Chapter 8

A Devil's Love

 

 

 

                                                                 

The more she tried to see, the less she knew for sure.

Learning about the past makes way for how our characters approach the future, as more answers come tumbling out before the year’s end. There’s a whole lot to unearth today for Kai, Krystal and Sehun as each minute feels packed with new information and outcomes. Everyone could use a fresh start in a new day but with the past threathening to catch up to the present, who knows what the heavens have.

All day, Krystal was dumbfounded whenever she thought about Kai retreating back and the kiss. Moreover, she was beyond guilty upon acknowledging the truth that Kai just shoved upon her face. All this time she was making her own assumptions about Sehun being her savior but she turned out to be wrong. It was the person, whom she had least expected help from. All the conversation that happened between them at the rooftop kept playing like a movie repeatedly shuffling through her mind. She was not at all able to concentrate at her lectures. It was as if her body was only in classroom but her soul was lost somewhere in deep thought that kept strucking at one question, Why did he help me? The more she tried to find the answer to this question the more guilty she felt. She should not have flooded him with her rants, espically then when she didn't knew the truth. A little learning really proved to be a dangerous thing.
After all the ruckus her mind went through the day finally ended at school. She straight went to the rooftop in search of Kai but in vain. The boy was nowhere to be found, infact she could't find him anywhere that day. With a hollow heart she went to home.  


After that dreadful incident, days went normal like always. Sulli always accompanied her everywhere she went just incase Kai's fangirl break out to her again. Sulli was a cheerful ball of energy who would always make her smile and keep her sane all day. Sehun too, never failed to hit her with all the most cheesiest lines that he could come up with which cheered up her a lot. Sehun even came to pick her up after her partime job like a gentleman. Krystal always refused his ride but Sehun being a rebel never failed to make her ride on his bike till her apartment.

Finally after 3 days, Kai came to school but all this time Kai and Krystal had been avoiding each other. Their eyes would meet frequently as one would always be staring at the other but both of them would turn their heads away pretending as if they accidentally saw each other. Kai had also stopped bothering Krystal, which she was not sure whether she liked or not. Without him her life was dangerously silent and to be honest it felt quite unreal and empty.

Krystal sighed as the teacher went out of the class and glanced at Kai who had his head down right since the class started. She was not sure whether he was really sleeping or pretending to but what bugged her the most was that it had already been a week, a week since their argument. They were nowhere near talking so she just packed her back and slug it on her shoulders as she headed towards her part-time job. Today Sulli had some extra work at school so she couldn't accompany her. Even though she felt lonely without her, this was what she actually needed, sometime alone to sort out her thoughts.


Aftter a tiresome work at her job, it was finally time to go home. As always, Sehun came to pick her up and by now Krystal had already given up resisting so she quietly sat  behind his bike and they rode off . The ride was a complete silence because neither Sehun nor she initiated a conversation. The only thing she said was "thank you" before getting off his bike. Sehun flashed a warm smile and replied " Goodnight babygirl. Dream about me." With that he wore his helmet and sped off. Finally after she lost the sight of Sehun, Krystal dragged herself towards her apartment.
Just as she reached the door, the screen of her phone lit up as it was on cue and she was greeted with a new message. She slowly opened it as she reached out her empty hand for the door knob. As usual it was the message from advertising services so she didn't bother reading it. Krystal slide the phone in her pocket and looked at her door. That was when she realized her door was already open. Shocked as well as frightened, she quickly took out her phone again to call the cops as it was dark enough for something bad to happen. She grabbed her phone tight as she pushed the door and slowly entered inside.
 
Krystal was struck with an unexplainable feeling of both shock and elation when she saw Kai sitting on the corner of her room with his back leaned on the wall . His right leg was streched on the floor while his left leg was bent with his hand placed in top of his knee. Shadowy wisp of dark hair scattered across his face and the sun kissed forehead, almost covering his deceptive eyes.
"K-Kai..?" She stuttered, not being able to form any words. Their eyes met as he looked towards her with an unreadable expression on his face. He didn't utter a single word instead he stared at her very deeply. Krystal switched on the light as she slowly walked near him, still feeling afraid. Bottle of liquiors were lying all around which indicated that all this time Kai had been drinking in her place but looking at Kai's face made it look so surreal. Finally after a long week, Krystal got to examine his face properly. Even in his drunk state he looked ravishingly handsome.

"Why are you here?" Krystal finally managed to ask after a long silence. Kai didn't bother replying to her question instead he gulped down the beer he had been holding in his hand.

Kai ignoring her presence ignited anger in Krystal so she just strode towards the kitchen to get a glass of water for herself. She turned around to take a glance at Kai again but he was not there. Thinking that he had already left, she opened the refrigerator and was just about to grab the bottle of water when suddenly a pair of two strong hands encircled her tiny waist from the back. Krystal eyes widened in shock. She looked over her shoulders and found Kai resting his chin on her. Krystal was beyond shocked and completely speechless to find Kai practically backhugging her. Neither of them spoke so there was a moment of silence but it didn't last long as Kai chose to speak first. "Why is it that everytime I see you, I get distracted? Do I even hate you?" Kai asked, more to himself than her.
Krystal bit her lower lips and shut her eyes so hard to  deal with the current embarassment. "Because you're an idiot who is going to regret everything what you are doing right now when you sober up. And yes you still hate me Kim Kai." She retorted trying to keep her tone as sarcastic as possible but h
er heart was beating like crazy, threathening to breakout from the ribcage but she definitely didn't want Kai to notice that. Krystal glanced at Kai but he didn't utter a single word. He looked like a deity – the perfect balance of danger and charm, he was at the same time fascinating and inaccessible, distant because of his demonstrated flawlessness and possessing such strength of character that he was dismaying and at the same time utterly attarctive in an enticing and forbbiden way. Though this moment was soothingly perfect, it didn't last long because he slowly lifted his weight from Krystal's shoulder but his arm still encircled around her waist.
"Don't go near him." Kai blurted out of blue, more of a warning than a statement.
"Whom are you refering to?" Krystal asked even though she already knew the answer to her question but she was really curious what he thinks of her, why is he saying her to stay away from Sehun, why does he hates her so much even though the answer was so obvious to her. Just this once when he was not in right state to tell her lies, she wanted to know.

Kai slowly removed his hand from her waist and walked away. "Just because you are too pathetic for him to handle."
W
ith that Kai straight fell into her bed and and closed his eyes, making Krystal dumfounded but again when didn't he ever.
By this time she finally realized, the more she tried to see, the less she knew for sure.


Please hang on even though our updates are very slow. xoxo <3