Chapter 10 - The presence of a new life

The Sun and the Moon

“Semi…….” Rina woke up beside Semi, and was admiring Semi’s face again.

“Silly girl…...you’re looking at me again huh….” Semi spoke suddenly again.

“Hehe~ Who ask my Semi to be so charming.”

“If you continue praising me with such cute face, I’ll want to do it again.”

“!!!” It was a very intense night for Rina, she is not sure if she has the stamina to withstand another one immediately. “I’ll go make breakfast!” She wanted to run away.

“WAIT.” Semi held back Rina, “did I say you can leave yet?”

“......what again…..”

*Kiss* “You forgot this.” Semi kissed Rina on the lips.

“Don’t scare me… I thought you want it again…”

“....If you can stand it, I can do it again…” Semi and his evil thoughts.

“......I’ll go make breakfast!!!” Rina ran out fast enough this time before Semi could catch her.

“Silly girl…” Semi smiled at the cute girl he’s madly in love with.

 

For the next few weeks, there weren’t new job orders for Rina, she went back to the agency to find out more about the problems that Okamoto agency was giving. Okamoto agency has been snatching their business and obstructing Sunny agency from executing their job. Koichi, Rina’s boss, is having a headache against this despicable competitor too.

 

“At this rate, we probably have to close down the agency…” Koichi said with a frustrated expression.

“Is there nothing we can do about them?” It’s Chinen’s voice this time.

“Yeah, we shouldn’t be threatened by them, if we give in now, they might think we are just cowards.” Daiki, another employee of Sunny Agency said.

“They have hired really strong investigators who always manage to get information of the business we have gotten hands on, and they know how to threaten us so that we cannot execute our mission.” Koichi sounded quite helpless.

Rina, who was listening to all these, felt guilty. If her relationship with Semi weren’t found out by them, they cannot threaten Semi.

“Rina, are you alright? You seem absent.” Chinen noticed Rina’s inattentiveness.

“I’m alright. Other than me, are the others getting threatened by them too?”

“For me, they used my little sister’s life to threaten me.” Chinen explained, he was doing such a job to earn money and support his sister’s medical bills.

“It’s similar for my side, except that it was my killer who was threatened by them.” Daiki added on.

“How about you, Rina?” Chinen asked.

“ermmm… it’s similar in my case too…” Rina couldn’t bring herself to say that she was the reason Semi got threatened.

“Anyway, that’s not the issue now, Okamoto agency has been taking all the credits for executing the killing job orders, they are rising up quick and steady. Everyone is now looking for them to take on such business.” Koichi’s company is small, he knows he can’t beat the Okamoto agency if they continue to expand so rapidly.

“If they can threaten us, why can’t we do so too?” Rina spurted out this suddenly.

“.......................................”

“You’re right, Rina. We should do that too.” Chinen agreed with what Rina said.

“But how are we going to do it?” Daiki weren’t sure how to go about doing it.

“I’ll ask my friend for help, he is a top investigator with the ability to get all sorts of information.” Koichi smirked with a plan in his mind. “We’ll call it for the day, I’ll call you guys once I have a plan.” Koichi ended the meeting with the three of them.

 

Rina got back home, she was thinking of how to get back against Okamoto agency ever since she left the head office.

“Welcome back Rina!” Semi heard Rina opening the door.

“I’m back…” Rina didn’t sound too energetic.

“What happened? You don’t look well.” Semi holds Rina’s face with his hands.

“Our company is not doing too well, Okamoto agency is causing us lots of trouble…”

“Don’t think so much first, we can’t do anything without proper plans right?”

“Yeah…”

“Come have dinner, I made grilled salmon with mentaiko.” Mentaiko is Rina’s favourite.

“Wow!! I wanna eat!!” Rina regained her energy upon hearing what Semi cooked for her.

 

They started eating their dinner, halfway eating the salmon, Rina felt nauseousness, she quickly ran to the toilet to vomit what she just ate.

“Rina! Are you alright?” Semi came after her.

*cough* “Yesss.. I’m alright…” Rina said with a pale face.

“You don’t look so well, shall I bring you to Yuto?”

“I’m alright, I’ll go take a sleep first…”

“Alright, if tomorrow you are still not well, I’m bringing you to Yuto.”

“Ok…” Semi accompanied Rina till she falls alseep.

 

The next day, Rina went back to head office to listen to the plan that Koichi has come up with. Koichi got from his investigator friend, Tsuyoshi, that Okamoto agency has been messing with drugs business other than killing business. He wants them to follow the employees of Okamoto agency closely, and capture any evidence of them handling the drugs business.

And so, Rina, Chinen, and Daiki started their mission.

Rina was to follow Keito, the son of the CEO of Okamoto agency. She started following him for days but wasn’t able to get much information. Finally one day, there was a meeting of Keito with the boss of a underground squad at a warehouse. Rina was hiding in one corner, and saw that Keito and the other guy was exchanging suitcases, Rina quickly take out her camera to capture the scene, the squad boss opened the suitcase to check the contents, and it was packets of white powder, it’s drugs! On the other hand, Keito opened up the suitcase in his hands, and there were tonnes of money inside. “I finally caught hold of your dirty business huh…” Rina thought to herself.

While attempting to escape from the meeting place, Rina suddenly felt dizziness, and lost her balance and hit onto the metal tank and the sound was heard by the people present.

“WHO’S THERE???”

“….” Rina quickly ran out of the warehouse, as fast as she could.

“SHE’S THERE!! GET HER!!!!!!!!” The squad boss instructed his followers to chase after Rina.

Rina was dashing to her car as fast as she could, but she felt dizziness again, she was almost going to lose her consciousness…

“Rina!!! Get hold of yourself!!! The car is not far away!!!!” It was Semi!!! Semi was holding onto Rina’s hands and they ran quickly to her car.

“Ah.. Semi… why are you here….” Rina was shocked to see Semi.

“I’ll explain later, run for now!!!”

Semi took the driver seat and drove away as soon as they got onto the car.

 

After they came back home, they were both panting, especially Rina.

“Are you alright, Rina.” Semi saw Rina’s pale-looking face again.

“I’m alright… Semi, did you follow me?”

“I’ve been following you ever since you started on your mission.” Semi couldn’t let Rina execute such a dangerous task by herself.

“Semi…. I………” Before Rina could say anymore, she fainted and fell on Semi’s arms.

“RINA!! RINA!!!!”

 

Rina woke up to find herself in Yuto’s room again.

“Rina, you’re awake? How are you feeling??” Semi said as soon as Rina opened her eyes.

Rina tried to sit up, “I’m ok… and sorry for troubling you again, Yuto.”

“.......Not at all…..” Yuto seems like he wanted to say more.

“Yuto, what’s wrong with Rina’s body? She’s been looking very pale recently, she has no appetite for food, she vomits even if she’s eating her favourite mentaiko.” Semi was worried, very worried.

“..........She is…… pregnant.” Yuto said after a sigh.

“.......What….? I’m…. pregnant???” Rina didn’t expect this at all.

“Pregnant…..?” Semi got a shock as well.

“Yes, she is four weeks pregnant already, she shouldn’t exert too much on herself. She needs to eat proper to get enough nutrients for herself and the baby.”

“..............” Both Rina and Semi were at lost. There’s a presence of a new life now… It’s not matters between them anymore.

“I know both of you need time to digest and think about this. Semi, take Rina home and rest her well, I will prescribe some medicine for her to take when she feels nauseousness, and also some vitamins good for her and the baby.”

“Thank you Yuto.” Semi was thankful for Yuto’s help.

 

After getting back home, Rina and Semi were still in silence.

Rina didn’t know what to say, she doesn’t know if Semi wants the baby, since he has not said anything ever since he heard she is pregnant, neither does he seem happy about it. She’s worried, that he might not want the baby. However, she already decided she would keep this baby, whether or not Semi approves. Because this is the life that was created from the love between Semi and her, she has to protect it no matter what happens.

Rina waited for Semi to open his mouth, but after some time, she thought she should let Semi have some time to think over it, she stood up and walk towards her bedroom.

“Rina….” Semi held her hands before she could move further.

Rina turned back and saw Semi kneeling down in front of her, “though this is so unprepared, but, would you marry me? Although I am proposing without any rings or flowers, but my love for you is here,” Semi pointed to his heart with the other hand, “I love you, I love you so much, I cannot live without you anymore…” Semi was very sincere, very very….

“Semi……… I don’t need rings or flowers, I just want you….. I just want to lead a normal life with you….” Rina was touched by Semi to tears, she pulled Semi up from his kneeling position.

“Rina……. I’ll be with you, don’t be afraid, alright? We will go through this together.” Semi gave Rina a tight hug to assure her, he doesn’t want her to feel any insecurities, especially at this moment she is pregnant with their baby. He wants to protect the both of them.

“Semi… thank you….” Tears dropped from Rina’s eyes, she feels fortunate, to have Semi by her side.

 

Rina was still feeling fatigue from the exhausting mission earlier in the day, so she fell asleep soon in Semi’s arms. However, Semi was awake the whole night, he was planning for their future. They shouldn’t continue with what they are doing currently, if they are serious in bringing up the baby.

Rina woke up beside Semi and saw his eyes still widely open, “Semi… did you not sleep last night?” Rina saw the dark circles around Semi’s eyes, she knew he must not have slept last night.

“I couldn’t sleep… There are many things going around in my mind…” Semi spoke the truth, he doesn’t want to hide anything from Rina, and causing her more worries.

Rina Semi’s soft hairs, “Semi… If I’m not wrong, what you are thinking is the same as what I am thinking…”

“........Rina…… We can’t continue doing this….. For the sake of you and our baby, we can’t….”

“....Semi…. I’ve been thinking about this too, this thought started before I even found out of my pregnancy… I couldn’t bear putting you at risk, your job is too dangerous… I can’t….” Tears were rolling in Rina’s eyes again.

“Silly girl… Isn’t yours dangerous too? And, don’t cry… It’s not good for you and the baby… Leave it to me, I’ll think of something…” Semi wipe off the tears that fall off Rina’s eyes.

 

Semi got up and prepare breakfast for them, sleepiness start to take him halfway through, he spilled the milk while pouring them into the glass.

“Semi!!” Rina heard some noise in the kitchen and quickly ran in. “Are you alright?? Go take a rest!” Rina helped Semi to the sofa, Semi felt his energy being drained out of his body and he lost the strength to do anything else. “Semi…. I’m sorry, I always make you worry…… I……..” Rina looks really worried.

“Silly girl, I just feel a bit sleepy, I’m perfectly fine…”

“Take a sleep… if you have no energy how can you take care of me?” Rina pat on Semi as if he’s her little baby.

“Alright…” Semi felt very very warm, as usual, from the sun that is always shining on him… He fell asleep shortly after.

 

Once Semi fell asleep, Rina decided she would go speak to Koichi, that she wants to quit, she cannot continue doing this, at least not when she is holding on to another life inside her.

 

  • At Sunny Agency

*Knocks* Rina knocked on the door of Koichi’s room.

“Ah Rina, yes?” Koichi saw Rina outside, “come in.”

“Koichi san, I have something to discuss with you…”

“Regarding your resignation?”

“....!!!!!!!!!!” Rina got a huge shock that left her big eyes open widely. “How...did you know…?”

“Yuto guessed you would come find me for this and already warned me beforehand.”

“Yuto…….” Rina was grateful to Yuto, from the past till now, she doesn’t know how to repay him back.

“You have acquired something that you cannot lose, right?”

“...........Yes I did…”

 

  • Meanwhile back in Rina’s apartment

Semi woke up and still feeling very tired, but he was much better already. He looked around but couldn't spot Rina’s traces. Then, he saw a piece of paper placed on the coffee table.

 

Semi, I’m going out for a while and be back soon. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.

 

It was Rina. “That silly girl…  how dare she leave my sight…” Semi knew where she went, he took the leather jacket Rina bought for him and dashed out of the door.

 

  • Sunny agency

“I see…. Then you no longer fulfill the requirement to be my employee huh…” Koichi asked Rina to work for him because he knew she had nothing to lose.

“I’m really really grateful for your help all these years, if not for you, I wouldn’t be able to survive till today, and finally meet someone that I want to live for.” Rina was referring to Semi.

“................then from today onwards, you are not my employee anymore.” Koichi was pretending to be cold, but he wants Rina to live her life properly too. He saw how she suffered in the past, she was almost beaten to death by her debtors, her eyes were emotionless when he first met her. After seeing she finally got the will to live on, he was relieved, he was happy for her.

“Koichi san, thank you very much!!!” Rina kneeled down on her knees to show her appreciation for Koichi.

“!!! Stand up!! You’re pregnant right!! You shouldn’t kneel down!!!” Koichi got off his chair to pull Rina up.

“Koichi san…. Yuto even told you this…?

“Because he loves you, so much so much. He wants you to be happy with the one you love. I’m only saying this once…. Go live the life you want, and stay happy.” Koichi blushed and looked away after saying this.

“Koichi san…..” Rina felt fortunate, despite her cursing her life in the past, she feels fortunate now, that she is blessed with nice people around her.

“Go. And never step back here again.” Koichi was chasing her away.

“Koichi san, this is the last mission I can do for you.” Rina handed over a thumb drive to Koichi.

“This…”

“The evidence that Okamoto agency is messing with drugs. I hope it would be of use to you.”

“Rina, thanks. I’m sure we can use it to overturn our situation now.”

 

“Hey! Who are you! Stop moving!” Suddenly a commotion was heard outside the room.

 

“Seems like someone is here to fetch you…” Koichi glanced outside and saw Semi.

*bangs* “Rina!” Semi dashed into the room without knocking on the door.

“Semi! Why are you here?!?!”

“Why did you come here without me? I can’t let you handle this alone, I’m responsible for all these too.” Semi didn't know that Koichi has allowed Rina to quit yet.

“It’s fine, really.”

“How is it fine?!?! I saw you kneeling down to this guy!”

“Ah Semi, you misunderstood.” Rina explained to Semi the conversation with Koichi just now.

 

“I’m sorry for causing the commotion, I wanna thank you too, thanks for saving Rina three years back. I was saved because she appeared in my life…” Semi apologized for his rash actions moments ago.

“It’s fine. Bring Rina home and take care of her.”

“Thank you. I’ll repay you someday. But I decided I won't kill anymore, for the sake of Rina and our baby, I wish to stop committing crimes. Other than that, if you need my help, just let me know.” Semi made a great decision as well.

“Semi… let’s start our life anew…” Rina and Semi left Sunny agency.

 

Back home, Rina realised Semi looked down. “Semi, what’s wrong? Are you still not feeling well?”

“I feel useless.”

“Semi, why do you feel so? What happened?”

“I wasn't dependable enough for you to rely on me, that you chose to face these alone.”

“Semi, you’re over thinking, I just thought I should personally inform Koichi by myself. After all, he was the one who gave me a second chance to live again. It's not your problem at all, Semi…”

“I don't care, I’m still sad and angry…” Semi was pretending to be depressed.

“Okok, I’m sorry, how can I make you feel better?

“Maybe a kiss…”

“No problem…” Rina was almost to kiss Semi on the lips,

“and a promise.”

“promise? Of?” Rina stopped moving when her face was just centimeters away from Semi’s face.

“Promise that you will never leave my sight again, not without my permission.” Semi recalled how uneasy he always felt whenever he cannot find Rina.

“That's such a possessive request…”

“Because you’re mine.”

Rina smiled, “and I’m yours…” and kissed Semi. Seconds after moving away from Semi’s lips, “I promise you. I won't leave you alone anymore. And you can't complain you're sick of seeing me too.”

“How would I get sick of seeing such cute face, my princess.” Semi kissed Rina, a deep deep kiss...