love sick

E4SE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It turns out that Jisoo is a wonderful pianist. Baekhyun knows so; listening to the way he presses into the keys, hitting the notes perfectly without referring to any music sheets. As he sits beside the younger man, Baekhyun taps his fingers on his lap, nodding his head along and humming to the tune. His fingers itch, dying and craving to play along, though at the same time, Baekhyun has a feeling that he would just ruin the song. Jisoo’s already playing so beautifully, that is, until he starts to sing along.

 

“Ttararara ttarattara ttarattara,” Jisoo sings-songs, going off-pitch. Baekhyun covers his mouth with his hand in order to stifle his laughter.

 

The fact that Baekhyun’s laughter rings around the room seems to stop Jisoo from playing. He could almost feel the glare that Jisoo shoots his way. “What’s so funny?”

 

“Nothing,” Baekhyun’s shoulders shake as he continues to laugh. “It’s just that… you were great at playing the piano until you started to sing.”

 

“Oh please, I can sing, probably better than you can,” Jisoo brags, or in this case, tries to defend himself, as he slams his palms on the piano.

 

“You wanna bet on it?” Baekhyun, in return, chuckles. “Do remember that Yifan was the one who hired you to teach me. I used to be a singer at the pub.”

 

A few seconds of silence pass before Baekhyun hears the younger man clearing his throat, voice stuttering to form a sentence. “W-Well, maybe some time we could have a singing competition and see who wins.”

 

“Deal,” he shrugs, clearly feeling unaffected. “Be prepared to lose.”

 

Jisoo snorts, feigning anger. “This is only the first class and you’re already trying to fight me. I can see that this was a bad idea. I’m your teacher!”

 

“I’m still older than you!” Baekhyun smacks the boy’s head. “Quit disrespecting your hyung!”

 

The younger man laughs, trying to avoid Baekhyun’s hits as he backs away. “Okay, okay! Sorry!”

 

“Can we seriously start with the lesson now?” He asks, unconsciously forming a pout with his lips.

 

“We could…” Jisoo says, before the tone in his voice turns playful. “Only if I can grab some snacks I saw at the kitchen just now.”

 

Baekhyun sighs. “You’re shameless.”

 

 

The married man plays with the spoon that was lying on the wooden table, scraping it against the wood lightly as he listens to the sound of Jisoo sipping on his drink, occasionally in delight on how the food melts in his mouth. Despite the younger man’s non-stop talking and blabbering, Baekhyun feels a sense of calmness as he sits there, in the kitchen, nodding to anything Jisoo says.

 

Staying at a home so quiet, rather uncomfortable than tranquil, only occupied with the sounds of Chanyeol’s soft breathing now and then, he must admit that Jisoo’s presence brings a foreign feeling.

 

Perhaps he was too used to being in a silent ambience. After all, Chanyeol stopped initiating any conversations after he had lost interest in his husband. Baekhyun supposes that it’s fun to listen to someone talking so loudly, voice booming through the whole kitchen. It reminds him of the days Chanyeol and him were still dating, both of them playing late-night video games in their dorm and shouting at each other’s game characters.

 

“Do you want to be an architect?” Baekhyun asks. “Is that why you’re studying architecture?”

 

Jisoo gulps down his food before he answers. “No… I was forced to study architecture.”

 

“Oh,” the smaller man raises his brow in confusion. “Why?”

 

“My parents have always wanted their children to be ‘successful people’. My older sister was forced to become a doctor and my brother had to study engineering when all he wants is to become a teacher.” Jisoo explains. “I guess we didn’t really have a choice for our future. It doesn’t really matter now, after they kicked me out of the house. They don’t consider me as their son anymore. I could drop out if I wanted to, but then it would be a waste of two years of stress and all-nighters.”

 

“Oh…” Baekhyun awkwardly replies, fidgeting at the younger man’s sudden confession. “I’m sorry.”

 

Jisoo chuckles. “It’s fine. It happened a long time ago.”

 

Baekhyun grins, giving the younger man a thumbs-up. “You can consider me as your older brother if you ever miss having one.”

 

If he still had his vision, Baekhyun would see the soft smile on Jisoo’s lips as he stares at him fondly. “I’d rather not.”

 

“Why not?” Baekhyun pouts, sulkily bringing his hand down as he continues to play with the spoon.

 

There’s a long, pregnant pause before Jisoo laughs heartily, reaching out to ruffle the married man’s hair as he teases him. “I could consider you as a younger brother instead.”

 

“Only if you wish to be dead,” Baekhyun deadpans, earning another fit of laughter from the younger man. “Wash your own dishes, kid.”

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter