Lost and Found

Blood Love

 

“Are you really going to be okay..? You look pale..” The doe-eye girl stared at the slightly taller girl who is standing in front of her.
“Yea.. I’m alright.. Just go in..” The latter replied, giving her a weak smile. She had not been eating proper meals lately, and the series of nightmares that continued for the third day had made her so much weaker than before. Her movements were clearly slower too.
“You are not coming with me?”
“Guess not.. Gonna need some rest..”
“Agree.. You totally need that.. Be careful on your way back then.. See ya.” The doe-eye girl gave her a hug before entering the school compound, turning her head several times to check on her. The girl at the gate stared at the doe-eye girl for a while, feeling happy about the hug but could not show it because she was too tired to. After ensuring that the girl had got into the building, she walked away slowly. This time, she is not jumping. The usual ten-minute walk took her twenty minutes this time. Upon reaching her house, she went to her room and sat down at the desk, staring blankly at the stack of papers. Images start to appear again, in her mind. Images of that incident. She tries to distract herself by looking through the papers but it did not work. Instead, pain stuck her head once again. She fell to the ground, unable to bear with the gnawing pain in her head. She let out a high pitch scream before she finally lose her conscious.
Meanwhile, in school, Yoona suddenly jerked up. She looked out of the window immediately. She thought she heard a scream. A high pitch scream. Her attention was fixed and did not change even when the teacher came in for the lesson.
“Class, we are going to do a small project work. Please split yourselves into groups of three and settle down.” The teacher announced, as he stood behind the big desk at the front of the classroom.
The whole class, except Yoona, stood up instantly and start to move around, getting into their own groups. Yoona’s friends sat down beside her and had a small chat between themselves. A group of guys approached the group and stood in front of Yoona, who was still staring out of the window.
“Yoona, can we be in your group?” The guys asked, as they pushed each other away, trying to be the one to stand right in front of the doe-eye girl. Yoona did not reply.
“She’s gonna be with us. Get lost..” One of Yoona’s friend said, standing up and chasing them away as though she is chasing cats away.
“Shut up, . You’re not Yoona.” Feeling slightly insulted by her actions, the guys retorted.
“What did you just..” She glared at the guys angrily.
Snapping back to her sense, Yoona tugged on her friend’s shirt, signalling to her to stop. She then turn to the guys and gave them a weak smile. “.. Sorry.. I’m going to be in their group.. Please form your own group..”
Seeing that the guys apologised and moved away, in a dreamy and happy state. They literally melted. After making sure that everyone is ready, the teacher called out for a representative from each group to get a topic from him. Yoona’s friend went forward and picked out a topic, which is a newspaper article.
“We are quite lucky. Got a recent popular topic.” She waved the piece of paper in her hand, as she returns to the group. She then passed the paper to Yoona, to allow her to read it.

Mysterious murders. Who could it be? And who’s next?
Recently, there had been cases of suspected murder. And there were some common things among all these murders. Firstly, all victims were offenders that were either judged innocent or missing. Secondly, all of them died from excessive blood loss, which is believed to be caused by the two holes found on their necks. However, there was no blood stain at the scene of the crime. Police are still investigating the truth behind all these. The victims are.... The last victim was the infamous and abductor of up to ten cases, Kim Jin Il. He was found dead in the third alley of the city of...

Reading that, train of thoughts ran through Yoona’s mind. The last victim, Kim Jin Il. In the third alley. Isn’t that.. Yoona’s face turns paler and paler as she starts to recall that particular night. Something is amiss. About that girl that save her. It.. It can’t be... There.. There must be some mistakes..
“Are.. are you okay?” Yoona’s friend shook her lightly, looking at her.
“Why are you constantly in daze today? It’s the same just now, when the guys asked you to join their group..” The other friend of hers added.
“Sorry.. thinking of something.. let’s continue...” Yoona snapped back to reality once again and smiled, giving the piece of paper to her friends.

-----

The school bell rang. Yoona’s friends went off first after saying their goodbyes to Yoona. Slowly, still thinking about the matter, Yoona makes her way to the school gate and realises that Sooyoung is not around. She looked around and did not see her anywhere. “She.. didn’t come? How am I suppose to go back..?” She murmured to herself as she walked out of the school compound, down the streets, trying to find her way back to Sooyoung’s house. After walking for almost thirty minutes, Yoona was sure that she was lost. Really lost. Oh great... what now..?

-----

“... Argh... My.. my head..” The tall girl pushed herself off the ground, with on hand on her head. The pain is still there, but not as serious as before. Through her half-closed eyes, she caught a glimpse of the time on the clock that is on her desk. She soon realised that she did not go and fetch Yoona, who most probably does not know her way back, from school. Panicking, she grabbed her coat and went out immediately, despite the throbbing pain.

-----

The doe-eye girl continues to wander around the neighbourhood, looking around, trying to find familiar looking objects. During her search, she fails to notice the approaching figures and ended up bumping into them. “I.. I’m sorry..” She apologised immediately, bowing continuously.
“Did your parents..” The one that she bumped into were the local gangsters’ leader. Not knowing that, she stopped bowing and continue to look around, moving away. The leader stopped talking after realising something. He turned to his gang and grinned, sending signals through their eyes. The members surround the girl instantly.
“H.. huh?” Yoona stood still and looked at the group of guys surrounding her.
“Are you lost?” The leader asked, as he walked up to her, standing close to her.
“Y.. yea..”
“Let us bring you to your destination then. Where are you going?” The leader smiled.
“I... I don’t know.. Do you, by any chance, know where the house of a tall girl is? She’s around this tall.. and she’s pretty..” Yoona stretched her arm out, trying to show them the estimated height.
“Ohh... That girl. Yea. Come on. We will bring you there.” The gang start to move, and the leader signalled to the doe-eye girl, asking her to follow them. Not knowing their real intent, Yoona followed them, happily. After walking for quite some time, Yoona is getting a little worried and scared. The path that they are on do not seem like it is going to Sooyoung’s house. But the gang did not stop.
“Err.. w.. where are we going..? This place doesn’t seem to be anywhere near to..” Yoona asked, looking around before stopping to stare at the gang, who stopped too.
“Where are we going? Let’s say that we are just gonna be staying here until we are done playing...” The gang turn around and surround her once again. The leader approaches her and stood in front of her, standing real close, making her uncomfortable. She tries backed away slightly but was blocked by the gang members. Now, she is really scared.

-----

“Dammit! She’s not here... Where did she go?!” Sooyoung arrived at the school gate to realise that Yoona was gone. She looked around for a short while, before jumping off, from roof to roof, in search of the doe-eye girl. Her weak body is slowing her down greatly but she forced herself to speed up. She did not want Yoona to get into any trouble. While she was jumping around, she stopped at the highest lamp post nearby for a short rest and stood there, surveying the whole area. Then, she notices something. At some distance away, there was a group of guys, surrounding a girl. And the girl looks familiar. She stared hard at that group and she knew she found the doe-eye girl. “YOONA!!” She shouted, as loud as possible, as she jumped off the lamp post, in the direction of where the group was at. At the same time, Yoona is having a hard time.
“Get... get away from me!” She shouted, trying to move away from them but failed. One of them grabbed hold of Yoona’s arms from the back, locking her movements. The others start to move closer and closer, especially the leader. “Come on... It will be fun..” He said, as his hands move towards Yoona’s uniform, attempting to it. However, before he could do anything, something hits him from the back.
“Get your filthy hands off her!” A voice was heard. The guys were soon flying in all direction, including the one holding on to Yoona. Yoona was dragged away from the guys and settled at a spot far away from them. It was Sooyoung. The gang stood up quickly and gathered.
“What the heck.. You! How dare you hit me!? Get them!” The leader ordered. The rest followed his command and charged at the two girls.
“Stay behind me. And be careful.” Sooyoung said, to Yoona, and got into fighting position. She fought off the guys easily, sending them flying away once again. But the side effects of not eating proper meals and the nightmares caught up once again. Pain stuck her head again. Realising that the tall girl is in pain, the leader signalled to the rest of the members to attack again. With Sooyoung still in pain, Yoona finds herself helpless in this situation, with no one around to help and a group of guys charging at them.