freshen up before eating. I bring clothes for you and Sooyeon.”

“Thank you, mom.” I flexed my waist before taking the clothes to the bathroom. This had been a very tiring day. I stripped off the brown suit that I hadn't got the chance to change, got under the shower and welcomed the feeling of warm water against my aching body.

When I got out of the bathroom, my father-in-law had settled himself on the couch while my mother-in-law sat by the side of Jessica's bed.

“Go eat then sleep first, Yul. I'll wake you up in a few hours.” My mother-in-law kept her eyes on her sleeping daughter. Her hand did not halt from caressing Jessica's head.

“It's okay Mom. Sleeping late isn't new to me.”

“It's better if we take turn to rest. So we can give Sooyeon our full attention later.”

I nodded, agreeing with the ever rational woman. I asked my father-in-law to sleep on the spare bed but he insisted on taking the couch, telling me to eat and reserve my energy for later.

As I forced myself to eat the dumplings served on the coffee table, Jessica's father and I talked a little. He encouraged me by saying that if Krystal could get through her first trimester bleeding safely than Jessica should be too. The talk helped, I felt a little optimistic as I lay on the spare bed. Although it was hard to close my eyes with worried mind, I managed to get a good sleep until my mother-in-law woke me up at midnight.

I moved from the spare bed to the chair by Jessica's bed, watching her eyelids flutter. Her sleep was probably plagued with bad dream. I caressed her head gently, murmuring encouragement in hope to help her sleep better. After a while, she seemed relaxed into her dream. My eyes felt heavy so I rested my head on the edge of the bed to resume sleeping.

“Sleep well, Jess. Everything will be alright.” I whispered to her one more time.

“Yul....”

I felt Jessica's hand move in my hand before hearing her calling my name. Opening my eyes and sat up in an instant, I tried to smile at her. “Hey. How are you feeling?”

“Scared. Worried.” She sighed, rubbing her eyes. “I need to pee.”

“Okay. Get up slowly, baby.” I helped her up. We went to the bathroom together, with me supporting her by the waist while holding the IV bag up.

“Look away.” My wife whined as she sat on the toilet bowl.

“What? It's not like I have never seen you in less clothing before.” I teased, trying to uplift her mood.

“Yuuuul.” She pouted ever so adorably. I laughed before turning away, focusing on my reflection in the mirror above the sink.

“Yul... I bleed again.” Her words came like thunder and immediately turned to look. Jessica was trembling as she stood up. Trail of blood ran from under her hospital gown down to her thigh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter