Learning Love

Learning Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin doesn't smile.

Taemin doesn't laugh.

Taemin doesn't cry.

Taemin doesn't frown.

Taemin doesn't even talk much.

But Taemin is beautiful.

His silky white hair that flows down on each sides of his head,

His plump and unique-shaped lips,

His high yet round tipped nose,

His eyes that appear to be glistening all the time,

His jawline that is sharp yet subtle,

His body line that is skinny and fragile,

His neck that is long and elegant,

All these are part of Lee Taemin's beauty.

Beauty that resembles that of a person's image of what an angel would look like.

Add to that his never changing stoic face,

one would think that Lee Taemim was a sculpted angel created by the hands of God himself.

Never moving, never changing.

 

On the other hand, we have Kim Jongin.

Jongin is always smiling.

Jongin loves to laugh.

Jongin cries easily.

Jongin rarely frown.

Jongin talks too much.

But Jongin is well-liked.

His face may be one of the reasons why people like him because it is unimaginably handsome but

He is also very considerate with people he interact with,

He is very honest and sincere,

He is fun to be with,

He likes to act silly and make people laugh

He is smart, kind, etc.

There are enough good qualities in Kim Jongin to fill up a 100 page notebook.

But he is not perfect.

Kim Jongin, as much as his good qualities, have many qualities that aren't considered tolerable for most people as well.

An example is his persistence. Kim Jongin is a little too persistent

____

 

It was Jongin's first day in his new school.

All morning lessons were finished and it was lunch time.

He had already made friends with most of his classmate.

Jongin believes that having friends is very important.

He believes that living life without others, is just plain boring 

 

He and his new friends decided to go to the cafeteria to buy some food.

They kept asking him stuff about himself and he was always glad to answer.

After buying their meal, he and his friends went about to find themselves a table.

That's when Jongin first noticed Taemin.

The angelic beauty was seated at a table right in the middle of the cafeteria.

Jongin had to snap himself out of a trance, due to Taemin's enticing beauty.

At that moment he has decided that Taemin will also be one of his new friends.

"Let's sit beside him." He tells his new friends but his words made their faces look worried and disagreeable.

They exchanged disapproving looks with each other until one finally spoke.

"Uhm, Jonginah, you see, we can't sit there. That's Taemin's table." His new friend with an unruly hair said 

"Why?" Jongin couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

Once again, his new friends exchanged looks of disapproval, but before one of his new friends could say anything more, Jongin had already started to pace towards Taemin.

He sat right in front of Taemin and placed his food-filled tray on the table between them while wearing a huge grin on his face.

It may be because he hadn't notice or he just didn't care, but even after Jongin sat in front of him, Taemin remained motionless.

His hands were holding, a spoon on the right and a book on the left. His eyes glued to his book and his back slightly slouched.

Taemin's lack of reaction didn't affect in the least Jongin's resolve to make this beautiful boy his friend.

"Hi!" He greeted a little to loudly, still wearing a huge grin on his face.

Still, Taemin remained unmoved.

But one of Jongin's good (or bad) quality is his persistence.

"Hi! Nice to meet you, I'm Jongin." He introduced, his voice even louder this time.

Finally, Taemin looked up from his book and made eye contact with Jongin. This excited Jongin, he felt the friendship he was hoping for was about to blossom.

But unfortunately, Taemin wasn't as friendly as he was. After looking at him for about 5 seconds, Taemin closed his book, stood up, grabbed his book and tray of food, then left and headed to a different table.

This made Jongin upset and he couldnt stop a frown from forming on his face.

His head was hung low, not because he was sad, but because he was thinking of another way to make Taemin his friend.

But his new friends interpreted his form as that caused by dejection. 

Jongin felt a light tap on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it Jongin, Taemin is always like that. He is really very beautiful but his face never changes. It's like he doesn't care about anything. That's why he doesnt have any friends." One of his new friends explained. It was a petite girl that wore pigtails. A little childish for a highschool student maybe, but Jongin is never one to judge. Her tone of voice mirrorred that of disappointment. Jongin wondered if this girl actually wanted to be friends with Taemin as well.

"So his name is Taemin huh. Hmmm. I don't think he doesnt care about anything. I'll just try harder next time." He announced and his friends were a bit surprised that he still hasn't given up. But the didn't say anything else to discourage him.

____

 

The next day, Jongin saw Taemin again during lunchtime at the cafeteria.

He was still alone and he was still holding the same book, and it seems that he is almost done reading it.

 Persistent as he is, Jongin once again sat himself infront of Taemin and introduced himself the same way he did the day before.

And as expected (by many) Taemin reacted the same way he did the day before.

 The cycle continued for 3 days. And always, Jongin is left alone seated at the table in the middle of the cafeteria until his friends approach him, pat his back for encouragement, and join him in eating lunch.

On the sixth day since he first met or saw or talked to Taemin, he decided to up his game a bit.

After Taemin stood and left from the table Jongin does the same and follows Taemin.

When Taemin sat at a table on the corner of the room, Jongin sits in front of him.

"So, you like romance novels huh?" Jongin asks, wearing his usual grin. 

After days of trying to get Taemin to befriend him, Jongin noticed the ever changing books that he held and read during lunch breaks. Being a smart one, he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter