Chapter 1

Maybe It Is Love

The sun was shining brightly in the morning. Donghae stirred in his sleep as the rays of the morning sun disturbed him. He worked till very late at the previous night for his English assignment. So he couldn’t get enough sleep.

 

But it was Thursday and he had to go to school. With a groan of frustration, he got up from his bed and went to the bathroom.

 

Lee Donghae was 18 years old. He was an only child. His parents were long gone. So he lived alone and worked at a café. He was a good student. He had a few friends who were there for him anytime.

 

Donghae got ready for school and went to the kitchen. His apartment was really small with a bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen and a small living room. He took an egg from the fridge and made an omelet. He then ate his breakfast and started for school. The school was not that far from his house, so, he always walked to school. He was walking when someone jumped onto him from behind.

 

Hey,” Donghae shouted at his best friend, Cho Kyuhyun.

 

“What’s up, Hae?”

 

“Hey, can you stop jumping on me like that? I really don’t like it.”

 

“No, I can’t,” Kyuhyun smirked.

 

“Like really, grow up, Kyu.”

 

“As long as you are with me, I won’t.”

 

“Aish!” Donghae pouted. Not long after that, they arrived at school. They were students of SM High School. They had their first class together so they went to their History class and took their seats. The two boys kept talking about random things. No, Kyuhyun’s Starcraft cannot be any random thing.

 

Soon the class was filled with students. Everybody was talking to their friends. When their history teacher, Mr. Han arrived, everyone stopped talking. The class was boring. Everyone was struggling against falling asleep except for Kyuhyun who was playing Starcraft on his PSP, hiding it under the bench. Donghae sighed at Kyuhyun’s behavior. He was also trying to keep his eyes open while taking notes.

 

At lunchtime everyone gathered at the school cafeteria. Donghae and Kyuhyun were eating lunch with their other friends Ryeowook and Hangeng. Ryeowook was talking to Hangeng about some cooking reciepies. Kyuhyun was teasing Donghae about Donghae’s crush on a manga character when Donghae’s phone rang. “Hello,” Donghae answered his phone.

 

“Am I talking to Lee Donghae?” the caller asked.

 

“Yes,” Donghae replied.

 

“I am the personal assistant of the chairman of Lee Corporation. Mr. Lee wants to meet you.”

 

“But I don’t know him.”

 

“He said he was a close friend of your parents and he wants to talk about your mother’s last wish. So can you spare sometime for him today?”

 

“Okay. I will meet him after school today.”

 

“Good. We will let you know about the meeting place.”

 

“Okay, thanks,” Donghae shoved his phone into his pocket.

 

“Who was it?” Ryeowook asked curiously.

 

“An old friend of my parents. He wants to meet me after school.”

 

“Oh, then I guess I have to go home alone,” Kyuhyun said disappointedly.

 

“I will drive you home. Don’t worry,” Hangeng said to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun nodded at the elder boy with a smile.