The Truth

Blood Love

 

“Are you okay?” The doe-eye girl asked the tall girl standing in front of her, looking at the charging guys. They are getting closer and closer, and Sooyoung is still in pain. Yoona is starting to get worried about her, and their life.
“Yea.. Yoona, could you go to that corner and don’t peek at the fight? It’s gonna be violent..” Sooyoung pointed to the corner at the right, bearing with the pain. Not wanting to be a burden, Yoona nodded and ran to the corner to hide. As told, she did not peek. After making sure that Yoona is not anywhere near, and is not looking, Sooyoung puts on a devilish smile immediately, as she looked at the approaching guys. The aura is frightening.
“Finally... I can have a proper meal... You guys better not run away. Cause I’m gonna feast.” It was as though there was a change in personality. The girl standing in front of them now, is not the protective one from before, but a devil. Seeing and hearing that, the guys stopped, and do not dare to approach. Her aura is getting more and more devilish, making the guys back away slightly.
“What.. what is she talking about?” One of the members asked.
“This... this is getting weird... I have a bad feeling about this..” The other added.
The leader is getting scared too, but he did not wish to show it in front of s. It would hurt his pride. Like the members did, he backed away slightly, hoping to stay as far away as possible from the devil.
“What are you guys waiting for? Get.. get her!” Seeing that the guys are not moving at all, he shouted.
Even though they are scared, they did not want to disobey their leader. After much hesitation, they charged again. Seeing that, Sooyoung smirked. She moves instantly, at high speed, not allowing the guys to see her. The guys stopped in their track and looked around, trying to find her.
“I’m here..” She said, as she stood behind one of them, hugging him slightly. He, of course, felt happy but not for long. Within seconds, she bared her fangs and all his blood away. His fellow gang members, who were envious of him just now, were now horrified. They start to run away, screaming. Even though she is curious, Yoona knows that she should not peek, as she had promised Sooyoung to do so. And she did not. Fearing that Yoona would peek due to all the screaming, Sooyoung increases her speed, draining the blood of every one of them.
“De.. demon.. get.. get away from me!” The leader was shocked. He ran as fast as he could, away from the girl. But Sooyoung is able to catch up easily, and soon, he is down. After finishing them off, Sooyoung reposition their bodies, making sure that Yoona would not see their blood-drained faces when she comes out.
“Yoona.. it’s done.. You may come out now.” Sooyoung called out.
Yoona stuck her head out, and surveyed the area. The guys were all on the floor, not moving an inch. Thinking that Sooyoung had beaten them up badly, she smiled and approached the tall girl.
“You’re amazing..”
“Thanks. Let’s go home now~” Sooyoung replied, smiling like a little kid. Seeing that the childish and cheerful side of Sooyoung is back, Yoona let out a sigh of relief, but at the same time, she was puzzled.
“You.. no longer look pale...”
“I rested enough. Come on. Let’s go.” Sooyoung pulls the girl closer and hug her, preparing to jump. However, before they set off, Yoona noticed something disturbing. The two bloodied holes on the neck of the guy that was closest to them. The content of the newspaper article flowed through her mind, reminding her of it. Fear strikes her immediately. She quickly pushed Sooyoung away, and stared hard into the eyes of the girl.
“Why did you do that for?” Sooyoung was obviously confused.
“You.. You are the serial murderer, aren’t you..?” Yoona asked, as she backed away slowly.
“Wha.. what do you mean?” Sooyoung knows clearly what Yoona meant, but she did not want to admit to that so easily. She moves closer to Yoona, wanting to hold her tight in her own embrace and try to calm her down.
“Don’t pretend that you know nothing... you killed these guys, didn’t you..?” Yoona backed away even more. “Like what you did to Kim Jin Il. Like what you did to those 6 criminals... It’s all done by you, isn’t it?”
“Why did you start to talk about these..? Did something happen today?” Sooyoung moves closer and faster, hoping to get to the girl soon.
“Don’t.. don’t come near me! Just answer me.. Are you..?” Yoona was hoping for a no. She knew that she saw this girl somewhere before but she could not remember. But she does know that this girl gives her a really special feeling. It hurts her heart if she was to reply with a yes. Tears start to form in her eyes. Tiny droplets roll down her cheeks. She is crying. For a truth that she might not want to know.
Sooyoung kept quiet. She knew that she could not keep it from Yoona anymore. About her identity. “I.. am not a murderer.” Sooyoung replied, finally. And soon after she did so, she disappeared. Yoona was dumbfounded, not knowing how to react, and before she could, Sooyoung was behind her. “It’s my nature... I can’t help it.. I’m a vampire..”
“Vam.. vampire?” Yoona was shocked by her sudden reappearance behind her, and was even more shocked by what she said. She tries to get away from the girl, but Sooyoung stopped her by hugging her tightly.
“Yes.. Please don’t move... Let me explain...”
“Let me go... Are you.. planning to silence me?” Yoona is scared. She does not want to die. Not under the hands of this girl. But she did not struggle.
“Calm down, Yoona.. I’m not going to do anything. I just want you to listen..” Sooyoung tightens her hold, bringing Yoona’s body closer to hers. “To tell the truth, I hated my own race... Killing people to satisfy our own thirst.. But I can’t help it... I’m born this way. I’m born as a vampire. There’s no way to escape from the reality... I tried a lot of time but failed... Every time, when I tried to stop drinking human blood, I ended up with a headache after sometime. A headache that is so painful... So painful that I can’t even move...”
There was silence. The tears from Yoona’s eyes are still flowing and constantly hitting Sooyoung’s hand. Yoona seems to have understand Sooyoung’s pain. But she did not say anything.
“That’s why I deliberately chose those that truly deserve to die...” Sooyoung added, seeing that Yoona is not responding, and had clearly calmed down.
“Then... why did you let me stay with you..? Why did you take the risk of having me to find out about you..?” Yoona questioned.
Upon hearing that, Sooyoung let go of the girl immediately, as she tries to cover her already redden face. “It’s.. It’s because...”
Yoona turns around to face the girl, and was surprised to see a red face. “Because..?”
“Because..” Sooyoung could not bring out enough courage to tell the truth. The truth about her feelings. “... Do.. do you remember anything from two months ago..?”
“Of course..”
“Then do you remember that, during one of the nights, you woke up from your sleep and saw a girl rolling on the floor?” Sooyoung asked, and stopped to observe Yoona’s reaction. There was none. She is trying to recall. “And that girl even tries to attack you.. Do you remember?” Sooyoung added.
“... Yes... And the girl ran away before she could do anything.. The girl that I had been looking for.. the girl that I had been waiting for every night...” Yoona replied suddenly, after a short period of silence.
“You... are looking for the girl?” Sooyoung was shocked. She does not understand why Yoona is looking for her. “But why?”
“I.. I don’t know. But every night, I would wake up automatically, and look around to see whether she came by. It was as though, my heart, is the one that is looking for her...” Yoona looked at the floor, saddened.
“Your... your heart..?”
“I.. think I had fallen in love... from the moment she pounced on me... I know it’s ridiculous but.. when she did that.. I.. my heart was pounding so fast... not because I was scared. But of some other reasons...”
“You.. serious..?” Sooyoung was feeling so happy deep down in her heart. But she did not know what to say to tell the doe-eye girl that the girl is in fact, her. The doe-eye girl nodded and looked up. They stared into each other’s eyes intensely, causing Sooyoung to feel shy and turn away quickly. Then, Yoona noticed something. Something really important.
“Sooyoung you...”
“Huh?”
“Are... that... that girl?”
“Wh.. what? How.. how did you know?”
“The reason why you look familiar... The reason why I get this special feeling whenever I was with you.. It’s because you are that girl...” Yoona brightened up. Finally, after such a long time, she found the one that she had been desperately looking for and waiting for. She wants to hug her tightly but stopped, thinking that Sooyoung might not accept this sudden and ridiculous confession. “I... I’m sorry... I know it’s ridiculous... but..” Yoona moves away quickly and looked at the floor once again.
“No.. It’s not ridiculous. Nothing is ridiculous about that.” Sooyoung interrupted, and moves towards her, bringing her into her own embrace, enjoying the warm that Yoona gave her. “This is the reason why I let you live with me, despite the risk of you finding out about me. Can you hear it? My heart. The heart that is pumping so wildly for you right now..”
“Huh..?” Yoona stood still, surprised by the girl’s words.
“I.. wanted to be with you... Over the past two months, I had been thinking of you, missing you and wanting to see you again. But I didn’t dare to go back to find you. I was so happy... when I finally see you again, on that fateful night...” Sooyoung continued. “The truth is... I love you...”
“Real.. really?” Yoona blushed instantly, but Sooyoung obviously did not see it, since they are hugging.
“Yes. I swear. It’s the truth..”
Hearing that, Yoona smiled. She puts her arms around the girl, returning the hug. They stayed still for a period of time, enjoying the warm that each other gave. Sooyoung was glad that she had confessed everything. The wall between them was finally gone and now, they are together.