Chapter 9

The Little Prince.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Woon woke up with a jolt, his whole body tensing while he pushed himself up from the cold and hard floor. He felt disoriented and confused for several minutes before he shook his head to clear his vision and remember what was happening before he fell asleep in there.

“Prince…” He whispered, moving to the door and opening it without making too much noise to not scare him, finding that Ryeowook was still sleeping, short and fast breaths leaving his mouth while a pained expression marked his face “I need to get the medicine.”

Closing the door as slowly as before, he took the bag he left on the floor, gasping when the pain on his leg shot like an arrow piercing his chest. It was obvious that it was getting infected, that meant he needed to buy an antibiotic.

Covering the cut, he started his slow trip towards the town to buy the medicine while he looked how money he had, maybe it wasn’t enough for buying everything, but this is how things were apparently.

“Good morning, young boy, I don’t think I’ve seen you around here.” An old lady greeted him as soon as he entered the small house it was labelled with a sign that read pharmacy.

“Oh, I just arrived here, you see” He smiled, bringing out that cheerful and kind personality he had to hide all the other things inside him “I was wondering if you have medicine for pneumonia, my brother is really sick and the doctor just came yesterday.”

“Oh, dear that’s terrible! I think we have some left, recently a lot of people died because of that and we’re low on reserves” She sighed while she looked in the boxes she had in there.

 “Yeah, my mother was one of them” It slipped out of his tongue, fortunately he didn’t say anything else.

“I’m sorry my dear.”

“It’s okay, that’s why I need to take care of him.” He smiled, hiding the fear and despair that Ryeowook’s condition caused to him, trying not to show how he wanted to go back in time and change everything.

“Then it’s your lucky day, I have the last stock of medicine” She smiled, placing the things on the table.

“Oh thank god” He smiled, walking to her and trying to hide the shock the price caused him, he wasn’t going to be capable of buying his own medicine “Thank you so much.”

“You don’t need anything else?” She asked while she received the money.

“No, I’m okay, thank you.” Taking the medicine, he walked out of the place and hurried the best he could to come back to the cabin, praying once more that Ryeowook was still there.

“W-Who is in there?” He was received by the weak and shaky voice from his prince, his dark eyes moved quickly around until they lay on the shaking form in the bed.

“It’s me, Prince, I’m sorry I scared you” He said in a soft voice, moving quickly to him, seeing how his body was shivering “I got the medicine, you will feel better.”

He left the bag on the table and hurried to get the water he had in his bag, biting his lip in anxiousness, he torn a piece of the clothes Ryeowook left on the floor and poured water on it, leaving it all wet with the fresh water before he walked back to him.

Ryeowook let out a soft whine when the cold material was placed on his burning forehead and tried to squirm away from it, but Jong Woon placed his hand on his chest to calm him and keep him in place without hurting him. He wanted to escape, not trust him again, but he was so weak that even thinking was painful, so he ended up staying still and just concentrates on breathing.

Noticing he calmed down a little, Jong Woon continued changing the cloth with fresh water for a while before he took the medicine from the table and helped Ryeowook to sit up, bringing the spoon to his lips and then giving him water. He knew he needed to eat, but he was worried about not having more money.

“I’ll get you food, your majesty” He whispered when he noticed Ryeowook was shaking as violently as before. When he didn’t receive a response, he leaned slowly towards him and placed a soft peck on his forehead, feeling his cheeks burn in embarrassment after realising what he did “S-Sorry.” He muttered, standing up and limping out of the room.

Ryeowook’s eyes opened weakly after he heard the door closing, his head moved slowly to one side to look at where the other left. He hated how his heart beat so fast every time he felt Jong Woon talking to him, how his body felt hot when he touched him and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter