VARIETY 02. WEEKLY IDOL WITH HANI AND HEECHUL.

4xU. The ComeBack: AWARD SHOW SEASON!

VAREITY 02. - WEEKLY IDOL FEAT. HANI AND HEECHUL

 



 In the famed B3 filming set, the crew was bustling about and the MCs looking over their scripts as their guests were left waiting in the adjoining hallway/room. The PD made his rounds, checking if anyone needed anything, and once he got to the MCs, got the clear to begin filming.

"Weekly Idol, Episode 264 with 4xU, start!" And the cameras starting focusing on the three MCs. "Ah, let's begin, shall we? Just as we practiced, no need to be nervous." Defconn smiled before the three did their usual bow and pose as they introduced the show. "Welcome to Weekly Idol!"

"Ah, it's so nice being back in the basement after a long week, don't you think?" Heechul smiled, stretching his arms as Hani looked at him strangely. "We're here all the time, what are you talking about?" She quipped back, making the girls laugh in the back as they watched and overheard the opening dialouge.

"We can't fight today of all days! We have lovely guests today who are here for us," Defconn broke the two apart, "And fans have been greatly anticipating their arrival since their first debut in 2008. They are blowing up in the industry world and doing very well on their debut and comeback track, don't you think?"

Hani nodded, "They're very pretty and talented and have been working hard, I can tell!" She grinned and waved at the girls, before Defconn stopped her, "What are you doing? You can't greet them before they even come out, what are you doing??" Causing more laughter from the girls and crew, as well as Heechul.

Heechul looked over despite Defconn's 'protests' of show ettique, "I think I know half of them, and another one is apparently half my age. I need to retire, I'm too old for this." He threw his hands up in the air dramatically as Hani laughed at him. "You are rather old!" She snorted. 

"I give up, I'm going to introduce them, seeing as my associates are becoming fans already by their mere presence," Defconn interrupted, "Bright and fun, let's welcome 4xU!" A small group of cheers came from the group as a whole as they entered, smiling brightly and waving and greeting their MCs of the hour enthusicastically.

"Ah, I love them already, they have a very nice variety presence!" Hani announced, gesturing to them happily. A few of them bowed gratefully, smiling as they were praised. The girls were obviously very excited to be here and the same could be for their MCs being excited to have them. 

"First, do your introduction for the fans please, 1 2, 3!" Defconn said, rather fast and indesconcernable and confusing them. "Ah, so it's like this." He shook his head in mock disappointment, "You know the leader should be prepared for these types of things, who is your leader --" Immediately fingers were pointed to Sang Mi, who just bowed in apology, trying not to laugh. 

"I'm sorry, we'll do better, ready, 1, 2, ," She counted off, leading them in their greeting. "This is For You! Hello, we are 4xU!" 

Politely clapping was held for the girls as they finished, looking around the basement. "Ah, so before we continue, fans of the show may not know who you are, so please introduce yourselves individually." And they did, only getting to Sophie before stopping. 

"Ah, you're not from Korea??" They asked, referring to her name. Sophie shook her head, "Ah, well, I lived in New Zealand for a while and back to South Korea --" 

"Hani, speak English with her!" Defconn ordered, pushing their resident genius forward. "Hi, how are you?" Hani asked in English, and Sophie smiled and nodded, "Fine, how are you?" 

"Well. Are you the only one who can speak --?" She trailed off as a majority of the group raised their hands. "All of us can speak English to some extent." Sophie went on to explain, "But only three of us speak it fluently." 

"Ah, but you're Chinese?" Defconn asked Venus, who had just introduced herself as Chinese. "I was born in New York, so I learned English first, then moved to South Korea when I was about eight?" She counted on her fingers. "Ah, okay okay." Heechul accepted that, "And I know this one," He gestured to JJ who laughed good naturedly. "Yes, I suppose we do know each other well."

"How many of your members are actually not from South Korea originally?" Defconn asked, and when he saw five members raise their hands, he dramatically stumbled backwards. "So many! Okay, who's from where?" He asked, interested. "JJ was born in Los Angeles with her sisters," Tina spoke up this time, "I'm from Vietnam, Venus is also from America, Sophie is from New Zealand, and Chase is from Thailand."  

"Ah, I know this one too, only on a bit of a more personal level, I'd like to think." Heechul mentioned, pointing towards Tina. "Are we?" She asked, looking surprised. The question caused everyone in the studio to burst out laughing and Heechul looking betrayed. "We have coffee together! Ah, this one." He pretended to be mad, rolling his eyes once everyone got gathered once again.

"But really, Heechul and I are close, I admit it." Tina relented, letting Heechul repair some of his pride. He sighed angrily, "She's just like her cousin, I swear. Not just in looks but in sense of humor." He shook his head, letting Tina just smile and act innocent. "I have to ask, do you drive like Taeyeon?" 

Tina furrowed her brow in confusion, "Ah, well, I don't have my license --"

"So probably very similar." Heechul shrugged, causing another uproar of laughter amongst the basement. Even early on in the Weekly Idol, you could tell that this episode would be a hilarious one. The PD let the cameras cut after a few seconds, letting the group and MCs regroup before continuing filming. 

"Ah, usually we don't do this segment with newly debuted groups," Defconn started off after the PD counted down, "However, since you already have music from a previous mini album, we decided to try it out on you guys. This is Random Play Dance!" 

Hani reminded them of the rules, adding a, "Are you confident that you'll do well?" at the end. JJ nodded eagerly, grinning, "I'm ready! I made us all practice so I know we won't fail!" Heechul's eyes widened, "How did you do that? How do you practice for random play dance?"

"She made our manager put our songs on shuffle and change them randomly." Venus laughed at the stricken faces of their less stronger dancers. "Obviously not all of us liked it."

"If you're that confident, and you succeed in one try, we'll buy all of you a Korean Beef Box set. How's that for more motivation?" Defconn promised. Chase stepped forward, "You promise? No backing out?" She held up her pinky, "I'm so serious when it comes to meat." She announced, and once Defconn pinky promised, she nodded and went back to her place, her spark ignited. "Let's get meat!" She cheered as the girls waited for the first song.

However, when BubiBu started up, the original members scrambled into place while the new members left the stage--- however, Sophie simply froze, looking lost. Immediately the music was stopped by the MCs and the uproar of betrayal and the loss of the individual beef box set was instant.

"Sophie!!! Why??? Why did you stand there looking lost?" Defconn asked, pulling her aside. "That's our song?" Was her reply, looking at the other members. "No, no, no, it's ours!" Naeun gestured to the original five, "You three never practiced this with us, we didn't ever --" "So why did they put it in???" Sophie screeched, looking at the production team at a loss. "Play songs that we're all in so that doesn't happen!" 

"Ahh, but that's the beauty of Random Play Dance." Hani sighed, putting her arm around Sophie. "So, shall we punish her?" She asked the members, and Chase and JJ furiously nodded their heads.

Heechl then brought out probably the oldest prop of the Weekly Idol show -- the ever dangerous red Hammer toy. Immediately after it was brought into the camera's line of sight, Venus did grabby hands.

"Let me punish her! I want to hit someone with it!" Venus proclaimed, her arms still reaching. "Oh, yeah, let her do it, Venus is pretty strong!" As the other group members planned Sophie's punishment, she sunk lower into Hani's arm, a dark cloud hanging over her head. "It won't be that bad," Hani attempted to cheer up the younger, "...I think." 

The Hammer toy was eventually given to Venus, and Sophie on her knees to recieve the hit fully. "Sophie-unnie," Venus readied her arm, preparing to hit, "Please promise that you'll do better so we can win lots of delicious food!" Sophie just cringed as the hammer swung down, hitting her head with a loud squeak and having Sophie curl into herself, about her head in English. Chase simply laughed as she went to comfort her younger friend, "Ah, it's okay, don't worry about it. You'll get over it. Let's go!"

Once everyone was reassembled, Heechul asked, "Now that the beef sets are gone, what would you like to eat if you succeed?" There was a little debate between black bean noodles, hamburgers, and the like, but eventually the girls decided on their meal of choice. 

"Pizza and chicken!" Sang Mi announced their decision, and Defconn looked confused, "Ah, why does every girl group ask for that after meat?" 

Hani looked at him in distaste, "You try going on our level of dieting and see what you ask for!" 

"Alright, alright, and we were also reminded that some of the members may not know all of the old dances that the original members do know," Defconn relented, "So we'll give you all a safe chance, so if someone messes up but can come back, we won't count it, but that's it, okay?" The girls nodded happily, and with JJ's happy, "We got this, we even have a free chance, there's no way we won't get it. Let's go!" the round started once again.

This time they started out with the group's debut song chorus, For You, and immediately the girls fell into the familiar and well practiced choreography, earning praises from the three MCs as they watched intently. This pattern continued into the last bridge of Dream Candy, and then the third track, Just Go! came on, and while the majority of the song was stable, the second verse when Clara began rapping with Sang Mi, Sang Mi was no where to be found -- she was still in her chorus position, and them zoomed over to their youngest for the last line. 

"Right there, that was your safe chance, Sang Mi took it, okay?" The MCs shouted, getting an affirmative shout back from the group as they concentrated on the song's placement. The Random Play Dance went back to the beginning of For You next, and you can tell that every member was on high alert to make sure they didn't screw up. During the last chorus, you could even hear a few of the more competitive members count the beats out loud as they went through the steps -- loud enough for everyone to hear until the song changed. The drop of the chorus for I DID IT  blared through the speakers, making the three new members run out of the way while the original five stood there looking like lost lambs. 

Immediately Hani and Heechul screeched, "Dishonor! Disappointment! We even gave you a free chance and you lost it!" Leaving the members to mourn their failure. JJ, however, was not having it today. "No! We can do it, I know we can! One more chance!"

Defconn his chin as JJ begged for one more chance, "I'll give you one more chance for pizza and chicken. If you fail this, you fail Random Play Dance and there's no coming back from it." He motioned for Heechul to come over, "As we all know, Heechul has very strange preferences when it comes to cuteness and his heart rate--" Immediately Heechul's face paled and he tried to wiggle out of Defconn's grasp, but to no avail, "So if you can pick it up enough to beat the record for the last girl group on here, we'll give you the pizza and chicken." JJ nodded and gathered the group together, hoping to start figuring out who'd be best for this as Hani read off the goal.

"The record is: 150!" The girls moaned as Hani announced the target, talking amongst themselves readily and selecting their three representatives for the task and Heechul got the heart rate monitor put on and running. 

"Okay! We've decided!" Sang Mi announced, and Venus pulled forward Clara, Naeun, and Sophie. "These three, we're sure of it." Venus grinned as they lined up, Clara going first. Clara was cute and it did pick up a bit (almost hitting 140), but unfortunately it did not get close. Naeun also did her best, even going so far as to hold his hands and sing a cute song, making his heart rate go just over 142, but also, to no avail. 

"Sophie please. I want chicken so badly!!" Chase called to her group mate, who did a thumbs up. "Hold on, let me get ready!" Sophie called, rushing over to Tina and getting help with something, the rest of them covering her as best they could from the others. Hani gasped, "She's prepared, she knows what she's doing." Heechul's heart was already a bit higher out of anxiety, giving her a further edge. Sophie finally immerged, her hair in pigtails and an obviously forced smile as she made her way over to Heechul, "Am I cute yet?",only to jump in surprise when Heechul's heart rate jumped. The girls cheered and that made Heechul even more embarrassed, hiding his face and his heart rate hit 140, his face started to turn red. 

"I told you, the preferences are weird!" Defconn claimed, referring to Sophie's forced cute act rather than the natural aegyo that Naeun and Clara were able to produce. Heechul's face was bright red now as Sophie took his hands in her, "Oppa," Another heart jump, the number reaching 143, and more cheers making it reach 145, "Why aren't you telling me I'm cute?" With the pout that accompanied the cute voice she did, the heart rate montior showed 150 and the group lost it and immediately Sophie dropped his hands to run away, her face red and already getting assistance taking out the pigtails.

"We win!!! Good job Sophie!" JJ grinned, patting the younger on the back as Tina helped her fix her hair. "I'm never doing that ever again." Sophie grumbled into Tina's shoulder, hiding her face from the camera. Naeun laughed, looking between her group mate and the thoroughly embarrassed male MC. Hani cheered, "Congratulations, 4xU! You pass!"

Cheers from the girls and hugs for their MVP of the challenge went around as the cameras cut and chairs were brought out for the next segment. Sang Mi was taken aside with the PD for ordering purposes, the girls shouting their desires as the two talked and looked at the menus they'd be receiving their prizes from. "You know, I'm sure there's someone who will love that segment~" Chase teased as they sat down, making Sophie push her friend a little and accidentally into Venus, knocking the original maknae off balance. "Whoa Whoa, sorry!" Chase apologized, helping Venus right herself before scurrying back to their seats and the PD signaled they'd start filming again.

"Ah, so while we wait for your food," Defconn started as the 'recording' light on the cameras flickered on, "We'd like to get to know more about 4xU!" For the past few weeks, on interviews, variety shows, all the girls have been asked about is themselves, and while they were sick of it, they all smiled and nodded, clapping politely. 

"This is Intro Cards: 4xU Version!"  The segment title was announced by the three MCs, bringing attention to the small easel for the info cards. "Can we keep those afterwards? They're so nice!" Sophie asked, pointed at the lamentated cardstock that had their debut teaser picture and their information on the side. "What? No no no, we keep these," Heechul guarded the cards, "To see your growth next time you come on the show." Sophie rolled her eyes but settled back in her seat, waiting for the members to be talked about.

"So we'll start with the first one, and it is--" The camera zoomed in on it, "JJ!" JJ smiled and turned her full attention to the MCs and what was on her card. 

"So we've discovered that JJ is quite competitive in the Random Play Dance," Hani began, "But it looks like her talents are even more impressive than her desire to win!" 

"Hidden Composer???" Hani read out, looking to JJ for an explanation. The elder shifted in her seat, "Well, I'm very interesting in writing lyrics and music, I just haven't been as active as Chase has been." She gestured over to her group mate, who grinned. "My studio is pretty much co-owned with her, honestly. All the members are free to come in and play and learn with my equipment, but JJ's the only one I've given a key to so she can go whenever she likes to work on her own stuff." 

"Wow! JJ, how long have you been writing and composing?" JJ thought about it, counting on her hands, "Probably about five years? It was little over halfway into my training years, I just had a hard time finding inspiration staying as a trainee, so I picked up a pen and started writing. When I was stuck and couldn't write, I'd play it out on the piano. It really helped me release a lot of tension and emotions that I felt I couldn't verbally express." She revealed. 

"What kind of genre do you like to keep it into?" Hani asked, her curiosity piqued. "I like ballads, or really strong emotional songs. The genre usually can be shaped around lyrics, since I have more of those then piano compositions." Chase nodded, "I like making the music to the lyrics. Lyrics have always been harder for me to write." 

Defconn nodded, "So you're like a perfect pair then? That's really incredible."

Heechul leaned forward, "Could we look forward to one day having a complete track composed and written by you two for 4xU?" The two looked at each other, "It's possible!" 

"Now the next one could be really good for you or just really good for laughs, I think," Defconn said, "Can imitate scenes from popular movies -- Are you an actress?"

JJ shrugged, "I've taken lessons, as most of us have, I think, but yes, I did tend to do well in acting." 

"Can we see a scene? Any one in particular you know you're good at?" The MC suggested, gesturing for JJ to come down in the center. "Ah, I need help from someone in order to do it properly --" She looked around, trying to pick her partner, "It's one of the scenes from My Sassy Girl, the one where she's talking to the old man?" Suddenly Venus popped up, volunteering herself. 

"I'll be the old man, hold on --" She stood at a hunched angle, earning a few giggles, "No, okay I'm ready, go ahead!" She insisted, JJ composing herself as appointed director Sang Mi counted down to begin the scene. JJ positioned herself next to the old man, her face becoming somber and her voice fitting the tone well, "If we were destined to meet..." She began, drawing everyone in almost immediately, "I thought we'd meet by chance somewhere." She looked off past the camera, waiting for Venus to respond.

A sudden, hoarse and riducliously lowered voice came from Venus, "Know what fate is?" Which ruined the scene almost immediately, causing JJ to break character a bit, "Building a bridge of chance for someone you --" She couldn't finish the line, however, as she started coughing and causing a true burst of laughter and reaction in the group watching. After things had calmed down, Defconn had thanked both Venus and JJ for their acting skills, adding on, "I think JJ would be a very good pick for some drama projects or movies if that's an option for the future." JJ thanked them as she sat, looking at the next two and laughing as she read them. 

"#1 Sleeper -- why is this? Do you sleep a lot, JJ?" Hani asked, "Because me too." She high fived JJ, who was still laughing a bit. "No, I just fall asleep very easily. It's always a fear that we'll be on a big program with lots of groups, and I'll end up falling asleep because we're sitting around for so long." She admitted, and a few members nodded in agreement. 

"JJ-unnie really can fall asleep anywhere, though," Naeun offered, bringing attention to herself, "We were travelling to a music show recently and even though it was later in the afternoon, I looked over to ask her if she had brought her charger, and she was just passed out!" The group laughed, JJ not denying it either. She smiled and took it in stride. 

"Some girl groups are quick to try and protect their image, but you guys seem pretty honest about your flaws and your habits, even if they are strange!" Heechul commended the group so far, and they all just laughed, "There's no use lying, it all comes out in the end anyways." Sang Mi claimed, earning a few murmurs in agreement before continuing with JJ's last fun fact. 

"Secret Agent Jung? Are you a spy for SM?" Heechul accused, standing up and pointing at the girl. JJ laughed again, pointing back, "Not even close!" In the same manner, earning more laughter from the yougner members. 

"So what does 'secret agent' mean?" Defconn asked. Clara raised her hand politely, and Defconn immediately sprang on her, "Now i know you're still in school, Clara, but there's no need to raise your hand, okay?" Clara's face turned bright red, and she nodded, "Okay... Well, JJ-unnie is so... so quiet... And we can never hear her approaching.." She trailed off, looking at her other members for help. Sang Mi immeidately jumped in, "That's right, she hardly ever makes noise moving around without shoes or anything on, so you'll think you're alone and then suddenly she's just right behind you like "Oh! I thought you knew?" and she sometimes catches you doing some embarrassing things!" 

"Ah, so JJ has many of the member's secrets when they think they're alone, do you?" She nodded at the question, and immediately Chase stood up behind her, "JJ please, do not reveal any of mine. Anyone else, go for it--"

"Traitor!" Venus wailed dramatically, and Chase shrugged, "I know who's number one in my heart." Laughter ensued and the MCs thanked JJ for letting them talk about her, before moving onto the next card. 

"Looks like your secrets will be revealed without my help!" JJ teased as Chase laughed at her teaser image. "I look so young...The viewers must be having a shock when seeing me on TV then." The surprise self-diss made Heechul and Hani laugh, before Defconn railed them in again to continue talking about Chase.

"Yoga Master? You do yoga?" Hani asked, looking particularly excited. Chase nodded, "I started a bit after 2008, and ended up just staying with it, even until now. I still go to a studio and take classes and everything." 

"Can you show us a few poses?" Hani gestured to the floor, and Chase shrugged, standing up and bending over, pulling her hair into a pony tail to keep it out of her face. She smiled apologetically to the crew behind the camera, "Sorry to the wonderful hair stylist who was able to tame my mane... I ruined it in the name of health though!" She compromised, before getting on the floor into Balancing Star immediately, causing an uproar and Hani's infamous 'oppa goggles' as some fans would call it, cheering for Chase who grimanced a bit before coming out of the pose, rolling her wrist. "It's never important to stretch and properly warm up your joints and muscles before doing things like these, it's very dangerous okay?" She said, before laying fully back on the floor, "This is my favorite yoga pose, anyone can do it. We usually begin and end classes in this one." 

Immediately Heechul, Hani, Venus, Sophie, Naeun, and Tina joined her on the floor, taking position. "Man, if this is yoga, count me in!" Hani exclaimed. Sophie shook her head, "Don't say that, she'll take you to hot yoga and you'll die." Heechul raised himself up, "Hot Yoga?" 

Chase grinned as she helped Tina and Naeun off the floor, Venus and Sophie having already gotten up and gotten back to their seats, "It's yoga in a hot room, usually averaging in 33 Celsius." Heechul shot up fast, "Oh no no, I'm most definitely okay with never having to go to that. I'm sure you have plenty of fun, but I am okay with not having that kind of fun." He rambled, Chase laughing as she got up from her position.

"What's 'Kraing'?" And immediately back down she went, hiding her face. "Kraing was my underground rap name." She finally admitted, getting up and sitting down. "I got my start there, that's how I was noticed before becoming a trainee." 

Heechul nodded, "So that's how you got started writing and composing?" Chase nodded, "Yes. I still go sometimes. I like going back and seeing who's new out there and occasionally performing. I haven't had time due to debut and putting my career first, you know." When asked to rap freestyle, she immediately declined, "I'm most definitely too rusty for that." Chase insisted, "I'll do it eventually for you, next time we come on, I'll introduce myself with a rap." She pinky promised Defconn on it, and they moved on.

"And there's also Water Coloring here? You like to paint?" Heechul asked, pointing to the note. "I like doing it," Chase emphasized, "I'm by no means good at it." However, they were having none of it and brought out the infamous easel and drawing pad. "If you could paint the MCs and sign it, you could prove the level of your skills." She laughed as she put on the apron, "Trust me, a child will be able to do better than me, but I will try!" She said, picking up the brush and dipping it in the paint, setting about the creation of her masterpiece.

Hani read the last one, "Unfunny jokster?" Chase laughed again, pointing to Sang Mi, "She'll explain, I have to concentrate on making this perfect." She went back to painting, her brush making very specific and lines. 

Sang Mi rolled her eyes, "Chase is pretty infamous, even since debut, about being a practical jokester. She likes to do the really lame stuff though, so we never find it that funny nowadays." 

"My jokes are hilarious, you just don't understand the many layers they have!" Chase immediately pointed her brush at her leader, sticking her tongue out. 

Tina jumped in, "So the time you ding-dong ditched Infinite's dorm is deep and complex, then?" Chase's cheeks burned, and she hastily went back to her painting, the girls laughing. "Sophie's been getting in on it too, though, and I know they're trying to corrupt Venus and Clara!" JJ pointed out, and Tina immediately protected the two younger members. Sophie pouted, "I think Chase-unnie is hilarious." Chase grinned and without looking away from her painting, gave her friend a high-five before going back.

"Moving on, and keep painting, Chase, don't worry about stopping --" Hani encouraged, before revealing the next member, "Venus, the original maknae!" Venus imwardly cringed at the nickname. Hopefully after this round of promotions, it would die down a bit.

"So you have quite a few funny ones, so let's jump right into it, okay?" Venus nodded, trying to look over the empty seat where Chase once was to get a better look at the card. "Gamer Girl? It is for video games, variety games?" Hani asked, and Venus thought about it. 

"I just really like games, but I really play a lot on my mobile phone. That's why there's a lot of pictures of me fiddling with it -- I'm probably playing something on it." She said, "I'll play really anything, though! I can be a little competitive so don't be surprised if I beat you." She looked at the camera, making the 'I'm watching you' motion with her fingers. The MCs laughed, "Looks like she's ready for a challenge! Try your luck to beat 4xU's Gamer Girl!" Hani grinned at the camera as Heechul read off the next one.

He looked over, "Dancing Ace. Ah, that's to be expected, I don't think I saw her make a single mistake in Random Play Dance!" Venus quickly said, "I didn't." Confirming her confidence in her dancing abilities. "Should we have our own min Random Play Dance for you then, Venus?" Defconn proposed, and Venus stood up, nodding in agreement, "Let's go! I won't lose!" 

"Let's just do 4xU's song to prove the point, alright?" Defconn instructed the sound directors, "Whenever Venus is ready then!"

Once in the middle and checking that she had enough space, she cued the sound directors, "Music please!" Immediately going into BubiBu's chorus, and it only took her a few seconds to get back into the dance, performing flawlessly. About halfway through the second verse, the track switched to Just Go!'s breakdown before the ending chorus, which Venus had to travel a bit to get into her 'proper' position, which made the switch all the more impressive. "She's even remembering everyone else's positions and where she has to be in formation, wow!" Heechul pointed out, mouth open as Venus continued to dance, pausing as the music changed once more. This time it was Dream Candy's intro, which Venus had to spin at the beginning, almost teetering off balance, but recovered enough to at least manage the first verse. As she got into the groove for the chorus, it changed again to For You's chorus. It didn't take Venus but a second to change into the choreography for that. As soon as the chorus finished, the MCs cheered, signalling a perfect pass for Venus's Random Play Dance. 

"That was amazing!" Hani praised, making Venus blush a little. "Ah, thank you!" She smiled, and leaned into Tina's hug as she congratulated the younger. "Our Dancing Ace!" The older proclaimed, and there was no arguments around the room, even from Naeun. "She's the best at remembering choreography," The dancer admitted as Venus sat down, "And I wouldn't want to have a dance battle with her ever!" 

"Star lover? I think this has a double meaning," Heechul pointed out, and Venus nodded. "It does, funnily enough. It could stand for my love of astromony and galaxy printed things, or it could mean my love for idols." Heechul nodded, "Is there one in particular that you like?" 

"Ah, there is. I recently got in trouble with his fans though," Venus laughed, "I really like Sehun of EXO, which has been a fact since I debuted, honestly." Naeun nodded, "It's true. She's had posters posted on the dorm room wall since they debuted." 

Hani awed, "Wow, you really like EXO, then?" Venus was quick to correct her, "I am a fan of EXO, but specifically Sehun. I like him the most." Heechul suddenly had an idea, "Why don't you send him a video message then? Ask him to be friends?"

Venus was just as qucik to respond, "It's okay, I think his fans have warned him of me enough. I'd rather not have him harrassed any more for me liking him." Hani nodded, "It's hard being a female idol and to be open about liking a boy group member. I'm proud of you for being strong in your support for him though!" Venus smiled and thanked her, letting the MCs move on to the last fun fact. 

"Sensitive to tickles?" As soon as that was read allowed, Venus was no longer in her chair and had zoomed all the way to Su-chin, who was waiting in the back and watching this unfold. The manager started laughing as Venus attempted to hide behind her. "Su-chinnnn, they're going to be mean to me~" She whined, making everyone laugh at her antics. Su-chin managed to get the girl out from behind her, leading her back to the cameras, "Don't be silly, Venus, I'm sure they'd never do something like that," SHe paused in the center, "However," She ran her fingers lighting on the girls back, causing a screech and for her to fall to the ground, "I'd be more than happy to demonstrate." She finished as everyone started laughing at the younger's expense. 

Venus looked up in mock despair, "I trusted you!" She whined, getitng up and scurrying back to her seat. Defconn bowed to Su-chin, "Thank you, 4xU's manager, Su-chin, for helping us in the demonstation!" Su-chin nodded to the camera, before heading off the set and going back to her place so the show could continue. 

"We'll let Venus nuture her pride while we move onto the next member," Hani teased as she moved the cards, revealing Sophie's face, "Sophie! Our resident from Down Under!" Sophie perked up, swinging in her chair a little as she read the rest, only to pause when Chase proclaimed to be finished with her masterpiece. 

"Let's see, then!" When the easel was turned around, giggles burst through the girls. "It's an abstract piece," Chase explained the many lines and strange symbols, "Hani is represented with this pretty flower because she's pretty, Heechul-oppa's a snowflake because he loves Frozen, and of course, there's Defconn-sunbaenim's sunglasses!" She gestured to each one, "And the colors represent all of 4xU and our individual fan colors--" She was quickly shushed by Sang Mi, "We can't reveal all of that yet!" Chase nodded and zipped her lips, winking at the camera and then signing her master piece, leaving it to the side and going back to her seat as they continued with the segment.

"Sophie loves rugby and football? Aren't those rather rough sports?" Heechul was the first to ask, and Sophie just grinned. "True, but they're so much fun to watch. Go All Blacks!" She cheered, claiming her favorite team. "They're great, you should watch their haka at the beginning of their matches. It's amazing!" 

Defconn raised his eyebrows, "Do you actually... like playing?" Sophie shrugged, "With the right people, yes, but when they're too scared to get hurt it's no fun. Rugby's supposed to be a rough sport, so usually I stick to playing football with others." 

"This one I want to actually see," Hani pointed to the next fact, "You play guitar and ukelele! That's really cool! Do you write your own stuff?" Sophie shook her head, "I'm no where near Chase and JJ-unnie's level, but hopefully one day, maybe." Chase slung an arm around her neck, "Don't worry, grasshopper. Soon you'll be a master!" 

"Could you play something for us, Sophie? On either or?" Hani pointed again, and the girl agreed, seeing her beloved ukelele being brought to her by Su-chin. "Ah thank you!" She grabbed the instrument lovingly, "This is Jangmi, everyone. Everyone, Jangmi. Jangmi, everyone." Sophie motioned back and forth towards the ukelele and the surrounding audience. 

"I think I'll play a song that was popualr a few years back in Australia and I happened upon when learning the ukelele, if that's alright." Sophie said, fiddling with the tuners before checking the chord, "There we go. I'll begin now!" She announced, playing a bit from the song Stilettos by Anna Mac, singing along as well, letting the 3rd floor basement be entranced by her voice and abilities. She finished by strumming in a silly manner on her chords, with a loud, "Thank you, Weekly Idol and 3rd floor basement! You've been great!" Earning a couple of laughs and a praise from Heechul, "You're very good at variety, Sophie! I quite like your style!" Sophie made a creepy smile and then went, "Oppa~" Casuing him to regret and even more laughter at the memory of the early segment for pizza and chicken. 

"Skinship Monster?" Defconn read out, "Well then. You have no boundaries with any of the members?" Sophie shook her head, "Oh no no no, I respect their boundaries if they don't like being touched or if we aren't on that level where I can just lay on top of them in their bed randomly." The members were quick to support and confirm that statement. "You're obviously close with Chase, and so she must let you do skinship a lot right? Who's the member you're most awkward with?" She thought for a minute before pointing to Clara. 

"She's very quiet and I'm... not." She explained, "I feel like I scare her a lot of the times and so I don't want to do so by adding skinship in the mix." 

Hani stood up, "No! Unacceptable, you can't be awkward with your teammate. Here, Clara, Sophie, come here --" She pulled the two out of their seats, putting the two in the middle, "Sophie, I want you to say, 'Clara, let's try to get along well and I'll try not to scare you' and Clara, you hug her and say, 'Yes unnie, and I will try my best to communicate with you'." She ordered, going back to her seat. 

Sophie swallowed, looking for any sign that Clara might be uncomfortable with this, but all she found was extreme embarrassment with the younger and it made her relax a bit. "Clara, let's try and get along well and I'll try not to scare you." She recited, opening up her arms for Clara to step into. The youngest member, nodded, her face red, "Ye-yes unnie, and I w-will, uhm..." She tried to remember, looking over to Hani, who mouthed the rest to her, "Try my b-best to communicate with y-y-you." She finished, carefully wrapping her arms around Sophie's waist and barely coming up to the older's chin, letting herself be enveloped in Sophie's hugs, which she found to actually be quite nice and warm. They pulled away with Hani's approval, going back to their seats.

"Pretty Eater... Oh! Like mukbang?" Hani guessed, and Sophie smiled, "I'm just told I eat well and I look good doing it. I don't know if it's actually true... I've never done a mukbang or looked in a mirror when I've eaten, you know." 

"Well let's put it to the test then, because look what just arrived!" Defconn directed their attention to the new addition, causing the girls to cheer. Their chicken and pizza had arrived. "Before we let everyone else eat, though, let's see how pretty Sophie is when she eats just a piece of chicken." He directed before the camera flickered off, giving the staff time to put the tables out and one in the center with a piece of pizza and a couple pieces of boneless chicken for Sophie to munch on, which she happily settled down as the camera's flickered back on, not expecting the MCs to let a loud cheer but allowed them to continue anyways.

"Wow, welcome to an exlcusive Mukbang show everyone! Miss Sophie Yoo will be eating everyone's favorite: boneless chicken and pizza!" They introduced her, moving out of the way as Sophie composed herself from laughing. "Ah, yes, hello everyone. I'm hungry, so let's get right down to it, okay?" She picked up her chopsticks, grabbing a piece of chicken before tearing it carefully with her teeth, chewing nicely and without a sound. 

"She really is pretty when she eats!!" Hani claimed, looking at her from the side and making Sophie giggle as she continued to eat, trying not to let the attention on her eating get her distracted from the actual food and enjoying it. "Wow, Sophie really is a pretty eater!" Defconn announced after a few more bites of chicken and pizza, "Let's let the rest of the group dig in, now!" As soon as the cameras flickered off, the girls all but shoved each other out of the way to get into their seats and begin devouring the food.

"Here, have some!" Tina gestured to the MCs, holding out her chopsticks with a smaller piece of chicken in it. Hani stepped forward, chewing it happily and thanking the kindness of Tina as she began to eat as well. 

"The next segment is something that is also unusual for us to do for the newer groups, but we wanted to give it a try, and surprisingly, we got a really amazing response," Defconn began, the camera panning out to show the group with their food and happily eating. "It's Fan Call Call Call! Let's hear what the fans had to say to you, shall we?" 

"Ah, hello, hello!! I'm a Hero," The girls gasped, the name 'Hero and Heroines' had been Faerietale's original fan club name, "And I'm so happy to see the girls in action again, and I happily welcome the new members as well! I have a request for my favorites though, Venus and Naeun. Could you dance modern or robot style to a child's song? I think it'd be cute and funny! Thank you, and fighting!" The group clapped at the end, motioning for the two dancers to go ahead and stand up. 

"That's amazing, thank you 'Hero' for supporting all of us! Hopefully we'll have a new name that you can call yourself soon!" Naeun bowed to the camera. Venus nodded, bowing as well. "What children's song should we play for this Hero?" Heechul asked, and Hani motioned that she had an idea. 

"The classic: The Pororo theme song!" She grinned, looking at the sound directors. "Whenver Venus and Naeun are ready!" To say the least, the modern dancer Naeun and the robot dancer Venus was a sight to behold as the Pororo theme song began, and it certainly got a reaction from the group watching them. Nevertheless, the two continued to perform as if they were at an awards show and Naeun went into a split at the end, with Venus able to pop and lock herself into a sitting position next to her as well, before they both were able to smile and laugh, helping each other up and bowing once more, "We hope you enjoyed Hero!" As they took their seats, the next call played. 

"Oh, hey there!" It was an English speaker, surprising everyone again, "I'm a new fan, and I'm super excited for this: I'm a huge fan of the Jung Sisters and I'm so happy for JJ to be able to debut and to see her talents. I'm kinda hoping that she'd be able to sing an English song for me? Thanks so much, and lots of support from Australia!!!" JJ couldn't hide the smile, it was really nice to hear that she was now included in the ever popular 'Jung Sisters'. 

JJ motioned towards Sophie, "Since it's Australia, and you're from around there," Sophie nodded, "Let's do an English duet together!" When the younger agreed, the two discussed a song to sing, before settling on 'If I Ain't Got You' by Alicia Keys. "1, 2, 3," JJ counted off, beginning the song and setting the pitch, letting Sophie figure out the correct key for the harmony. After finishing the chorus, they ended and thanks the caller again, "It's wonderful to know that we have support from international and overseas fans, please continue to watch us!" She said in English, Sophie adding, "We hope to meet all of you over there one day as well!"

The next and last call was played, "Ah, well, uhm, hello! I'm a Heroine, and recently, I've been going through a really hard time with a lot of things --" The voice paused for a minute, and Tina gasped, "Oh no, please don't cry over the phone, it's okay!" 

"It's been really hard, but I heard your new song and I just wanted to say that it's helped me so much to see you all still working hard and believing in each other despite what's happened-- Your song really helped me get up and keep moving, it feels like you all really care and I just wanted to tell you all how much I appreicate and love you all, thank you so so much for being who you are. I will work hard to support you, please continue to just be you and give us wonderful music." As the call ended, you could see a few members dabbing under their eyes, the shining from the lights showing that they were fighting back tears. 

"Thank you so much, Heroine," Sang Mi stood up, everyone in the group following suit and bowing deeply in thanks, "You have no idea how much that means to hear. We all know what it's like to be going through a hard time and no matter what it is, we hope that you're getting through it strongly. We'll continue to make good music and be one as long as there's fans like you out there. Thank you so much again." She finished.

The cameras stopped, taking the chairs away, signalling that the end of the episode was coming and they were about to say their goodbyes. Hani came over, smiling brightly and hugging some of the more emotional members. "You guys are amazing, honestly." She said, releasing Clara from her hold, "I'm here to support you all too, okay? I hope to hear of your never ending success. You all deserve it so much." Tina thanked her, her arms now around the youngest member and helping her to calm down and keep the tears from spilling over. "Clara, honey, come now, we're so close to finishing, you can pull through for us, right?" Tina asked, swiping just under the eyes to keep the makeup from running. Clara nodded, her lower lip jutting out a bit and Tina smiled. 

"You're so cute, come on now, smile!" When Clara managed one, she pulled the younger into line up as the camera's light flickered on again, signalling them to start the wrap up. 

Defconn started, "Today we had the bright and lovely 4xU, who proved to us you're always new and exciting no matter what. We hope for much success for For You and your future promotions that are soon coming up! How do you feel finishing another variety show in your debut stage?" 

JJ took the initiative, "We're all very very honored and thankful to have been invited and to be able to appear and recieve much love from not only our fans, but from the staff and MCs as well. We hope that we'll continue to do well and appear on this show many times in the future!" 

"Ah," Defconn sighed, "You haven't lost your Rookie hearts and your compassion, it's truly great to see that. Now don't loose it like Jackson did, okay?" Mentioning the Hong Kong idol, the group managed a small laugh after having to interact with his group on music shows, agreeing and promising Defconn.


"Until then, this has been," Hani let the girls take over, "4xU! Thank you for your hard work!" The girls bowed, thanking the camera men, sound directors, and the rest of the staff for taking care of them so well. It had been an eventful show, and they were ready for the next time they'd appear on the popular show and for any future shows they'd appear on. 


 


 

Author's Note
WEEKLY IDOL WAS SO MUCH FUN but kinda long and it took a while to think of good sections for the girls that wouldn't be too much of a repeat ;u; ;;; I'm sorry that it took so long!! I hope you guys are enjoying 4xU as much as I am! I'm trying to get more things up asap, but school is really just not letting up as midterms are approaching at the end of the month. Thank you for all the suggestions for solo songs or duets, I really enjoyed them and they gave ideas for future promotions! There's going to be a split soon in what we read -- IDYLL and the younger girls having a break. Remember to comment and tell me what you think, if you made any changes, or if you have ideas! ^^ I love ideas~ Thanks guys!
blue_gem_diamond_jewel.png