Namjin | One More Day

BTS One Shots

It is the end of the world and Namjoon and Jin are the last people standing.

pg-13 | apocolypse au

This is just an idea that popped into my head this morning and I felt the need to write it. ​As always, feedback is appreciated.

 


 
Namjoon opens his eyes and stretches, feeling his bones protest from sleeping on the hard small bed beneath him. He turns around and finds Jin sleeping on his side, his chapped lips parted slightly.
 
Namjoon shakes him softly, trying to wake him up. Jin doesn’t respond. His heart skips a beat. He shakes him again, harder.
 
Jin groans softly and Namjoon lets out a shaky breath. “Morning, sleepyhead,” he murmurs, ruffling Jin’s hair.
 
Jin opens his eyes and smiles weakly, leaning into his hand. Normally, Jin would shoot him a glare for daring to ruin his hair even when he was sleeping, but that stopped a long time ago.
 
“Get up,” Namjoon says. “You’ve slept long enough.”
 
“I’m tired,” Jin grumbles, his eyes fluttering and closing once more.
 
“I know you are, but we need to move, hyung,” he replies. “They might find us.”
 
“I don’t care,” he states. Namjoon thinks it might actually be true this time.
 
He opens his mouth to reply and then shuts it, lying on the bed once more. He has run of things to say to Jin to keep him going. He isn’t sure he has anything to keep himself going.
 
“Hyung,” he tries again. “Come on. We have been here for a couple of days now. We can’t stay.”
 
“No one is left, Namjoon,” Jin answers without opening his eyes. “Just forget about it. It is done.”
 
They haven’t met a single living person for a while now. Namjoon tells himself that it is because everyone is hiding, but he knows that it isn’t that. They are decreasing, even more than before and quicker than ever. Rotten bodies decorate every street, a promise and a reminder of their inevitable ending.
 
He doesn’t know why he or Jin is holding on anymore. They already lost everyone they loved except for each other. Some died peacefully, others fighting. Namjoon watched each death, wondering who was going to be next and after some time, silently hoped that he would be the one.
 
Maybe he is holding on for Jin, or maybe Namjoon is just scared that he wouldn’t meet him on the other side.
 
He leans against one arm and looks at Jin; his boyfriend has become impossibly skinny, his white t-shirt large on his bony chest, -they have been running out of food lately, and it is hard to come by anything without endangering themselves- his brown hair has gotten long and messy, his chin unshaven and his eyes blood red.
 
Namjoon runs his hand on Jin’s shoulder lightly. Jin is slowly withering away from him, and he has no idea what to do.
 
He should get up -they are running out of water and supplies, he reminds himself- but he can’t leave. He doesn’t want to. He has an unshakable feeling that they don’t have much time left.
 
He leans in and presses his lips to Jin’s chapped ones, parting them slightly. He puts his hand on the back of Jin’s neck, the other around his waist.
 
Namjoon remembers the first time he met him; the first time he made him laugh and how Jin hid his mouth self-consciously, stifling his giggle. 
 
His hyungs used to relentlessly about how whipped he was, but he honestly didn’t mind that much. It was true, after all.
 
He remembers the day when he finally told him, and how soft Jin’s lips were on his own when they kissed. He remembers falling asleep that day thinking that he had everything he ever wanted.
 
Namjoon’s lips travel around Jin’s body, savouring each touch and taste and look that crosses his face. The way he parts his lips, letting out a soft gasp when Namjoon kisses his sensitive spot, his back arching slightly.
 
He wonders if this is the last time he would be able to do this to Jin, to touch him, to feel him close.
 
“Jin-” he starts when they separate.
 
“Let’s just stay here, Joonie,” Jin murmurs, snuggling close to him.
 
Namjoon wraps his arms around Jin, pulling him closer. It is a cold morning and he wants to save every bit of body heat that they have. Jin buries his face in his chest.
 
Namjoon tells himself that he is going to get up and get to work in just a few minutes as he tightens his grip around Jin. He tells himself that they are going to make it, both of them. Just like they have been for the last couple of months.
 
He tries to think of somewhere that they haven’t been to yet, a place where no one can find them, but Jin is distracting and Namjoon lets himself close his eyes and take a long breath, releasing it slowly.
 
They can stay here for just one more day.