Chapter 4

I see you everywhere

 

Sehun’s hair blew in the wind as leaves started to circle the bench he was sitting on. Jongin sat beside him looking up towards the sky. This scene was different as they weren’t seated in the classroom but outside on the schools infamous bench that was placed right in front of a large autumn tree (A/N: This is taken from my school XD) with leaves of red, orange, a hint of green and a dash of yellow. There were always a pile of leaves on the floor surrounding the area and when it is windy, the leaves would circle round the bench, and this is what makes it such a special place. It makes wonderful photos. Many couples sit near the autumn tree or underneath it. Jongin thinks he’ll bring Taemin here one day. He doesn’t know how, but he would like to.

“Say, Sehun, how would you describe the weather?”

“I would say, it’s fairly windy with a few grey clouds but it’s quite warm. Why?”

“Tanya asked me to be her personal weather reporter”

“She’s not disabled too is she?”

“Oh, no, she just doesn’t go out much and misses the sky.”

“I think it’s an excuse to meet you more often” Sehun hummed.

“Even if she didn’t ask me that, I’d still come to her door everyday”

“Oh yeah, you went to her house right, what was it like?”

“It’s perfect. It didn’t have much furniture inside but somehow I found it really special. There was also this grand piano in one of the rooms which I played for her” Jongin said placing his right foot onto his thigh and letting his knee drop.

“Showing off are we?”

“Well, she cried”

“What, why?!”    

“Said it was beautiful. My song, I mean.”

“She seems nice. Now I really want to meet her”

“Erm… well yes, one day” Jongin laughed awkwardly.

The bell went off, ending their peaceful moment.

“Tell Tanya I say Hi” Sehun shouted as he ran off to class.

“Will do!” Jongin watched as his friend ran into the building. When he was safely out of sight, Jongin put his hand down from waving.

“I promise I’ll tell you one day.” He whispered.

 

 

Jongin sat down once again in the living room. Taemin wore a grey jumper with red writing across the front and black trousers. He looked nice with his hair styled perfectly. Jongin however had wind hair, tie all over the place, dirty trousers (A stick decided to be a to him again) and a crinkled jumper. It needed an iron.

“I quit Piano” confessed Taemin.

“What?! No way” Jongin gaped.

“I had a talk with my Mum as she noticed my cheek was rather red and I had to tell her at some point and I’ve never really liked the piano anyway” Jongin took hold of Taemins cold hand.

“You shouldn’t give up over something like that! I mean, sure, Monsieur was being a but you shouldn’t back down to him, show him your better than that”

“I’m sorry, Jongin, but I’ve already quit”

“Fine then, let me teach you”

“What?” Taemin looked startled at the suggestion.

“I mean, I’m still learning myself, but let me teach you. You have a talent. Not every day do you see a blind person playing the piano”

“Actually there are-“

“Well yes, but that’s not the point”

“I thought it was…”

“What I’m trying to say is… I’d like to know more about you and teaching you the piano could get us closer” Jongin sighed. Taemin squeezed his hand lightly.

“Alright then. Deal.”

“What news have you got for me today?” Taemin asked, closing his eyes and leaning his head back on the sofa.

“I made a poem today. Wanna hear it?”

“Enlighten me”

“A wise old owl lived in an oak.

The more he saw, the less he spoke.

The less he spoke, the more he heard.

Why can’t we all be like that wise old bird?”

“Creative,” Taemin laughed.

“A little sad though”

“It was during English. We had to make a poem to do with society. You have a go”

“Does it have to do with society?”

“Nope.”

“Okay then, Just off the edge,

… Where… the sky shines bright blue,

And daises grow madly,

Dreams do come true.”

“Creative. Say, was your dream to become a professional piano player?”

“When I was younger”

“Then this is more of a reason to let me teach you”

“You’re really demanding, aren’t you.” Jongin grinned, leaning back against that sofa.

“Lee Taemin, do you trust me?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Do you trust me?”

Taemin opened his eyes slightly, somewhere deep in his heart he wished to see light instead of darkness. It was a habit to open his eyes slightly, his mother used to say to him that he shouldn’t be held down from opening them even though he couldn’t see.

“I guess so.”

“Even though you don’t know me, and could be a potential killer or something?”

“Didn’t we have this conversation already?” Taemin laughed.

The two boys spent the rest of the evening thinking up possible jobs that Jongin had and information about themselves. Taemins mother entered the house as Jongin had left.

“Taemin, was that your friend just now?” She asked setting down a brown paper bag with groceries in the kitchen.

“Yeah, Jongin his name is” Taemin smiled. Taemins mother caught it and hummed to herself.

 

 

A butler with a stiff figure and large glasses opened the door of the Kim household. Jongin ignored the man’s questions to why he was so late and headed straight to his father’s studies. A few maids passed by as he stood facing the large wooden door, frozen. He had been rehearsing everything in his mind. Sehuns words once again echoed in his mind. Jongin took a large, deep, long breath and raised his hand, knocking firmly on the thick door before walking inside.

“Don’t just walk- oh, Jongin, what do you want, I’m busy” A man with long brown hair tied in a untidy low pony tail with small glasses on the edge of his nose, sat with a sea of papers scattered around the desk in the dark room.

“Father, I would like to discuss something important with you” Jongin said standing straight.

“Now’s not a good time, come back to tomorrow” His father said writing back on a crinkled piece of yellowing paper.

“About the… ‘Women’ you bring home.” 

His father raised his eyes from his desk, looking into Jongins.

“I think you should stop.”

“Who are you to decide what I can and cannot do?”

Jongin balled his fists, taking a small calm breath.

“Father, what good are these women to you?”

“Jongin, I am busy, go do some homework or something.”

“It’s gotten worse over the years, when will this stop?”

“It’s my decision, stop wasting my time.”

Jongin bit his lip.

“Are you trying to replace mother?”

“Your mother was worthless just like all the other women I’ve been with.”

“Do you know what it feels like to have multiple strangers invade your house? Seeing a different woman every single morning with a man I once respected and loved, having to witness you get drunk almost every night, looking back at pictures and trying to remember what it felt like back then to be a family, do you know what that feels like?” Jongin didn’t know what came over him as he suddenly felt a wave of confidence overtake him and he got lost in his words. There a numerous reasons to why this was a bad idea.

Jongins father stared at him, making his sudden burst of confidence slowly die down. He felt small all of a sudden. Like a child.

“This is my house, if you don’t like it here you can find somewhere else to stay, you hear me? Don’t you dare speak back at me like that; now get out of my sight before I give you a good beating!” The man shouted, his face turning slightly pink.

“I HATE YOU” It was childish, he knew, but Jongin couldn’t help it. He ran out that damned room before he could stop himself and slammed his bedroom door shut. As a kid, he would do this very action too before belly-flopping onto his bed, crying into the pillow. Which is what he did.

Those last words replayed over and over and over his mind.

 

I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

 


Omg this was a terrible chapter, sorry! 

BTW i'm not a depressing person XD

Word count: 1448