1 Verse for the Unpretty Rapstar

Description

< One Shot > When he came into the studio, he knew that what he wrote in the red notebook was going to be the end of someone's rapping career. He had bars that like no one could compare. He knew that they were gonna have to call to the fire department, he was going set the place on fire with his rap. He called it 1 Verse. It was the 1 verse to end all careers and any shot for EXO's Chanyeol to come out as a solo rapper.

 

Definitely Crack, it's Definitely Crack.

From BigHit's studio, Jung Hoseok with 1 Verse, 151221

Foreword

"J HOPE I start with my name, well-oiled stopping the same old repetitive routine, set my worth alight gather round, I’ll show you the very same, my knife cuts
cut out the rotten things, it’ll all fall like dandruff if the swooping pigeons all scatter, you won’t catch any I do it coolly, come down amidst ostentation, be the bodhisattva through my talents."

The managers of SM Entertainment sat down listening to the competition's rap. The release happened on December 21st of 2015 and they weren't pleased at the straight fire that they were listening to. Chanyeol sat in the corner, sitting at end of the meeting table twiddling his fingers, listening to the song as well. He was bumping to the music, his head moving back and forth. He was very happy for JHope, his music was really good and would like to learn and become better than him but SM wasn't having any of that .

"...for two and a half years I’ve observed this fire-like scene as a bystander, it’s time for that endurance to respond, to overreact without hesitation. Talk all you want, paparazzi, I’m going to take aim at every one of your ears. I’ll put all my passion into it, I hope you’ll all realize when you hear..." The dancing rapper explained in his verse. 

"Chanyeol, what the hell is this?"

He twiddle his fingers more, his head tilted to the side as he bit his bottom lip and looked away. He then looked back at the managers and spoke up, clearing his throat. He was torn up inside whether to be serious or act silly in the occasion. Surely he didn't think they'd actually be mad at him for something he couldn't control. After all, he was only experimenting with music and just started off writing songs for their group, he didn't think he should start off strong like Jonghyun of SHINee.

"Well, I believe that this is um.. BTS's J-Hope, 1 verse.. it's really-"

"We know what this is Chanyeol but what we want to know is why something like this hasn't come out of you yet! This is beautiful, this is what you need! Something to show the world that you aren't our troublesome baby boy like everyone says you are. Tell the paparazzi that  you aren't as problematic as they think you are, kid."

"Uh well, I didn't.. uh.."

"..I don’t wear a mask, that’s my motto. I live while doing what I’ll do, , not everything is the same, focus on the essentials, accumulating a career, just dabble, I’ll become everything’s surface..."

They listen and paused the music. They gave Chanyeol a discerning look as he looked down at the play button just shuffling in his seat. They sighed and went through the lyrics as a team. Chanyeol felt embarrassed. He's supposed to be this great rapper, EXO's rapper Chanyeol. But if he thought that he can be a soloist rapper he's going to have to do a lot better than the little things he did now. Even if it meant that he had to dig deeper into his soul to find the right things to say to make his bad reputation go away.

"I did Unpretty Rapstar in Show Me The Money, that can get me some type of credit right?" He asked reluctantly towards the managers that were still listening to J-Hope rap. They didn't even give Chanyeol the time of day to talk about his next move. Chanyeol laid back in the chair and took a deep breath as he looks towards the window. It was a sunny day, the birds were chirping and it was nice and cold, a good day to eat spicy rice cake he assumed, but alas he was here. Being patronized, again... for something he didn't do for the first time. I mean how was he suppose to know J-Hope was going to come out with hottest rap of 2015? He surely didn't. He felt himself feeling internally punished for it. He sighed as the managers finished the song.

"I need you to find whereever he is keeping all his work, and give it to us so we can make music."

"But, Manager-nim, isn't that stealing?"

"Listen, Chanyeol, you're adorable but if you want your career to be saved, we need to find where he is getting all these lyrics from. Besides it's BigHit, they steal things from us all the time, why do you think Taehyung comes over here to see Baekhyun all the time, they are conspiring against us, Yeol. I feel it. I do. This is the way we can get back at them, their pride and joy versus our pride and joy (That's you.) in a rap battle. "

"I don't think that's a good idea, Manager.. everyone thinks I'm troublesome already, I don't want to go through more stuff, my mom stepped in last time to clear up a controversy before, she shouldn't have to be coming up here and clearing my name because the fans thinks I'm a problem child."

"They don't understand you Yeol, you're a misunderstood happy virus, just trust us, they will be begging on their knees for forgiveness by the time they hear you rap again."

" I can just write my own, it'll be good, I swear." He pleaded with the managers who have no intentions of changing their minds. He sighed, getting up and being the good little rapper he was went over to BigHit.


At BigHit Records... 


"Jiminie is ah.. no fun." Jhope teased his hyung as they  were in the studio practicing their English. Jimin wasn't giving the fun answers Hobi was looking for, for their Bangtan Videos on Youtube so both him and Namjoon, their leader, made fun of him.

"Jimin, you got no jams." The leader said as resume doing his stretches before dancing terribly like he normally does. Chanyeol just walked in, looking around the area. It was cozy and comfortable, no different from SM studios. The group stopped and Taehyung's head popped up from behind a bench from his rest with Jin.

"Wake up fattie, we have practice." Taehyung patted Jin's head several times trying to wake him up. Jin rubbed his eyes and then stretched punching Taehyung in the face lightly. Taehyung made a stink face, rubbing his slightly injured cheek and then turned his head and his attention to Chanyeol who was just wandering around trying to fulfill the manager's mission. He didn't even want to do this. He felt like his own was enough, but the managers weren't going to take no for an answer, so he had to look for that book, or at least take a glimpse of it and try to make his verses as good as Hobi's. He doesn't even know why, but whatever SM says, he was just a mere pawn.

"Chanyeol hyung! Where's Baekhyunnie? Did he not come with you this time?"

"No, not at all, he's too busy working with Suzy."

"Of Miss A?"

"That's the one." He nodded, obviously distracted. Jungkook went to Chanyeol and gave him a smile, "We are blessed with Happy Virus's presence today and yet Happy Virus doesn't seem so happy, are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine. It's nice to see you all after the Mama Awards." He nodded and gave Jungkook a friendly hug and a nudge on the forehead.

"Not to be rude" The leader said, "But why are you here?" He drank from his water bottle and got up to give the man a pound. Chanyeol greeted him in such a manner but he was quiet, he didn't want people to know his evil intentions. Suga gave him a smile before closing his eyes and sleeping again, he was tired. They were all tired and in less than 24 hours they had to continue promoting Run. their new single as well as their album that was coming up.

"Did I come at a bad time?" He raised an eyebrow, noticing that the members were taking a rest before they even started.

"Not really but I still want to know, remember, we are good rivals and we can't show you what we have in stored for you." He laughed and got into Chanyeol's face. Chanyeol stepped back and his phone started ringing. He knew it was his managers seeing if he did the job already. He declined their call and hugged on Rap Mon's neck and smiled.

"I just wanted to see you guys and talk to Hoseok if you don't mind."

"Huh! I'm BTS's Despair, J-Ho-"  He was falling asleep on himself. "Ah, mm me? Wait hold on." He looked over to Jimin and slapped his face. Jimin just sleepily blinked and went back to laying down.

"Jimin is down, everyone take.. 2 ..hours." Rap Monster went to cuddle with Jin.

"Ya, Chanyeollie." Hoseok touched Chanyeol's face, obviously very oblivious to Chanyeol's treacherous and mysterious appearance. Chanyeol sighed softly and took Hoseok into the back into the recording studio. There's where he found a redbook labeled J-HOPE. He figured that to be Hobi's. He went to touch it and he was right, there were poems upon verses that the unpretty rapstar could use to regain the love of his managers and finally get the chance to be a soloist. He breathed softly and dropped the book and looked at J-Hope.

"I wanted to know.. do you want to do a collab with me?"

"What? Why? I mean yea sure but all of a sudden, Yeol?"

"Yea? Why not." The problematic idol said softly and smiled. He figured that this was better than cheating and hiding behind his friends back. But when he went back to the office, the managers weren't pleased.

"You have one job, Chanyeol. One Job!"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't.. Manager nim..I couldn't it's lying and stealing and think of the lawsuit and BTS is our friends and I already have a lot of fans that cancel out the antifans and people who love and cherish me, no matter what mistakes I make. I'm not superhuman but I do try, and I do everything in the interest of my fans, so why should I be someone that I'm not. I may not have the edge he posesses but I have original style, I have things I want to say, give me a chance.. I know I messed up.. I know from now on people will say my name and say, 'The one in EXO, the Unpretty Rapstar?' and I'll embrace it.. and when this contract expires and EXO goes their separate ways.. I'm going to be famous, I'll be remembered   for writing what's in my heart, the one in EXO, the Unpretty Rapstar, with the big Yoda ears that use to have a pet ferret and big ugly glasses."

The managers sighed and  rubbed Chanyeol's head. They understood that he was going through a lot and that the whole dillemma was not just between them but in him too and he was in his feelings often. They knew in the bottom of their hearts that Chanyeol was a good boy. They didn't want him to be in anymore drama than he already put himself into.

"Alright, so still no to the collab because we don't have authorization as yet but you don't have to go around stealing lyrics. You're perfect on your own. I believe in your lyrics and you can go ahead and make a bomb rap. IF IT IS WORTHY, you can even perform your own solo in the next concert in America okay? Let everyone know who Park Chanyeol is okay? Now run along."

"Thank you,"  he nodded and went off to go talk to the other members of EXO. One manager leaned into the other executive.

"Are we really gonna let him be a soloist?"

"Probably not but we have to give him hope, it keeps him going."

"So should we send in the next idol to do the dirty work for us?"

"Yea, send in Kangin."