Chapter 5

A Devil's Love

The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical and even further beyond any emotional pain when one gets betrayal of a friend.

 

“You will never change, Jung Krystal . You are Kai’s toy afterall.”

Krystal was used to hearing these hateful words to the point where she had stopped caring but when even Oh Sehun stabbed her with these words, no wonder she got hurt. Her face went pale and lips turned into a frown. Her unbreakable-self felt broken.

Even though Sehun quickly noticed the change in her expression, he maintained his poker face. It looked bona fide but what Sehun felt inside was beyond imagination. He easily stated her as Kai’s toy but his heart ached knowing that she belonged to Kai because she was the only girl that Oh Sehun had ever crushed on.

Meanwhile, in the darkest of the hallways, an unnoticeable figure was hearing all the conversation happening between them with an ununderstandable expression on his face and thousands of emotions playing inside his head. Kai felt like all of the worst memories that he had locked tightly inside a box strung out suddenly which even his trained heart couldn’t handle and left him completely broken.

Flashback.

7 years old Kai was sitting alone in the school’s playground and dreamily gazing at a girl. Sehun- his bestfriend sat down beside him and asked, “Who are you staring at, Jongin-ah?’ Kai pointed at a group of girls and smiled “My first love.” Even before Sehun could ask who she was Kai said, “I will tell who she is later.'’ Shrugging it off Sehun smacked his friend’s head teasingly, “How old are you to love someone, our Jongin?” Kai laughed, ‘I know you like someone too. Don’t you Hun?” Sehun nodded with a hint of tease, “I do Jongin-ah but will not tell you who she is until you do.’’
And then they started bickering at who will confess to their love first but little did they know that both of them were crushing on the same girl.

End of flashback.

Kai was drowned in his worst of nostalgia when suddenly a body crashed with him. That broke all of his thoughts to which he wasn’t quite sure to be thankful or be angry at. When he looked wondering who was that person, he met the eyes of none other than Jung Krystal. Her eyes widened in shock and was slightly open. He smirked at her vulnerable expression which screamed guilt of being caught red-handed. He intentionally collided with her shoulder and walked off as if nothing happened at all.

Krystal who just came to get some fresh air got a taste of hell instead. All these things made her feel like her life was a pure hell and she could do nothing other than loathe it. And then she blamed and despised Kai, Sehun and even herself for her miserable life.
Little did she know this was just the beginning, the worst was yet to come.

 

Meanwhile as Kai was walking to the rooftop to spend sometime alone, he didn’t feel like himself. His strong demeanour felt fragile to himself after he got reminded of the worst times in his life. Drowned in his deep thoughts, he didn’t even realize the gang following him behind until he got a hard kick at the back. It was none other than Top and his fellows. Kai tried to land a few punches but he received a lot more. Wound, bleeding and the pain made Kai feel more helpless than ever. And just with one more punch Kai fell to the ground unable to do anything. Top on the otherside was clearly enjoying the view and laughing at him. He kneeled down in front of Kai and grabbed his collar to give him one hard punch but suddenly he got a flying kick instead. Whoever the person it was, he made all of them run away. It was the first time anyone had helped Kai. Surprised, Kai looked at the anonymous wondering who he was. But he met the face of someone he never wanted to look at. It was none other than Oh Sehun. Rather than being helped by him, Kai chose to die instead. Being betrayed once was enough for Kai because the worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical and even further beyond any emotional pain when one gets betrayal of a friend.

When their eyes met, Sehun smiled and greeted, “Long time no see, Jongin-ah.”

Kim Jongin. That was Kai’s real name. Only Sehun and his father used to call him with that name but when none of them were with him in his worst times, he despised his own name and swore to never used it again.


Update after a long time. Hope you like it !