Chapter 7

A Devil's Love



I am like a toy to him, a toy that has been with him through thick and thin. Maybe not his favorite, but still his.


As much as Krystal was exasperated by Sehun's bipolarness and wanted to walk away from him, she couldn't make herself to. Becuse it was already dark, dark enough for her to be scared to walk in the alley to her way back home.
Her thoughts were interrupted when suddenly Sehun offered, "Ride on the bike. I will take you home." It wasn't even a question to reply back to. He was particularly ordering her which made her beyond amused. At one time Sehun was an arrogant bastard giving malicious remarks and at other time he acted like a knight in shining armour. And at this moment Krystal totally was a damsel in distress who desperately needed the knight's help so without even thinking twice she got on his bike.
Sehun gave a small smile which went unnoticed by Krystal but he was happy about it because he didn't want her to think him more bipolar than she already thinks right now.
A few minutes of ride went in silence until, "Catch me or you'll fall." Sehun warned her. Krystal scoffed at first but as Sehun increased the speed, she was forced to cling onto him like a baby which made Sehun more than satisfied.

Next morning.

Krystal woke up to a foul mood because of some ty nightmare. She felt as if something unusually bad was going to happen today but she just shrugged it off because something bad happened to her daily. After getting fresh, she got ready for school and made her way out.

As she was walking on the street, suddenly someone harshly pulled her inside a dark corner. Something bad actually did happen.
When she took a close look at the gang. It was none other her Kai's fangirls. As she was staring, someone slapped Krystal right across her face. She was beyond exasperated but was left helpless when two girls locked her arms on both sides. A girl who seemed like the gang's leader stood in front of her and grabbed a fistful of Krystal's hair. "Who are you to Kai Oppa huh? Leave him alone!" she rebuked with anger. How Krystal wanted to retort that it was Kai who should leave her alone, not her. They bashed and hit her without any pity. It was really hurting Krystal but they didn't seem to leave her alone anytime soon.

 

Meanwhile at school, Kai couldn't seem to concentrate on class seeing the bench beside him empty. It was not like he concentrated other times but it was weird without Krystal beside him because she was never absent. He had nothing to do and was about to take a nap but he heard a group of girls gossiping, "I heard krystal is being beaten to death. Serves her right!"
Kai wanted to laugh at it but he couldn't make himself. Rather than being satisfied that the person he despised the most was getting hurt, he felt worried. He tried to go back to taking his nap but he couldn't even close his eyes. Rather anxiety got the best of him and he made his way to the place where the girls he heard gossiping mentioned.

As much as he didn't want to go and help her, his footsteps  didn't do any justice. Maybe his legs decided to rather go with his heart than his brain. But Kai wondered when did he even have a heart, especially to go help Jung Krystal.
With anxious thoughts, he finally reached the destination. He saw a dark corner and a group of girls, making him sure that they were only the ones who he was searching for. He took quick strides inside, only to be greeted by a badly injured and unconscious Krystal. The group of girls gasped at the sight of Kai. Only a deadly glare of Kai made them apologize and run away in fright.
What Kai could do was only sigh seeing the sight. He made his way towards Krystal and tried to see her face properly but the girl helplessly fainted in his arms. All her face, hands, knees had wounds and was bleeding badly. This made me furious and remorseful enough to get back to the group of girls later but right now he had to take care of the girl lying helpless in his arms right now. 

Even though she was the girl he despised the most, convincing himself that he held responsibility as his fangirls were the one who hurt her. He called the ambulance and took her to the hospital. Just as he was about to sit beside her, his phone call interrupted him. The caller id was unknown but he still picked up. As soon as he held the phone to his ears, his face changed 360° and turned pale. He ended the phone call and right after called Sulli and gave her directions to the  hospital where thy were right now. Even though he didn't want to leave the helpless girl alone, he had to hurry back somewhere and it was urgent.

Meanwhile, Sulli couldn't go there alone and just had to drag Sehun along. And as soon as Sehun heard about Krystal being hurt, he couldn't agree more to be dragged. They rode Sehun's bike and reached the hospital in few minutes. As soon as they went inside, they were welcomed by the sight of Krystal lying injured and unconscious on the bed. Sulli gasped and this couldn't make Sehun more furious. He made his way towards Krystal to gather the faint body in his arms.

After a few stiches, bandages and injections, Krystal finally opened her eyes. All she could see was blur so she blinked her eyes rapidly only to be greeted by the sight of Oh Sehun. He was looking worriedly at her and tightly clutching on her arms as if his life depended on it. He hurriedly left her arms and slightly touched her cheeks. "Are you fine?" he asked so caringly that anyone could mistake him for her boyfriend. Krystal slightly nodded her head, earning a small smile from him. He then continued, "You rest here until you can get up. I'll go pay your hospital fees and drop you home, okay?" This made Krystal eyes a little wide and gulp down her saliva because this Sehun was being so caring and sweet that it was hard for her to handle. 

Later Sehun dropped her home and even though it was one hell of a day for her, somehow she had a sound sleep without any nightmares.

Next Morning.

When she woke up, it was already late so she hurriedly dressed up for school. Whatever happened yesterday, she couldn't afford being absent. So she made her way to school from a different route than yesterday which was much safer.

She thought today would be a safe, sound and happy day without any troubles but she was proved wrong when Kai grabbed her and pull her towards rooftop as soon as she arrived at school. She desperately tried to free her wrist from his grip as it was hurting her badly but it was no avail.

He finally released her when they reached rooftop but it had already left red marks. Krystal looked at him angrily for explanation but he just asked, "What happened?" That made Krystal lose all the calmness and she blurted out whatever was locked in her heart without even thinking, "What do you think of yourself? Only you torturing me is hard enough but yesterday you had to make your fangirls join too?! You know how badly they hurt me? If Sehun didn't come to help me, I'd have been dead today." Krystal looked at Kai to receive some reply but when his lips remained tigthly shut, she continued praising Sehun, "It was all your fault but even Sehun had nothing to do with all of those, he ran to my rescue. He even stayed with me all the time in hospital and even paid my fees. Even after all those where were you? You held responsiblilty yesterday and you should have known first. But no it was Seh---" Her sentence left incomplete when Kai suddenly grabbed her by the throat but didn't choke her, just kissed her so deep she forgot whose air she was breathing.

After it was hard to breathe, the blood-boiled Kai finally left her and retorted, "It was me who took you to hospital." and just walked away without saying anything else, leaving Krystal dumbfounded and with mixed emotions that were unexplainable.

She thought, I am like a toy to him, a toy that has been with him through thick and thin. Maybe not his favorite, but still his.


A Christmas update~ Hope you enjoy our chapter as well as your Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone!