Jungkook | Sick

BTS One Shots

Jeongguk hates being sick.

G | fluff (sort of)

a/n: I'm procrastinating from studying and finishing another fic, so I wrote this silly little thing instead. Sorry if it , I wrote it in a couple of minutes.

 


 

"But, honestly, hyung, I'm not that sick," Jeongguk argues.

Namjoon takes one look at him, his eyebrows raised, and Jeongguk knows that he isn't going to convince him.

He huffs and sits on the bed, crossing his arms in front of his chest. He looks at Yoongi, eyes wide and pleading.

It doesn't work. Yoongi gives him a blank stare. "You aren't coming, and that's final."

Jeongguk is tempted to say something like 'You aren't my dad.' But even he knows how childish that would be.

Why did he have to get sick just a couple of days before their comeback?

Jin ruffles his hair and Jeongguk doesn't lean into the touch because he is angry at all of them.

He pouts and looks at his hyung. Maybe it will work on him. Jin always has a soft spot for him.

But Jin just gives him a smile, shaking his head slightly. And Jeongguk sighs loudly. He already gave up hope on Hoseok and PD-hyung. Perfect. He isn't going.

He watches them as they leave for the performance that he should be in as well, and then crashes into the bed, his limbs protesting because he did a simple thing such as standing and talking for a while.

He really hates getting sick.

And no, he isn't going to complain.

He flips through the TV, stalks some of his fans on Twitter and on the fancafe (even though he will never admit to that),  and orders pizza, determined to eat all of it even though he isn't really hungry but he is at home alone, he might as well make the most of it.


He wakes up with his phone pressed up against his cheek, the rest of the pizza abandoned near him. He blinks a few times and then realises what has woken him up.

The sound of chatter and laughter can be heard from outside. He stands up. A couple of moments pass and then the six boys enter his room.

"I'm starving," Jimin declares. He spots the pizza and reaches to take a slice from it, only for his hand to be slapped away by Jeongguk.

"Mine," he states, no longer caring how he sounds. Jimin rolls his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" Jin asks.

"Good. I-" He pauses when Yoongi comes up in front of him and wraps his arms around him. He blinks and hugs him back, hiding his smile against his shoulder.

He turns around and finds Tae with the pizza in his hands, sharing it with Jimin. Jeongguk stares at them menacingly but Tae only grins and continues eating. Just wait till he doesn't feel like sleeping every couple of minutes, and he will get back at them.

They sit on the beds, sharing the pizza and talking about the comeback. And even though Jeongguk is still convinced that he could have still come and performed well, he lets it go for now and tells them how amazing they did. Hoseok wraps an arm around his shoulders and grins.

When they all leave to let him rest and to change their clothes, he lies down on the bed again, wondering if he can convince Jin to make him his favourite food for dinner tonight after he showers. He will probably be in a good mood enough to do it. 

There are a few perks to being sick, after all.