Jessica : Dream Comes True?

OF TEN THOUSAND I LOVE YOUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3. Jessica : Dream Comes True?

“I really like the one with tie-waist pants, where is it?” Sketches and fabric samples were scattered all over the surface of my desk. It took me a good while to find that one design I deemed great for the new collection.

“Ah. This one.” I added a few more details into the sketch before showing it to Kang Seulgi, my secretary. “What do you think? Light weight denim? With buttons as accessory?”

“Wonderful, unnie.” She smiled from her seat across the desk. “Should I add this one to the pile too.”

“Yes. Have them ready for the brainstorming session with designer team tomorrow, along with new fabric samples that will arrive today from Italy.”

Seulgi made a note on her phablet before looking up at me. “Friendly reminder. You have a meeting with the board members in Ritz Carlton at four.”

“I know. And I have to attend my mother-in-law's birthday dinner at seven. God help me, Seulgi.”

“God always helps you, Unnie. I never see you trip over a schedule before.” She smiled, started arranging sketches from my desk. “But you might want to consider a full day off, you've been getting paler and thinner since you arrived from Italy.”

“Really?” I checked myself on the floor length mirror mounted on the wall behind my chair. “I'm actually not feeling really well lately. Maybe the jet lag from the long flight reminds.”

“After four weeks? Such a persistent jet lag.” Seulgi made a comment. “Maybe you should get yourself checked or something.”

I glanced at the clock on the wall. “You can help scheduling an appointment with my physician tomorrow. But first, I have a lunch date with my sister. It has been forever since we eat together.”

“Oh. Krystal Unnie is in town?”

“Uh uh. Come join us.” I asked her as I put my phone into my tote bag. “We're having bulgogi at Gae Hwa Oak , your favorite restaurant.”

“I have to pass, Unnie. I have another plan. Sorry.”

“Plan?” I turned around to see Seulgi blushed a little behind her eyeglasses. “You always eat lunch at the office before, Kang Seulgi. Are you having a lunch date too?”

“Unnie... he's just a friend.” Seulgi whined, making me laugh.

“You have no idea how someone who used to be just friend might end up to be your soul mate, Seulgi-yah.” I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Yuri, how we used to be nothing but best friends. “Good luck on your lunch date.”

“Thank you Unnie. Don't forget to eat a lot.”

“I'll try, Seulgi-yah. I'll try.”

“Unnie. You haven't touched your bulgogi yet. Are you not feeling well?” Soojung stared at me from her seat.

“A little. I think I'm going down with a virus from Italy.”

“Your trip was last month. If it was actually a virus you would have contaminated the whole city already.” My sister pouted. “Have you went to see a doctor?”

“I'm planning to. I always feel so tired lately, losing appetite too.”

“You know Unnie, I also felt that way when I was with Jinki.”

I sighed, gulping my drink before finding words again. “I don't want to get my hope up, Soojungie.”

“Unnie...the signs are there. I think you should get yourself checked.”

“I don't think I will survive another negative test.”

“How long have you been late unnie?”

“One full month.” I bit my lower lip. I prayed and prayed for my dream to come true but was too afraid to actually find out because said dream might shatter overnight.

“The sooner you find out, the sooner you can decide on the next step to take, Unnie. Don't stall. If it's a positive, you might want to give yourself and your baby extra care.” Soojung's pout got deeper with concern but then she chuckled, covering with one hand. “Look at me, acting all wise and motherly like an ahjumma.”

“You are an ahjumma now.” I smiled, teasing her. “You are a wife and a mother.”

She laughed, bringing a slice of meat to my mouth with her chopsticks. “Eat. Pregnant or not. You need the extra nutrition. You are too skinny.”

“Arasseo. Ahjumma Jung.” I took it in. Everything tasted like lead to my tongue lately but I swallowed the bulgogi anyway. “Please pray for your Unnie, Soojungie. I want to have a Jinki in my life too.”

“I always do Unnie. Always do. Now eat.”

I pouted at my sister while silently thanking her for the endless support. Another slice of meat entered my mouth and I chewed under Soojung's glare, trying my hardest not to vomit it out.

“Good girl.” She patted my head, laughing.

I laughed too.

The meeting with the board members ended up taking more time than I had expected. When I entered Yuri's parents' house, people had started gathering at the dinning table.

I kissed my mother-in-law's cheek, presenting a birthday gift while wishing her many great years ahead before making a round to greet Yuri's close relatives.

My husband pulled a chair beside him and took my hand as I sat down. He leaned to kiss my cheek and I apologized for being nearly one hour late.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter