Jessica : Third (Winter Is Coming)

OF TEN THOUSAND I LOVE YOUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15. Jessica : Third (Winter Is Coming)

“Too much?” He asked while spooning me from behind, wrapping our bodies with the blanket. Under the cool fabric his hand s around my waist, lean fingers splayed across my lower belly.

“Nah.” I closed my eyes, falling deeper into the blissful after glow of sweet love-making. “You're perfect, Yul. Always.”

I could feel him smiling behind me as his thumb moved to caress my bump. Eight weeks. Only about eight weeks left until my estimated due date. Everything had went smoothly so far. Of course there were glitches here and there like how heavy and tired I felt recently or that annoying soreness nagging at my lower back, but our baby was healthy and that was all that matter.

As if sensing my thought, our baby kicked. A strong jab a little below to the left of my distended belly just right where Yuri's hand was resting.

Yuri laughed.

“Someone is waking up.” He pressed gently with his thumb and the baby kicked again. It was a game they played often lately. Our baby's slow kick against Yuri's soft kiss or gentle touch on my belly. It was both amazing and a little silly to feel my husband and my child interacting with my skin between them. These days, even the mere whisper coming from Yuri could make our baby move.

“Sleep, baby. We'll play tomorrow.” Yuri tugged down the blanket, sitting up to kiss the side of my exposing belly. “Mommy is tired already.”

As I had predicted, our baby kicked again.

“Daddy has a day off tomorrow.” He continued caressing my belly. “We'll spend all day together. Promise.”

Another gentle move could be felt from inside. I moved my hand too, resting it above Yuri's hand. Our baby stopped moving and I sighed as I closed my eyes again.

“Not even out of mommy's belly but already listen to Daddy only.” I pursed my lips, turning to face Yuri who already lay back on the bed.

“What can I say, I'm an awesome father.” He covered us back with the blanket, caressing my head.

“Yeah? Try to tell our baby to be less shy at tomorrow ultrasound, will you?”

We had been trying to find out the gender of our baby since I had entered the end of second trimester. Three times ultrasounds all had resulted in YoonA's amused grin as she told us how our baby practically covered the private part with its crossed legs.

“It's not my fault if my baby is such a modest person.” Yuri laughed again. “Sleep, Jess. If the ultrasound still fail us tomorrow. Let's just take it as a surprise for the day of birth.”

“I want to know for sure, Yul.” I whined as I shifted my body closer to my lover. “I need to decorate the baby room with the perfect theme. There are clothes, blankets, toys, and million other things to buy that needs to fit our baby's gender.”

“Alright. Alright.” He stopped laughing but I could still sense the lack of seriousness in his voice. Man could be so ignorant sometime. “Sleep. Let's worry about it tomorrow.”

I sighed, letting sleep claiming my tired body.

“Oh finally, something to see.” YoonA moved the ultrasound probe around a little. I looked up at my Ob-gyn anxiously while Yuri just grinned from his spot beside the examination table.

“Congratulation, guys. It's a girl.”

Yuri's grin turned wider and wider while I still needed a little reassurance. I craned my neck a little, trying to see the ultrasound screen better. “Are you sure, Yoong?”

YoonA just giggled as she wiped the gel off my belly with tissue. “99% sure, Unnie. The ultrasound showed no scrotum.”

“Scrotum?”

“Balls.”

“Balls?”

YoonA's grin nearly split her face. “Unnie. You know them. The dangling ones.”

“Oh.”

Yuri laughed so hard he had to bend over the table while YoonA maintained her giggle. I frowned at them.

“I'm sorry, babe. It's just too funny.” Yuri, probably caught my displeased expression, kissed the back of my hand. “We're having a girl. A little princess you can play dress up with.”

“Are you okay with it?”

“I'm more than okay, baby.” He helped me getting up from the table. “I'm elated. Everything else is fine right, doctor YoonA?”

“Yes. Baby is weighed approximately 1.3 Kilograms and 38 centimeters long now, just perfect measurements for Jessica's unnie 30 weeks pregnancy. On our next appointment we can do some blood tests in preparations for the birth.”

“Birth? I'm not giving birth anytime soon right?” To be honest, the idea of pushing a baby out of my body still frightened me a little. I wasn't sure of how ready I was.

“Well. Birth normally occurs at the 38 to 40 weeks mark but we need to prepare everything. You haven't gave me back the birth plan form I handed you on the last appointment.”

“Yeah.” Stealing a glance at my husband, I fidgeted on my chair. “We're still discussing on the best plan to follow right now.”

Yuri just snorted. He was steadfast on wanting me to get through a cesarean, arguing that it was the easiest way and would safe me from pain.

While the pain of giving birth seemed to be so terrifying, half of me still wanted to have a normal birth. There were so many benefits of delivering a baby naturally and I just wanted the best for our baby.

“It's okay. Give it a thought. Ask me if you need more information.” YoonA smiled. “How about braxton hicks? Do you feel it already, unnie?”

“Not really. Just soreness all over. If anything, I just want something to slow down my monstrous appetite.”

“Why, Unnie?” YoonA checked my chart with creased forehead.

“I've gained ten kilograms, Yoong! Ten! And you said my baby is only responsible for 1.3 kilograms of it.”

“You're still on the safe mark here, Unnie. Most women gains more at this point of pregnancy. But if it bothers you,you can always resort on fruits and vegetables instead of meal that contains a lot of fat and carb.”

Yuri snorted again. My elbow graciously landed on his rib for his not-so-well hidden snicker. He knew well that the sight of meat and fatty meal was my current weakness. I even finished two servings of Yukgaejang at lunch a few minutes before this appointment.

“Stay active but also don't forget to stay hydrated, Unnie. Still doing Yoga, aren't you?”

I nodded. Despite Yuri's objection, I still did a limited exercise on daily basis. Be it Yoga or a few minutes walk around our backyard, I wanted to keep moving for the health of my baby and myself.

“Good. See you on the next appointment then.” YoonA beamed at us. “Happy shopping cute dresses and tiny skirts, Unnie.”

Yuri laughed again.

“So, which department store

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter