Jessica : Ray Of Light

OF TEN THOUSAND I LOVE YOUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12. Jessica : Ray Of Light

Yuri was feeling uncomfortable. It was easy to see from the way he couldn't focus on one thing since we got here. He touched the health care magazine on the coffee table but ended up not reading it at all. He folded and unfolded his arms across his chest so many times. And to top it all, he didn't say a single word since we had arrived at this sophisticated clinic.

“You okay?” I rest my hand on his thigh, propping my chin on my other hand as I looked up to my dear husband. “We still can cancel everything.”

He sighed. For a moment I thought he would run for the door but he then smiled a small one at me. “This reminds me of the day mother took me to the doctor to get circumcised.”

His words made me smile too. “It's that bad, isn't it? Let's go then.”

I stood up. No matter how much I wanted to have a child, no matter how far I was willing to undergo any artificial procedure to get a baby, Yuri's feeling was still my priority.

“No.” He held me by the wrist, tugging a little at my hand and effectively made me sit by his side again. “I'm just nervous. It will pass. Soon, if the nurses are pretty enough.”

My hand went straight to pinch at his thigh while my lips pursed into a rather amused frown. My husband was too good at teasing sometime.

He laughed but stopped when a nurse, which of course not as pretty as me, asking us to come to the room.

YoonA was already inside, greeting us with her wide smile then introduced us to the other doctor in the room. Doctor Lee Chihoon was probably in his mid sixty but he was as bright as YoonA. He gave us a welcoming smile before started giving us the overview of the procedure. Other than the procedure itself, he mentioned about cost, risks, and the probability of failure too.

I tried to listen as the good doctor covered all bases but my mind was already busy with the thought of holding Yuri's child in my arms. On the other hand, Yuri was all ears. He leaned forward a little, and at one point even started recording doctor Lee's explanation with his iPhone.

“There are a few initial screenings needed to be done before we start with the procedure. Blood test to determine how healthy you both are. Ovarian reverse testing and thorough uterine exam for Jessica. Also analysis for Yuri.”

“Can we see if I will be strong enough to bear a child from those screenings?”

“We should be.” Doctor Lee's smile was as encouraging as it could be. “YoonA has given me the copy of your health record but further examination shall rule out a few problem and also shed some light on what to do next. I heard you guys are also considering surrogacy?”

I looked at Yuri who's expression seemed to change a bit. I knew surrogacy wasn't his preferred option but I didn't want to close the window for that chance yet.

“We are.” I answered, entwining my hand with Yuri's under the desk.

“As a last resort.” Yuri added, squeezing my hand before bringing it to his lips and gave a loving kiss that I treasured so much.

“Then we also need to screen the surrogate mother.”

“I think they want to see the screening results of themselves first, Sunbaenim.” YoonA explained from where she was sitting on the armchair by Doctor Lee's desk. “To put into considerations before deciding on anything.”

“I see.” The older doctor nodded. “Let's start with the screeningsvfor both ofvyou then. Please follow me, Jessica.”

“Okay.” I nodded before looking at YoonA. “You'll accompany me right?” I already considered the pretty doctor as my best friend and having her with me throughout the process would hopefully ease my anxiety.

“Of course, Unnie.” YoonA nodded before coming to my side. “As long as Doctor Lee doesn't mind having me around.”

“Why would I mind having a smart and beautiful assistance?” Doctor Lee also rose up from his chiar. “Let's go, Jessica. The examination room is to the left.”

“What about me?” My husband stood up and pointed at himself.

“You go to the room across this room, Yuri.” Doctor Lee tilted his chin toward the door.

“Okay. Will I meet another doctor there?”

YoonA grinned at my husband while doctor Lee just raised his eyebrows. I stare at both doctors with silent questions now.

“We need to analyze your .” The older doctor stated matter-of-factly while frowning at my husband.

“What?”

“A nurse will give you a cup outside.”

“Cup?”

At this point, YoonA had burst into laughter. I, who finally understood the situation, also couldn't help but chuckling. I pushed my husband to the door, actually enjoyed his confused look.

“Go, Yul.”

“But-”

“Didn't you say this guy is a multimillionaire CEO?” Doctor Lee now asked YoonA in annoyance. “Shouldn't a CEO be smarter than this?”

YoonA, who was now holding her side, laughed some more.

The senior doctor shook his head, lips pressed into a thin smile. “There will be adult videos and swimsuit magazines to help you in the room,CEO-ssi. Hand the cup filled with your to the nurse outside so we can analyze your in the lab. You've spared yourself from ing for the last three days per my order when you first made this appointment, haven't you?”

“Oh!” The sight of my husband face-palming himself was actually pretty cute. If I didn't put how embarrassed he was at the moment into consideration I would have laughed my jaw off.

“See you later, babe.” I blew air-kiss to my lovely husband.

“You know this can be done way faster if you come to the room with me right, Jess?”

“In your dream, CEO-ssi!” Doctor Lee shouted from across the room. His expression was torn between amused and annoyed. “This is a reputable fertility clinic not a love hotel.”

I could help it no more. My laughter rang in the room along with YoonA's.

What a way to start an artificial pregnancy procedure.

“For someone who has vowed to stick with me through happiness and sadness, you seem to enjoy my pain too much.”

I laughed again. We were already on our way home but my dear husband was still sulking after the embarrassing incident at Doctor Lee's clinic. We had undergone every screenings needed and now have to spend the next few days waiting for results.

“I'm sorry, baby.” I caressed his thigh. “You were too adorable being clueless like that.”

“I was nervous.” He scratched his head. “You know I can't think straight when I'm nervous”

“I know.” Leaning over the middle console of the car, I pressed my lips against his cheek. “I'm sorry for putting you trough this. Let me make it up to you.”

He grinned at me. “Really? How?”

“Well. Let me cook something special for you tonight. Meat or Seafood?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter