Chapter 14

Maybe It Is Love

 

Donghae’s pov

 

The car came to a halt in front of the apartment building. Eunhyuk and I got down from the car. This is where the two of us will be staying from now. The building is big and luxurious enough to know that our apartment is big.

 

I arranged my school bag on my shoulders and followed him to the entrance of the building. This place is nearer to our school compared to the Lee mansion.

 

We stepped into the elevator and Eunhyuk tapped the button written 6 on it. The door of the elevator closed and then he broke the silence,”Just remember what I said. Keep your distance from me.”

 

It made me a bit sad but I decided to a bit,”Why should I? Why are you so concerned about it?” I tilted my head and looked at him innocently,”Are you concerned that you won’t be able to resist me?” He looked a bit uncomfortable with my question which made me smirk.

 

“W-What are you t-talking about? You are not even pretty. Keep dreaming,” he said with a blank expression. Why did he stutter? Weird.

 

The door of the elevator opened at the sixth floor and we stepped out.

 

The apartment was quite big with a large living room with a joint dining, a big kitchen beside the dining room, two big bedrooms with different bathrooms and balconies with them. The apartment was perfect, but if only one person is to live in here, he will easily get lonely.

 

The rest of the day went away quietly except for the one time we ended up bickering about the bigger bedroom - I won and got that room, Yayy.

 

At evening, Eunhyuk went out. I didn’t ask him where he was going because he was still angry because of the bedroom incident and I didn’t want to be an annoying wife either.

 

 

It was when I was cooking ramen noodles for dinner, he came back.

 

“Hi, Hyuk, I was cooking dinner. Want some?” I asked him hopefully - firstly because I wanted him to treat me at least as a friend, secondly because I don’t really like eating alone. All the past years, I had been eating with my nemo plushie.

 

“No, I already ate dinner,” he said and then went to his room.

 

“Okay,” I muttered with a soft voice to myself. It made me sad that I had to eat alone. I quietly started eating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk’s pov

 

Two weeks have passed since I and Donghae moved into the apartment. The days have been the same and today is no exception.

 

I got ready for school and went out of my room. It was quiet which means Donghae already left for school. The day after our arrival here, Donghae asked me if he could go to school with me but I refused. The first week of our marriage, I let him go with me in the car because the mansion was very far from the school but this place is not that far. I also told him to make sure that nobody from school gets to know that we live together. I eat breakfast and lunch at school cafeteria and dinner at home. No, I don’t eat Donghae’s cooking because he only cooks ing ramen or omelet. He doesn’t even have the decency to cook any decent food. ing dickhead. Who eats ramen and omelet for dinner? So, I cook my own food. I am proud to say that I am really, really good at cooking.

 

Enough with the details, I have to go to school now. School has also been the same as always for me. Everyday flirting with new chicks and etcetra etcetra with my friends’ continous nagging about finding someone special and Heechul hyung’s deathly glares.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At lunch time in school cafeteria

 

Third person’s pov

 

“Baby, tomorrow is our first valentine’s day. So, I was hoping if we could go out?” Yesung asked his boyfriend, Ryeowook. Yes, they became a couple.

 

Ryeowook blushed, “Where do you want to go?”

 

“Mmm.....should we go to the fair?” Yesung asked, entwining their hands.

 

“What fair?” Heechul asked, raising his head.

 

“There’s a fair that is going to be held on valentine’s day at X place. He must be talking about that fair, right?” Kyuhyun said and started chewing on his food again.

 

“Really? I also want to go! Can I go, please.....?” Sungmin exclaimed jumping on his sit. Donghae chuckled at the elder boy’s behavior. Sungmin was so much like a kid that it was amusing.

 

“Eh....guys? I was asking my boyfriend out on a date......” Yesung mumbled.

 

“Yeah?” Heechul asked waiting to hear what Yesung had to say next.

 

“So...... Don’t you think it will be a bit too crowded for a date if you all go?”

 

Heechul, Siwon, Donghae and Hangeng started laughing while Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun chuckled. Yesung blushed a little while Ryeowook’s blush was of a deeper color. Sungmin also blushed for some reason which was weird.

 

“Ha ha ha...... Don’t worry. We’ll not ruin your date with your boyfriend,” Hangeng said while laughing. Ryeowook blushed again.

 

“Okay then. We all are going there. Let’s meet up at the front of our school and we’ll go together. Once there, we will split up and go in different directions. How does that sound?” Siwon asked everyone.

 

“Sounds good to me. I don’t have other plans and I don’t mind hanging out with you guy,” Eunhyuk said and started eating again.

 

“It’s settled then. Classes will start any minute. Let’s go,” Heechul finished his food and got up.

 

Soon, the others followed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kyu, which café do you work at?” Donghae asked Kyuhyun after school.

 

“It is the Merin’s Café. Why?”

 

“Can you introduce me to the owner? I need a part-time job.”

 

“Okay, let’s go.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You can start working from today if you want,” the owner of the café, Zhoumi said to Donghae and then turned to face Kyuhyun. “Kyu, take Donghae to the changing room and give him our uniform.”

 

“Okay, boss.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Good work everyone. You can go home now. Thanks for the hard work,” Zhoumi announced and then went to his office to gather his things before leaving.

 

“So....... let’s go, Hae,” Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around the shorter brunette’s shoulder.

 

“Uh.....Kyu....we can’t go home together,” Donghae murmured unwrapping the other’s hand from his shoulder.

 

“Why?” Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes.

 

“Uh.....actually ......I don’t live in that neighborhood anymore,” Donghae said, hesitating for a moment.

Kyuhyun exclaimed suddenly, “Oh! So that’s why I don’t see you anymore in the morning!”

 

“Ah....yeah,” Donghae scratched the back of his head.

 

“Okay, then. I need to go now. Bye,” the talller brunette waved at the other and left the café.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae was humming a song while walking towards his and Eunhyuk’s apartment. He was hoping that the next day Eunhyuk would be paired with him. He didn’t know how to cook. So, he requested Kyungsoo, the barista and also the cook in Merin’s café, to bake a small strawberry cake with a layer of chocolate cream in it for Eunhyuk.

 

Donghae also helped Kyungsoo a little. He was very excited for tomorrow and so he needed to go home quickly and decide what he was going to wear for the next day.

 

When Donghae reached home, it was almost 7: 30 in the evening. He guessed Eunhyuk wouldn’t be at home because the elder never remained at home at this hour. He unlocked the door with his key and entered his now home. To his surprise, Eunhyuk was there, sitting on the sofa in the living room, watching a movie on TV while eating popcorn. Eunhyuk glanced at him for a bit and then averted his gaze on the TV again.

 

“Hi, Hyuk,” Donghae greeted him with a smile.

 

“Where did you go?” Eunhyuk asked without even sparing the brunette a second glance.

 

“I was getting lonely at home, so I though it’d be better if I spend that time doing something else other than being lazy at home,” Donghae replied, still smiling.

 

“Oh,” that’s all Eunhyuk said before Donghae went to his bedroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk didn’t know what to call this feeling but he didn’t like it when he came home from school and Donghae didn’t. He went to shower and did for an hour but when he came out, the brunette was still not at home. He didn’t know what he was feeling; disappointment, anxiety, emptiness or was it all of these feelings?

 

He was so used to coming home and seeing the brunette cooking ramen happily while humming any latest song that not seeing the sight today made him feel incomplete. He didn’t even have mood to go clubbing or flirting or ing girls today. So, he just settled on the sofa, selected a movie and started watching it.

 

When the movie was near its end, Donghae came home. Eunhyuk wasn’t sure if he wanted to hug the brunette, kiss his forhead and ask him lovingly if he was okay and where he had gone. He wasn’t sure. So, he just asked the brunette the second question in a voice that showed that he didn’t care. But he did care. He cared a lot.

 

When Donghae came out of his bedroom wearing a sky-blue pajama and pajama tops with tea cups drawn on it, Eunhyuk saw him in pajamas for the first time and though the younger was cute. When Donghae came to him after dinner and asked, “Can I sit here?” he just nodded a bit.

Donghae then asked him hopefully if they could watch a movie together. Remembering that the brunette felt lonely, Eunhyuk agreed.

 

They were watching the movie silently, when Donghae asked, “Hyuk, you know what people do in valentine’s day, right?”

 

“Yeah? They give chocolates or cakes to the person they like?”

 

“Yeah......so......wait a minute,” Donghae ran to his room and came out with a small bag in his hand.

 

Eunhyuk just watched him with an eyebrow raised.

 

“I brought this for you,” Donghae handed him the bag.

 

There was a small strawberry cake in the bag. Eunhyuk couldn’t help asking, “So, does this mean you like me?”

 

Donghae shyly looked at the ground, “Uh..... kind of...... I mean..... you’re very handsome....... and..... I have had a crush........ on you.....for a while now.... so yeah.”

 

Eunhyuk laughed at his shyness.

 

“Hyuk, do you accept the cake?” Donghae asked hopefully.

 

“When did you start calling me Hyuk? And yes, I accept it. It is a strawberry cake for God’s sake!”

 

“Thank you,” Donghae beamed,” And what should I call you then? Ah....I know. I’ll call you Hyukkie!”

 

“Hyukkie?” Eunhyuk almost choked on his saliva.

 

“Yes! Hyukkie! I am sleepy, Hyukkie. Can I go to sleep?” the younger asked cutely.

 

“Y-Yeah,” Eunhyuk stuttered.

 

“Good night, Hyukkie. Have sweet dreams,” with that Donghae was gone.

 

Eunhyuk placed his palm on his chest where his heart was, Calm down, calm down. Inhale..... exhale...... inhale...... exhale......good. God, when did he become so damn cute?!!

 


(A/N: Why do I feel like you don't like my story anymore?????? Thanks to all of my readers and subscribers. Please feed me lots of comments. I will use IIIIIII when I update from phone.)