Chapter 24

Maybe It Is Love

Donghae’s heart started beating faster. Was he dreaming? Or was Eunhyuk out of his mind?

 

“W-What are y-you saying? I-I’m going home,” the brunette stuttered out, tilting his head down to hide his flushed cheeks.

 

Eunhyuk grabbed his wrist before he could run away from the elder boy and pulled him close to his chest. Eunhyuk sneaked his arms around Donghae’s waist, keeping him in place and brought his face close to the younger boy’s ear, “Where are you running to?”

 

“I-I need to go h-home and c-cook. I’m hungry,” Donghae huffed, voice sulking because he was sure that Eunhyuk was joking about the date.

 

“What about our date?” Eunhyuk furrowed his eyebrows in question, wondering if Donghae didn’t want to date him.

 

Donghae shifted a bit and tried to get away from the elder boy’s hold on him but the redheaded boy prevented him by tightening his arms, making the brunette’s back touch the redheaded male’s chest. He felt so content when he was hugging his wife like this. Wife. Eunhyuk was trying to get used to the term.

 

“Don’t joke,” Donghae’s voice was nearly inaudible as he mumbled, confused at the sudden affection Eunhyuk was showing him, “Or I’ll really end up believing it.”

 

Donghae felt the arms around his waist disappear, making him bow his head in disappointment. His upper teeth gnawed at his bottom lip as he stared at his shoes, waiting for Eunhyuk to laugh and say that the brunette was right about the date being a joke but instead, Eunhyuk turned him around. He frowned upon seeing the younger boy looking down. “Look at me,” he uttered in a commanding tone.

 

His frown deepened when Donghae kept his gaze downwards, resulting in him to place his index finger under the younger boy’s chin, tilting his head upwards to meet his eyes. “Look at me when you talk.” Eunhyuk could see the question in the younger boy’s glistening eyes, “For your information, I wasn’t joking.”

 

“B-But,” the brunette sighed dejectedly, “You shouldn’t go on a date with someone like me. We......don’t look good together.”

 

The elder boy cupped the younger one’s cheeks and stared deep in his eyes, “We don’t?”

 

Donghae shook his head with a little pout, “Not even a bit.”

 

An affectionate smile crept on Eunhyuk’s face and his heart swelled with adoration. Can I just bend down and bite his lips? I wasted so much time being stubborn. How can I not fall for him if he looks so cute?

 

“Then I don’t care if we don’t look good together. We will go on a date tomorrow and that’s final. You dare denying it and see what I do,” the redheaded male stated in a commanding tone. Letting his hands fall from Donghae’s cheek, he grabbed his wrist in a tight grip and started walking down the sidewalks, dragging Donghae along. “Let’s have dinner outside tonight. Consider it as our first official date.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae huffed in annoyance for the nth time that night. He wanted to choke the waitress to death but he was too nice commit a murder. But that didn’t mean that the annoyingly pretty waitress had to so obviously flirt with his husband in front of him.

 

There were enough people in the restaurant for her to go and show her face to them. Why couldn’t she go and flirt with some other customer? Why did she have to flirt with Eunhyuk instead of the people that were checking her out? Donghae didn’t understand if she was simply dumb or if she couldn’t see the ring on the brunette’s finger. He did try to show off his wedding ring in front of her face a couple of times but she just wouldn’t get the hint.

 

How annoying! Donghae puffed his cheeks with air with an irritated expression on his face that was too obvious. Is it because Hyukkie doesn’t have a ring on his finger that she thinks he is single? Well, he is single after all. It’s not like the ring or I mean anything to him.

 

Eunhyuk was scanning the menu but he was also observing the younger boy’s reaction from the corners of his eyes. He was well aware of the waitress’ flirty behavior towards him but strangely enough, he wasn’t even feeling like flirting back. He was surprised at his own discovery that even though the waitress was pretty, Eunhyuk could only concentrate on Donghae’s cute and sulky face that was red with jealousy at that moment.

 

He suddenly felt so proud because Donghae was jealous over him. Such a beautiful person loved him. It was such a nice feeling that the redheaded boy could feel his heart fill with a sense of warmth, making him grin with his gums visible.

 

He quietly showed the waitress the menu and pointed at the food he wanted for them with his index finger and then set his focus on his date again. He grinned and reached forward over the table to poke the brunette’s puffy cheeks.

 

“Ow,” Donghae winced, rubbing his cheek as he glared at the elder boy, “It hurt.”

 

“Sorry,” Eunhyuk smirked. He wanted to see more of the younger’s jealous expression so he decided to a little, “Did you see the waitress? Gosh, she is hot! Do you think we will look good together?”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes, “No, you wouldn’t. You would look like a dumb monkey beside her.”

 

“Why? I could tell that she was flirting with me,” the elder boy smirked as he noticed the Donghae glaring at the flower vase on the table.

 

“You were imagining it,” the brunette argued, lifting his gaze to glare at Eunhyuk.

 

The redheaded boy bit his lip to suppress his laugh. His reactions are just too cute. My heart is going to burst out of my chest. “I don’t think so. Look, she is checking me out.”

 

Donghae turned his head in the direction the waitress went and saw that she was really staring at Eunhyuk with hungry eyes. His lips tightened with anger and he looked at his lap, hissing through his teeth, “So what do you want to do? Take her out?”

 

“Maybe. Her legs are long and she is y too. I think I’m going to ask her phone number when she brings our food.”

 

When Donghae lifted his head to look at him again, Eunhyuk was surprised to see him smiling beautifully with his white teeth peeking through his thin lips and eyes shaped like crescents. “Okay,” he beamed, “Good luck with that. I’m going home.”

 

Despite the brightness of his smile, Eunhyuk knew that Donghae wasn’t saying those words with true glee. He wanted to tease the brunette a bit and make him jealous but he didn’t think that Donghae would get angry to the point of leaving without eating anything with such a scarily sweet smile plastered on his face.

 

The brunette male stood up from the chair he had been occupying and proceeded to do as he said but before he could reach the exit of the restaurant, he was hugged by Eunhyuk from behind.

 

“Where do you think you are going?” the elder male growled in his ear.

 

Donghae tried to get out of his embrace and started struggling, making the other boy hug him even tighter, “I’m going home! Didn’t I already tell you?”

 

“You’re not going anywhere! We are supposed to have dinner together,” he said in a domineering tone, making the younger boy shiver slightly and stop his struggles.

 

“I don’t want to,” Donghae’s voice weakened slightly, “You are a jerk. I don’t want to go on a date with a jerk. I cancel tomorrow’s date. You can go with that pretty waitress if you want to. I don’t care.” Donghae muttered in a breath as tears gathered in his eyes.

 

They were oblivious to the curious looks they were getting from the few other customers in the restaurant. It was an expensive one so there weren’t much people.

 

“I don’t plan on dating her. You and I are going together tomorrow, that’s it!” Eunhyuk demanded because he wouldn’t give up the date for his own foolishness.

 

“I already said I won’t. Even if you are with me, you’ll only talk about girls and flirt with them, just like now. I don’t want a date where I will feel like a third wheel,” Donghae let the words out under one breath.

 

Eunhyuk was shocked at the younger boy’s outburst. He never knew he made him feel like this, feel so hurt and unimportant. I am an idiot! he scolded himself inwardly because how could he keep hurting the brunette continuously without noticing how much pain he hid in his heart?

 

It felt so good to let out his anger and disappointment but Donghae knew that he had said too much. He shouldn’t have let Eunhyuk see how much he was hurting inside and how much he was craving for his husband’s attention. A single tear rolled down the brunette’s cheek and he quickly wiped it so the elder male wouldn’t see it. “Forget it. I’m leaving,” his voice was much softer and there was a silent agitation in his tone, making Eunhyuk feel guiltier than he was already feeling.

 

Donghae tried to pry Eunhyuk’s hands off his body again but the other boy didn’t let him. “Just... let me.... go,” he struggled to set himself free but the redheaded male spun him around and then cupped his face in a strong but gentle manner, “Listen to me, Hae. I don’t have any interest in that girl. I was just trying to make you jealous!”

 

“No, let me....wait, what?” Donghae blinked his eyes in confusion.

 

Eunhyuk averted his eyes elsewhere, scratching the nape of his neck awkwardly and stuttered to form words. “Well, you look k-kind of cute...... when you’re jealous. So, I-I was just, you know, teasing you,” Eunhyuk confessed.

 

The brunette stared at the nervous boy with a blank expression on his face. Eunhyuk felt a lump form in his throat at the unwanted silence that was surrounding them. He was nervous because what if Donghae was still angry for what he did earlier? The elder boy felt like he could chew all his nails out because of how anxious he felt. He couldn’t even make eye-contact with Donghae as he was so embarrassed.

 

As he peeked at the brunette’s face, he found a shy smile adorning the younger boy’s thin lips, making him stare at the beautiful sight intensely.

 

“L-Let’s go back to o-our table. I-I think the food has arrived,” the brunette muttered shyly and without looking at Eunhyuk, he walked to their table. The elder followed behind with a tiny smile of his own, scratching the nape of his neck in embarrassment.

 

As they ate in silence, Donghae suddenly choked on his food. Coughing violently, he patted his own chest to calm his chokes down. Eunhyuk quickly helped the brunette and made him drink some water and finally after a few more coughs Donghae became normal.

 

“What happened?” Eunhyuk asked with pure concern in his voice.

 

The younger looked up with wide eyes, “Did you call me H-Hae earlier?”

 

Eunhyuk was surprised at the question, “I guess..... Do you mind if I call you that?”

 

The younger male’s face flushed and he stuttered cutely, “I-It sounds. ..... um........ v-very intimate.”

 

The redheaded teenager smirked at the other boy’s flustered reaction. Leaning over the table, he brought his face closer to Donghae with a charming and playful smile, “It’s okay. We are dating after all, Hae.”

 

“Hyukkie!” Donghae whined and Eunhyuk laughed, “Finish your food, Hae.”

 

The dinner was spent with Eunhyuk calling Donghae by the new nickname teasingly and the younger boy blushing furiously, pouting and punching Eunhyuk’s shoulder a few times.

 

It was pleasant like a dream. A dream that the dreamer wanted to become real but after he woke up, it would vanish, only leaving behind the bittersweet feeling of knowing the difference between dreams and reality.

 

 

Donghae knew. Because he was a dreamer himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hae! Lee Donghae! Wake up!”

 

Donghae groaned as the loud voice disturbed his sleep. It was Sunday and he didn’t want to wake up so soon. He ignored the loud voice of his husband and continued sleeping. After a couple of minutes though, everything became calm and peaceful and Donghae was thankful that Eunhyuk had spared him more time to sleep.

 

It came as a surprise when warm breath ticked the shell of his ear and a husky voice spoke next to his ear sensually, “If you don’t wake up right now, I’ll kiss you.”

 

The brunette’s eyes snapped wide open and as he found a handsome face merely centimetres away from his own, a mischievous smirk playing on the plump lips.

 

He jerked backwards, an alarmed expression plastered on his face, making the back of his head collide with the headboard.

 

“Ow!” the brunette rubbed his head where it hurt, glaring at the other boy who was smirking at him, kneeling on the floor beside his bed. Eunhyuk stood up and then grinned, “Hurry up and get dressed. We have a date today.”

 

Donghae gaped as Eunhyuk winked at him and left the younger boy’s room haughtily.

 

He gulped and then curled into himself on the bed. He is so handsome! My heart is going to explode! Donghae screamed inwardly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After taking a fresh bath and brushing his teeth, Donghae got out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, drying his hair with another one. The brunette threw the towel in his hand away and opened his closet. As he searched for something to wear, he unconsciously let the towel around his waist fall to the floor.

 

“Hae, Why are you taking so l-”

 

Both of the boys, one who just barged into the room without knocking and one who was very much from head to toe, back facing the former froze on their spots.

 

One, two, three seconds passed and Donghae yelped loudly, grabbing a t-shirt from the closet and covered his crotch area with it, turning around abruptly so that his back was pressed against the closet. He breathed heavily, staring at Eunhyuk with wide brown eyes full of shock and mouth agape in disbelief.

 

Eunhyuk stood with dazed almond eyes staring right back into brown ones. The redheaded boy felt his heart race fast as a weird feeling built up in his stomach. He took sub-concious steps towards the younger boy, half-hard between his legs with a strange arousal that he hadn’t felt before.

 

As Eunhyuk decreased the distance between the two of them, Donghae gnawed on his thin lip and pressed his body harder against the closet. His fingers desperately searched for something to hold on, wondering why the former was approaching him with such a gaze full of unbearable intensity that made his throat become dry as if he hadn’t drunk any water for days.

 

Something kept tugging Eunhyuk closer to Donghae. It was either he was very from not having and relying on his own hands for the past week or the fact that he had never desired somebody so much only catching only a glimpse of their body. But right at this moment, Eunhyuk felt his mouth salivating like a wild animal who had laid his eyes on his most alluring prey ever.

 

And the redheaded boy could feel the need to touch the expanse of the smooth, untouched skin served on a silver platter in front of his eyes as the desire started crawling into his loin. He couldn’t help it. He was a man and the thought of manhandling another man strangely turned him on. Or maybe because it was Donghae, the man who loved him like no one ever did and also the man who Eunhyuk could give a try to love back.

 

As Eunhyuk caged the brunette between his body and the open closet, Donghae stopped breathing. Eyes never leaving his husband’s one-lidded ones, Donghae made an impossible attempt to walk backwards to maintain some distance so that their chests wouldn’t touch or Eunhyuk would know the condition Donghae’s heart was in.

 

Face inches apart, Donghae’s eyes travelled to Eunhyuk’s plump pink lips. And when he looked up again, he saw Eunhyuk eyeing his thin ones. His eyelashes fluttered and eyelids closed slowly, breath caught in his lungs and mind fighting with nervousness.

 

He waited, eyes clenched tightly for the touch of the other’s lips on his. But he felt them on his forehead instead and it made him open his eyes slowly.

 

Eunhyuk held Donghae’s dark blue button-up shirt in hand, smiling at the brunette slightly, “Wear this today.”

 

Donghae’s eyes shifted towards his shirt and he took it from the redheaded boy, a bit dumbfounded at what just happened.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled at the younger’s expression, “Hurry up. I made breakfast.” Eunhyuk pinched the brunette’s button nose and then with another chuckle, left the room, closing the door behind him.

 

When he was far from the room in which his object of temptation was, the redheaded male dropped on the couch of their living room. He was so relieved to have gained his sense back at the right time and leave the younger’s bedroom without ravishing the boy that he could thank the angels of heaven all day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are we going?” Donghae wondered outloud as he stared out of Eunhyuk’s car window. The redheaded male had been driving for almost two hours and they were still in the middle of nowhere. Donghae was curious about what Eunhyuk planned for the date.

 

The thought of going on a long drive excited the brunette but he had a feeling that Eunhyuk had something else in mind.

 

“Just pe patient, dummy,” Eunhyuk chuckled as Donghae asked him the same question for the seventh time that day.

 

“Can’t you just tell me? And who the hell are you calling a dummy?” the younger boy raised his voice a bit, slightly annoyed because of the handsome smirk at the corner of the elder boy’s lips.

 

“Do you see anyone other than you here? Of course it’s you,” Eunhyuk’s smirk got even slyer than before as he saw Donghae pout angrily.

 

“Ten marks deducted. You haven’t earned a mark yet so your points now are...... minus ten!” Donghae beamed after his successful calculation.

 

Eunhyuk narrowed his eyes in confusion, “What? What marks?”

 

“The purpose of this date is to know how well you can handle a date with a guy. So, I decided to give you points. If you can achieve 80% marks, you will pass with an A+. But you already got minus points, so you will have to work extra hard to impress me,” the younger boy explained calmly with sparkling eyes, “How does that sound?”

 

“Whoa whoa, why didn’t I know about it?” Eunhyuk glared at the younger boy.

 

“Because I didn’t want to tell you,” the brunette stuck his tongue out childishly.

 

“I made breakfast for you. Don’t I get points for that?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I said so!”

 

“That’s not fair!”

 

“It is!”

 

Eunhyuk tsked, “Huh, it doesn’t really matter. I’ll recover the points in a few hours anyway.”

 

Donghae snickered, “So much confidence, huh?”

 

The elder boy smirked, full of self-confidence and pointed at his own face, “Do you see this face, Lee Donghae? I’ll gain 70% marks with just my handsomeness. Just wait and see.”

 

Donghae puffed his cheeks and crossed his arms over his chest, “That’s it. I’m not talking to you anymore.”

 

The redheaded boy only laughed and twisted the steering wheel, taking a left turn. He glanced at the sulking brunette once in a while, enjoying the other boy’s presence very much.

 

Unbeknownst to him, Donghae smiled slightly, a pink blush spreading over his cheeks. He was glad that they were not awkward and were conversing like a couple in a long-term relationship.

 

And Donghae decided that he liked arguing with his husband over stupid things.

 


 

A/N: I know I’m so late! But I really had a hard time writing this chapter.

I don’t know what to write about the date. I want it to be unique and special but I don’t have any idea!

Can you, please, suggest me some ideas?

I never went on a date. So, I am really inexperienced in this matter.

Please, help me with ideas. I can’t start writing the next chapter if I don’t find the date plan.