Awkward Breakfast

Your Highness

Taemin went back to his room after the dinner ended. He knew Jongin didn't like the princess but he couldn't help feel something bad was going to happen. The girl seemed like she was already in love with him and it would bring trouble, for sure. He fell back on the bed and called Agi, his kitty.

"Hey, Agi! I missed you." Taemin smiled and petted Agi's head. The cat meowed and kept staring at him.

"I feel like something bad's gonna happen. That girl seems so annoying." Taemin pouted. The cat purred and meowed again. Taemin sighed, he was talking to a cat again. Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door.

"Baby? It's me. Are you here?" Jongin asked from the other side of the door.

"Oh, yeah, come in, Jongin." Taemin said and sat up in his bed. 

Jongin opened the door and entered. He sat down next to Taemin and held his hand. "So, um... you saw her, right?"

Taemin hummed. "I don't like her."

"I don't like her either, baby. She seems so clingy. I hope she just leaves me alone."

Taemin sighed. "And what about the engagement thing? Is it really in two weeks?"

"I guess... But it won't change anything, baby, we already talked about this."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm not mad or anything, I just feel like she'll cause us trouble."

"Well... I hope not. I really don't know what to do, baby, I don't want you to be feeling like this."

"It's okay, Jongin, as long as it doesn't change anything between us, I think I can live with it."

Jongin smiled and pecked Taemin's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." Taemin whispered and kissed the prince, wrapping his arms around his neck and lingering the kiss for a few seconds. Jongin smiled and pushed him down on the bed. He ed Taemin's shirt and kissed his chest.

Taemin ran his fingers through Jongin's hair and bit his lip to keep himself from . Jongin Taemin's and smirked when he made him let out a low moan. "J-jongin, wait..." 

"I won't  go too far, baby, don't worry." Jongin said and kissed Taemin's neck.

"Sleep here tonight?" Taemin asked.

Jongin smiled and nodded, kissing Taemin again. Taemin let out another low moan, completely forgetting about his cat who just kept watching them curiously until they both fell asleep.

...

Taemin woke up to Agi's meowing the next morning. He smiled and looked to his side but his smile immediately faded when he realized he was alone in the bed. He pouted and looked at his cat. "Where did he go?" he asked, like Agi would understand or like he would actually answer him. He pouted even more and sat up in his bed, taking the kitten in his lap.

"How could he leave me like that?" he whined.

Agi stared at him, tilting his head to the side.

"You'd never leave me like that, right?" 

The cat meowed and Taemin took it as a yes.

"I swear to god, if it has something to do with that Aiko or whatever, I'm not talking to him all day." Taemin huffed and ran a hand through his hair, putting Agi aside and getting up to leave his room.

...

Taemin was walking around the castle when Sehun came to him. "Taemin! I've been looking everywhere for you." 

Taemin stopped. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"Well... Jongin hyung wasn't there when you woke up, right?"

Taemin nodded.

"Um... The queen asked him to go out with Princess Aiko, they're having breakfast together. And he asked me to tell you as soon as you wake up."

"What? Why didn't he tell me? A-and why would he go with her?" Taemin pouted.

"You were still sleeping so he asked me to tell you. And the Queen insisted so much so he couldn't say no."

Taemin sighed. "I'm so done with this . What if he ends up liking her?"

"Um... no, Taemin, I don't think he would."

"I can't just sit back and watch them take him away from me. Will you help me, Sehun?"

"Help you do what?"

"Do you know where they went?"

"Yeah?"

"We'll go have breakfast with them then."

...

Sehun took Taemin with him after 15 minutes of nagging. Jongin and the Princess were having breakfast together somewhere near the castle. Taemin looked at them eating, the Princess was laughing and Jongin smiling widely at her. They both seemed happy and it made Taemin even more jealous. He sighed and walked towards them with Sehun following him. Jongin was surprised to see him. He was about to say something when Taemin faked a smile and bowed slightly to the Princess.

"Hello, Princess Aiko." he said in a feminine voice.

Aiko looked up at him, confused. "Hello... Who are you?"

"I'm Taerin, Prince Jongin's lover. Right, your highness?" he said, looking at Jongin.

Jongin just smiled and nodded awkwardly, not sure what he was supposed to do.

Taemin smiled and sat down next to Jongin, kissing his cheek. "I missed you. You weren't there when I woke up."

Aiko's smile faded and her face started turning red. "Jongin oppa? Is that true?"

"Well... Yeah, I l-love Taerin." Jongin muttered.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? You know very well that we're getting married." She said in Japanese.

Jongin gulped, not knowing what to answer. Sehun noticed and came over to them, bowing deeply to the Princess.

"Hello, Princess Aiko! I'm Sehun, Prince Jongin's best friend. I heard so much about you, your highness. I'm so glad I finally got to meet you." he grinned.

The Princess sighed deeply then smiled at Sehun. "Hello, it's nice to meet you too."

Sehun smiled widely and sat down. "So, can we eat with you? I'm so hungry." he laughed awkwardly.

...

Jongin decided they should head  back to the castle after a few minutes. They'd had a very awkward breakfast since Taemin had decided to join, with him clinging to the Prince all along and Sehun trying to lighten the mood with some lame jokes.

Aiko walked past Taemin when they were getting ready to leave, trying her best to ignore him but the latter roughly grabbed her arm and pulled her back after making sure that Jongin and Sehun weren't watching them. "Listen, I'm only saying this once, Jongin is mine. Don't think he would ever like you just because you're a Princess. Just stop trying, it's pathetic." 

The Princess gulped. "I-I don't understand you. Let go of me."

"I know you can understand. And if you don't, maybe Jongin would translate that for you." he chuckled and let go of her arm before walking away.

...

Taemin entered his room back at the castle with a pout on his face and jumped on his bed. He decided he would ignore Jongin for the rest of the day but it was getting hard for him.

"Agi! Come here, baby."

Agi ran to the bed and jumped, walking towards Taemin. He started purring when Taemin petted his head.

"I miss him, Agi. But I'm still kind of angry at him for leaving me this morning." Taemin sighed.

Agi stared at him curiously.

"Ugh, I guess I'll just sleep again. I'm not talking to him unless he does." Taemin said and got under his blanket. He pulled Agi close to him and closed his eyes, trying to fall asleep.

...

Minho knocked on Taemin's door several times before the latter answered. Minho entered and bowed slightly.
"Miss Taerin, Prince Jongin would like to see you."

"No." Taemin muttered without even looking back at him.

Minho raised an eyebrow. "E-excuse me?"

"Tell him I'm not coming."

"But... he-"

"Just tell him I said I'm not coming."

"A-alright." Minho said and left the room, heading back to the Prince. He knocked at his door and entered. Jongin looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry your highness, she said s-she's not coming."

"What? Why? Is something wrong?"

"N-not that I know of... She only said that she's not coming."

Jongin frowned and got up, walking out of the room without even looking at Minho. He went to Taemin's room and opened the door without knocking. He found him sleeping in his bed with his cat sleeping beside him. Jongin walked to the bed and sat down next to Taemin. He leaned closer to him and softly his cheek.

"Taemin? Are you okay?" he asked. But Taemin didn't answer or even open his eyes. Jongin pressed his lips to Taemin's, giving him a quick kiss. "Baby, wake up."

Taemin's eyes fluttered open when he felt the Prince's lips on his. He was about to smile at him but then he remembered he was supposed to be mad. "Hi." he said coldly.

"Why didn't you come when I asked for you?"

"Well... I'm mad at you." 

Jongin frowned. "At me? About what?"

"Well, we were having a great night yesterday and I was expecting you to be hugging or kissing me in the morning but you weren't even there. And what's even worse is that you were with that bit-... Princess."

"You know I didn't have the choice. My mother kept nagging at me. I couldn't say no. It's not like I wanted to go out with Aiko anyway."

"Yeah, right. You looked quite happy earlier. You're even calling her by her name now."

Jongin shook his head. "You're saying nonsense, Taemin. I asked Sehun to tell you so you wouldn't freak out when you find out about it. But you still did, even when you know very well that I am gay."

"Well, who knows? You seemed like you started liking her today."

Jongin huffed. "I don't, Taemin. I don't even understand why you came today. It was so awkward. And you weren't even mad at me earlier. Why are you like this now?"

"I was acting earlier. I just wanted her to know that you're mine."

Jongin shook his head. "You're acting like a kid, Taemin. You should be more mature. She just did nothing wrong, I should be nice to her."

"Oh yeah? I thought she seems so clingy and that you want her to leave you alone. That's what you said yesterday. Why change your mind so suddenly?"

"I just changed my mind when I spent time with her today. She seems nice. And she's living with us now. I can't ignore her. My mother wouldn't let me even if I wanted to."

"Oh, so now you're okay with her being here. Okay, I get it."

"Taemin, stop. I told you a million times I'm not attracted to girls."

"Okay, whatever, can I sleep now?"

"You're still mad."

"Yeah, I am. You promised me you'll never go near her."

Jongin sighed. "Taemin, we're really fighting over nothing. This is so ridiculous."

"Oh yeah? Okay then, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"I wanna go home."

___________

Author's note: Finally updated after another 58 years. 

I know a lot of you kept asking me to update soon. I'm sorry I couldn't update sooner. 

I hope you liked this chapter, I know it's kinda short. 

Maybe Taemin is overreacting but I think everyone would if the man they love is getting married to someone else lol

Anyways, comments are very welcome lol I wouldn't promise anything because honestly, I don't know when I'll be able to update but I'll try my best.

Okay, bye now.