Chapter 9 - I cannot risk your life

The Sun and the Moon

Semi looked at Rina’s sleeping face, he realized she has slimmed down a lot, her face was still very pale-looking, he felt pain looking at her. He touches her face, “Rina…. I’m sorry……”

Rina suddenly started coughing, the coughing was so bad till she woke up.

“Rina!! Are you alright?? I’ll get some water for you.” Semi ran to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

“Come, drink it…” Semi held the glass of water to feed Rina.

“Semi...I’m alright… Sorry I woke you up…” Rina didn’t know Semi wasn’t sleeping at all.

“Silly girl… Come, I’ll pat you to sleep…” Semi pulled Rina to lie on his arms while he pats on her back to hoax her to sleep.

“I feel like a baby… Haha~”

“You are….. My baby…..” Semi kissed Rina’s forehead, and soon both of them fell asleep.

 

The next day, Rina woke up first and saw that Semi was dead tired and sleeping soundly so she went on to prepare breakfast. While she was almost done cooking, Semi appeared out of nowhere and hugged her from the back, “what are you doing my princess, did I say you can do chores?”

“AHH SEMI!! Don’t scare me!!!” Rina got a shock, “I’m almost done, go wait at the dining table!!” She tried to chase Semi out.

“No way! How can I let an injured person cook for me.” Semi snatches the cooking utensils Rina was holding in her hands and continue the remaining cooking while still hugging her from the back, and his head leaning on her right shoulders.

“I’m better already, and I know you’re tired too… and how are you going to cook if you continue hugging me….?” Rina was getting shy at the intimacy they are having now.

“Because I need to keep an eye on you, you always over exert on yourself once you’re out of my sight.”

“I didn't….” Rina pouted.

“Ok, done!” Semi removed the eggs from the pan and placed it on the plate.

They started eating their breakfast, “Oh ya, Semi, are you going back home to pack your stuffs later on?”

“Yeah, why?”

“.....Can I go too?”

“WHAT……?” Semi frowned.

“......I just want to see your apartment….. And help you a bit, so you can move in faster…..”

“NO! You stay here and rest for today.” Semi was being quite reluctant.

“I see…. Just now someone said he wants to keep an eye on me so that I don’t do random things when he’s not around, it’s all lies… But that’s better, I can do whatever I want when he’s not around…. Should I go shopping later….?” Rina turned away to look at the window.

“.....y….o…..u……” Semi was speechless, SPEECHLESS.

“I’m going back to my room.” Rina was still playing tantrums  with Semi.

“OKOK, you can tag along, ok? I give up…” Semi realized he had no way to win her.

“YAY!!! Let’s go!!!” Rina got excited again.

Semi smiled at this silly princess.

 

Semi drove Rina’s car to his apartment, it was a small room with not much stuffs in it. The only noticeable furniture would be the bed. On the side table beside the bed, Rina saw the snow dome that she had gave Semi when they came back from Hokkaido.

“AH! The snow dome!” Rina was happy to see Semi placing it beside his bed.

“Ever since you gave me that, I have to touch that snow dome everyday before I can fall asleep. It’s like a curse.” Semi joked.

“WHAT!! Then I’ll take it back then.” Rina took the snow dome into her hands.

Semi held onto her hands, “I’m willing to get cursed though…if it’s you…..” he took back the snow dome and kissed Rina on the lips. “Rina, you are like a drug to me, I get so addicted to kissing you…”

“I………..sorry……….” Rina felt bad that Semi feel so...

“Silly girl, why are you apologizing…” Semi pat Rina on the head. Rina loves how Semi always pat her, it’s so gentle yet so warming. Rina spotted one photo frame on the desk, she turned to ask Semi, “Semi, can I take a look at that photo?” she pointed to the photo frame.

“Ah, sure… It’s my parents and me when I was young. That’s the only photo I managed to retrieve back from my old house.” Semi was only eleven when he saw his parents getting killed in front of his eyes.

“Hi Uncle Auntie! I’m Rina, I will help to take care of Semi from now onwards. Please forgive me if I’m not doing as well. I’ll improve on the way and love him more and more, and give him all the love that you had wanted to give him.” Rina started to speak into the photo.

Semi was touched hearing that, he hugged her from the back, “You’re so silly, my princess…”

“If I’m a silly princess, then you’re a silly prince.” Rina always have the image of Semi as a prince in her mind. He’s the prince who saved her from darkness, he’s the prince who gave her what she didn’t thought she’ll have, and that’s love…

“Sit down on my bed, I’ll be done packing in no time.” Semi didn’t have much stuffs, he had no desire for anything, what he has are just the necessities.

 

After packing, they went back to Rina’s apartment. On the way back, Rina fell asleep in the front seat. Semi was looking at her tired body, suddenly Semi noticed there’s a car coming at a very fast speed from the front, and it was on the same lane as Semi’s car!!!

“!!!!!!!” Semi quickly swirl his stirring wheels towards the left to avoid colliding with the other car, he braked quickly to avoid hitting the tree. The sudden movement woke Rina up from fear.

“What happened? Semi, are you alright??”

“I’m alright, what about you? Did the brake caused any impact to you??” Semi was dead worried that Rina would get hurt again.

“I’m alright….. What happened….?” Rina still recovering from her shock.

“There was a car speeding in the opposite direction, and he drove on the same lane as us….. That person is probably drink-driving.”

“Oh my… Lucky you’re alright, Semi……” Rina caress Semi face with her cold hands.

Semi held her icy cold hands, “let’s go home…” and drove back to Rina’s apartment.

 

Semi and Rina started living together, Rina’s injuries recovered almost completely within the next few weeks under Semi’s care and supervision.

Soon, Rina received a new job order again, while Semi went out to execute the killing, Rina secretly followed behind.

 

“.....No!! Don’t kill me!!! I’ll give you money!!! As much as you want!!!!” The poor man was pleading Semi to let him off, but Semi didn’t bother to listen too much and used his knife to shut him up. Suddenly Semi sensed someone around him, “WHO IS IT?!? COME OUT!!!”

“.................” No replies.

Semi walk towards the direction where he sensed human presence, then suddenly, “IT’S ME!!!!!!!!!!” Rina jumped out and appeared in front of Semi.

“AHHHH!! RINA, why are you HERE?!?!” Semi appeared to be angry with his bloody look now.

“Don’t be angry…. I brought you clothes to change hehe~”

“I can’t stand you…..” Semi changed into the clothes Rina brought for him. While the both of them were in their own world, they didn’t realise that a pair of eyes were looking at them…

 

Soon, October started, it’s been only six months since Semi and Rina met each other, yet their love for each other were unstoppable. Both of them was attracted to each other, they were both lonely, till they met each other and started to have each other’s accompany. It seems like fate let them save each other, yet destiny is something they can’t control…

 

“Semi, you’re going out to kill today?” Rina had another new job for Semi.

“Yeah, why? You miss me already???”

“........ Yeah…. It started quite recent, I worry for your safety every time you are out…. I know you’re strong…. But…..” Ever since Semi met with the burning factory incident, she worries a lot each time he is out to execute his job.

“.....silly girl…. I’ll be fine…. I can’t bear to leave you…. And I won’t leave you alone…..” Semi walked over to Rina and gave her a hug.

“.............” Rina had a thought in her mind, she wants to stop doing this, she doesn’t want to put Semi’s life at risk, but right now she needs to plan of what they can do if they stop doing this, money would be an issue for them.

“.............Rina…… I love you……” Semi still sensing Rina’s insecure feelings.

“Semi…. I love you too….” Rina moved away from Semi’s hug, “It’s getting cold, wear this jacket I got for you.” Rina took out a black leather jacket she bought for him secretly when they were out shopping last week.

“Wow! When did you go out to buy this??” Semi doesn’t recall that Rina ever went out alone without him ever since he moved in.

“Hehe~ I bought it last week when we went shopping…” Rina with her mischievous smile.

“What!! You love doing things behind my back huh, it was the same for the snow dome, and now it’s this jacket.” Semi remembered Rina also secretly got the snow dome for him when they went Hokkaido.

“Call me Ninjia Rina!” Rina was proud of her swift and secretive actions.

“Silly girl… I’ll go and be back fast alright… Stay at home for me…”

“Alright!!! I’ll cook dinner tonight!!!”

Semi kissed Rina and went out to do his job.

 

Semi followed his target once he spotted him, and was about to attack him but then he sensed someone else following him. He stopped following his target and switched his attention to the follower.

“Who are you?” Semi spoke to the empty air.

Someone came out of one corner along the dark alley, “Hi, I’m Keito, from the Okamoto agency.”

“Okamoto agency? Why are you following me?”

“HAH! I’m here to warn you that that man you were about to kill is also our target. And you should stop your execution immediately or you’ll regret it.”

“Ah, so you’re from our competitor agency?” Semi remembered the time he was targeted by them.

“Yeah, my useless man failed his mission to get rid of you, so now I’m assigned to stop you from snatching our business anymore.”

“I’m sorry, I won’t listen to you, if you’re gonna hinder me, I’ll get rid of you as well, like how that bastard died under my hands.”

“Nonono, don’t compare me with that idiot, I’m much more capable than him. Rather then risking my life getting killed by you, I wish to warn you that if you continue to hinder our business, we will take away the thing you treasure the most.”

“....What….?” Semi had a bad feeling.

“Here….. I remember she is called Rina, right?” Keito holds up a picture of Semi and Rina taken together when Rina brought clothes for Semi to change during the previous task.

“......” Semi couldn’t find words to rebuke, they knew of Rina’s presence, and that is a bad news for them.

“Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to her if you don’t interfere with our business… But if you continue to ignore our warnings… Then I’m not sure what would happen to her…Remember you almost met with a traffic accident? That is just our little warning to you...”

Semi recalled the incident, “.........I’ll burn down your agency if anything happens to her…. Don’t play with me.” Semi was serious, he won’t allow anyone to hurt Rina anymore.

“Isn’t that what I just said? DON’T INTERFERE WITH US, and she’ll be fine.”

“..........”

“I take your silence as acceptance then, that target is mine. Chau! Semi. Hope to see you again, NOT.” Keito left to chase the target Semi was supposed to kill.

“……” Semi sighed.

 

Semi went back to the apartment, on the way he was thinking of how to explain to Rina about this. He doesn’t want to make her worry…

“Hi Semi! You’re back!! How was it?” Rina asked about Semi’s execution earlier.

“Yeah fine…” Semi lied, for the first time.

“........I see……” Rina sensed something…… She decided to keep silent for now…

While having their dinner, Semi seems to be in deep thinking, he didn’t speak much. Rina saw all that.

After the dinner, they were washing dishes when Rina’s phone rang, she went to pick it up and left Semi doing the dishes alone.

 

They sat on the sofa after doing the chores.

“Semi…… Did something happened?” Rina broke the silence between them.

“.....no…. Why did you ask that?”

“Didn’t you lie to me….?” Rina was slightly disappointed, but she knew Semi must have his reasons.

“......what did I lie about…? Semi felt guilty.

“......you did not kill that guy, right?”

“...........”

“You didn’t have blood smell on you today like you always have when you ended your job…… Yet you told me you killed that guy…”

“......I……..” Semi didn’t want to use a second lie to cover his first…..

“Who exactly did you meet with?” Rina knew that it must be their competitor’s doings.

“......Keito….from the Okamoto agency….”

“............What did he say?”

“.......He….asked us not to interfere with their business anymore…..”

“.......and? That’s not all right?” Rina knew Semi won’t give in to such lame reason.

“..............” Semi didn’t want Rina to feel that she’s the reason he failed his task.

“........he used me to threaten you, right?” Rina knew Semi well, very well…

“.............” Rina got it right, she’s right...

“My boss gave me a call just now, he warned us of the Okamoto agency, they began snatching our business recently. And you met with them today…..”

“Rina…… I don’t care if I fail the mission, I just cannot risk your life, not even for a single second, I don’t want you in danger…..” Semi spoke his true feelings.

“Semi……” Rina felt Semi’s strong love for her, she was touched, she wants to show her love back. She moves closer to Semi, and her lips touches his… “Semi, I want you…”

Semi kissed Rina back, their kisses were hot and deep, they moved on to the bed, it was an intense night, much more intense than the previous. They love each other, a lot, a lot...