Chapter 19

Maybe It Is Love

“Guys, attention!” Kyuhyun clapped his palms together, trying to get the other boys to look at him. But they were busy with their own doings.

 

“Guys, please!” Kyuhyun shouted loudly, making the whole cafeteria become silent. Everyone was staring at the standing boy, including his own friends, waiting for him to say what he wanted to.

 

Kyuhyun slowly turned to look at the girl sitting on Eunhyuk’s lap with an overly sweet and the fakest polite smile. “Ms, can you please go back to your table? Your friends are waiting for you,” he said so politely that Heechul started coughing violently.

 

Hangeng panicked and quickly gave him a bottle of water, rubbing his back comfortingly.

 

“Um.....,” the girl watched Kyuhyun confusedly and then looked at Eunhyuk for instruction who shrugged carelessly. Heechul finally stopped coughing and glared at the girl, “ing leave, now,” he hissed through his teeth.

 

The girl quickly got up from Eunhyuk’s lap and proceeded to give him a kiss. Heechul growled and she quickly left the table, stumbling in her way.

 

“Well, Kyu, what were you trying to say?” Heechul asked.

 

“Right,” he took his seat, the rest of the cafeteria went on doing their own business, “You know, it’s leap year and I was saying that we should arrange a small party to have some fun. So, is anyone interested?”

 

The whole table quieted down. They stared at Kyuhyun dumbly for a few moments.

 

And then.

 

“It’s a ing brilliant idea,” Siwon exclaimed.

 

“Right! So, when and where is the party going to be held?” Sungmin asked enthusiastically.

 

“Who should we invite?” Yesung joined.

 

“Should we order the food or should I cook for the party? What do you want to eat?” Ryeowook asked, getting excited.

 

“What should I wear? I need to look good,” Heechul mumbled to himself.

 

“Don’t worry, you always look pretty,” Hangeng said, pecking Heechul’s cheek. Heechul blushed and punched Hangeng’s shoulder shyly.

 

“We should start planning now,” Siwon said.

 

“Boys,” everyone turned to look at Eunhyuk, “Will there be girls?”

 

Everyone glared at the redheaded boy. “Shut up,” they said in unison.

 

And so they got carried away with planning the party. They argued about their decisions and Eunhyuk snickered, shaking his head at his friends’ behavior. He wondered where Donghae was as the brunette didn’t come to the cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae gulped the water and set his water bottle down on the ground. Then he quickly started writing again because lunchtime was almost over but he hadn’t finished his math homework yet. He cursed and scolded himself inwardly for forgetting to do his homework at home. It’s a good thing that he always brought an extra notebook to school in case he needed it.

 

He had decided to ditch lunch and went to the rooftop to do his homework. So, he was currently sitting on the ground of the roof, doing his annoying math homework. Donghae finished the last sum and closed his notebook with a relieved sigh. His stomach growled but he ignored it. He didn’t have enough time for eating lunch.

 

Donghae stood up from the ground and walked towards the stairs. As he was climbing down, he suddenly saw a boy sitting on one of the stairs while crying silently.

 

Donghae furrowed his eyebrows in worry, Who is he? Why is he crying? He stood there dumbly, not knowing if he should just go to his next class or if he should comfort the boy. He reminded himself that whatever was bothering the boy wasn’t his business but his kindness didn’t allow him to just leave the boy alone crying like this. He was so absorbed in his thought that he didn’t notice that his grip on his pen was getting loose. The pen dropped on the hard stairs with a loud noise and rolled down a few steps before slowing down and stopping completely. The noise made the crying boy look behind him. He was surprised to see the brunette standing there and quickly wiped his tears away.

 

“Um.... s-sorry, I was just passing-by and..... I saw you...” Donghae trailed off.

 

“I-It’s okay,” the boy replied with flushed cheeks, embarrassed to be caught in such a situation.

 

“T-Thanks... um,” Donghae quietly sat down next to the boy, maintaining a comfortable distance. “I know I shouldn’t ask you.... but.... may I know why you were crying?”

 

“Uh,” the boy was surprised again, “W-Why?”

 

“I thought.... you know.... if you share it with someone, you will feel better,” Donghae scratched his neck awkwardly.

 

The boy stared at the brunette for some time. Then a small smile crept on his lips, “It’s..... nothing really. I was just.... crying over my ex- boyfriend.” He paused a little, “We just broke up a couple of days ago.... so... I’m not really over him yet.”

 

Donghae nodded in understanding, “Did he dump you?”

 

The boy shrugged, “Not really, I just....I knew he wasn’t serious about our relationship...... so, I just transferred here from my previous school.”

 

“So, you didn’t tell him?” Donghae asked confusedly.

 

“What would I have said? Hey, Yunho, I don’t think you like me enough so let’s break up? If that was the right thing to say, I think it’s better to just leave without saying anything, like I did.”

 

Yunho? Donghae frowned at the name. Wait, isn’t he the one Yunho liked? That’s why he looked so familiar!

 

“Are you sure that he wasn’t serious about the relationship?” Donghae asked cautiously, trying not to upset the other boy because if that was what the boy thought, he was absolutely wrong. Because Donghae knew exactly how smitten Yunho was for his crush.

 

“Yeah, I’m sure,” the pretty boy sighed sadly, looking distant for a moment, “He.... he never did couple things with me. You know, if I tried to hold his hand.... he’d just move his hand away. When we kissed, if I tried to deepen the kiss.... he’d shove me away. Even if he didn’t do it roughly, I could tell that he was..... really uncomfortable with the idea of...... taking things further and....... it wasn’t a nice feeling,” he hiccuped as tears started to gather in his eyes again.

 

“Hey,” the brunette cupped the other boy’s face and wiped his tears away, “Don’t cry. It’s going to be okay.” He hugged the boy and ran his palms on his back soothingly as the boy sobbed on his shoulder. The pretty boy cried some more as Donghae tried to comfort him with gentle words.

 

Donghae had seen a picture of the boy Yunho liked. It had been a few months. So, Donghae didn’t recognize the boy at first. But now he was confused because of his friend’s behavior. He didn’t understand why Yunho would avoid advances and close proximity with the one he liked so much. After a few minutes, the other boy stopped crying and laughed as he realized the situation.

 

He gave the brunette an amused look, “I’m surprised that you are being so kind to somebody you barely know. Thanks anyway.” He smiled warmly at the brunette who smiled back.

 

“It’s fine, really. I’m Donghae, by the way,” he introduced himself politely.

 

“Nice to meet you, Donghae,” the other boy smiled sweetly, “Don’t you have class though?” he raised an eyebrow at him in amusement.

 

“,” Donghae cursed as he remembered that he had to submit his homework and he already missed half of the class.

 

“I figured,” the other boy laughed as the brunette picked up his long forgotten pen from the stairs and stumbled forward to get to his class. Then Donghae remembered something. He had to know the boy’s name to confirm that he was who he thought him to be. He turned around to face the boy, “I didn’t quiet catch your name.”

 

He waited as the pretty boy laughed and then smiled sweetly, “Jaejoong. My name is Kim Jaejoong.”

 

Donghae gave him a nod and a tiny smile and proceeded with his journey towards his math class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are all of you doing here?” Donghae raised a questioning eyebrow at the people sitting at the large table in the centre of the café. He crossed his arms over his chest and raised another eyebrow at them.

 

“I came to visit my cousin,” Sungmin said.

 

“Right,” Donghae mocked him and then walked towards the kitchen.

 

He came out a few seconds later, dragging Kyungsoo with him. “Kyungsoo, meet Sungmin. Sungmin, meet Kyungsoo. Oh! You are cousins, by the way. Happy? Now you can go,” he said to Sungmin sarcastically.

 

The other boys stared at the brunette like he was some kind of alien.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled, “Okay, can I go back to work now?”

 

“Yeah, go, go,” Donghae shooed the younger male away who went back to the kitchen.

 

“Are you going to take our orders or what?” Eunhyuk asked with an irritated voice, tapping his fingers on the table in impatience.

 

Donghae pouted a bit and then turned to the closest person, “Heechul hyung, what do you want to eat?”

 

“Aw, baby Hae, don’t pout. It’s okay, you can bring me whatever you think is good,” Heechul cooed at the brunette. Donghae smiled, happy to get affection from his hyung. He then turned towards Hangeng who was sitting beside Heechul, “Hangeng Hyung?”

 

“Anything is fine. I trust you,” Hangeng replied, smiling handsomely.

 

Donghae narrowed his eyes and eyed Hangeng’s hand that was holding onto Heechul’s pale one secretly under the table. “You don’t need to hide your love. We already know that you are a couple,” Donghae commented with a blank face.

 

Hangeng let go of Heechul’s hand quickly. “W-We’re not dating!” They said in unison, their faces blushing.

 

Donghae chuckled, “What about the others?”

 

“I want hot chocolate.”

 

“I want hot chocolate,” Yesung and Ryeowook said at the same time.

 

Ryeowook blushed as Yesung stared at him lovingly. “You’re adorable,” Yesung commented, kissing Ryeowook’s hand who shyly looked down.

 

Eunhyuk watched them quietly, not really understanding what was so adorable about wanting to drink the same drink. He coughed, snapping them out of their romantic moment and gaining Donghae’s attention, “I want a cup of black coffee. Make sure it doesn’t taste bad.”

 

“I’ll tell Kyungsoo,” Donghae commented with sarcasm.

 

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes in response. “Fatty,” he murmured which was heard by the brunette who glared at the redheaded boy.

 

“I’m not fat!” Donghae yelled in protest.

 

“Well, you are fat,” Eunhyuk yelled back.

 

“You are being mean!” Donghae pouted.

 

“I’m just stating the truth,” Eunhyuk shrugged carelessly.

 

“Gosh! You two always act like you’re enemies or something like that. Hae-hae, don’t take Hyuk seriously. Just go and tell Kyungsoo our orders, I and Siwon are going to have just water,” Sungmin said.

 

“Okay,” Donghae puffed his cheeks, glanced at Eunhyuk for a last time and stomped towards the kitchen.

 

No, no no, Lee Donghae! Eunhyuk rubbed his forehead with his fingers, Don’t give me that look. It’s too cute.....I can’t....

 

Eunhyuk took a deep breath to calm down his heart that was beating faster than its usual steady pace.

 

It was happening again. Donghae was being undeniably cute and it was affecting Eunhyuk’s heart again, making it beat faster than its usual steady pace. It was not a good sign. It was confusing him and he didn’t want the brunette to make cute expressions so suddenly. He should at least give the elder boy some kind of warning before starting to be cute.

 

Eunhyuk decided that something was terribly wrong with himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were all planning the night of 29th February when Donghae’s phone rang.

 

Donghae and Kyuhyun had taken a break for thirty minutes and they had joined their friends at the large table. After Kyuhyun took his seat between Hangeng and Yesung, only one chair beside Eunhyuk was left. So, Donghae had no other option than taking the chair beside the redheaded boy.

 

Donghae’s face got kind of serious after seeing the caller ID and he quickly excused himself.

 

“Yunho?” Donghae asked.

 

“Yeah, you called me?”

 

“Yes,” Donghae replied.

 

“Did anything happen?” Yunho asked with worry.

 

“No, just wanted to talk to you,” Donghae lied. He didn’t want Yunho to suspect anything. He wanted honest answers from his friend.

 

“Why? Finally realized you like me?” Yunho asked in a teasing tone.

 

The brunette scoffed, “Don’t flirt with me, boy. Don’t you have a boyfriend to flirt with?” Donghae finally asked the question. He decided to use a twisted way to ask it and that’s what he did so that Yunho wouldn’t be suspicious about Donghae’s sudden interest in his love life.

 

Yunho sighed, “I’m not so sure about that.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t know. He wasn’t coming to school for a few days and...... when I asked a teacher about him..... he said Jae transferred to some other school,” Yunho said sadly.

 

“Have you tried to contact him?” Donghae asked with concern.

 

“I did. But he didn’t pick up the phone and yesterday he sent me a text saying that he wanted to breakup. I don’t understand......Why would he do that? I thought he liked me back,” the taller boy said confusedly.

 

“Stupid,” Donghae mumbled lowly.

 

“Eh? Did you say something?”

 

“I said you are stupid,” Donghae said in an annoyed tone and then became more serious, “Yunho, tell me. What will you do if I say I saw Jaejoong hyung today?”

 

“What?” Yunho shouted loudly making the brunette cringe, “Where? Did you speak with him? What did he say?”

 

“Calm down, dude. You have some serious matters to explain here. Jaejoong hyung thinks that you weren’t serious about the relationship. So, he left you,” the brunette stated calmly.

 

“What? Why would he think that?” the taller boy sounded really confused.

 

Donghae sighed, “Well, he said you were always avoiding advances with him like not kissing properly and things like that. You wouldn’t even hold his hand and he felt like you were rejecting him. I could tell that he was really hurt. He was crying like a baby when he told me,” the brunette leaned his back against the wall for a comfortable position.

 

“What? I swear I was not rejecting him!” Yunho defended himself, “I like him a lot! I can even say it’s love at this point. I was just.....,” Yunho bit his lip, blushing a little.

 

“Just what?” the brunette raised an eyebrow.

 

“I was just really...... nervous.”

 

Donghae started laughing loudly, not being able to contain his amusement.

 

“Hey, don’t laugh!” the brunette could tell that his friend was glaring right now. He just hoped that there was nobody with the taller boy at that moment because if there was, that somebody will get scared badly.

 

“Sorry, I can’t help it,” Donghae laughed again, “It’s new for me. Jung Yunho is nervous because of love? That’s definitely something new.”

 

Donghae somehow managed to suppress his laughter. He was chuckling now, being too busy talking to Yunho, he didn’t notice Eunhyuk standing a few feet far from him who was watching the brunette from half a minute earlier. The redheaded boy was listening Donghae talking from when Yunho was trying to confess his nervousness.

 

Eunhyuk felt weird. He narrowed his eyes at the laughing brunette. The redheaded boy decided that Donghae looked really handsome when he smiled but he didn’t like it. He didn’t know why but he just didn’t like the scene of the brunette laughing so freely because of that Yunho guy while taking about love.

 

Eunhyuk decided that he hated the brunette even more at this point.

 

As Donghae noticed Eunhyuk he got surprised but quickly hung up the call after saying goodbye to Yunho and promising to call later. After slipping his phone in his pocket Donghae looked at the other boy with confusion, “Um...... do you need anything, Hyukkie?”

 

Eunhyuk averted his eyes from the brunette, “Just came to check why you were taking so long.” Saying that, he turned around and walked away.

 

The brunette stared at the other boy’s back innocently and cluelessly for a few seconds before following the elder boy to the table.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a lot of discussion and discovering a bunch of problems in their party plan, they finally decided that they will ditch that plan and spend the leap year’s night dancing in a nice night club.

 

Donghae didn’t understand why they were making so much trouble about it when in the end, it was going to be pointless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled as he checked the last math equation and realized it was correct. “Good, you did really well. Although you answered one question wrongly, it was still a lot of improvement,” he flashed a handsome smile towards Sungmin.

 

The shorter boy beamed at the praise, smiling proudly. “Thank you. If you didn’t teach me, I still would be the dumb guy who couldn’t even finish a sum without getting it wrong.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, “Right. The dumb guy who is dumber than a donkey.”

 

“Hey! Don’t compare me to a donkey. A donkey can never be as cute as me,” the shorter boy pouted.

 

“At least the donkey has a smarter brain than yours,” the tall brunette argued, ruffling the other’s hair.

 

It was Friday and Zhoumi said that the café would be closed that day for some reason. So, Kyuhyun didn’t have to go to work. They had a math exam the next week and Kyuhyun thought it’d be a good chance to tutor Sungmin so that the latter wouldn’t fail in the exam.

 

“No, I’m still the better one, not the donkey.”

 

The library was closed that day and they somehow ended up in the dance club’s practice room to study. The room was full of mirrors that covered all the walls. Kyuhyun’s back was leaning against one of the mirrors as he sat on his bum with his knees bended while his feet rested on the floor. Sungmin was sitting beside him with his books open in front of him.

 

They laughed and chatted for a few minutes before Kyuhyun gave the shorter boy another math equation to solve. Kyuhyun drank from his water bottle while Sungmin tried to solve the equation. But to his bad luck, it seemed very difficult to him.

 

“Why is it like this? How does this one even make sense?” he puffed his cheeks in annoyance.

 

Kyuhyun burst out in laughter. He put his water bottle down, hugged his knees and tried to stifle his laughter while hiding his face between his knees.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Sungmin asked, trying to look angry.

 

“No reason,” the taller boy chuckled, gazing down as the smile didn’t fade from his face. He was oblivious to the shorter boy’s eyes on him who watched him with dreamy eyes.

 

Kyuhyun had a beautiful smile. Sungmin watched as Kyuhyun’s lips curved, creating that handsome smile on his face. Kyuhyun looked so handsome.....

 

Without realizing, the shorter boy leaned closer, eyes settled on the other boy’s smiling lips. When Kyuhyun noted the silence and turned his head, he stopped breathing because of their closeness. Kyuhyun watched with slightly widened eyes as Sungmin closed his eyes and leaned in, parting his lips and prisoning the brunette’s lower lip between his own lips. Kyuhyun stared at the other boy’s closed eyes for a second before closing his own, feeling the shorter boy on his lower lip once before he felt Sungmin pull away.

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and found the cute strawberry-blonde looking at him with flushed cheeks and uncertainity in his eyes. The strawberry-blonde averted his eyes to the ground and stuttered, “I-I should....go.”

 

Before he could get up and run away, the brunette caught his wrists in his grips and gently pushed him backwards, making him lie on the floor on his back. Kyuhyun then hovered over him, supporting his weight on his knees and elbows before claiming his mouth in a sudden passionate kiss. Sungmin gasped and Kyuhyun invaded his mouth with his tongue, wrapping his tongue on the elder boy’s and playing with it. Sungmin released a low moan and Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around his waist, caressing his pink cheek with the other one. Sungmin broke the kiss for air and panted, “B-books....m-math....”

 

Kyuhyun smiled, slightly breathless before answering, “Those can wait.”

 

Then he claimed the shorter boy’s mouth again, planning to kiss and taste him until he would have no energy left. The mirrors reflected the beautiful scene eagerly but there was no one to witness their lovely union.  

 

 


 

A?N: Hey, How are you guys doing???

I had a fever but now I'm okay. So, here's the new chapter. I'm sorry that I took so long.

FYI, this story started in the middle of january. At the last week of January Eunhae got married and now, it's still February in this story. I am writing it according to the calender of 2016. So, yeah. Leap year.

 

And........

 

Today is Donghae's birthday!!!! My little-fishy-baby-Hae. I hope he will have a great day and be always happy. And I hope someday he will get married to cutie-pie-Hyukkie-baby.

 

Those who are new subcribers......Welcome and I hope you are enjoying the story.Thanks for subscribing. (^_^ )

Bye bye..... <3 <3 <3